The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to buckman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2010, 03:45 PM

buckman has disabled reputation
chest bouncing = awesome

So...I just had to mention it to someone, and it seemed appropriate here. I was running down the stairs the other day, and I totally felt my chest bounce up and down whenever I was going. It felt so awesome I literally stayed at the bottom step bouncing up and down, just feeling my chest going up and down. It was AWESOME.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Pretty awesome, isn't it? I can remember working in an office with a friend of mine, and after work I saw the elevator and my coworkers and friend waiting for me to get on, so I run down the hallway and get on and so ready to go.

Well, then my friend turns around and says to me "your things bounce when you run, did you know that?" and pointed to my pecs. All I could do was laugh and say "yes, I guess they do!". Of course, saying it on an elevator in front of a bunch of co-workers was interesting, embarassing and head swelling in itself.

Ron III---III
  #3   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Talking

Very cool.
At work, a guy asked me, "do you still workout?"
I flexed my pecs and they bounced up and down visibly through my polo shirt. "What do you think?" I said.
"Wow. Sorry I asked."
  #4   Add to The_Pecman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM

The_Pecman is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the first time I felt that, I went "whoa!"

I always know when I had a good workout the day before, when I not only get a pec bounce when I run, but they also hurt slightly (but a good kinda pain). But I've had that for more than 15 years, now. You get used to it after awhile.

I actually got a slightly negative comment from a boss a few years ago: "jesus, you must really be working out a lot! Do you really have that much spare time to screw around at the gym?"

After that, I started avoiding the tight T-shirts and so on and wearing looser dark knit shirts. Under the right circumstances, I don't mind flaunting it and giving people a sense of my arms and chest, but in a work environment... I dunno, a few comments like this made me pull back a little bit. The right thing at the right time, and all that.
  #5   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
totally know how you feel Pecman about under right cirmcumstances liking to flaunt it, and at a work environment it can be a bit off putting and awkward.
  #6   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:03 AM
A Lover of Muscle

Lover_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lover_Boy
Your Own Business...

Pecman, don't listen to your boss. As long as you perform well at work, and aren't constantly late, it's none of his damn business what the hell you do outside of work/in your spare time.

If anything, he should admire the fact that you have the drive and commitment to be as big as you are. I simply cannot stand these supervisors, bosses, etc. that think they have the right to voice their opinion about what their employees do in their private lives.

I'm guessing your boss isn't exactly the picture of fitness. Am I right? If I am, I'm guessing he's just envious. I think you should continue wearing the clothes that show off all your hard work. I'm sure there are women, and maybe even a few men, that don't mind the view.

Think About It,

L_B

"...But, as my plastic surgeon always said, 'If ya gotta go...go with a smile!'" - Jack Nicholson as The Joker
  #7   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover_Boy View Post
Pecman, don't listen to your boss. As long as you perform well at work, and aren't constantly late, it's none of his damn business what the hell you do outside of work/in your spare time.

If anything, he should admire the fact that you have the drive and commitment to be as big as you are. I simply cannot stand these supervisors, bosses, etc. that think they have the right to voice their opinion about what their employees do in their private lives.

I'm guessing your boss isn't exactly the picture of fitness. Am I right? If I am, I'm guessing he's just envious. I think you should continue wearing the clothes that show off all your hard work. I'm sure there are women, and maybe even a few men, that don't mind the view.

Think About It,

L_B
"I'm guessing he's just envious."

That may well be true. However, we've all encountered situations in the workplace where we feel like "discretion is the better part of valor". For instance, getting into an argument with the boss' favorite, and the boss reams you out a bit later, even though the boss wasn't involved in the situation at all; having a boss who has a certain political point of view, which s/he proclaims loudly every time a certain politician's name or policies are mentioned; a female boss who wears perfume that is so strong that you could literally track her progress around the building by sniffing her trail.... None of these scenarios are necessarily "illegal" or "actionable". They don't help the workplace environment, but sometimes the best thing to do is smile politely and non committaly, and leave the room. [And keep looking for that next job! ]

Mdlftr
  #8   Add to Zap's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Zap is on a distinguished road
I never noticed mine bounced until someone pointed it out to me at work. I was late, so I had my uniform shirt on and was in nothing but my shorts and undershirts. I normally would go in through the backdoor, because that's sort of too bare for most folks to bear, and the managers don't like seeing me like that... And of course, with my luck, the back door is locked... So I run in through the front of the Olive Garden and one of the girls at the hostess stand said "Whoa boy, I think your lovely lumps bounce more than mine."

I guess it's hard to tell they jiggle without paying close attention to them... And having them called "lovely lumps" was very embarrassing, to say the least. It didn't help that there were people around, either.
  #9   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:50 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pecman View Post
Yeah, the first time I felt that, I went "whoa!"

I always know when I had a good workout the day before, when I not only get a pec bounce when I run, but they also hurt slightly (but a good kinda pain). But I've had that for more than 15 years, now. You get used to it after awhile.

I actually got a slightly negative comment from a boss a few years ago: "jesus, you must really be working out a lot! Do you really have that much spare time to screw around at the gym?"

After that, I started avoiding the tight T-shirts and so on and wearing looser dark knit shirts. Under the right circumstances, I don't mind flaunting it and giving people a sense of my arms and chest, but in a work environment... I dunno, a few comments like this made me pull back a little bit. The right thing at the right time, and all that.
That was a dumb comment on your bosses part, but then again it more than likely is a case of jealousy. In this instance, it is not screwing around, it is a sound investment in not only how you look, but how you feel about yourself and in your future health. Let your boss chew on THAT one the next time one of those comments come out of his mouth!

Of course, apparel in the workplace is always a judgement call. Wearing something that is not too tight but hints at the musculature that lurks underneath can be very flattering and also a head turner in itself.

Ron III---III
  #10   Add to SWMassMan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Big...Bigger...BIGGEST!!!

SWMassMan is on a distinguished road
Me at work today,,,

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs463...._2753196_n.jpg

Hope it comes through...been wearing polo shirts at my new job...great for showing some muscle....
  #11   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:30 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
I've noticed that there are places where the uniforms really let employees show off the hard work that they do in the gym. I've seen some pretty buff bodies in polo shirts at Bennigans, Best Buy and Target. Nothing wrong with that!
  #12   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
I've noticed that there are places where the uniforms really let employees show off the hard work that they do in the gym. I've seen some pretty buff bodies in polo shirts at Bennigans, Best Buy and Target. Nothing wrong with that!
I know what you mean. I'll never forget this guy I saw at Best Buy. I mean, he sttod out like this HUGE muscular wall and alll of these people standing around him asking inane questions....my guess was that they just wanted to be around this guy. And I love muscle comeraderie...after the crowd died down he wakled up and asked me if I needed help looking for something and I actually did. Then of course we talked about working out, the gym conversation, i.e. where do you workout, do you compete, etc etc. He told me that the job was "okay, it keeps me in supplements and pays for my gym membership and some school".

He told me his name and that he was in college studying exercise physiology. He was very kind, very nice and once he got to talking about exercise, bodybuilding and such he REALLY became animated, and with every wave of his arm or gesture it seemed like there was always some muscle on his body bouncing or throbbing. And then his boss/manager gestured for him to come over and help or do something, and I just I smiled and said "duty calls". He smiled, rolled his eyes and said "unfortunately" and "great meeting you, come back again soon!".

I never saw him again, but then again I never went back either. Some things you just keep as a good memory, and good motivation to keep myself in shape!

Ron III---III
  #13   Add to somekid13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:57 PM

somekid13 is on a distinguished road
After a year of dedicated working out, I worked up the courage to go shirtless and paint my body at a football game. While going up and down the stands, my chest was noticeably bouncing, and many people took note! I got many requests to "bounce" down them again, and I was happy to oblige. It was great to see my hard work paying off.
  #14   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:50 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by somekid13 View Post
After a year of dedicated working out, I worked up the courage to go shirtless and paint my body at a football game. While going up and down the stands, my chest was noticeably bouncing, and many people took note! I got many requests to "bounce" down them again, and I was happy to oblige. It was great to see my hard work paying off.
Congrats, big guy! I'll beat arpeejay to the punch and put in the request for pics to help the rest of us with the visual.
  #15   Add to somekid13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM

somekid13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
Congrats, big guy! I'll beat arpeejay to the punch and put in the request for pics to help the rest of us with the visual.
No problem man
This is me at one of the games:
http://api.ning.com/files/gYyIHox9s-...398&height=600

And here is a better shot of my chest:
http://api.ning.com/files/BVwTq1aUUu...149&height=471
  #16   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Quote:
No problem man

Hubba hubba!
  #17   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:09 AM

luvyalots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No problem man

3 Questions:

How old are you?
Where do you live?
Are you single?
  #18   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:22 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No problem man

Incredible, but i have to say you shouldn't have to hide your face. Then again you were brave enough to show off that hard work.

@luvyalots 30, cali, single . . . i know that wasn't directed at me, but I can't help it sometimes. Some questions are just to hard to resist answering

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #19   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No problem man

Thanks a lot, bud...with a physique like that it's no wonder you were getting all kinds of looks and comments! Keep it up!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options