The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:22 AM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
Is creatine actually working?

Ive used creatine before with some success, weight increased over a stopping point, but faded down when I stopped using it. Ive been trying it again recently and I dont feel its working AT ALL. after the initial loading period of one week with extra dosages, my progress rate didnt seem to change much. In fact, i forgot to take it a few days, and the funny thing is that my weight actaully increased without it! 90% of all sports supplements contain creatine, but the anabolic effect might be mostly water retention when used on an already muscular person. I wouldnt recommend anyone spending much money on this stuff, however it DOES actaully work, just in a limited way.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 07:34 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Creatine does add mostly water weight, but it also helps with heavy lifting in that the joints are lubricated and supported by the cell expansion that creatine supports. It also helps a lot of people with motivation because bodyweight will usually increase and that motivates many people to work harder. It is by no means a miracle supplement, however it does have some positive effects with very few drawbacks.
  #3   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:52 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
hate to tell you this but you get creatine in your daily food intake. the amount may differ depending on what you eat but you are getting it. As for adding more through supplementation well first i wouldn't do a loading process first. You just adding in more than your body will need and you will piss it out and your wasting $$$. Try this do 5 g of creatine and 5 G of glutamine in 8-10oz of apple juice 15-20 mins before you lift and the same after by day 3 you should notice a difference. By using apple juice you do not need a loading phase. Your body will make better use of it this way. Aslo remember creatine does cause you to hold water so the weight increase might have been all water. make surte your nutrition is supporting your growing phase. best rule is to eat liek you weight 15-20 lbs heavier than you are. this will insure your getting everything you need to grow.
  #4   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2010, 06:21 AM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
I used to suppliment with creatine, did so for a year or two, but have now stopped buying the stuff. The effect of creatine is to hold water in the muscles, adding water weight to your body, and supposedly making the muscles swell a little larger from the water they're holding, which then also supposedly allows you to lift a little heavier.

Well we're not pro bbers here, where a few ounces one way or another is really going to make any difference. As for me personally, I never felt or noticed anything different while using it as opposed to not using it, so why spend the money on it.
  #5   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I was kinda wondering if the stuff was worth using if and when I can afford any kinds of those suppliments again.
  #6   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:29 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
I was kinda wondering if the stuff was worth using if and when I can afford any kinds of those suppliments again.
Creatine is worth using when you come to a plateau in regards to gains and need a boost to up your bodyweight. Be aware that most of the bodyweight gains from creatine will be water, but that water weight gain does support strength gains. Strength gains will in turn add to muscle gain. Creatine is best for bulking, not cutting. It tends to fill out the muscles, some people say they feel a bit bloated but it does help with weight gain not weight loss.
  #7   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Strangely, my bodyweight remain the same for almost a year despite using creatine quite regularly. But I do see significant increase in strength. Guess need to eat more meat and fish?
  #8   Add to alexjoan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:21 AM

alexjoan is on a distinguished road
Creatine pills do not work and Creatine powder needs to be mixed with a complex carbohydrate like apple juice or grape juice to work properly In the body also one week Is not long enough to see good results.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options