The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Ddredy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:33 PM

Ddredy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Wow... I've lurked here for a really long time

And the whole fitness thing seems to have rubbed off on me, which is quite weird cause I've never been an extremly active person. I've actually been basically the opposite for 21 years to be honest .

I think it may possibly be the fact that I've just finished Uni, and since I don't have anything lined up at the minute I needed to fill my time on my days off.

I've tried several times before to get fit, the usual stuff where you go to a local gym once and then never go back. But so far I've been pretty committed (mind it has only been a week), although I have been eating healthier (five a a day and vitamin suppliments) so I suppose that's a start.

Anyways to cease this inane rambling I'll cut to the point, I reckoned that if I started up some kind of blog/photo post on the internet that would inspire me to carry on (I am a Psychologist, we do tend to grasp at straws a little xD).

I have no literal clue what I'm doing when it comes to excercise, although I do understand the nutritional and hormonal side pretty well (though I'll probably be proved otherwise xD). However, with my handy i-pacemaker/phone I have a nearly human instructor in the form of i-fitness... *cough*

So yes anyway, I've never ever measured anything aside from one thing on my body which I figure most men have done so I have no clue what my measurements are. However I can tell you that I weigh 189lbs and I'm basically 6ft, and apparently I have a BMI of 26.

So without furtherado have some pictures of me on week one,

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...tar/225536.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...tar/225518.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...tar/225518.jpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Ddredy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:36 PM

I hate people who double post on forums, however since you can't edit your posts for some odd reason:

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...tar/225500.jpg

The last photo I intended to post, stupid photobucket ??
  #3   Add to Ddredy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:36 AM

Exclamation

*bumps*

Well, I thought I may have received a slightly warmer welcome than this but either way... I'd like some help from regular gym goers if that is possible.

I've been gyming for two weeks now, three times in the first week and I went four days this week. I have no intrest in abdominal muscles really, I'm
quite happy with my stomach as it is. I'm more interested in gains around my shoulders,arms,neck
back and legs.
I also purchased a barbell and dumbbell set of /.5kg weights (one must start somewhere) to which I do squats and military presses.

Basically, I understand this isn't a quick process but I've heard from most people that your muscles should hurt if you're doing these sort of things right. However even after lifting the most I possibly can, there isn't ever much pain after, I tend to not even feel tired.

Also, I've been drinking a pint of full fat milk after the gym (I usually drink a lot of milk so this isn't a new thing really).

Any help with all of this would be greatly appreciated; off anyone really.

Thanks guys

I've been doing the standard stuff most newbs seem to do in the gym, 15 minutes of cardio followed by basically a full once around the machinery they have (it's a local gym so this is quite limited)
  #4   Add to Frankly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Frankly is on a distinguished road
hey bud
congrats on getting bitten by the workout bug. it gets addicting.

Keep with it, and don't make excuses. be honest with yourself and you'll succeed.

there's my little motivational tidbit.

as for working out, i tend to use predominantly free weights and cables and try to avoid using machines if at all possible. Reason being, machines help you stabilize the weight and don't give you the most effective workout.

set up a routine of going to the gym, 3, 4 or 5 days a week, plan on keeping that routine, then build your workouts around that. so if you only have time for three workouts one week, you should be hitting all your muscle groups in those three workouts, so chest and back together, shoulder and arms together, and legs, 3 workouts.

check out bodybuilding.com or abcbodybuilding.com for good routines and guidelines for beginners, do some research and you'll be sure to grow in no time. good luck

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options