The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM
ricphoenix

Carnivores...how much meat do you eat?

I see guys posting on this forum post about "watch them grow" and how big they want to get and yet not one of them discuss their diet and food to any significant extent.

Food is the biggest key to size gain. You have to eat consistently too...not just one big meal one day, then normal amounts for a couple days then back to a big meal on the weekend. I suspect this is one of the main reasons you dont see much change in guys who go to the gym regularly....they just dont know how to eat.

This is why you see big guts on off season bodybuilders, strongmen and powerlifters. With bodybuilders most times ignorant people get it confused with using roids because they dont understand that the guy is packing in 4000-7000 calories a day, plus water.

So, I ask, how much protein , in meat , egg and dairy are you getting in you every day?

ps...dieting for size gain is just as hard as dieting to rip up
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:46 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
I remember finding information on specific diets for perfomance enhacement. Weightlifters and wrestlers were mentioned has having to comsume copious amounts of meat to bulk up. But thats all its said "copius". Just spend all your savings stuffing yourself silly - apparently.

I think i could manage a tin of tuna, maybe half a chicken in a day on my salary and scheduel. I also heard that vitamin B helps with stimulating appetite.

Im starting to bring extra food from home to whoff down at my desk, then its off the gym, but ill tell you one thing, its hard work disciplining yourself for forcefeeding.
  #3   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:37 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Working out is the easy part, diet for mass building can be a challenge. Keep the meats fairly lean and don't consume too many starchy foods, have a good breakfast everyday. If you have an extra freezer you can stock up on meat and freeze it, the butcher or grocer will often have sales on certain cuts of meat.
  #4   Add to cccatl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
MuscleMutant

cccatl
Send a message via Yahoo to cccatl
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflated View Post
Working out is the easy part, diet for mass building can be a challenge.
This has been my experience. The diet is definitely the harder part.

Some rules of thumb:

- Eat about 1gm protein per pound bodyweight per day
- Carbs vary depending on whether you're bulking or cutting
- Eat 'clean.' This essentially means eating healthy. Lean cuts of meat. Healthy carbs. Eat your veggies too.
- Never be hungry. Never be full. This means eating 6 small meals throughout the day
  #5   Add to devenir's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:26 PM

devenir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some rules of thumb:

- Eat about 1gm protein per pound bodyweight per day
- Carbs vary depending on whether you're bulking or cutting
- Eat 'clean.' This essentially means eating healthy. Lean cuts of meat. Healthy carbs. Eat your veggies too.
- Never be hungry. Never be full. This means eating 6 small meals throughout the day
Thanks for the tips. 170g of protein a day here I come.
  #6   Add to cccatl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
MuscleMutant

cccatl
Quote:
Originally Posted by devenir View Post
Thanks for the tips. 170g of protein a day here I come.
Devenir,

You should know that 170g of protein a day is a lot of food! To give you an idea, 1 chicken breast is 25g. So you need to eat 7 chicken breasts a day. I can't do that. I try to eat real food as much as possible, but to make up the protein deficit, I use protein shakes.

I don't think it really matters which one. Get the one with the best flavor. I like Cytosport's EvoPro.
  #7   Add to cccatl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
MuscleMutant

cccatl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricphoenix View Post

This is why you see big guts on off season bodybuilders, strongmen and powerlifters. With bodybuilders most times ignorant people get it confused with using roids because they dont understand that the guy is packing in 4000-7000 calories a day, plus water.
Ugh.. I've eaten like that before. And, while I did gain muscle, I gained even more fat. Then dieting down, I lost the muscle. I yo-yo'd like this for a couple years. How frustrating and what a waste of time. But, there are people who apparently succeed with this approach.

What works for me is eating enough protein, but not too much. In other words, I think you can limit your muscle growth by not enough protein, but I don't think you accelerate your growth with too much protein. I think the surplus calories just go to fat.

I like this approach better. It's more practical for me. I continue growing. And, I keep pretty lean. So, I can take off my shirt and dance with the boys anytime of year.. ;-)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options