The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Natural Athlete teen

I have a nephew in law who is 12 yo. im amazed of the endless quantity of energy he has. Fortunately he spend it doing sports all day and is paying off.
He spend the morning at baseball, afternoon at soccer, later do some hiking and i look at him like he wants to do some dips and pull ups...
Well the other day i join him hiking as his parents are kind of tired of taking him to all sports spots. Well all muscles are clearly defined. But it called my atention that the are also bulkier. For example he flexed his biceps and there is muscle as a small ball is coming up, hes calves are popping and the quads too.. is he a mesomorph...? this is kind of incredible..
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2010, 07:57 PM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
Wow how tall what he weigh for a 12yo beast
  #3   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:34 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinherc View Post
I have a nephew in law who is 12 yo. im amazed of the endless quantity of energy he has. Fortunately he spend it doing sports all day and is paying off. He spend the morning at baseball, afternoon at soccer, later do some hiking and i look at him like he wants to do some dips and pull ups... Well the other day i join him hiking as his parents are kind of tired of taking him to all sports spots. Well all muscles are clearly defined. But it called my atention that the are also bulkier. For example he flexed his biceps and there is muscle as a small ball is coming up, hes calves are popping and the quads too.. is he a mesomorph...? this is kind of incredible..
Clearly, he must be doing something right. I would suggest that you query (next time you see him) what he wants to do after school and say "Why not enter a bodybuilding contest in the junior classes?" and see how he takes the idea.
  #4   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:22 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
a few things. First he is too young to enter a bodybuilding compoetition, No federation will allow a 12 yo to enter. Second you didnt say what sports he is doing. those of us at the top of the amature sprts level determin a person body structure by the sports they do not the usual methods. Sports give a clearer picture as to body structure and how much mass the body can hold.
  #5   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:23 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
a few things. First he is too young to enter a bodybuilding compoetition, No federation will allow a 12 yo to enter. Second you didnt say what sports he is doing. those of us at the top of the amature sprts level determin a person body structure by the sports they do not the usual methods. Sports give a clearer picture as to body structure and how much mass the body can hold.
Which is why I said "after school" (meaning aged 16 or higher).
  #6   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:47 PM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
I agree he is too young for bodybuilding yet or to mention about it, surprisinly he does manage a diet at least eating more than 5 times a day. I dont know yet where did he get this habbit. His parents are not too into sports. But his older brother is.
I did mention that he plays baseball all morning, do soccer in the afternoon and do hiking later.
Besides that what is amazing is the extreme out of normal hyper activity level.
He is always chasing someone to play something with a ball...and be sure you will get tired first!
  #7   Add to musclemonkey's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Monkeys have bigger tails

musclemonkey is on a distinguished road
That's really good that the kid is learning to live an active lifestyle. He doesn't have to enter bodybuilding competitions to be a healthy young person. Just always encourage him to live healthy, and if he wants to be a bodybuilder, then by all means, let him be a bodybuilder!
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:47 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinherc View Post
I agree he is too young for bodybuilding yet or to mention about it, surprisinly he does manage a diet at least eating more than 5 times a day. I dont know yet where did he get this habbit. His parents are not too into sports. But his older brother is.
I did mention that he plays baseball all morning, do soccer in the afternoon and do hiking later.
Besides that what is amazing is the extreme out of normal hyper activity level.
He is always chasing someone to play something with a ball...and be sure you will get tired first!
I have to say, based on my experience of 12 years olds, having been one myself, then seeing friends' children and my own.... this is good and "typical" behavior for a healthy, active 12 year old. As far as the muscle building goes, let me interject my own philosophy here, which is, NO ONE should be forced to become the surrogate for someone else's dreams -- whether it's becoming a brain surgeon, Super Bowl winning quarterback or bodybuilder.

Having said that, by all means strive to be an example of good behavior and health for your nephew. The opportunity to discuss big muscles and all the positives that they mean (perception of health, respect of peers and strangers, sex appeal, real feelings of competence and self worth, to name just a few) can only encourage him to pursue lifting. You could offer to show him some basic bodybuilding exercises appropriate for his age and build and remind him that no one develops a huge, muscular body in a day, but that anyone, with a sustained effort of consistent, hard work, can develop themselves well beyond what they ever thought possible.

Go out there and encourage him, "uncle in law"!

Mdlftr

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options