The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
Anabolic Almanac catalog

I get this catalog every now and then. It offers 'anabolic' sounding supplements with names like mesobolin, tridenosen, lipotase, and of course offers claims of steroid-like growth. Anyone ever try any of these products, or know anything about them?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
None of those anabolic substances are steroids as we know them. They do indeed have anabolic effects, but so far no-one has ever developed a muscle growth formula from supplementing diet alone. It would be interesting if someone wanted to experiment with these supplements to see exactly what effect they had (and unfortunately pay for them as well).

Personally, I use creatine, vitamin c, omega3 fishoil, and glucosamine chondroitin for joint flexibility with sore knees and elbows, All of usure benefit
  #3   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
you have to remember food is anabolic as well. if they are claiming steroid like results then they might be a pro hormone but unless they say that them usually there are test boosting herbs such as tribilus terrius etc. Usually they arent worth the money. if you have your nutrition right and lift heavy rotate your workouts you will see the results you want. you dont need to take a ton of supplements to get results.
  #4   Add to Seraph's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:46 AM

Seraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Seraph Send a message via Yahoo to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I once asked a similar question in another forum BBMikeNJ, about whether "anabolic sounding" supplements worked as well as steroids. The reply I got was "if you want steroid effects, use steroids". It made me laugh, but there is sense in it.

I think sometimes people dont want the label of "steroid user" but do want the growth options that steroids offer. Unfortunately somewhere along the line the bullet has to be bitten, either take them and grow, or dont...As BigJoey says, if your training and diet are right you will still grow...but it wont be as fast.

There are pro-hormones out there, which mimic some of the more common steroids, and from what I understand, have more side effects too. You pays your money, you takes your chance.
  #5   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
It's common knowledge that bodybuilding is a very expensive and risk-prone sport. For ordinary folk like me, it's best to stick with good nutrition and a practical training. (And of course, good rest!)

As for those 'anabolic' sounding supplements, keep your cash for the real food and gym fees.
  #6   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 07:39 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewletter View Post
It's common knowledge that bodybuilding is a very expensive and risk-prone sport. For ordinary folk like me, it's best to stick with good nutrition and a practical training. (And of course, good rest!)

As for those 'anabolic' sounding supplements, keep your cash for the real food and gym fees.
Exactly, real food with intense workouts are more beneficial than the snake oil that they are selling on many of these websites.
  #7   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:11 AM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
I also have to say don't waste your money on the stuff from this Anabolic Catalog. I made the mistake of ordering from them, and learned my lesson. Remember that not only are steroids illegal, but so are alot of pro hormones now. So in order for thier stuff to be legal, it amounts to just herbal recipes, as is evident from reading the nutritional labels on the bottles. And at literally hundreds of dollars for a few bottles of whatever, can you say RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED!

I also have an issue with how they do business. I gave into temptation once and ordered some stuff from them via their website. I received a voice mail from them the next day saying that I needed to call them back because I needed to confirm my shipping information. SCAM!!! I called, and they didn't ask one thing about my shipping information. Instead I was treated to a very high pressure sales pitch to add their latest miracle product to my order for the temporary low price of only a couple hundred dollars more. Very stupidly, I agreed to it.

Well guess what, neither of the products I ordered did anything for me. The only thing ordering from them did was allow me to flush a few hundred dollars down the toilet. And for the next several months, they would keep telemarketing me with their same high pressure sales pitches.

In short, my personal experience with that company is stay clear of them.
  #8   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:21 AM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
There are a few other dubious sports supplement groups Ive noticed here and there. "legal steroids" is pretty eye catching, but like everything that sounds too good to be true - it is. Some of the stuff on sale is nothing more than just ordinary protein supplements, some vitamins, and the occasional nitrous oxide dose, all being marketed as some kind of soft source of performance enhancement drugs at a very high price too. I guess for some the temptation is that its "illegal" makes it irresistable.

The price of most supplements is quite a bang for the buck, maybe they just intend to recieve a customer who hands over a hundred bucks once, and so what if they never return. They will just find someone else to sell stuff to.
  #9   Add to UsaAnabolic's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 4th, 2010, 03:24 AM

UsaAnabolic is on a distinguished road
Anabolic Almanac

Bro, I understand how eager you are to make gains, but don't fall for this garbage.
Think about this:
With creatine you can gain somewhere between 6-10 lbs and its the most popular supplement on the market.
This add claims to be 3x as good, but why is it unheard of?
Because its a sales pitch that is garbage, and the X-Factor?? LMFAO
A heavy duty steroid cycle doesn't even put on 30 lbs of lean mass.
buy steroids

buy anabolic

buy anabolic
  #10   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:52 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
AS for lrgal steroids they can be if prescribed by your doctor. The ads claiming legal steroids are for the most part just herbs you can get at any supplement store such as gnc or vitamin shoppe. People do confuse the term anabolic. In the body if your not catabolic then your anabolic. that has to do with your metabolic rate. Most peoples metabolic cycle in their body runs on a 3 1/2 hr -4 hr cycle. After that 4 hr point your body no longer burns carbs as its fule source but goes into a starvation mode and switches over to burning proteins as its primary fule source. Fats are not used but stored for later use. This is why skipping meals fad diets do not work. Your body is designed to consume food on a certain cycle. The longer you stay anabolic the more you will grow. there are test done by certain labs in the united states that can give you the actual breakdown as to how long your anabolic and catabolic. WE reference to anabolic steroids they enhance the bodys capabilites but your nutrition / workouts must be correct. With proper doses not crazy ones the side affects are no worse than taking a asprin. In fact 7000 people in the united states on averag die each year from asprin complications. If you need any detailed information on them please contact me.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options