The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:00 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Adrien Brody gets ripped (but not ripped apart) in Predators

Via Joe Gage's blog...

I kinda liked him just because he didn't look like the usual Hollywood Heartthrob (that fucked up nose actually makes him cute) but now he's getting buff? Oh, noes (and oh, baby!)
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Ooh, goody! Looks like a fun flick and Adrien looks totally yummy!
  #3   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
You could see quite a bit of him in the earlier summer film Splice, too.

Honestly, I'd recommend anyone see Splice, the film was one of the year's best, and I'm a very picky guy~
  #4   Add to tpumper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM

tpumper is on a distinguished road
hitting the gym

There was an article in today's LA Times saying he wanted the part. He hit the gym an added 25 lbs of muscle for the role. When he went to the directors he uncovered what he had done and everyone was surprised....

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm796492544/nm0004778
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:26 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Body modification by an actor for a part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpumper View Post
There was an article in today's LA Times saying he wanted the part. He hit the gym an added 25 lbs of muscle for the role. When he went to the directors he uncovered what he had done and everyone was surprised....

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm796492544/nm0004778
Good for him! This is the same actor who won an Oscar for portraying a starving Polish Jewish pianist on the run from the Nazis in "The Pianist" a few years ago. For that part he dieted down to a skeletal condition, to add to the realism of the portrayal.

Here, he's going in the opposite direction.

Hollywood has a long history of actors modifying their bodies for roles:

Robert DiNero, first getting in terrific shape, then gaining 30 pounds of blubber, to portray boxer Jake LaMotta in "Raging Bull"

Brad Pitt, muscling up to portray the hero Achilles in "Alexander"

Taylor Lautner, muscling up to portray a werewolf in "Eclipse"

Lou Ferrigno, actually dropping some weight (from competition size) to portray "Hercules"

Dyan Cannon, gaining 25 pounds to portray a wealthy socialite who gets murdered in the thriller, "The Last of Sheila"

[Name escapes me. She was in "Jerry McGuire" w Tom Cruise. Famous line: "You had me at hello." ] gaining 25 pounds to portray English office working girl in the chick-flick comedy, "Bridget Jones' Diary"

Christian Bale, getting all buff and toned to portray "American Psycho", then losing a ton of weight for "The Machinist" then muscling up to portray "Batman".

There are many others, but I'll stop here.

Mdlftr
  #6   Add to tjstoys's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:55 PM

tjstoys is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Good for him! This is the same actor who won an Oscar for portraying a starving Polish Jewish pianist on the run from the Nazis in "The Pianist" a few years ago. For that part he dieted down to a skeletal condition, to add to the realism of the portrayal.

Here, he's going in the opposite direction.

Hollywood has a long history of actors modifying their bodies for roles:

Robert DiNero, first getting in terrific shape, then gaining 30 pounds of blubber, to portray boxer Jake LaMotta in "Raging Bull"

Brad Pitt, muscling up to portray the hero Achilles in "Alexander"

Taylor Lautner, muscling up to portray a werewolf in "Eclipse"

Lou Ferrigno, actually dropping some weight (from competition size) to portray "Hercules"

Dyan Cannon, gaining 25 pounds to portray a wealthy socialite who gets murdered in the thriller, "The Last of Sheila"

[Name escapes me. She was in "Jerry McGuire" w Tom Cruise. Famous line: "You had me at hello." ] gaining 25 pounds to portray English office working girl in the chick-flick comedy, "Bridget Jones' Diary"

Christian Bale, getting all buff and toned to portray "American Psycho", then losing a ton of weight for "The Machinist" then muscling up to portray "Batman".

There are many others, but I'll stop here.

Mdlftr

Renee Zellweger
  #7   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Well those 25 lbs are really showing with wide back huge shoulders nice square pecs and strong arms.....yummy he looks great!!!!
  #8   Add to droz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM

droz
WTF!?!?

I think it's ridiculous how the term "ripped" has gone from meaning a bodybuilder that is very vascular, and showing incredible definition. To meaning that some actor has gone on a workout routine for a movie, gained a little muscle and has a four pack...barely.

I hate how the media influences sh*t. I hate how I hear people talking about how "buffed", "ripped" a person is simply because they see a vein showing on a bicep or how someone has four abs. Go pick up a Flex, MD or Muscle and Fitness and see how the word "ripped" is used.
  #9   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
"WTF?" Part II

Re: the misuse/overuse/stretched use of the term, "ripped".

Ditto for such terms as "Diva" [originally meaning a female opera singer, with real talent, who was high strung and difficult to deal with] which is now applied to any loud, mouthy woman, usually with no discernible talent of any kind, except for being a "rhymes-with-witch".

"[fill in the blank] - Czar" - used to ONLY mean "the Czar of all the Russias" the heriditary ruler of Russia, who was an absolute monarch who answered to no one. Now used to apply to any hack who is in charge of something - cars, tax refunds, economic policy, etc.

"{fill in bodypart}-zilla" - originally applied to Godzilla, the legendary monster that ate Tokyo in at least 20 cheesy science fiction movies in the 50s and 60s. Now applied to every bb-flavor of the month in the magazines: "Quadzilla"[the late Paul DeMayo, who actually deserved the term, since he was one thick m-fer!] "Peczilla" [Ronald Coleman - ok, he qualifies] and the more recent applications of the terms, most to people you've never heard of beyond the current issue of a mag.

Mdlftr -El divo -czar-zilla of the Evolution Forum!!

[yeah, right ]
  #10   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:41 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Thank you, Mdlftr. I don't care that Adrien isn't gigantic (but wouldn't that be a sight on that lean frame of his!) All I know is that he's lookin' damn good!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options