The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2005, 02:04 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Muscle in public - guys checking it out...

O.k., I wanted to mention a muscle sighting I had Friday, then get on to my REAL Question: how do guys check out other built guys in public.

The sighting. I was with the family in a sit-down upscale fast-food place (it advertizes fresh ingredients, quick service, and no preservatives. Funny, they don't mention the relatively- high-for- a- fast- food- place prices! Anyway....)

It's mid-March in suburban DC. It's about 45 degrees outside, the temperature's dropping, and most people in the place look like the Michelin Man in their puffy winter coats. Guy walks in, maybe mid-30's? Around 6 foot, maybe 185-190, TIGHT-- wide shoulders tapering down to a slim waist, jeans that look like they're painted on. VERY tight, thin Grey t-shirt nicely showcases his pec shelf, hugs his lats, and frames his full bis and tris. He catches my eye, sorta smiles, somewhat uncertainly, and averts his gaze. [I'm doing the suburban dad with the glassy gaze look, but am checking out his build, obviously!] Guy has dark hair, short, dark beard, looks Italian. Arms probably at least 16" but could be larger. His very low body fat makes his shoulders look wider and his over--proportionate pecs look even larger than they probably are because of the tight waist. He doesn't have the full, bulbous look that some Italian beefy guys get--he's more slim and tight and nicely proportioned. He's obviously aware of how he looks, since he walked in from street on a cold, windy, rainy/snowy day wearing only a thin grey t-shirt. (Maybe he works at a neighboring store in the shopping center???)

Here's the bit I wanted to comment on: Only other guy in the place, is tall -- probably about 6'5"? Maybe 240-250#? Maybe late 20's , early 30's. He's in shape, but limping, perhaps from an injury. He came into the restaurant a few minutes before grey t-shirt guy. He places his order and sits down. He's o.k. Tall and proportionate, but doesn't have the dramatic muscle proportions of grey t-shirt (or the wardrobe either).

As grey t-shirt guy goes up the coutner to place his order, he passes my table. I notice him, obviously, and can keep him in view unobtrusively, since I'm sitting facing the ordering counter. Tall guy with limp is sitting off to the side. He notices T-shirt guy as he walks back to sit down back in the restaurant after placing his order. Tall guy with limp is NOT a master of subtlelty -- he does a full swivel, with his head and body, following the progress of t-shirt guy from the counter back to his seat. I watch the whole thing, amused, and comment to my wife about what is going on. She smirks, having noticed the whole thing.

Gee, guys, haven't you learned to be SUBTLE?! Or am I just too smooth?

Mdlftr
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
Hirsuited (June 7th, 2013)
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
After having been as subtle as humanly possible for the first 35 years of my life, I have virtually NO interest in being subtle now!

xoxo

richard
The Following User Says Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
Hirsuited (June 7th, 2013)
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
After I have virtually NO interest in being subtle now!

xoxo

richard

Well, Richard, you're right about that---"subtle" is NOT a word one associates with you: BLAtTANT, perhaps, or OUT THERE, maybe, COMING ON STRONG, but never 'Subtle'!

'You go, guy!'

Mdlftr

Last edited by Mdlftr; August 27th, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
  #4   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2005, 08:33 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
I used to be VERY careful...

...about checking guys out,I guess because I wasn't necessarily interested in sex;I just wanted to look.More recently,I find that I'm quite shameless about getting an eyefull.It's ultimately harmless,after all.(deadly eyeball rays?!?)
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...about checking guys out,I guess because I wasn't necessarily interested in sex;I just wanted to look.More recently,I find that I'm quite shameless about getting an eyefull.
Yeah, although my husband Rob SAYS it's fine I look but don't touch, he can get jealous at times, and since I don't want to lead anyone on, I try to be as subtle as I can. If you are married, it's good to try and be subtle, but marriage isn't equal to blindness. Once a friend and I see Rob checking out a well-built latin guy and it cracked us up because he's so cool about that sort of stuff.
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:40 AM

I'll have you all know that I'm just a shy, delicate flower!

Also:

Petite & demure!

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 06:58 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Sure you are Richard.
  #8   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:30 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
subtlety is definitely something I have trouble with too.... how do you really check a guy out without checking him out?!

I've been caught in the act more than once by the guy I was watching.... they never seem to mind...

#9   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
I've been caught in the act more than once by the guy I was watching.... they never seem to mind...
I think you may have hit the nail on the head. A guy with the body and attire you described probably wants to be noticed. Just like the rest of us .

Actually, I'm guilty of that myself just this last Friday. I've gotten into treating Fridays as "casual" day, not that our office is the least bit formal. But my interpretation is that I've taken to wearing t-shirts on Fridays, which I would never do before.

So here I was, on a mildly cool day (10 deg C/ 50 F), strutting around in my tight (large -- and I take XL) t-shirt, watching for glances. My co-workers rolled their eyes when we went out for coffee without a jacket. (They knew what I was up to.)

But the most fun happened when I chatted briefly with a guy from an adjoining office in the building. It was pretty much small talk, but he kept glancing down at my arms and chest. I actually found it a bit distracting, plus he seemed to keep prolonging the conversation, so the words coming out of my mouth were pretty much just empty nonsense. I still couldn't help but smile, though.

Back to the original topic -- how you glance I guess depends on if you want to be caught glancing. Either by the target of your glance, or the people around you. My husband hates it when I "cruise" when we're shopping, but it's a hard habit to break. (I used to be somewhat of a -- ahem -- male slut -- before I settled down.)
  #10   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:20 PM

I just tell mine to get over it, Digibacker. I'm hitched, not dead!

xoxo

richard

petite, demure, delicate
  #11   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:55 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibacker
... he kept glancing down at my arms and chest. I actually found it a bit distracting, plus he seemed to keep prolonging the conversation, so the words coming out of my mouth were pretty much just empty nonsense. I still couldn't help but smile, though.
Hehe, sounds like you had some great fun there. Reading that just made me smile as I am currently beginning to get more attention myself, not as much as you, but hey!, summers coming!

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #12   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Well if your avatar pic is anything to go by, if I saw you wandering around somewhere I'd probably have more than a quick glance! lol.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options