The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Maverick0095875's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:16 AM
lifeisahighway

Maverick0095875 is on a distinguished road
basic supplements

Aight so here is what I'm trying to do. Stay in the weight range I M now , which is 180 pounds at 6 ft 4. So I'm currently taking creatine fuel by twinlab and t bomb 3 it was recommended by a friend. BAsically what I'm trying to do is loose as much fat as I can while increase my strength and add some lean muscle is there a supplement I should add. I read something about amino acids.

Any advice
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:02 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
There is no one single rule here. The truth is that supplements differ for everybody. In some individuals a pre-workout which is a short life stimulant is helpful in others something that is supposed to help with focus makes it impossible.

The main things to look at are:

1. ) Diet: Make certain that your protein intake is sufficient for muscle growth. Building muscle takes nutrients and this means protein. If you are able to get this via your diet that is the best thing, but people have lives, time limitations, and all the rest. Your best sources are fish and secondary is poultry. Protein via red meat is "iffy", and the best is actually Bison. The problem is that Bison meat is very pricey and not easily available. Bison is often referred to in the United States as Buffalo, but in fact they are genetically different. If you want ton know where to get Bison contact the American Bison Association on the net. Tuna is great for fish if you can stand tuna prepared 200 different ways. Watch and minimize salt intake because it causes water retention. When you exercise you make lactic acid and if you retain water your body does not flush it as quickly. That slows down your workouts in that you tend to have more soreness and a longer recovery.

Remove artificial or concentrated sweeteners from your diet. This means no High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Sugar (another name for High Fructose Corn Syrup) and Chrystalline Sucrose. The concentrated sugars are a cost saving method for food manufacturers, but they create wild swings in blood sugar in a percentage of individuals and in some can take blood sugar readings into diabetic levels before insulin can be released to control them. Remove
synthetic sweeteners not created from natural sugar. Salad Dressings, Pancake Syrup, Carbonated Beverages, and some things falsely representing themselves as health type waters do have ingredients that are not acceptable. Some artificial sweeteners act as appetite stimulants and others cause cravings for salt. Be careful of any kind of soda pop. Regular tea is less of a problem and herbal tea is even less than that. If you want sweet substitute actual fruit juices without artificial sweeteners. They are very much OK.

Be careful with fats and oils. You are pretty safe across the board with Olive Oil, but you are very unsafe with some others. In an effort to contribute to lower cholesterol some places are using a commercial oil referred to as Olean and or Olestra. These oils prevent the absorption of cholesterol and trans fats. Sounds good, but the problem is that they also can cause you to not absorb some fat based good nutrients and oil soluble vitamins as well.

Remove nearly all fast food from your diet. If you must eat fast food from necessity, stay away from beef based foods and go to chicken or fish. One place where healthy food is available surprisingly is Taco Bell. There are things on a Taco Bell menu that are actually nutritionally decent. The rest are making improvements, but this is an area to be careful.

The other thing to remove from your diet is soy products or things derived from soy with the exception of lecithin. There is some evidence that in a percentage of men soy has a negative impact on the production and utilization of testosterone. Until all the research on this is completed the best thing to do is to eliminate it.

When you eat carbs try and stay away from the carbs that are extremely high in sugar. Carrots, Corn and Potato are high sugar carbs. Rice is not as bad and brown rice is good. Most green vegetables are acceptable depending on methods of preparation.

If you consume alcohol that needs to be eliminated too. The main reason for this is not what you think. The liver is stressed to deal with and remove alcohol from the system. Dealing with the alcohol would naturally take a higher level of importance than food digestion.

Just eat healthy and that is the bottom lone on the diet.

2.) Supplements are in order when the diet is not able to be done as you would want. Look for good quality supplements and look for how the ingredients are metabolized. A protein powder is a good thing, but the concentration needs to be high enough that you spill some. There are some really rotten products out there that are nothing more than a rip-off. You don't want to waste your money. Research things on the net before buying there are several supplement rating sites, read others experiences before buying.

I am not thrilled with artificial fat burners. The main problems with these is that they chemically increase metabolism and this can be a situation that has other after effects. In some cases a few of these products have been found to act in a limited number of people as appetite stimulants. This means that you gain fat instead of losing it because you eat more or crave more food to answer the call.

Expect that you will want to eat more if your exercise regimen is good. Food and calories in heavy exercise is not a bad thing. Good calories build muscle, bad calories build or help maintain fat. Food and some supplements provide fuel to burn off fat, some not so good things do the opposite.

Try and get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep because sleep disturbances can have a negative impact on fat mobilization.
  #3   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:15 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
I'm sorry..did you say 6'4 , 180, and your goal is to loose fat?
Are you sure you got any?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options