The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Omega-Warior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Omega-Warior is on a distinguished road
Body building tips needed

At the moment, I'm on almost zero budget. I can't afford gym membership, or any fancy equipment, but I do have a few things.

I live in the countryside, so there's no lack of places to jog. I've got resistance bands, and I can do pressups and sit-ups.

What I'm looking for is any tips on bulking up my muscle a bit. I've not worled out in a while, but I keep active to prevent loosing the muscle I've worked so hard for.

Any tips would be great, either for exercise routines or diet. I wanna get ripped, and I'm willing to put in the time and effort!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:30 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-Warior View Post
At the moment, I'm on almost zero budget. I can't afford gym membership, or any fancy equipment, but I do have a few things. I live in the countryside, so there's no lack of places to jog. I've got resistance bands, and I can do pressups and sit-ups. What I'm looking for is any tips on bulking up my muscle a bit. I've not worled out in a while, but I keep active to prevent loosing the muscle I've worked so hard for. Any tips would be great, either for exercise routines or diet. I wanna get ripped, and I'm willing to put in the time and effort!
Snap! Zero Budget here as well (so cannot join a gym) but like you have been walking everywhere (which considering I'm a member of a political party is useful this time of year). Can I ask whereabouts in the world you are from (as it is possible that we might be able to help each other)?
  #3   Add to Frankly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Frankly is on a distinguished road
hey bud
Its tricky without money as food and protein can be expensive, but there are definitely ways to train for free.
First, get the diet in line with as much protein as you can get.

as for training, you can do most exercises at home without weights. or you can make your own with gallon water jugs filled with sand. Otherwise, focus on body weight exercises, using perfect form and slow and controlled movements.

try this
Squats, perfect form holding books or something heavy, 4 sets, 3 seconds down 3 seconds up, for 20 reps.

lunges, each leg, 20 reps, 2 seconds down, 2 seconds up, holding books

wall handstand pushups, 3 sets of 10, each rep, slow and controlled, 2 down 2 up.

pushup super set
decline pushups- feet on chair, 3 seconds down, 3 seconds up- 10 reps
followed immediately by diamond pushups, hands in diamond shape, again 3 down 3 up, 10 reps
followed immediately by wide pushups, same thing.
rest 30 seconds, and do the whole thing again 2 more times

Chin ups, 3 sets slow and controlled, 3 seconds up 3 seconds down, work your way up to 20 per set.

Its kind of a whole body workout, but see how that feels, make sure to focus on the contraction and hold both the stretch at the end and the peak contraction for at least 1 second.

Abs, you can do anything from situps, to crunches, to plank, to leg raises. don't need a gym for abs.
  #4   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
while your post is intersting you gave 2 different ideas as to what you want to achieve. First you stated you wanted to build muscle and preserve the muscle you have so far. Second you state you want to get ripped. SO that causes a few questions to be asked.
age?
height, weight?
how long lifting?
You also staed you life in the country side so that mean there are rocks etc avaiable. you also stated you have resistance bands. You also stated you can do sit ups and press ups.
Seems to me you have to first decide what your looking to achieve. If your trying to build you have a lot of resource availabe to achieve that.
chairs, doors, logs, stones , broom handles, and more. A complet work out can be devised by useing these items.
If your trying to get ripped then its going to be mostly your nutrition that will achieve that. Since you didnt provied that plus other information. trying to give you a workout is for now a exercise in futility
  #5   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:05 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
I suggest starting off with pushups, pullups, lunges, sissy squats, dips between chairs, crunches, leg raises--as many calisthenic or bootcamp kind of exercises you can think of. Shop garage sales, newspaper ads, and goodwill stores for old weight sets. Sometimes play it again sports has some good deals on dumbells, and weight sets. In the meantime do as many bodyweight resistance exercises as you can think of- and you can consistently increase the intensity by performing the movement more slowly and methodically. Super slow pullups or pushups are pretty difficult. Good luck to you.
  #6   Add to altonjone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2010, 10:09 PM

altonjone is on a distinguished road
Hi Friends,
As I mentioned earlier that I am healthy guy,
I want to know that will aerobics work for me.
Or I have to go for heavy weight schedule.
  #7   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:29 AM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
Aerobics will work to an extent.....then you need to do heavier excercises to stay in progress. So far no-one has developed an ideal routine unless it changes every month or so for variety.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options