The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media > Before + After Transformations
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Before + After Transformations Exclusively for real-life transformation photos

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:37 PM

massingUP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to massingUP
MuscleNow trainer

Hey guys,

Not sure if this guy has been mentioned here before. But a friend pointed me to this site today, so I thought I'd share.

http://www.musclenow.com/pictures.html

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~massingUP
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2004, 05:27 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
James,
I've seen pics of this guy for years now. I guess he hasn't changed a bit since 1996, well other than the width of his wallet... I am skeptical, but I'm also curious. Maybe I'd be more interested if I had disposable income, but this sounds like a scam. Anyone actually tried it?
  #3   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2004, 07:04 PM

massingUP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to massingUP
Oh yeah... I'm highly skeptical of his "program"... and the idea that he achieved that body without the use of steroids is theoretically possible -- though highly, HIGHLY unlikely.

Still, I thought they were nice pics. So I figured I'd pass them along. <g>

-- J.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~massingUP
  #4   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Developing Muscle Mammoth

rp28nct
MuscleNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
Anyone actually tried it?
Hey guys,
I've tried it, and actually made some excellent gains using the program. It's what first jumpstarted my own growth. I haven't achieved anything like what the author has, and even though it's worked well for me, I still maintain some of my skepticism. Fortunately, I bought the book several years ago when it wasn't so expensive. A lot of good information and common sense stuff inside. Good workout splits and comments on diet.

Been thinking of dusting off the book and getting back to basics to see if I can shock my body into more growth.

Russ
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2004, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp28nct
I've tried it, and actually made some excellent gains using the program.
...A lot of good information and common sense stuff inside. Good workout splits and comments on diet.
Russ, you haven't told us about how you've been doing lately? Thank you for the review, I wasn't sure what it was, the website didn't explain if it was a suplement, or a workout plan or what? It just looked like some nice photos, and a big price tag... However, I'm the natural skeptic.

Brent.
  #6   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM

rp28nct
Still around

Quote:
Russ, you haven't told us about how you've been doing lately? ....
Hey Brent,

Yeah, I'm still around, but haven't updated anyone on my progress recently. Want to wait until after bulking up over the winter. I've gained 8 lbs over the summer, all muscle, and looking to pack on another 25 when I get my diet set. My primary goal is to compete next year.

This summer has been very busy with volunteering to do construction work at my church... we're building a new sanctuary. Most of my free time is spent there working on projects. That work is slowly winding down, and I'm getting back into heavier lifting.

I'll plan to take some now photos and then comparisons after my bulk. Should be exciting.

Lates,
Russ
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:23 AM

Russ,
I'm sure that building a church sanctuary has plenty of opportunity for heavy lifting. However, when you start dialing up the resistance, I'd do it gradually (over a 2-3 week period) so that you don't get so sore all of a sudden, that you get demotivated, or even sick! Your body is an amazing tool, if you give it a little slack, and time is on your side. I can't wait for the next installment of pick, I hope you have a big change!
B.
  #8   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2004, 07:17 AM

rp28nct
Updates

Brent,

You're right, doing construction does involve a lot of heavy lifting. The other night we were installing some trusses on the ceiling with lag bolts that had to be racheted into place. Got an incredible workout for my shoulders with all the overhead strain.

I've got a lot of video clips that document my progress, and want to do more, but I have not place to host the files. Anybody know of a good clip hosting site?

Lates,
Russ
  #9   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2004, 07:45 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
you're looking VERRRY good,

&learning more about posing;which is a bigger part of a good pic than you might think!keep up the great work!
  #10   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2004, 11:21 AM

You do look like you've made good progress since the last time we saw you. Posing for a pic is hard (look at my crappy posing for proof of that) and it will help a lot on this endeavor.

Take Care, Brent.
  #11   Add to Tremmer2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2004, 03:39 PM

Tremmer2003 is on a distinguished road
Hi Russ, Hi All (First Post Ever)

Hi All :0)

Hope you have all had an Excellent Christmas.

Russ, you may or may not remember me but we were working on online animation in 2003, or was it 2002, I can't remember which, but anyway, you did some voice acting for me. -i'm sure you remember now.

As for the rest of you, you may or may not recognise the name "Tremmer2003", but some time ages ago I worked on some of the very first animated morph works. I believe one of my works can be found at musclemorphs.com.

Anyways, I see your doing well Russ :0) still weight lifting hard and gaining good results.

I myself have changed somewhat since you "saw" me last. I have recently just started working out, in the past I only worked out at home as I felt I would feel rather intimidated working out at the gym, think there would only be really buff people there working out and looking down on any new comers, but i found it to be very different from that vision. Once I started going i found that infact noone really cares what you do there and everyone just gets on with their own work out, which is quite unlike what i thought it would be. Furthermore, I found that there are far more people who, how do put this with-out sounding horrible, that are "gravitationally challenged", (and i dont mean that in the muscle sense), than there are buff people.

So I have been going for just over 6 weeks now (four days a week, 3 weight and resistence training, 1 major cardio). Just had my test results back and found that i had gained 3.3Kg of lean muscle (test carried out having been wired up to some weird machine that tells you about water, btf ratios and what not) in 6 weeks, which is good, although i have no idea how much you can pack on in 6 weeks but still, there you go. Although i have had to change my diet somewhat to acheive this. Actually the funny thing is, my personal trainer told me that i now have to eat even more because my metabolic rate has increased by 100 due to the added muscle, which i thought was astonishing, but then I am new to this whole thing, since of course im doing this properly for the first time ever. I was really worried however that I would not put alot of muscle on because I thought I had a high metabolism, but clearly something is working. Anyway, i've just turned 24 and if i don't get big now, i never will, so I have been really going for it and hope to continue for at least a year and see how much i can stack on. Thankfully, being that im only 5'6", im working on the pretext that i dont have to add too much before its really noticable. Now obviously I want to add as much as possible, but im keeping my goals simple and achievable and playing the whole thing by ear, and basically see what happens. Sorry, i do rant on.... Funny thing is, this is the first post i have ever made to this forum, and the first time i have "spoken" to you Russ in years, so prehaps its justifed.

Well, i thought I'd just say hi anyway.

Marc

Last edited by Tremmer2003; December 27th, 2004 at 03:44 PM.
  #12   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 07:32 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
You are looking GREAT!! Russ!!

Those biceps look like they're packed full of super power and ready to jump into weight pumping action at any moment.

I agree - when I was 17-20 and working construction (concrete labor) every day - I was the leanest and most ripped I've ever been. I wasn't very strong but I was wiry and mean... and had I cleaned up my diet and other .... habits.... of the time, I might've actually gained some good muscle for all my effort back then. I wasn't NEARLY as buff looking as YOU, however!! As it is, I later got a desk job and got fat, and then spent the last couple years moving into the shape I am now and continuing in this direction.

Damn dude... keep up the great work and post some more pictures for us, would you?! Oh - and welcome to the over 6' club, BTW. Look out otto - we've got another member - strong and growing!!!

Tremmer - how about some progress pictures and stats!! I know we'd all love to see 'em!
  #13   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 12:15 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Photos and stats ont he way

Hi ethernet_jock,

Since your interested, I'll post some photo's and stats shortly, but i must stress i am new to this body building thing and have only been going seriously for just over 6 weeks, so don't expect muscle jock of the year, or any thing close to it :0)

ok, brb, ill post again in a few hours.

Marc
  #14   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
ok, brb,
How did my initials ever get to mean "Bathroom break"?

Seriously, we don't expect the jock o the year Marcus, but it would be cool to see you document your progress over time. Starting now. So post already, and we promise to only be kind.
Brent.
  #15   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 04:26 PM
On route to freakdom

Hi All,

Ok here is some pics of my current state, I do have some of me pri to the first 6 weeks of BB, but I have decided to leave them out for my first pic post. Prehaps ill release a morph at some stage. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Brent - thanks for your post and sorry for the delay. I had to go out and thought it would be best to just leave a response rather than nothing at all.

Ok, heres my stats:

Height: 5'6"

Stats prior to 6 week phase 1 plan:
Weight: 130lbs, biceps check, hehe 12", lower arm 10.3", waist 28", thighs 20", calfs 14.5", :::: FAT 13.8% (8.3Kg), Lean 86.2 % (51.9kg), Metabolic rate (rest) = 1627kcal, working rate 2603kcal.

Stats after 6 week (phase 1 complete)
Weight: 141lbs, biceps 13.25", lower arm 10.8", waist 30", thighs 21.5", calfs 15", :::: FAT 12.8% (8.1Kg), Lean 87.2 % (55.2kg), Metabolic rate (rest) = 1718kcal, working rate 2749kcal.

All body fat, metabolic, and lean weight measurments calculated using a BodyStat 1500 device.

Well, bottom line is first 6 weeks of bulking and what not has produced 3.3kg of added lean muscle and 1% drop in body fat. Now I am looking forward to the next 6 week phase and see if i cant gain another 7lbs or prehaps even more, who knows.

The goal is to add as much muscle as possible (same as Russ's vision), but obviously some time in a couple of years I know genetics will be the key. Well for now at least my most imediate goal is to gain another 7lbs or more of muscle within the next phase, hopefully bringing me up to 150lbs altogether. But by the end of next year it would be great to be a lot closer to 200lbs.

Well let me know what you think, good or bad.

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; December 28th, 2004 at 04:30 PM.
  #16   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 07:20 PM

glammaman2000
GREAT genetics!!

...that's a pretty body,kid!take it as far as you want to go!!!
  #17   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM

Marc, I agree with Glam, I'd guess you to have good genetics. At your height, you should be looking huge in no time at all. You are obviously making great progress, but being naturally good looking is a plus for you too.

PS. I didn't notice any real delay, I was suggesting you post some pics, so you can document your progress. There's no need for an apology.
  #18   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2004, 09:08 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Marco_ukmus ....My two cents: Awesome base... at your height and 200lbs you're going to be freaky. Plus you're bulking pretty clean (esp to loose BF while gaining muscle mass) Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

Scott
  #19   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:51 AM
On route to freakdom

Thanks everyone for your motivating comments, I think i can lift a little harder knowing that your all behind me.

glammaman2000 - Thanks for posting, I wanna push myself for at least a year and see what damage are can cause. Actually the other day I worked out that if i gained just 7lbs every 6 weeks, I could therietically gain 60lbs in a year bringing me up to 210lbs~. Now obviously it does not work like that but does anyone know how much lean muscle one can pack on (without drugs) in a year?

optimusx - Thanks for your too cents, I have every intension on getting freaky :0) and i'm not the type of person to give up.

brent - Thanks for you comments. I will be posting updates (if you guys are interested) every 6 weeks, basically after each phase. So hopefully I should be working towards a decent body. Some of mates have made odd comments about me looking different and more buff, but did'nt think you could see through the clothes, but then since i see myself all the time in the mirror, its hard to notice the changes inless they are dramatic of course.

Anyway, thanks for all you comments again. The first phase was great but the second phase is going to much much better. In phase one I had to get used to going to the gym and learning to lift weights with the correct form. Supplementation was added, but i did not keep to it all the time, so phase 2 will bring a strict protein enriched diet, (i'm thinking about 150-200 grams per day, what do you guys think?) and a serious change in pace in the workout plan. I'm still going to stick to the 4 day a week schedule (3 weight & resistance, 1 cardio), as i think this works well. Obviously you guys will note that i have some lard to shift at some stage, but hey, this is the bulking stage. Some people say i should do 5 days a week, but not only does 4 days a week fit in great with my job, but it also gives me lots of rest, and rest means growth :0)

Marc
  #20   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:35 AM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
Marc..........looks to me like you've got a great frame for slabbing on some serious size, and for building one wicked V-shaped torso. Keep it up bud...
Mike
  #21   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:03 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMikeNJ
Marc..........looks to me like you've got a great frame for slabbing on some serious size, and for building one wicked V-shaped torso. Keep it up bud...
Mike
Thanks Mike :0) somebody mentioned to me awhile ago that a had a good V to work with. If i get to your size i'll be over the moon :0). Well, fear not, I have every intension of keeping it up! Just doing it for 6 weeks, I have found that if on the very off chance when im ill and cant go to the gym, i end up feeling VERY guilty the entire day and can hardly think of anything else, so i think the mind set is there. Even over Christmas I was itching to get back into the gym.

Its weird actually, before when I lifted weights (prior to doing it seriously/now) I always lost motivation after a week or so, and never thought that exercise could be so addictive. All I can say for any new coming like myself whom wants to get big is just be open minded, work hard, and enjoy it. If you serious, you'll still be doing years down the line. I know, im not exactly in the position to of said that, since i have only been going strong for 6 weeks, but still, I feel i have the will power to do it this time, I have no idea why, prehaps my desire to get big has finally set in, who knows.

Thanks again,

Marc
  #22   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 02:22 PM

ethernet_jock
Holy Crap Marc - sorry to be slow on the uptake compared to everyone else but you are looking GREAT. That's after only 6 weeks? 7 lbs in 6 weeks of real lean muscle mass?!?

That's very impressive. If 4 days/week are what work for you, do it!! Everyone's body is different and you've obviously found the right combination for you. Truly Awesome!

You're only 5'6" but I'm already fearing how you'll look in a year! At that rate of progress, you'll be doing curls with me in no time while I tremble in fear!

Awesome, you've got a fantastic frame and body. Your hard work will compliment you well. Keep it up!
  #23   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 03:10 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
Holy Crap Marc - sorry to be slow on the uptake compared to everyone else but you are looking GREAT. That's after only 6 weeks? 7 lbs in 6 weeks of real lean muscle mass?!?

That's very impressive. If 4 days/week are what work for you, do it!! Everyone's body is different and you've obviously found the right combination for you. Truly Awesome!

You're only 5'6" but I'm already fearing how you'll look in a year! At that rate of progress, you'll be doing curls with me in no time while I tremble in fear!

Awesome, you've got a fantastic frame and body. Your hard work will compliment you well. Keep it up!
Hi Ether,

Yup thats truly 7lbs in 6 weeks, I had a bodystat test at the beginning and at the end of phase 1. I have no reason to lie (not that your insinuating it, but just to clarify) as if i lie to you guys, then i'm lying to myself when i read any feedback that i get.

So i'm guessing by the response that 7lbs in 6weeks is a good achievment then? Obviously, being new to this whole thing, i'm not sure what to expect or what is achievable (obviously with out taking drugs).

Yeah thats just 4 days a week, I was told that prehaps i should consider 5 days a week, but i'm not sure, they say you need lots of rest, so i'm thinking play hard, rest hard as it were. Ah well, we'll just have wait and see what happens over the next 6 weeks and ill post pics again at the end of phase 2 and see how much i have changed. Hopefully I look a little different, who knows :0)

Marc
  #24   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 04:52 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Does anyone else think that Marc looks like what a well built Sean Austin would look like Just a thought...

Scott
  #25   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 06:23 PM

glammaman2000
one summer...

...i gained 30lbs.of muscle(160-190lbs.i was 24 at the time)having some protein in your body all day is more important than a lot at one time.you can work out when you're sick.just dont get snot on the bars.

Last edited by glammaman2000; December 29th, 2004 at 06:32 PM.
  #26   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Actually the other day I worked out that if i gained just 7lbs every 6 weeks, I could therietically gain 60lbs in a year bringing me up to 210lbs~. Now obviously it does not work like that but does anyone know how much lean muscle one can pack on (without drugs) in a year?
I hope you can keep up this progress, or even better, but life has taught me that plans like these rarely work out. I don't want to be the bubble burster, I just don't want you to be disappointed. Now with that said, I really want to see how you look with 210+ on your frame, in a year or less.

I agree with Glam, that it's less how much protein you eat, but how available it is at all times.
  #27   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 01:33 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
I hope you can keep up this progress, or even better, but life has taught me that plans like these rarely work out. I don't want to be the bubble burster, I just don't want you to be disappointed. Now with that said, I really want to see how you look with 210+ on your frame, in a year or less.

I agree with Glam, that it's less how much protein you eat, but how available it is at all times.
Hi Brent,

Yeah I realise that I won't be stacking on 7lbs every 6 weeks, maybe 10lbs! or 20lbs is more realistic, (only joking ;0) Hehe, if only! Anyway, when i was undertaking phase 1 I changed my diet within the 2 week, eating 1 tuna can for lunch with a salid every single day. It was very dull, but it was a great way to get 25g protein. Obviously I was doing the 6 meal a day thing, although to be honest, i did not stick to it all the time. So this is why not only does phase two have a intense revised workout plan, but also I'll be sticking to the supplementation and diet to the letter, and hope that I can prehaps gain slightly more lean mass in phase 2 than i did in phase 1. We'll just have to see.

Also in phase 1 I was taking N-Large 2 for 11 days, which worked out to be 52grams of protein plus L-glutimate. But i only took it for a short while since the stuff is imported from you guys (i'm guessing most people here are from the USA) and is very expensive. Ironically, on the directions it says to take one after workout and one after each meal and before bed, with only 11 servings per tub, you'd end up using it all with a few days! Anyway, so phase two supplementation plan is to take the N-Large 2 stuff either after a workout, or before bed, and the other 2 meals out of 6 will use cheap 16 - 22g Whey protien, what do you guys recon?

In phase 1 I actually cocked chicken every day for work for the two side meals. I was taking on average 145g of protien a day excluding the evening meal. So I think since i'm now weight 140, I best be taking a lot more, so the new plan i think will cover it, although i am fearful of putting on fat even though this is a bulking stage, mind you I lost 1% from last time. Am i boring you yet? Hehe

I was also thinking about taking tribulus fuel to promote Testosterone production, which apparently is a nature herb: has anyone used this stuff? Does it work?

Marc
  #28   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:10 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
Does anyone else think that Marc looks like what a well built Sean Austin would look like Just a thought...

Scott
Yup, I was his double in Lord of the Rings :0) (Joking)

So why the connection? (just curious)

Marc
  #29   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:30 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...i gained 30lbs.of muscle(160-190lbs.i was 24 at the time)having some protein in your body all day is more important than a lot at one time.you can work out when you're sick.just dont get snot on the bars.
Yeah, i've looked at your profile, your huge! I mean 19" arms, now thats awesome! :-)
  #30   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 04:56 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
optimusx> I agree, and I've had a crush on Sean Astin for a looong time.

Marco> My real name is "Marc", so seeing "my" name everywhere is giving my head a bit of a spin. Tribulus will work, BUT you have to make sure that you're using the right brand. There's only one part of the tribulus plant that affects testosterone to any useful degree, and most tribulus suppliments don't use that part. If you feel like the clerk where you get your suppliments knows his stuff, asking to walk you through the different brands.

When I took it last summer, I used Tribex from a company called BioTest. From what I've heard, it's the second-best on the market (and I can't remember which one was the best). Be forewarned: you will experience an increased sex drive which may or may not be a good thing.

Oh, and on the original thread topic: I always thought it would be fun to write a MG story in that sort of informercial, "Dear Friend, I have an amazing story to tell you! All these secrets and more for only 39.95!" style, but it never really clicked whenever I gave it a try.

Last edited by The Magus; December 30th, 2004 at 05:00 AM.
  #31   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 05:13 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi Magnus, or should i say Marc, Humm, yeah i can see how this will get confusing...

Thanks for your info though, I might try that stuff and see what happens.

I agree, this thread has gone somewhat off topic. Well, inless anyone objects, we can always move the thread over to somewhere else.

Marc
  #32   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 06:45 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Yup thats truly 7lbs in 6 weeks, I had a bodystat test at the beginning and at the end of phase 1. I have no reason to lie (not that your insinuating it, but just to clarify) as if i lie to you guys, then i'm lying to myself when i read any feedback that i get.

So i'm guessing by the response that 7lbs in 6weeks is a good achievment then? Obviously, being new to this whole thing, i'm not sure what to expect or what is achievable (obviously with out taking drugs).

Yeah thats just 4 days a week, I was told that prehaps i should consider 5 days a week, but i'm not sure, they say you need lots of rest, so i'm thinking play hard, rest hard as it were. Ah well, we'll just have wait and see what happens over the next 6 weeks and ill post pics again at the end of phase 2 and see how much i have changed. Hopefully I look a little different, who knows :0)
I was definitely not insinuating that. I meant to lend applause with shock value... that's impressive but still belivable. I've heard it told that the most obvious gains are always made in the first 6 months of lifting.... that wasn't really true for me..... and I'm not sure how true it is for anyone else. But regardless - you're doing GREAT!!

4 days/week is 1 day more than I give it - you're doing fantastic and you're right.... it's a 3 part triangle and no single part is more important than another: Exercise, Rest, and Diet. Balance - and you seem to have found it. As your body changes in the next year or so you'll have to adjust your balance slightly every so often but I think you've got the right idea. Can't wait to see the new pics!!

I think I should clarify one of my other comments earlier too. When I said "you'll be doing curls with me"... I didn't mean like parallel to my level of lifting because my level isn't all that high compared to most of these guys. I meant - you'd be picking me up off the ground and using my body to do curls with. Laugh if you will, I can see the strength potential in those arms.... it's coming!

#33   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 07:18 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi Ether,

I know you were not insinuating it, and I am very grateful for your motivating comments :0)

Hehe, Well I'm not sure ill be lifting your weight for a while yet :0) But one day prehaps

Marc

P.S. Somewhat off topic, but i've seen your most recent blog, which is interesting, and like how many computers and servers have you got in that room of yours!!
  #34   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:39 AM

ethernet_jock
hahah.... 5'6" = shorter arms..... shorter arms = better leverage. You'll be preacher curling 250lbs before you know it!!

As for my blog (and this goes for anyone on here)... most of you already know my "blog rule". It's there for everyone to see and keep up with my life as they desire, but my only request is that nobody mentions this forum in the comments on there. My wife knows I come here and she knows all "about me" so I'm not hiding anything from her... but there are a number of people in my life that probably wouldn't really understand the full-on muscle fettish. I love all you guys and I'm sure you have a similar experience.

That being said - please feel free to visit any time! To answer your question: I am the Director of IT for the Denver Metro Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Therefore computers are my life. Thus the screen name "ethernet jock" wherein Ethernet is a computer networking standard and Jock being the "expert" at networking and also a jock in terms of physicality.... the dual meaning is intended.

More directly, I have 5 servers currently in my office, 2 of which are going to replace the other 3. I'm in the process of that currently. There are probably only 4 workstations sitting around in here that aren't the one I use currently being a total of 5. Not that many really. Oh, and I think I've got 4 laptops in here somewhere and a bunch of other crap. LOL... ok, that's a lot of computers. I give.

THanks for the note!
  #35   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM

Marco, I'm in absolute awe of how much homework you've done in your supplements, workouts, protein amounts, etc. I don't find it boring, I'm just envious that I haven't done that much homework yet. I feel like you could teach all of us a fair amount about meal planning, etc. As for your designer protein supplement from the US, while we do need the jobs here desperately (the nation & economy are being run by crazy people right now) I'd save the money, and use a cheaper supplement, more often.

Also, with the Sean Astin thing, I have to agree. I saw him a year after Lord of the Rings, and he'd already lost the weight, and got his tan back. He was a hotty! You definitely are as cute as he is, and should be proud of that.

As for the Marc/Marc thing, I'm almost jealous. I never meet other Brents. It isn't even that uncommon of a name, but I never meet them. In real-life, or online.

Also, if you want to move this thread, that'd be great. All the large photos here means lots of scrolling... Plus this isn't the best place for the thread. (My 2?)
  #36   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 01:04 PM
On route to freakdom

Hi Ether & Brent,

******** Ether *********

I am in the same situation, as i'm sure many of those whom visit this site are, that of not wanting certain people, be it family, friends or work mates, knowing about this fettish of muscle growth. Like you say, they are highly likely not to understand, not having it themselves (or so we assume), and therefore its simply easier to not get in that ackward situation.
Its weird yet logical that we are unhappy for those close to us to know about really personal things, but yet on the other hand have no problem sharing and discussing such details with strangers. Now obviously we still hold back ulimately revealing personal details that would pin point ones identity, but its also very logical in the sense that in the main, because none of us are close or family, that we have no need to be biased or subjective about these issues. Having said that, obviously the internet being the home of huge collective thought of such emense diversity, I, as im sure we all do, still take everything we read with a pinch of salt.

As for note, no need to thank, i was quite intriged. I too have a career in the technical side of computer system, both hardware and software.

Thanks for you comment about the preacher curls, well prehaps phase 4 or 5 ill be shifting that much, we'll just have to wait and see. Also, on that note, i'd also like to thanks again to averyone thats contributed with motivating comments, as i just got back from the gym only a couple of hours ago, and ended up lifting a little more than last time, and ended up having a wicked pump. There's never a camera when you need one. :0)

****** Brent ******

The thing is, I don't wanna mess around this time, you see i've done the, yeah lets do it and then give up a week later scenario before, quite a few times infact, and i'm disapointed with myself for not doing it and sticking with it sooner, a mean i've just turned 24, and what to have something half decent by the time i'm 25. I don't know why, but the age of 25 has always been a marker for some reason, and "No" its beacue I want to drink in bars, over here its 18, although having said that, it would be cool to drink in an american bar and see how that differs. Which i'm sure wont be that different, except for the change in accent, but then i wonder know. Anyway, (slight tangent ;0) ), I just have to do it this time, its either now or never (obviously doesn't actually have to be now, but hey its a good mentality to have). As am new to this whole thing, i have no idea what works and wat does not, so i have done some research on the internet, and have correlated the info to find where simular facts and success stories meet, such as what makes up the common denomiators for exercises, supplements, and diets. So we'll just have to see how much i can change my body until gentics presents itself as a barrier, which i think, hopefully is a long way away. Mind you, gentics might not be so important in the future, with the dawn of nano-technology and genetic engineering. The idea of having an injection to make you massive without exercise is already here, just has not been made safe for human testing yet url: http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=234 Infact i recorded a rather intesting documentary of the tv about this and other upcoming stuff, prehaps its worth sharing, but its purely about muscle growth in humans and theres this PhD guy stating that he does not think its uncomlishable for a human to be 10 feet tall with like 700lbs in ten years! crazy huh! Then it just comes down to whether one want to be that big, living and get stuff from the food store and have people look at you all the time. But hey, building muscle already gets you noticed, so what the hell ;0)
Anyway, sorry, I know i go on some what... a few more lines and i think this will be longer than my final year dissertation, lol! ok ending shortly... I'm not sure i'm at the stage where i can teach you guys anything, not that i mind sharing (not that you would not have known that with all my typing... ), but I am still in the infancy of doing this, prehaps when i have another gain or two, then i will know that it consistently works. But thank you for the complement (your probably wondering why could not have said that several hundreds of lines before ah well).

Well as for the politics, I don't exactly feel safe with Tony runny our country. Most people think he needs to consentrate on home issues like immagration, transport and health services, but hey, i don't think he'll get back in again. I must say i was surprised to see that Bush got another term, but there you go. Our ecconomy is not exactly perfect, speaking personally, I know of many excellent graduates with 1st degrees and great references that can't get the foot with in the IT industry. Most say its down to the after math of Sept 11th. But hey what can you do. You just have to stay positive :0)

Right last point to cover, I think you right, I will move the thread to the personal section, oh not the thread but rather the parts about me. I think that would be the best place for it. I think i've single handedly moved the topic way beyond what it was aimed at.

Ill put another post here once i've set it up so that you can follow it, if your interested, which im guessing you are :0)

Right must stop typing, my mates are pestering me to go to the pub with them.

Marc
  #37   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2004, 04:44 PM

rp28nct
Slow to respond

Hey guys,

Just got back into town from spending the holidays with my family. Hope everyone had as pleasant a time as I did. Got in some good workouts, too.

Thanks for all the comments about the picture I posted. My arms are growing, along with the rest of my body. If you want to follow my progress more closesly, hit me up for chat on Yahoo Messenger sometime.

glammaman2000, Posing is fun.. and to look natural on stage, you have to practice. I usually spend about 30 minutes after my workout posing and working on my routine for the stage. I want to compete next year.

brent, Thanks a lot, bro! I'm glad that you can see the changes. Never hurts to have an objective opinion, although you guys are probably more critical judges than anyone else because you know what you like to see... the bigger the better, right? haha

Tremmer2003, Marc!!! Where have you been, bro!? I totally remember working with you on that project, and was looking forward to it being completed. What happened? Actually, it looks like you put the time to good use by working on your physique! Much improvement... you look bigger and more defined compared to the last time I saw you. Way to grow! Definitely keep us posted on your development. My goal is to hit 200 lbs and then compete... see where I can go from there.

ethernet_jock, Double thanks for the comments!! My arms are massing up nicely, and I like to show them off. I will definitely be posting more on my progress. Am bulking up over the winter, so I may wait until the Spring to update you. Oh, and I've always been 6'3" tall... well since high school. But thanks for welcoming me to the 6' club on this forum.

Lates,
Russ
  #38   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:04 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi Russ,

I know its been a loooonnng time since we've "spoken". I so wanted to complete the project but the animation work just was taking so much time, and taking days to render small sections. And being i was at University at the time, something had to give. I know i should have comeback to you sooner, actually i can't even remember how we left it, prehaps i never re-opened it after going travelling, ah well. I still have the script and all the wav files you recorded. I am however thinking about re-starting it, why you might ask? well has anyone here played with Half-Life 2? well just incase you have not heard of it, its a computer game for the PC. And what does this have to do with anything? well, Half-Life 2 has amazing real-time character animation, infact, people have stated that its the most realistic out there at the moment. Anyway, using FacePoser, which comes with the games SDK, you can easily import wav files and create quick lipsyncs, control character emotions and actions and then link them to a map whereby you can carry out the recording and camara takes. Anyway, i shall not bore you with the rest of the technical babble, but basically, we can render in realtime, thus no more waiting for poser to render animations, and one can simply drop in funiture objects and things like gravity and lighting are easy to set up. Anyway, If your willing we could restart the project and finish it this time, we are likely to require to have the files re-recorded, this is because the files are not very crisp and thus mess up the lip-syncing. I have tried cleaning the old ones up but they dont lip sync well. Also, between your voice and the other guy from LA, (i'm sure you remember him), your voice is a lot younger sounding, inless its changed recently with all your pumping iron ;0) so prehaps you should play the main role, and we can find someone else to do the rest of the roles. Actually, it would be great to find a female to play a part, i wonder if any females visit this site... Anyway, what do you say Russ? give it another go? :0)

BTW, thanks for the comment about looking bigger, like you, im growing all the time... My goal s the same, 200lbs~. But goodness, your now thinking of competing! way to go, or shall i nick your line, way to grow! :0) Keep it up Russ, and keep me up to date with your progress as well. BTW, if you wanna catch up on a messenger sometime, let me know :0) Actually, come to think of it, we could do a voice chat using Ventrilo, prehaps we could do all the voice recording over that...

Thanks,

Marc
  #39   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:55 AM
On route to freakdom

Ok, ive raised a new thread in the "watch me grow" section url http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php3?t=1822

So ill post all new info in there rather than in here or anyhwere else for that matter.

Marc
  #40   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:57 AM

rp28nct
Good idea

Quote:
...., actually i can't even remember how we left it, prehaps i never re-opened it after going travelling, ah well.... Anyway, what do you say Russ? give it another go? :0)

BTW, thanks for the comment about looking bigger, like you, im growing all the time... My goal s the same, 200lbs~. But goodness, your now thinking of competing! way to go, or shall i nick your line, way to grow! :0) Keep it up Russ, and keep me up to date with your progress as well. BTW, if you wanna catch up on a messenger sometime, let me know :0) Actually, come to think of it, we could do a voice chat using Ventrilo, prehaps we could do all the voice recording over that...
Marc, sure I remember the project and all the voice files I recorded for the script. My voice is still very much the same, even though the body around it has gotten thicker. haha. I would be happy to pick up the project again, and record some new files. I figured out what was wrong with my computer that prevented me from recorded clean dialogue before.

My Yahoo Messenger S/N is: rp25nct
Hope to hear from you soon, bro! We've got a lot to catch up on.

Lates,
Russ

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode