You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:02 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Muscle Dream Interpretation?

This is no doubt, a first for this forum, but I'm hoping some of you huge guys who are used to the feelings associated with a big, beefy, beautiful and masterbate-able body, might be able to interpret the meaning of a strange muscle-related dream I had a few nights ago.

Being the quintissential "little guy" (5'4, as skinny as 98, as fat as 220, currently 155), I have always had issues with body image. All my life I have both lusted after and looked up to bodybuilders, always thinking to myself that I would give anything to have, not just the muscle, but to have "a man's body", with big hands, broader shoulders, more height, you get the idea. Anything but the boy's body I'm stuck with. Well, the other night, I dreamed that I miraculously woke up with the body I'd always dreamed of; huge, hairy pecs, bulging biceps, wide lats, long legs, full, luscious lips, huge round muscle bellies, and enough testosterone to make the incredible hulk look like a prepubescent junior highschooler. In the dream, I was so excited, thinking that people were finally going to look up to me, respect me, and lust after me the way I'd always wanted. Then, I dressed and went out into the street, and was horrified. Nobody looked or stared; nobody whistled. Nobody approached or talked to me. No one saw me any differently than the non-descript child that they've always seen me as, despite the superhuman body I possessed. I woke up so angry and disturbed. In the dream I got what I'd always wanted and found it made no difference at all.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this in real life? Getting the muscle you've always wanted and having it make no difference at all in the way people see you? And why would I have this dream, given that I am not a bodybuilder, but am only very interested in snagging their friendship and love? Any ideas or notions would be greatly appreciated.
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post
Well, the other night, I dreamed that I miraculously woke up with the body I'd always dreamed of; huge, hairy pecs, bulging biceps, wide lats, long legs, full, luscious lips, huge round muscle bellies, and enough testosterone to make the incredible hulk look like a prepubescent junior highschooler. In the dream, I was so excited, thinking that people were finally going to look up to me, respect me, and lust after me the way I'd always wanted. Then, I dressed and went out into the street, and was horrified. Nobody looked or stared; nobody whistled. Nobody approached or talked to me. No one saw me any differently than the non-descript child that they've always seen me as, despite the superhuman body I possessed.
Could it simply be that people you know admire you for non physical traits?
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Sounds like an anxiety dream to me! My guess is that if you had it you'd be so into it you wouldn't give a rat's patootie about whether anyone else looked your way! :-)

xoxo

Richard
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #4   Add to Zap's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:22 PM

Zap is on a distinguished road
That type of dream sounds oddly... I can't describe it. However, the short version was "I looked different but those who knew me still treated me the same" or something to that effect, yes? If so, then that's probably the best dream you could ever have given your current state. Maybe it's that little voice telling you to stop worrying about how you look and just focus on being, well, yourself.

Looking different does NOT magically make you more confident. It does NOT make you more likable (as a person). It does NOT make a difference what-so-ever. Unless we're talking about someone suddenly becoming obese or fit, then yes, health differences would surely occur.

The guy above me said it shorter/sweeter than I did, however. coughcough
  #5   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2010, 11:11 PM

Thanks Zap. I just haven't been able to figure it out. I mean, I think the dream disturbed me so much because it hit so close to the truth. My family has long since told me, "be careful what you wish for". In this dream I got what I wished for, and it still didn't bring me any closer to the desireability, respect, or even fear that I've always wanted; all of that which might come from a hyper masculine, muscular body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
That type of dream sounds oddly... I can't describe it. However, the short version was "I looked different but those who knew me still treated me the same" or something to that effect, yes? If so, then that's probably the best dream you could ever have given your current state. Maybe it's that little voice telling you to stop worrying about how you look and just focus on being, well, yourself.

Looking different does NOT magically make you more confident. It does NOT make you more likable (as a person). It does NOT make a difference what-so-ever. Unless we're talking about someone suddenly becoming obese or fit, then yes, health differences would surely occur.

The guy above me said it shorter/sweeter than I did, however. coughcough
  #6   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:48 AM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Tried to reply, tablet browser glitch erased it, going to go for brevity.

Dreams are often yourself talking when you're forced to listen to it. You've expressed quite a poor self image. Is the feeling that came within the dream a positive one where people treated you with the usual respect and courtesy they treat others with? Was it them being rude, treating you like a child, a weakling or as insignificant in areas where you're competent and capable? Did the dream reflect (as honestly as you can assess) the way you're treated in daily life by friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, the people you want to like you?

In the real world you're extremely unlikely to suddenly wake up as the Hulk ... are you willing to actually do the work that would achieve the body you want? It's a huge lifestyle change that has to be sustained for life, or you go back to the 'baseline' which may be more muscular than where you started but is still nowhere near bodybuilding standards, much less your dream fantasy. The years of discipline, good habits, hard work overcoming your limits, would have profound effects on your self confidence, and that alone would greatly change the way people treat you even if their current modus is casual disrespect and shallow, superficial regard? Do you want to make that kind of change? Oh, also, is 5'4" a normal height for your family? If not and if it's not too late have you consulted a doctor about hormonal issues and the possibility of growth hormone enhancement treatment? Once your bones have closed off the growth plates, it can't make you taller and is a general Bad Idea despite the gorilla fetish that some of our peers on this forum indulge. But before that you can usually get a few more inches, enough to take you out of the "mistaken for child" zone.
  #7   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:59 PM

thanks

I appreciate your comments. You're right, my height and body structure have long contributed to a lower sense of self worth, mostly because my region seems to be filled with 'big ole boys' who have the real man persona. Not a lot of bodybuilders around here, but lots of tall guys with meaty chests, big broad shoulders, you get the idea.

I am the shortest in my family. My dad is only 5'6. So I fear that 5'4 is normal for me. And I'm almost 37 years old, so I doubt that there is any growth left in these old bones. I'm just going to have to do a "mind over matter" and get over this, I fear.
  #8   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:36 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
It may be blasphemy to say this, H.O.L., but perhaps the dream is your subconscious mind's way of saying that muscle isn't the way to get what you want or need from others. Or perhaps you're just realizing that, while most people fear change, you fear that you'll never be able to change yourself. Even if you change your outward appearance, you fear that you can't fix the flaws inside of you that everyone can see.
  #9   Add to howardbeatman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:25 AM

howardbeatman is on a distinguished road
I agree with the other posters; your mind is telling itself that any outside change - however wished for - will not change the way people treat you.
Especially the people who already know you.

Several years ago, I had recurring dreams in which I could fly - and no one noticed, even when I flew right in front of them. We know, deep down, what is real and what is not.
  #10   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM

I can always fly in my dreams. I often wondered what that was about until read in a dream interpretation book that dreams like that are our subconscious minds' way of helping us to "rise above" the troubles of our daily, waking lives.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options