The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > General
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:54 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Report a Thread Without Reading

Hey flex, just a thought. If you could, could you give us a way to flag a spam thread / spammer without having to go in and read it. It would be quite convenient and would make me feel a lot better.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to drew's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Freak Under Construction!

drew is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to drew Send a message via Yahoo to drew
Hi Xythan,

The thing with our current spammers is that somehow they are registering, and generally post 5 threads on the newly registered account. The threads will always have a link in the sig even though the response is 'somewhat' close to what's being discussed.

I try to get on about 3 times a day to look for these and do a ban/erase.

If however you find some that have been missed, feel free to pm or email me and I'll hop on and delete them.

The only prob of course is that with this sort of spamming there is no way to tell what it is without reading at least one of their threads.
  #3   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2010, 03:23 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Yeah, when I first read xythan's suggestion, my reaction was -- "Oh, that would be handy!" But then I thought on how that would work some more, and it worried me a bit. Given that the intention is to report a post as spam, how do you know unless you've gone in and read it? I mean, absolutely 100% for sure?

Yeah, there are frequently posts that, just from the subject line, it's totally "obvious" they're spam. But there's always the chance of being fooled, in one direction or the other, just going by the subject line. Having the reporting (and banning) controls live at the post level means that anyone using them "has to" have actually looked at the post (in theory), which is probably a safety check worth having.

(If your intent with the request, xythan, is to make it easier to "mass-report" multiple threads created by a spammer... I wouldn't worry about that. When a spam account is nuked, all of its posts are automatically scrubbed along with it. So, reporting any random one of the spammer's posts should be sufficient to get all of them dealt with.)
  #4   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:19 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I don't know about the rest fo you guys, but I get a little pop up window with the first few sentences of the first post in it and that can, in may cases, give me enough info to tell if there's a good chance that the thread is infact that.
  #5   Add to Kyrosan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:28 PM

Kyrosan
Send a message via AIM to Kyrosan Send a message via Yahoo to Kyrosan
WhoDunIt is correct. If you hover your mouse over the link for the post, it will give you the first few lines of the post. More often than not you can easily tell if the START of the post is a spammer. If it's spam within an existing thread then obviously it wouldn't work.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options