You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to muscleaddict564's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:54 AM

muscleaddict564 is on a distinguished road
For your music needs :)

Hey guys.

I don't think this has been posted, and being a tech nerd, I like writing about different websites blahblah. In this post, I'll show y'all two differnet online radios that are simply AWESOME!

Thsi will be condensed, 'cause I'm super and tired and want to sleep :P

Pandora.com -
There's a free, and a premium version. Sign up for an account (so you can save your radio stations) and then enter a song OR an artist name. What this does is creates a basis for your station, and relative songs/artists that play music similar to the original one you put in will be played. Lemme give you an example.

Say I put in "Trisha Yearwood" as my basis for a new station. She's an epic country singer. Okay, I'd probably expect to hear songs by Shania Twain and Martina McBride, who are also epic country singers within that age range (30-40).

Let's say I put in "Rise Against", whic his a punk rock band. I'd probably hear stuff like Nine Inch Nails, System of a Down, ect.

And finally, let's say I put in "Eminem". I could expect to hear various rap songs by various artists.

Anyway, the awesome part is you can thumbs up or thumbs down the songs that are played on your radio. If you thumbs up it, that song will be added to your radio, AND songs/artists similar to that song will start playing o nyour radio. See, it's like each user has a 'database' of music, and as you listen to more songs / rate them, the station gets more specific to your music tastes. The downside is that like every 6 or 7 songs, there's usually a 30 second audio ad. But, it's free, so who cares :P Oh, you can also 'skip' songs, but you can only skip like 4 per hour as a free member.

Now, for the second site.
Jango.com is an online radio that plays songs similar to what you put in originally. It's not as unique as Pandora's system, but it's great 'cause the ads are only 15 seconds long, infrequent, and can be blocked via AdBlocker (google it; it's a Firefox addon). I have only been using this site for like a day, so I dunno everything about it, but it seems to be great as you get unlimited skips ^^ So I usually just skip until I come upon a song that I know I like :B

Enjoy.
PS: To sign up with Jango, you have to enter an artist first, to create a station. Then it lets you sign up.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to shenworne's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:55 AM

shenworne is on a distinguished road
MuscleAddict,
Just gone through entire post,thanks for sharing online radio,they both are awesome and i had registered and enjoying the online radio.If you have more such site just reply me.
  #3   Add to muscleaddict564's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:30 PM

muscleaddict564 is on a distinguished road
I'll reply here so everyone can see. You can use Jango.com, which is similar to Pandora.com, but less intuitive yet less ads. There's also Grooveshark.com, which isn't a radio in the traditional sense. You enter a search query (such as I've Got A Feeling) or something and user-uploaded songs will be displayed that match your search. You can create playlists, ect. Enjoy.
  #4   Add to henrinaiara's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:04 AM

henrinaiara is on a distinguished road
Hey thanks a lot for sharing!
It really is useful

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image