Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Esperanto Lives's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM

Esperanto Lives is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Esperanto Lives Send a message via MSN to Esperanto Lives
Steve Reeves stories

Why is it Steve Reeves never wrote his autobiography? I have to place funny stories about his life from other people.

While filming one of the two Hercules movies he made in Italy (Steve Reeves, contrary to popular belief, only did two Hercules movies in his entire career), Steve Reeves decided to head into town for some milk and bananas.

When he showed up, the old Italian lady behind the counter started screaming. "Oh my God, he's the Son of Zeus! You can tell by his arms! Oh my God, he's the son of Zeus!"

Suddenly a crowd started to form, and they refused to let Steve Reeves leave until he flexed a little for them.

Steve Reeves was also a part of the original 1955 cast of the musical "Kismet." Being Steve Reeves, he showed off a few exercise moves backstage. I forget what exactly the move he did was, but it was something impossibly difficult which Reeves did at least 10.

He challenged anybody to do that move even once.

Dancer Bonnie Evans, 5' and 100 pounds, came up to him and said, "I'll not only do it, but do it more than you can."

"More than 25 reps? Never!"

"I'll do 50!"

And...the incredible part is she did! Of course, Steve Reeves had to actually be a real hero for a change and scoop Bonnie up to take her to the hospital, but the very next day, Bonnie Evans was at work doing the peppy Ababu dance numbers.

Supposedly, Steve Reeves watched her the whole time, now a big-time Bonnie Evans fan.

"I don't mind living in a man's world...as long as I can be a woman in it."
- Marylin Monroe

http://musclegrowthlovinfemme.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
Yeah, I'll bet his biography could be very interesting.
  #3   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I have a friend who knew Reeves back in the fifties in L.A. He says when he walked down a sidewalk, traffic would literally stop, he was so handsome. My friend saw it happen more than once.
  #4   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I have a friend who knew Reeves back in the fifties in L.A. He says when he walked down a sidewalk, traffic would literally stop, he was so handsome. My friend saw it happen more than once.
I have read that before. Now, if he had the ability to stop traffic, Steve must have been one awesome-looking individual. But I'm sure the same thing happens today when someone as incredible-looking as Mike O'Hearn walks down the street.
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
I met Steve Reeves once...

in the mid 1990s. He was selling copies of his Hercules movies and signing them (for a fee) at a bodybuilding show I attended in Virginia.

He must have been in his late 60s to early 70s even then, but he was still handsome. He had a full, thick head of hair, great smile and awesome body. His wide shoulders, trim waist and brawny arms were apparent even as he was sitting down at a table signing autographs! He spent time talking to everyone in line. He mostly smiled a lot, would say a few words, the person on the other side of the table would babble on about how they had seen his Hercules movies and had never forgotten them, and they were inspired by him...he would smile some more, the woman running the booth would wave the next person on, Steve would smile in welcome, and the process would start again....I think you get the idea.

Amazing human being. Loads of charisma, beautiful to look at...definitely "star" material.

Mdlftr (who still has his autograph)
  #6   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
traffic problems

Ummm... let's see:

http://theswole.com/wordpress/wp-con...4/sreev006.jpg

Stop traffic he will.