The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 3.79 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:51 AM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Marco_ukmus BB Progress Log

Ok here is some pics of my current state, I do have some of me pria to the first 6 weeks of BB, but I have decided to leave them out for my first pic post. Prehaps ill release a morph at some stage. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Ok, heres my stats:

Height: 5'6"

Stats prior to 6 week phase 1 plan:
Weight: 130lbs, biceps check, hehe 12", lower arm 10.3", waist 28", thighs 20", calfs 14.5", :::: FAT 13.8% (8.3Kg), Lean 86.2 % (51.9kg), Metabolic rate (rest) = 1627kcal, working rate 2603kcal.

Stats after 6 week (phase 1 complete)
Weight: 141lbs, biceps 13.25", lower arm 10.8", waist 30", thighs 21.5", calfs 15", :::: FAT 12.8% (8.1Kg), Lean 87.2 % (55.2kg), Metabolic rate (rest) = 1718kcal, working rate 2749kcal.

All body fat, metabolic, and lean weight measurments calculated using a BodyStat 1500 device.

Well, bottom line is first 6 weeks of bulking and what not has produced 3.3kg of added lean muscle and 1% drop in body fat. Now I am looking forward to the next 6 week phase and see if i cant gain another 7lbs or prehaps even more, who knows.

The goal is to add as much muscle as possible, but obviously some time in a couple of years I know genetics will be the key. Well for now at least my most imediate goal is to gain another 7lbs or more of muscle within the next phase, hopefully bringing me up to 150lbs altogether. But by the end of next year it would be great to be a lot closer to 200lbs.

Well let me know what you think, good or bad. Phase 2 (another 6 weeks) starts on the 4th Jan.

Marc

(Statement moved from another thread)

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; December 31st, 2004 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:51 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Keep up the good work, Marc. You're a very handsome young man and you have loads of potential!

xoxo

Richard Jasper
Ann Arbor, Michigan
  #3   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 12:38 PM
On route to freakdom

Thanks for your inspiring words Richard, I'll be sure to keep it up, just you wait and see ...
  #4   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 05:25 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Sounds good Marco! Hope you have some money saved up to buy new clothes this summer! It's a good bet that you will end up finding them to tight to get into.
Did you have any changes to your chest measurement?
  #5   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 01:00 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
Sounds good Marco! Hope you have some money saved up to buy new clothes this summer! It's a good bet that you will end up finding them to tight to get into.
Did you have any changes to your chest measurement?
I hope so! I have no problem buying cloths if i have to, so i better make sure i have to! ;0) besides, my collection of etire is looking rather dull these days.

Yeah i musta missed the chect messurement off the listing for some reason, anyway, it went from 36.5 to 39". The chest area is feeling a lot more snug in t-shits these days ;0)

Thanks for your post,

Marc
  #6   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:15 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
nice job bro, keeping increasing your caloric intake for continued mass gains.
  #7   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:54 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffdoc
nice job bro, keeping increasing your caloric intake for continued mass gains.
Hi Buffdoc,

I will do. The next 6 week program starts tomorrow (phase 2) and i'm really excited. I'm going to stick with the diet to the letter this time, and we'll see what happens. I have made some major changes to the new exercise plan, so hopefully I can gain more lean muscle mass this time around.

Thanks again,

Marc
  #8   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2005, 09:46 AM
On route to freakdom

Mini Update

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi all,[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Just thought I?d post a mini update. I'm about 3 weeks through the 2nd 6 week phase, and will update my progress once completed with the photos and body states.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Anyway, Things are going well, weight is now 145lbs, and I?m lifting heavier weights now. I have also learnt the major importance of good form. Before, I was lifting heavier and heavier weights and this was because not only was I getting stronger but also because other muscle groups were taking over on what should have been specific muscle exercises. I have found that with correct form, I now really really feel it and get a much better pump when performing exercises such as the triceps pushdowns. So hopefully sorting these issues out early on will help the growth process.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Physically, I have noticed my traps separating and creating their own bulge under shirts. And arguably the biggest change is that my inner thighs are beginning to touch, which is a really weird feeling! Especially walking around in a shirt and trousers at work! A nice feeling though! :0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Anyway, more to come :0) ill send another update in three weeks once the phase is over.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks for reading![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Marc[/color]
  #9   Add to thufirhawat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
(Lower) muscle lover

thufirhawat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thufirhawat Send a message via AIM to thufirhawat Send a message via MSN to thufirhawat Send a message via Yahoo to thufirhawat Send a message via Skype™ to thufirhawat
You are very cute, and your body is already good-looking ! Keep it up ! ^^
  #10   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Doobs67

great

awesome! looking good! Keep it up!
  #11   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
On route to freakdom

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it :0) Im beginning to get looks in the gym which is motivating!

Anyways, i'll post properly in three weeks time after the next test. Thanks for your motivating comments, ill be sure to push a little harder in the gym ;0)

Marc
  #12   Add to jco2007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:49 AM
ocj

jco2007 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to jco2007
Marco
Your post is very down-to-earth. Your starting point is a good one, and you are monitoring your progress carefully, and have a sound plan - sounds pretty sensible to me. Just stick with it, and you'll be glad that you did.

Thanks for your post.
  #13   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
On route to freakdom

Cheers jco2007,

Yeah, I'm trying to keep my goals realistic, i mean obviously I'd love to gain as much muscle as possible, and will strive for it, but at the same time I know its not going to happen over night, so i'm just setting small goals per 6 weeks, like 7lbs of lean mass, since thats what i gained in the first 6 week phase. But i also realize thats the gains will not be consistent, thus ill aim for 7lbs per phase and whether i make it or not, I'm just enjoying the ride and seeing the small changes happen and build up. If nothing else i'm more healthier than i've ever been and my strength has increased substantually, and is increasing radically, so that alone is a good reason to carry on indefinitely, and what with the side effect of becoming a muscle freak, well i'll just have to deal with it as the transformation increases pase ;0)

Thanks for your post,

Marc
  #14   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:08 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
damn...

and one fine-looking muscle freak you're gunna be too....
  #15   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:32 AM
On route to freakdom

Thanks Ether :0)

Todays workout went very well, (Leg Day) - managed to do a leg press with 340lbs, and a squat with my own body weight at 65Kg. I'm up to 80kg on the calf raise, all of which carried out with 8 reps per set, and three sets. Physically the body is definitely changing shape, and im currently making changes to my diet as I believe that if actioned correctly it will speed up the process.

I have cardio day tomorrow and then back to chest and triceps on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what the final results of phase 2 are in two and a bit weeks time.

Anyway, thanks again :0)

Marc
  #16   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:08 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to chime in

Hey Marco!

Just wanted to say that you're doing great! From your first few stats, it's apparent that you know what to do (and if not, you're getting there). One thing that stuck out to me was that even though your weight went up, your BF% went down. 7lbs of lean mass per 6 weeks is an admirable goal, but don't get discouraged if you only make 6.8 lbs because right around the corner you could put on 9,10 or even 11 pounds. In the end it's really what you want.

One thing I did want to also comment on is your overall attitude, it's great! It's always good to have more people on the board that provide positive posts. Your an oustanding chap!

Keep up the awesome work guy! It won't be long before you're HUGE! (You're already doing a smashing job!)

Scott
  #17   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:12 AM
On route to freakdom

[color=white]Hi Scott,[/color]

[color=white]Thanks for you comment :0)[/color]

[color=white]As for the knowing what to do; just like any new area of knowledge, I know I have only just touched the surface of the wealth of information there is on this area. I have done a fair bit of research, and still continue to learn more about it. In many ways, it?s just like researching some good references for a dissertation or thesis. Kinda like wading through the crap until you find scientific or creatable information which is referenced appropriately. Also by doing this, you soon find a correlation where the same info or points are made time and time again, thus the points that keep coming up must be valid. Anyway, don?t know why I just said that, since being a student yourself, you?d only be too aware of that.[/color]

[color=white]I?ve also spoken to a lot of people both on the internet and in real life, obtaining such information as; what exercise are most effective, what supplements work and don?t work, how to perform exercises in correct form, what foods to eat, what quantities and at what times (to mention but a few of the many questions and topics). If I?m to make a real concerted effort to really achieve this, I need as much info as I can get. Ideally I would like a personal trainer to actually spur me on the gym and make sure I never perform exercises in bad form, but I simply can?t afford that at present, so for now at least I have to keep positive, and give it my all in the gym each day. I?m still learning?[/color]

[color=white]Yeah, I know 7lbs per 6 weeks is somewhat ambitious, but I will strive for it, and if I don?t make then ill still keep going and see what happens. I know gaining wait is not going to be consistent, and like you say, failing the 7lbs one 6 week period, might be compensated in the next period by 8, 9, or more lbs. [/color]

[color=black][color=white]>One thing I did want to also comment on is your overall attitude, [/color][/color][color=black][color=white]it's great! It's always good to have more people on the board that provide positive posts. Your an outstanding chap![/color][/color]

[color=black][color=white][/color][/color][color=black][color=white]Thanks Scott! I really appreciate it :0) I am a positive outlook on life most the time, obviously we all have our share of ups and downs, but at the end of the day you just have to look at that glass and say its half full![/color][/color][color=black][color=white][/color][/color][color=black][color=white][/color][/color]

[color=black][color=white]>Keep up the awesome work guy! It won't be long before you're HUGE! [/color][/color][color=black][color=white](You're already doing a smashing job!)[/color][/color]

[color=black][color=white][/color][/color][color=black][color=white]Yeah, I can?t wait to see what I can achieve by the time summer comes, let alone by the end of the year![/color][/color]

[color=black][color=white][/color][/color][color=black][color=white]Thanks again :0)[/color][/color]

[color=black][color=white][/color][/color][color=black][color=white]Marc[/color][/color]

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; January 31st, 2005 at 03:18 AM.
  #18   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:00 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
dear mr.ukmus,...

i meant to post this when i first saw your pix.you are genetically blessed with a very PRETTY body;&good top-to-bottom balance.try not to lose it.right now,absorbing everything&trying everything makes perfectly good sense.(i'm 53&STILL learning stuff!)eventually,you'll get a sense of what works for YOUR body&you'll be well on your way!looking forward to your inevitable progress!g.
  #19   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
i meant to post this when i first saw your pix.you are genetically blessed with a very PRETTY body;&good top-to-bottom balance.try not to lose it.right now,absorbing everything&trying everything makes perfectly good sense.(i'm 53&STILL learning stuff!)eventually,you'll get a sense of what works for YOUR body&you'll be well on your way!looking forward to your inevitable progress!g.
Thanks Glammaman

Never thought i'd get this much attention! And those pics arn't even that great...

I'm going to try and keep a good ratio. At the moment i'm not concerning myself with it, just concentrating on putting my all into each day. I think if i notice any un-desirable difference in proportion then ill deal with it then. Having the upper arms, and for that matter, the chest slightly dis-proportional for instance, would not worry me, infact, I think that would look great. Mind you, i won't know until the "dis-proportion" happens... I guess its like sculpting, just have to work on it bit by bit until you end up with what you think looks great.

Anyway, thanks for your post!

Marc
P.S. I'd sure like to think its inevitable
  #20   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:20 PM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Having the upper arms, and for that matter, the chest slightly dis-proportional for instance, would not worry me, infact, I think that would look great.
I couldn't help but laugh when I read this... just because I can't help but agree so very much.

It's like I say way too often on here.... one of those problems that you'd like to have!
  #21   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:52 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
I couldn't help but laugh when I read this... just because I can't help but agree so very much.

It's like I say way too often on here.... one of those problems that you'd like to have!
[color=silver]Hehe![/color]
[color=#c0c0c0][/color]
[color=silver]Yeah I think I might actively aim for the slightly disproportionate look, with the upper chest, shoulders and arms slightly bigger. I know what a lot people mean when they talk about the negative disproportionate look, which is usually referred to as people whom workout their upper body but neglect to do anything, or very little with their lower body. The thing is, for me personally, I don?t think that will be a problem, since I have walked to and from School, College and recently University for years, walking several miles either way. When I was in high school I was the second fastest runner in our year. Our PE teacher/coach always wanted me to play in the school team, but frankly at the time, I was not interested. On reflection, maybe I should have joined, but hey you can?t change the past.[/color]
[color=#c0c0c0][/color]
[color=silver]On the other hand I also know why people like the powerful disproportionate look of the huge V to lower body ration, and with that, the huge disproportionate look of the huge arms and chest. When I was in L.A. not so long ago walking down muscle beach, there where quite a few people with that type of look going on. I must say I do find that look rather appealing as something I?d like to have. We?ll just have to wait and see how my body changes?[/color]
[color=#c0c0c0][/color]
[color=silver]Like you say Ether, there are quite a few problems one would like to have or experience?[/color]

[color=#c0c0c0]Marc[/color]
  #22   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:17 AM

ethernet_jock
yep.... things like that to complain about aren't so bad. :P

The type of disproportion I DON'T like to see or wouldn't want to have however is where you see all these guys that are basically bench queens. Huge beautiful chests with outstanding pecs and 12" biceps, and no shoulders or back to go with them.

I've seen them the other way too - with the arms and nothing else. That's negative disproportion in any light, IMHO.

#23   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:52 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Another thing I don't like, personally, is all upper body, and no lower body.
  #24   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:39 AM
On route to freakdom

[color=white]Hi all that read this thread ;0)[/color]

[color=white]Ok, I know I promised an update every 6 weeks, but the biotest machine that measures my actual composition is currently being re-calibrated. It?s been about 7 or 8 weeks since the second phase begin. Having reached the end, I think I have made some achievements, in fact, I know I have! - both physically and mentally having learnt a great deal more able the whole thing.[/color]
[color=#ffffff][/color]
[color=white]On the physical front, I have gained some size, but I won?t bore thy reader with the details now since its best left until I have the full test and then I will be able to present this phases results in full. Meanwhile, I have uploaded one picture as follows as a kind a sneak preview.[/color]
[color=#ffffff][/color]
[color=white]I?m now looking to enhance my training time, and really focus on diet, nutrition and training perhaps to failure? more on this to come, so stay tuned if your interested [/color]
[color=white] [/color]
[color=white]Marc[/color]
  #25   Add to bgray20041986's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM

bgray20041986 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to bgray20041986
working hard

Even though your newest pic is not a full body shot, you can tell from your neck and shoulders that you have had some serious growth in the last 7 weeks. Keep up the good work. Your making me jealous
  #26   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:12 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Definetly growth going on in the UK!

Hey Marc,

Wow, even without stats you can tell from that pic you've grown! I think the one thing people never realize that diet and rest are what really matter. When you think about it you may spend an hour or two in the gym a day.. that's around 4-8% of your entire day. Whereas as you spend more time eating/resting each day. So it's better to train smart and hard versus just hard

I can't wait to see the results of your biotest, but I'm sure they'll be in line with what you're anticipating Won't be long before you're the biggest guy on the board!

Scott
  #27   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:34 AM
On route to freakdom

Thanks guys!

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi guys, thanks for your comments :0) I was not expecting anything quite so soon since I?ve only posted a sneak preview? not that I?m complaining of course hehe [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgray20041986
Even though your newest pic is not a full body shot, you can tell from your neck and shoulders that you have had some serious growth in the last 7 weeks. Keep up the good work. Your making me jealous
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks bgray! Yeah, not to give too much away, my neck and shoulders have indeed grown since my last update. Thanks for your post :0) and keep pumping those muscles yourself too! :0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
Hey Marc,[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Wow, even without stats you can tell from that pic you've grown! I think the one thing people never realize that diet and rest are what really matter. When you think about it you may spend an hour or two in the gym a day.. that's around 4-8% of your entire day. Whereas as you spend more time eating/resting each day. So it's better to train smart and hard versus just hard[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I can't wait to see the results of your biotest, but I'm sure they'll be in line with what you're anticipating Won't be long before you're the biggest guy on the board![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Scott
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi Scott! Yeah I completely agree there. That?s one of my main discoveries I?ve learnt; sure pumping real hard is important, no one can dispute that, but unless one feeds the body adequately with an ample dose of good old sleep and rest, one will find it much harder to get the body one desires so badly. Another one is (I know you know this Scott, but just writing here for those whom don?t) using the right weights for a given exercise. Now I know this may seem obvious but I?m sure there are a lot of people in my gym whom don?t. I know this is one area that I?m still having to adjust and become used to. Like they say, there?s no point in using a weight that does not actually work the muscle into a state where sufficient micro tears are occurring. Note that I did not use the word ?light?. The reason for this is that the right weight for any given exercise varies depending on what ones current state is, both in strength and in muscle mass. I believe that if I get a good pump as a result of the weight I?m using and I really feel it afterwards when moving on to the next exercise, and for that matter, throughout the rest of day and possibly even the day after, then I?ve worked it satisfactorily. Now, obviously one should not do this to the point were it hurts real bad and you can?t even move the particular body part in question, but I believe there is such thing as good pain and bad pain. I think over time, one learns how to correctly identify and distinguish between them. I?ll elaborate more on this when I have the results and finished of my phase two collage. Glad to hear your eager to see the now results :0) I am too! I am still yet to have the test, but thankfully I don?t have to wait very longer as the machine is now back an my appointment booked! So should be an update very soon. Yeah, I think I?ve made this phases target ;0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]>> Won't be long before you're the biggest guy on the board![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Hehe, yeah right! :0) I think I have a long way before I get to your level, let alone beyond that? Not that I?m not aiming for really big mass? Here?s the sue do code of the formula for how much muscle I want?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]While not enoughmuscle[/color]
NewDay()
[color=#c6cdf3]Sufficient_Nutrition = Absorb(getFood, getSupplements)[/color][color=#c6cdf3]Sufficient_Microtears = DoExercise[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]Sufficient_Sleep = DoRecover[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]If Sufficient_Microtears = true AND Sufficient_Nutrition = true AND Sufficient_Sleep = true then[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]If Muscle_Mass < InDanger_of_Immobility then[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]Muscle_Mass += 1[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]If testWeightUsed(WeightUsed, Muscle_Mass) AND Sufficient_Microtears = true then[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]Muscle_strength += 1[/color]

WeightUsed += 1

[color=#c6cdf3]End if[/color]
end if
[color=#c6cdf3]Else[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]Enoughmuscle = true[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]End if[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]End while[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Yeah, I know what your thinking? SAD! Ah well! I?ll post more formally soon. Thanks again for your posts Scott :0).[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Marc [/color]

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; February 21st, 2005 at 05:42 AM.
  #28   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:12 AM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
good job!

that head shot is very tantilizing. it's clear you've put on quite a bit of size. it's such a tease to keep us waiting! [in a good sort of way.] keep up the good work. it takes a lot of dedication to keep at it. i'm sure that seeing these results has super charged your motivation.

i've mentioned before on this board that i'm really interested in guys with pecs or arms or legs that are developed out of proportion to the rest of their physiques. so, if you're inclined to do that, i'd say "go for it"...but with this little bit of advice: make sure you've got your entire physique up to a level that you feel good about. you should feel proud of everything. the overdeveloped muscle group is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. and besides, it's really hot to see a great bod with amazing pecs or arms that are even more developed than the rest of the body.

one of the things i like about your posts, aside from the pics of your progress, is both your enthusiasm and the telling details of your growth, how your body feels different, fits different, etc.

congrats and keep it up!
  #29   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2005, 07:11 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi all,

Well as promised, although a bit late, here is this phases update. The image attached is a collection of pics from various moments taken in the last week. Some of show me at work in my gym. As for the last two pics, they are part of a movie I took which shows me simply stretching but I was quite surprised how well i looked in it with a pump going on... Having said that, I'm sorry about the quality of those taken in the gym. Being that i did not want anyone to know i was doing it, I did not exactly have a lot of time to set it up :0) Still I think it gives the general idea.

Ok, I'll post this phases results and experiences in a while.

Thanks for watching,

Marc
  #30   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2005, 07:58 AM
On route to freakdom

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi all, [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Here is this phases info?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]******************* BIOTEST Results & Comparison *******************[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Lets start by looking at what?s been achieved with a comparison of biotest results from the previous phase.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Here are the results from the previous phase?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Weight: 141lbs, biceps 13.25" (flexed) 11.5? Cold, lower arm 10.8", waist 30", thighs 21.5", calfs 15", :::: FAT 12.8% (8.1Kg), Lean 87.2 % (55.2kg), Metabolic rate (rest) = 1718kcal, working rate 2749kcal. Water 62.9% (39.8ltr)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]My new statistics are?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Weight: 142.2lbs, biceps 13.5? (flexed) 12.25? cold, lower arm 11.3?, waist 29.5?, thighs 22?, calfs 15?, Neck 14? :::: FAT 13.9% (9.1kg), Lean 86.1% (56.4kg), Metabolic rate (rest) = 1751Kcal, Working 2627Kcal. Water 61.8% (40.5ltr)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]This phase has been a bit of a mixed bag. My weight during phase 2 peaked at 145lbs, although I?m sure that was due to some fat. On the negative side, in comparison with phase 1, I have gained 1.1% more fat weight than before. Obviously this can be rectified by an increase in cardio, but then again, since this is bulking phase, it does not really matter. Based on the first phase where I gained a very good 7.27lbs of lean muscle, I thought I?d aim for it again, and see if I could not get myself at least another 7lbs. Unfortunately, I only made a gain of 2.65lbs. To date this brings my total up to 9.92lbs in 6 months. Now I know some people say that in a year they only put on say between 20-25lbs, so maybe this is not too bad for someone doing it 100% naturally. In a way I am of course naturally disappointed with this phases result, having said that, I am now even more determined to force my body to grow in phase 3. It also important to note that this may also reflect what they say about easy first gains. I believe that since my body was not used to hard lifting and training, it adapted and gained muscle, in phase 2, since my body has adapted somewhat, although i was using heavier weights, the change was less impacting, thus if one wants to consistenly gain more mass, one must constantly impact the muscles so they have to keep adapting. This is some thing i have learned as a results in this phase (phase 2) and will compensate greatly for in phase 3.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]******************* Other improvements? *******************[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Its weird, although I have not gained a lot of lean weight this phase, my muscle have still grown bigger. And I look more muscular compared to the previous phase, as well as, having much much firmer body parts! On that note, my bum feels really firm now which I did not expect to happen? [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Other positives are the constant increase in strength. In phase one I was only bench pressing 20Kg, that?s it! Now obviously in order for me to count it as being able to lift it well, I must perform just 3 sets of 8. Now I can bench 40Kg with out too much problem, so in phase three I hope to go up to 60kg at least. With regard to my exercises generally, all my exercises have improved. I now before a leg press (3x8) at 300lbs, and a pec deck (resistance training machine) at 155lbs, so the strength is definitely improving along with a firmer body and bigger muscles. Taking in to consideration that I have only gained 2.65lbs this phase, but managed to still put on size to my frame and improve strength, I can only assume that although that weight and size do generally go hand in hand, that perhaps my muscle have gone through some kind of conditioning where by the mass I have got has some how become more efficient at moving weights.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]******************* Attention and Clothing *******************[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I was really happy yesterday as I was at the gym doing my usual Friday routine, and this guy complemented me about the way I looked, he said ?Your looking good?, which was said in a really positive meaning full way. This is like the first complement I have had in real life, face to face with someone, so I am really pleased! This means other people are now beginning to notice. I mean obviously those whom see this thread have complemented me, and its really motivating, but it somehow means a lot more when you have the person whom gives the complement in front of you? I?m sure you know what I mean? So I?m definitely looking forward to more of that I can tell you! :0) and what with summer coming, it should be great![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]As far as clothing is concerned, all my work shirts are now feeling a lot tighter especially around the shoulders, top back and pec area. Tea shirts are all feeling the strain in the same areas. As I mentioned before, even in the trouser department (Pants for the Americans), what with the thighs beginning to touch in the middle, the feeling when walking or moving generally for that matter takes some getting used to. A good feeling though all the same :0) [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]******************* Phase 3 *******************[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Ok, well that just about wraps up this update, that?s if your still reading of course ;0) Since phase one was really me getting into this BB thing hard? a kind of introduction, phase 2 was much more serious with the introduced of a strict diet, and hard weight training regime. Phase 3 will introduce the work until failure approach as well as more pyramiding (introduced in phase 2). As well as the obvious increase in weights and careful attention to correct form, phase 3 will introduce new supplements which hopefully will aid good muscle growth for this phase. Based on my current calculations I believe its not unreasonably to have gained 165~lbs by the end of the year. Obviously my immediate goal is 180lbs, and my long term goal 200+. [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Phase 3 will be much longer than the previous two, and therefore you won?t see another major update or photos for another 8 weeks.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks for watching,[/color]

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; February 26th, 2005 at 08:03 AM.
  #31   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2005, 09:36 AM

glammaman2000
yikes,Marco!

you had a great start,but EVERYTHING has obviously improved,especially your back&thighs!(try keeping your shoulders DOWN in double-bi pics in the future)it's going to be a whole new world for you by this summer!hope you're ready for it!
  #32   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:41 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
In a way I am of course naturally disappointed with this phases result,
You have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes you grow like a weed, sometimes you can't seem to budge the scales for a month. You just have to stay with it, and get through the slow stage, to get to the next growth spurt. You are making good progress, and should be very proud (or apparently, it's "chuffed" in the UK). I like the way you are measuring your results regularly; I feel that by monitoring your progress closely, you can make changes when needed.

Good luck for phase 3!
  #33   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:48 AM
The Beast Master

otkuman2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
Wow...Big Improvement...Keep it up... You'll definitely be bigger in Phase 3...with the rate your going!
  #34   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2005, 03:26 PM
On route to freakdom

Thanks for your comments guys :0)

Hi All,

Since I love hearing the feedback from you guys, good or bad, and since you took the time to write me a comment, i will answer each of yours respectively as follows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseyedee
that head shot is very tantilizing. it's clear you've put on quite a bit of size. it's such a tease to keep us waiting! [in a good sort of way.] keep up the good work. it takes a lot of dedication to keep at it. i'm sure that seeing these results has super charged your motivation.

i've mentioned before on this board that i'm really interested in guys with pecs or arms or legs that are developed out of proportion to the rest of their physiques. so, if you're inclined to do that, i'd say "go for it"...but with this little bit of advice: make sure you've got your entire physique up to a level that you feel good about. you should feel proud of everything. the overdeveloped muscle group is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. and besides, it's really hot to see a great bod with amazing pecs or arms that are even more developed than the rest of the body.

one of the things i like about your posts, aside from the pics of your progress, is both your enthusiasm and the telling details of your growth, how your body feels different, fits different, etc.

congrats and keep it up!
Thanks! :0) Hehe, yeah I thought i'd post something just to give a sneak preview just until i had the test and the time to post properly. I am definetly going for a slight disproportionate look. it will probably be with the arms and chest, but like you say, i need to get the entire body up to a good beefy look first before i bother with that.

Yeah, I am posting in this way for two reasons, firstly as a second BB log for myself, and secondly so that new people like myself have a "Free" log that they can look through and hopefully have many of their questions answered through my journey. I think its important to be concise and factual with regard to figures and sizes, and to inform to the best of my ability how it feels and what the experience is like as im going through it. Should hopefully make for an interesting read...

I am a enthusiastic person by nature. Most people think im on happy pills all the time, but its just the way i am. :0) I believe passionetly that life is what you make of it. Hence, if you want some thing bad enough, and work hard enough, one can and will achieve anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
you had a great start,but EVERYTHING has obviously improved,especially your back&thighs!(try keeping your shoulders DOWN in double-bi pics in the future)it's going to be a whole new world for you by this summer!hope you're ready for it!
Hi Glam, Thanks for your comments. Yeah I got to sort my posing routine out for the future... thanks for the tip I think phase 3 really is going to be big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
You have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes you grow like a weed, sometimes you can't seem to budge the scales for a month. You just have to stay with it, and get through the slow stage, to get to the next growth spurt. You are making good progress, and should be very proud (or apparently, it's "chuffed" in the UK). I like the way you are measuring your results regularly; I feel that by monitoring your progress closely, you can make changes when needed.

Good luck for phase 3!
I am "chuffed" ;0) with my growth in terms of size and look. Just kinda hoped I would add some more mass in terms of weight. I know it will come, I'm just a little impatient, like we all are... Yep, my measurments are logged and monitored very closely so that, like you say, one can change the direction, weights, diet, or anything else for that matter if need be. Mind you, a lot of the time i just am very excited to see what i have achieved between measurements and logging :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otkuman2003
Wow...Big Improvement...Keep it up... You'll definitely be bigger in Phase 3...with the rate your going!
Hi otkuman! Thanks man! Yeah I've had the introduction (phase 1) and the intro of the serious diet and routine (phase 2), now phase 3 is the business. 8 weeks of solid hard routine. Possibly might start going twice a day to the gym, but im not sure. I definetly won't do more days since i need the growing time durring rest and sleep. We'll just have to see :0)

One thing that is a bit freaky is the intense array of veins popping up every where. My arms are really veiny now and thats even when i'm not lifting. Obviously when i'm lifting and have a pump on its much much worse... I'm not really a big fan of veins popping out of every where, but i guess ill just have to get used to it.

--

Thank guys for your feedback. Your comments are very encouraging and motivating :0)

Marc
  #35   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2005, 01:04 PM

ethernet_jock
well.... not to pile on the load of compliments... but I have to weigh in a little with you bro... you're growing at an absolutely awesome rate and your commitment to the exercise and diet plan is nothing short of astounding.

Keep this up for another 3 or 4 years and you could write a book on the right way to do it all! Seriously, watching you grow has been amazing thus far. Keep it up!!!!

Can you detail for us a little more what exactly your "supplement" set includes?

Thanks!!!

*cough* little ripped hot english boy *chortle*

who said that?

*looks around*
  #36   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2005, 01:23 PM
On route to freakdom

10lbs of lean muscle mass for ?258.34 anyone?

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
well.... not to pile on the load of compliments... but I have to weigh in a little with you bro... you're growing at an absolutely awesome rate and your commitment to the exercise and diet plan is nothing short of astounding.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Keep this up for another 3 or 4 years and you could write a book on the right way to do it all! Seriously, watching you grow has been amazing thus far. Keep it up!!!![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Can you detail for us a little more what exactly your "supplement" set includes?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks!!![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]*cough* little ripped hot english boy *chortle*[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]who said that?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]*looks around*
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi Ether! Hehe, thanks for your comments man. Very motivating :0) Not sure that agree with you about growing at an awesome rate. If you ask me, its not fast enough ;0) I think 15lbs every week might be alright. Then again, maybe 30lbs ;0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Don?t worry I think I?ll be here for a while yet boring you guys to death with my posts, oh and growing absolutely huge at the same time of course [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I?m glad your enjoying the show so far :0) I think phase 3 results will really start to show me looking like a body builder. At the moment, I just regard my look as simply fit, but not really a body builder. I guess it just comes down to what ones own vision of a body builder is.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3](DISCLAMER for Ether and Others ? Just so you know in advance, I?m sure you know most the info in the following part of this post, but I?m still writing it just for the record and for those that don?t, so please don?t take it as me being patronizing. I?m just sharing what I know :0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Anyway, in answer to your question; I started using supplements towards the mid ?end of the first phase. I started with the usual whey protein and creatine, although I did not always take the stuff at the correct times, still I did end up adding 7lbs so who cares! :0) It was in phase 2 once I had learned a lot more about the whole thing that I really starting taking supplements more seriously. I discovered through other peoples experience that the use of L-Glutamate was important to help aid quick recovery as well as help repair muscle tissue and volumize muscle cells ready for another beating at the gym. Obviously it?s the role of Creatine to volumize the muscles, which of course means some water retention. But although a hell of a lot of people thrown on this, you actually gain from having that actual water retention there, I?m not talking about size, although obviously this is a minor side effect, but by having more water in the muscles it some how help the flow of nutrients into the muscle and thus aids the muscle growth process (I?m not sure on the exact science). Also, because I don?t have a personal trainer, nor a gym buddy to push me those extra reps, I wanted get something that I could use to push myself, thus I started taking Tribulus. Some people say that this stuff boosts your libido, however I can?t say I have been, lets just say, enjoying myself more as a result of taking it. Still I think I have pushed myself a bit more. To be honest it?s hard to pin point the results of any of any of these phases on any particular products or combination thereof.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I have attached a spending chart below to give you an idea of how much this transformation is costing thus far, which you may find interesting. So far I have spent ?258.34 for 10lbs of lean muscle (so far) in 6 months on this venture. Obviously this does not include gym member ship or any of the other hidden costs. Personally, I can?t put a price on this or limit (within reason) since this in my eyes is a worth while investment.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I must say I think the NLarge 2 product rocks, but at ?27.99 a tub, I think it?s over priced. Now obviously there is no point you guys converting any of the prices from the spending info below into Dollars or any other currency for that matter, since all of you will be able to buy it cheaper in your own countries, being that we have practically the most expensive stupid economy in the world. Most these products are made in the USA and therefore obviously we pay the cost in the products for importation, but still, it gives you an idea of the speeding thus far.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Ok, moving on to phase 3 supplements; This time I have gone for home grown protein! Yippy! Is it cheaper?. NO! doh! Ah well. So why go for it You ask? Well the new whey protein made in Scotland (Instant Mass by Reflex) is made from something known as activated Barley and Organic Oats which basically gives you great protein per serving (52g) but some how making it such that it helps keeps fat transfer to a low. There are a ton of other reasons but I suggest reading the website info ([color=#0000ff]www.relex-nutrition.com[/color]).[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]To go with this, another thing I discovered was that apparently most healthy people don?t get enough omega 3,6 and 9 in their diets. These EFA (essential fatty acids) help produce hormones and cells, to just about everything, and the body does not make them naturally, so one has to acquire this through ones diet. Thus a bottle of Udo?s Choice ?Ultimate oil blend? has been brought on board for phase 3 which will give me the right balance of omega 3,6, and 9 and hopefully aid the muscle growth process no end :0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I?m constantly tweaking my diet and exercise routines, After all, I need to find out how my body best responds to these things, like finding the winning formula. I only assume that logically since we are all different, have different genetic makeup?s, metabolisms and so forth, that the winning formula (if I ever find it) will be different for everyone. Hence what works for one person may not necessarily be right for another. Having said this, there are basic, no brainier, common sense things like cutting the shit out of ones diet, not to the point where you never had naughty stuff, but cut it down such that you have say a treat now and then. Also making sure you eat a stable diet that will give you everything your muscles need to grow. (Jesus! I sound like I know what I?m talking about? don?t worry, the post is ending soon ;0) ) Also feeding the body little and often, eating 6 small meals a day, and making sure your eating enough protein, its all critical to gaining mass. The omegas supplement I?m sure will help since I think I was missing, or at least not getting enough of it in my diet before hand.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Ok, I think I?ve typed enough, best get on with some home work, :0) Anyway, thanks a lot for your two cents Ether I really appreciate it :0)[/color]

#37   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2005, 04:34 PM

glammaman2000
Affordable...

...is part of the equation,too!(kinda like,avoiding injuries;not just sets,reps,poundage)when i was training for GayGames '94, was spending $150 per week on supplements.Not sustainable.I'm afraid brands DO make a difference;if you find ones you trust,you may find that other brands with the same ingredients don't have the same effect.It is good to try supplements one-at-a-time;otherwise you don't know what is having an effect.If the supplement is not correcting some deficiency;you'll just piss the excess away.
  #38   Add to jco2007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2005, 04:34 AM
ocj

jco2007 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to jco2007
A good read

Hey Marc
First thanks for your photos and your detailed analysis.

The photos of you sitting down in the gym were impressive, you’re turning into a bit of a beast.

There’s a lot to be learned from your observations (I read the post). Keep up the analysis, and reviews. I’m injured myself, but still train around the injuries and do discover stuff, its fun to chance upon something that works for you. Yeah, I agree with you, you have to mix things up to keep the gaining momentum going.

As far as supplements go, if you feel you have optimised on all other factors of your training such as nutrition, rest and training, then experimenting with supplements makes sense. If you haven’t it might be an idea to tighten-up on those aspects you feel the need to be more rigorous with to see if you can still make gains without supplements.

Cheers mate, carry-on.
  #39   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:06 AM

ethernet_jock
Marc! Thank yoU!

Actually I didn't feel condescended upon at all. I've done a lot of personal research into supplements but I stopped really looking into it when I discovered just how costly the specialist types are. It's good to know and understand that there is a blend out there that actually works quite well - and you're a perfect example. That's why I asked, I wanted to know and I wanted to know what it really cost to do it right.... both in time and money.

I know I've said this before on here, but I'm sure that if I was single and looking for a hot boy/girl to be with - I'd be doing everything I could to get my body on the hot list.... and $250 or so worth of sups. would seem cheap for that goal.

As it is today, when I think of $250 over 2-3 months I think of diapers, food, clothes, gas in my car, utility bills, etc...... and I can't think of spending it on stuff to go in my mouth that MIGHT help me grow more muscle. I wish I could! But we all make our choices, right? So instead it's a large protein shake and some extra protein-rich foods on the days that I workout... and not much else. It seems to help but probably only on a 50% ratio to how much your diet helps.

I think the #1 thing that impresses me about you so much is that you've done all of this work and spent all this money so that you can avoid falling in the heavy steroid trap. And you're living proof that it DOES work... and quite well!! Dude, I'm serious, you may not see it.... but you're looking REALLY hot. You've obviously made this a huge part of your every day/all day lifestyle and that's why it's working well for you. Don't stop!!!

You kick ass man, and I mean it!
  #40   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
On route to freakdom

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi guys! Lots of exciting new posts? :0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Ok, here my responses [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco2007
Hey Marc[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]First thanks for your photos and your detailed analysis.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]The photos of you sitting down in the gym were impressive, you?re turning into a bit of a beast.
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks jco2007! Yeah I think I may look a bit more like a BB when I have a pump on, as what I look like in the movie. If I had somewhere to post the movie I would, mind you, if anyone wants a copy, just hit me up! It?s only me stretching though, not exactly the most exciting thing in the world. Phase 3?s post will have a lot more from the gym ;0)[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]?There?s a lot to be learned from your observations (I read the post). Keep up the analysis, and reviews.
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I?m glad your gaining some thing through my experience :0) I mean obviously I?m working out to get big for myself but I write such in depth posts for two main reasons a) to get feedback from others and hopefully pointers on things that will help me grow and b) to share my experiences for those that are interested, want to get big them selves or just looking to read up other peoples experiences. A and b are kind of linked, because by writing such in depth posts people can better examine and therefore make better suggestions.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I?m injured myself, but still train around the injuries and do discover stuff, its fun to chance upon something that works for you. Yeah, I agree with you, you have to mix things up to keep the gaining momentum going.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]As far as supplements go, if you feel you have optimised on all other factors of your training such as nutrition, rest and training, then experimenting with supplements makes sense. If you haven?t it might be an idea to tighten-up on those aspects you feel the need to be more rigorous with to see if you can still make gains without supplements.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Cheers mate, carry-on.
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]As far as the supplements are concerned, I think they are an important factor that needs to be added. However, what would be interesting to have known is would I have gained the 10lbs that I have managed to grow in 6 months without any supplementation at all? Obviously I could stop taking all supplements now and progress the next phase without any, but I don?t think that would be a fair test since that first phase was when my muscles weren?t used to the intensity I put them through thus maybe a lot of it was just simply easy first gains? who knows. Being that I?m a perfectionist, I don?t think ill ever be content with the diet and exercise regime. I can?t help thinking that I could be doing more to help make me grow faster. Thus, since for now at least I have gained muscle in the last two phases, what ever I?m doing is working to some degree. Whether what I?m doing can be tweaked and optimised remains to be seen. I personally believe it can. Hopefully phase 3 results will be very positive. I?m absolutely sure ill put on more lean muscle weight, but that?s almost irrelevant to me now? what?s more important is HOW MUCH! Phase 3 is about trying a new combination of supps, really intensifying the workouts, and tightening the diet up to the extreme. [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]As for phase 4 and beyond? I have not thought that far ahead. Usually as soon as the phase is drawing to a close I?ll be thinking of the next phases strategy. Lol, I said ?usually?, talking as if I?ve been doing this for years? [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks for your post man! And I hope your injury gets out the way soon so you can really pump hard and reach your own goals :0) [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]************************************************** **************[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
Marc! Thank yoU![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Actually I didn't feel condescended upon at all. I've done a lot of personal research into supplements but I stopped really looking into it when I discovered just how costly the specialist types are. It's good to know and understand that there is a blend out there that actually works quite well - and you're a perfect example. That's why I asked, I wanted to know and I wanted to know what it really cost to do it right.... both in time and money.
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Yeah I was thinking that when I posted this phases results that I should touch on the expense side of things as it?s a side not so often covered in a lot of articles and posts. So when you asked the question I thought I would try and answer it to be fairly informative on that angle. [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]There?s no doubt about it, regardless of which country your in, supplements are expensive for what your actually getting. That?s of course excluding steroids or any new scientific drug that will turn you into a freak in 30mins? ;0) Trust me, my spending on this stuff does not come with out some careful thought and research. Before I use any new supplement, I try and find out as much about it as possible, what others think of it, what?s in it ? I just try to find out how credible it is. That does not mean to say the stuff I?ve brought actually works or not, it just means some thought has gone into it. Like I was just commenting above for jco2007, lets just imagine we rewind time back to the beginning of the first phase, and lets say up to now that I had not taken any supplements what-so-ever? would I have still gained 10lbs of lean muscle? Could I have gained more some how? Or less? The answer of course is who knows? [/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]As far as the spending goes, you might have guessed that I don?t have kids, and I?m currently single (ADVERT: Young, intelligent, possibly good looking English guy (I?m a modest guy), becoming muscle bound monster looking for beautiful sexy lady to? ) ? and we?ll stop there lol! Anyway, back to the sentence>> and I don?t drive much since my job is within walking distance, so I don?t have a lot of out goings currently hence I can afford to spend money on this stuff. Like you say, we all make our own choices, but then I?m not a dad yet, but part of me can?t wait until I am. I think I would make a great dad. Obviously the little bastards will get on your nerves some times, as well as the mess they cause in their early lives, but I can only guess that there is much happiness as well as life fulfilling experiences to be gained from it. Note that I said part of me, hehe, the other part of me knows I?m far too young to have kids and I have to spend this time exploring the world and having fun! Ironically, I see my twenties as an extension of my teen age years only I?m a lot more grown up and sensible? ? in fact maybe I should retract the sensible word lol! ? hell we all like to have fun![/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]So instead it's a large protein shake and some extra protein-rich foods on the days that I workout... and not much else. It seems to help but probably only on a 50% ratio to how much your diet helps.
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]In many ways, I don?t think it matters, as long as you?re getting the basic protein intake and stable diet with a good ratio of workouts, you will grow. Like you say if it seems to be working then it does not matter, bottom line is your progressing, you do have other priorities in your life, we all do. Even I think I could be doing a lot more to force my muscles to grow at a faster pass. Its all relative?[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I think the #1 thing that impresses me about you so much is that you've done all of this work and spent all this money so that you can avoid falling in the heavy steroid trap. And you're living proof that it DOES work... and quite well!!
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks Ether! Yeah, I wont be using steroids, I can?t even imagine where the hell I?d get them from anyway, not to mention the costs involved. Like you say, I don?t want to take that stuff. I have gained some good muscle, but I have a lot more to gain? and a lot more to grow? :d[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]
Quote:
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Dude, I'm serious, you may not see it.... but you're looking REALLY hot. You've obviously made this a huge part of your every day/all day lifestyle and that's why it's working well for you. Don't stop!!![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]You kick ass man, and I mean it!
[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Jesus! You make made me blush with that comment! Thanks Ether! I hope you not just saying that ;0) My look from the end of phase 2 is only the work of 4 hours a week. I mean I know I look more defined, and bigger than I was, but you know when you see yourself every single day its hard to notice the changes, since the changes are very subtle, practically un-noticeable on a daily basis, thus some times its hard to take in what others say about you. Convincing ones self is perhaps harder for that reason. The only real factual thing that confirms me really ?seeing? it, is when I measure my self and find out that I have indeed GROWN![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks again Ether! You brought a really big smile to my face when I read your post today! VERY MOTIVATING! Its definitely going to make me push harder in the gym![/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Thanks again guys,[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3](Sorry for the long post)[/color]

Humm... *Looks up future competition venues for when I'm absolutely huge, Humm Denver - USA* ;0)

[color=#c6cdf3]Marc [/color]

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 2nd, 2005 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options