The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to timberino's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:30 AM

timberino is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to timberino Send a message via Yahoo to timberino
i'm trying

heres five pics. i'm a dufus and cant figure out how to make them pop up. i dont really have any comparison but when i take more i'll post them. i took them to have some sexy/muscular pictures for myspace. i feel i failed. i look at them and think i look pretty scrawny.... i got issues. i'm debating whether to keep tryin to gaining and not take typed to get cut. i just wanna be at 200lbs by next summer. i dont know. here they are.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/62.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/52.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/42.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/32.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/22.jpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:52 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
awwww.... dude!!! Don't be so hard on yourself! That's a problem that WE ALL have... if you read back in many of the threads about personal growth experiences and such you'll discover that most of us have that problem - big time.

You look AWESOME for a guy who's only been lifting for a couple months.... the muscle I see on your body has taken me YEARS to come close to matching and I might say that there are a couple features of yours that make me a bit jeaous!

Very good work! Imagine how hot you'll look if you keep working at it so hard for ... say.... another 12 months?!?
  #3   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberino
i look at them and think i look pretty scrawny.... i got issues.
Ditto what EJ said. Most of us builders on here have the same problem. "Bigorexia", someone mentioned.

But you definitely don't have anything to worry about. You may not have the size -- yet -- but you're very muscular. That's certainly worth being proud of.

Just keep working at it and you'll grow. You've already made a great head start, and you're looking darned good right now.
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:13 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
What EJ and Digibacker said PLUS:

I love the fur! Please don't shave it. When you achieve Hulkdom you'll be VERY popular over at Colt.com!

xoxo

richard
  #5   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:23 AM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Very nice. Keep it up.
You're quite big, but please open your eyes when you take a picture.
Need anyone to help take those pictures?
  #6   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:19 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
I agree with Ether and Digi. I think because we all wanna get bigger we have this mental picture in our mind that some how plays havock with any progress we make until we are getting or have got that image or ideal physically accomplished. Mind you, I suspect once ones there we probably will only want more. Anyway, The thing about building a bigger body is that, for those that don't know, its ALL about determination. Muscle size like an extra 30lbs in your case does not grow within a few weeks, or even a few months. It does grow day by day but only by a very little bit (assuming your nutrional intake is good coupled with sufficient intensive training). For that reason, many people loose sight of what they have actually gained and achieved and thus stop training. You just HAVE to keep going. We all have this "Bigorexia" problem. In part, thats why its arguably better to use your weight and measurments as growth confirmation. This is what i have, a log, and it helps me by confirming 100% that am actually growing even though when i look at myself the "Bigorexia" kicks in and tricks me into thinking otherwise.

Stay positive and stick with it, and you WILL get that 30lbs and more of lean muscle mass!

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #7   Add to ashleydelfin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:53 PM
=^^=

ashleydelfin has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to ashleydelfin Send a message via Yahoo to ashleydelfin
Agreed, with everyone. It's like the more you expect it the less it comes. But you look awesome right now! I don't see scrawny anywhere! You so have this "bigorexia" thing... not that I'm complaining.

Like arpeejay said, don't shave! You've got the kind of body hair that's just hot... body hair + muscle is just going to be... well, near incredible. Just keep on working out and before you know it you'll have gains and peeps on the street will all be turning to see you and crashing into stuff.

~Ashley
  #8   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:46 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
as if to throw another log on the fire...

I agree - the body hair is one of your great assets. Some guys have too much and in the wrong places - yours is perfect. I'm not nearly that hairy but we can't all be giant hot muscular young ape-men now can we?

ANYHOW - to the point I was getting to. Last Monday night my wife was out at one of her Mary Kay things and I was alone with my son doing the "mens night" thing... always fun (actually I really do enjoy it). and anyway, I was wearing a moderately tight wife-beater tank top that night and some gym shorts and I passed by the mirror in the hallway and caught myself out of the corner of my eye doing one of those "damn! woah! who is THAT big guy?!" kind of takes.... of course realizing that it's me... and yet not believing it.

So later that night I took about 10-15 self-portraits using the timer on our digital cam - thinking.... well... I guess it's time to update my pictures to everyone since I've obviously grown more than I think I have. Then I downloaded all the pictures to the computer and began to sort through them looking for the best ones to crop and post appropriately.

The trouble is - when I looked at myself that way - they all looked like crap to me. Suddenly I had this feeling like I couldn't understand why I took those pictures and they all just looked to me like a slightly overweight old man (I'm only 28, mind you) trying to flex a tiny little bicep or pec to impress nobody. I was disgusted with myself (literally) and deleted all the files. A little while after that I was even MORE disgusted with myself for deleting all the files and for allowing myself that much self-hate.... and just so irritated with the whole process that I didn't take any more pictures and haven't since.

So what I'm trying to say is... even when I think I've conquered this thing, sometimes it still comes back to hurt me. you're not alone and we're all in this same boat. I hope some day that I like my body enough to be proud of it, but until then, I'll continue to keep up the hard work and be as good a person as I can!

Thanks for your time and sharing! Please stick around!

-Chris
  #9   Add to SithSpawn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM

SithSpawn has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to SithSpawn
I agree with everyone else but....

Looking at the photos 2 things spring to mind: 1) you need either a haircut or a comb and 2) it looks to me like you're using a Canon eos300 camera, same as me which has a timer on it so get yourself a tripod and use that (or get a remote button for it, I've got one and it's great), then you're pictures will look a lot better and you may not be so hard on yourself. Seriously, you look like you're a bit preocupied by whether the camera is going to get a good pic, if you use the timer you can get the pose just right and let the camera do it's work.
  #10   Add to weaknobody's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Leo

weaknobody
Send a message via Skype™ to weaknobody
hey, what do you mean you look scrawny???
c'mon, you're looking great! i know a thousand guys who would love to look like you (including me! hehe).
just keep training hard and you'll get where you want to.
i know it's a lot of patience to ask but here we are to help you get through it.
keep going, and nice work till now!
  #11   Add to timberino's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:30 PM

thank you

i really didnt expect that many responses. i'm glad i actually grew some balls and posted it. i need whatever support i can get. i dont have friends that workout. i always consider my body hair my worst attribute. i would rather have the smoothness of marco_ukmus(you have a beautiful body). you make me think about not shaving it all though. i appreciate the support. i feel a little less insane. like you guys have said though... i worry i'm gonna get to 200 then thing 225 and just keep building on the problem. in a way i've worried this site fills me with crazy ideas of being some 7ft400lb12indicked monster being just the ultimate... perfection... i guess. i've got to admit its getting better. thank you all.
  #12   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:09 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Just wanted to second what everyone said. You are definitively not scrawny and have the start of a solid build. You have to keep size in perspective and be realistic about what is possible after optimizing diet and training. Not everyone has the capacity to super huge without awesome genetics and/or lots of anabolics. If however, you stick with training long term, you will get stronger and ultimately bigger. And one other thing--keep the chest hair but I am definitvely biased about that.
  #13   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:46 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Don't worry about a thing...

...like Marco,you're gifted with a genetically pretty shape & already showing some impressive development.As to the hair,for my tastes;you might try trimming just below the pecs & on either side of the vertical on your abs.BUT MOST IMPORTANT!Set realistic goals.How about a 6'5"350lb.muscle-monster with an 11"cock?You can always move on from there!
  #14   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:12 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I have to agree with Glam on this one. You are already very atractive, and making obvious progress. If you stick with it, I think you'll be very pleased. It just takes time... and a LOT of work!
  #15   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
i would rather have the smoothness of marco_ukmus(you have a beautiful body).
Thanks Timberino! I'm working on it.

Quote:
i worry i'm gonna get to 200 then thing 225 and just keep building on the problem
Don't worry about it now. Get there first and then worry about it. To be honest by the time you get to 200lbs, if not well before, your self confidence and opinions will have changed. You'll still have the "bogerexia" but your self worth will have changed, what with all those stares and smiles you'll get as people walk by you. The very little muscle I have gained whilst working out, which has only been for the last 7 months I mgith add, has changed my opinion of myself no end. My self confidence has rocketed, obviously not to a level of arigance though.

Quote:
in a way i've worried this site fills me with crazy ideas of being some 7ft400lb12indicked monster being just the ultimate... perfection...
This site has everything. Support, great community, great debates, and great place to meet like minded people. Ofcourse it does have the wide monsterious images and un-comprehendable muscle growth stories. Don't worry about the crazy ideas, so long as you like them, and bear in mind that such transformations are only realistic once genetic engineering and nano technology become a comodity (prop ten+ years from now).

I dare say it, I'm personally not a hairy fan, thats not to say I'm 100% smooth, just the hair is not so prominant from a distance. Everyone's different and has different preferences. If you want it, then keep it, if you dont, then don't. Having said that, it does appear that pretty much all the coments so far suggest that people love the hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!Set realistic goals.How about a 6'5"350lb.muscle-monster with an 11"cock?You can always move on from there!
Glam your so funny! Seriously though, you should set more realistic goals, bah to 200lbs, and don't listen to glam's suggestion, thats just silly! Being realistic i'd suggest at least 513lbs with an 20"'er... oh and at least 8'1...

Keep growing mate and don't give up. I don't have a training partner either, I guess you just have to find it within your self to keep giving it your all until you get one...

Marc

#16   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
Keep growing mate and don't give up. I don't have a training partner either, I guess you just have to find it within your self to keep giving it your all until you get one...

Marc
If you don't have a partner, might I suggest http://www.exercisefriends.com/?
  #17   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:04 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
If you don't have a partner, might I suggest http://www.exercisefriends.com/?
Thanks for tip Brent! i'll be sure to check it out

Marc

#18   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:39 PM

please share the link with others.

The site doesn't have a lot of members yet, but I've met local people through it. If people here tell people in other forums about it, and they tell others, then I'm sure you'll start finding local people that could become workout partners. However, I think it's a great idea, and a good site.
  #19   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:15 AM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
timberino,

I think you're lookin' great. Definitely not scrawny.

I don't have much to add that these other guys haven't already said, but I thought I'd throw in my words of agreement. Just keep working out and, slowly but surely, you'll reach your goals. Keep striving to improve -- there's nothing wrong with that -- but along the way try to be happy with where you're at.

As for the body hair, my opinion is that people look best when they go with what nature gave them. If you're hairy, be hairy. It's a sexy, masculine look. Don't mess with it. Wish I was hairier. (In general, trying to fight nature is usually a bad idea, aesthetics-wise. E.g., Michael Jackson started out as a fairly attractive black man, but he wanted to look like -- well, your guess is as good as mine -- and now look at him.)

My thoughts on "bigorexia": It's not a disorder. It's a health-promoting mindset. Anorexia is a disorder because it drives its victims to become weak and unhealthy. "Bigorexia" does the opposite; it drives you to achieve greater size, strength and health. What's so wrong with that? I'm always annoyed when some self-proclaimed expert (e.g. the author of the book "The Adonis Complex") decides that this very natural and widespread male mindset is some kind of problem that must be solved. As long as you're not making yourself miserable with self-loathing over it, or abusing steroids because of it, how could wanting to be and working to be stronger, more muscular, healthier, be a bad thing? It's just a bit of perfectionism applied to your own body, a bit of desire that will motivate you to get into the gym and reap all the benefits of exercise (besides just looks). It seems to me that the much more damaging mindset (prevalent in the US these days) is the acceptance of poor physical condition, of obesity, of general ill health. Power to the bigorexics!

So keep on doin' what you're doin'. You're looking good already. I'm sure you're going to keep getting bigger and buffer as time goes on. (And keep taking pictures, so we can all marvel at the transformation).

Steve
  #20   Add to skinhead30's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2005, 01:25 AM

skinhead30
Send a message via MSN to skinhead30 Send a message via Yahoo to skinhead30
great bod m8 keep going
  #21   Add to loopyrhino2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Gym Mouse

loopyrhino2001
Send a message via Yahoo to loopyrhino2001
Smile

I don't see "scrawny" in your pics, and believe me, I know from scrawny (I'm still there, myself). You are off to a good start, keep it up!
  #22   Add to timberino's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:01 PM

more pics

its not like i've grown or anything...well... i suppose i could've. i just wanted to put better pics. i think they're sexier...sorry... just feeling narcisistic. if nothing else they show my whole body. i'd've attached but they seem huge. hope you like. if anyone feels like morphing them that would be rockin.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/01.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/11.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/10.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/16.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/17.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/31.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/26.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/timberino/6.jpg
  #23   Add to Dotandtheline's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Feel loved

Dotandtheline is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dotandtheline Send a message via Yahoo to Dotandtheline
Oh dear...

Wow! You look great dude! You're really getting big these days. Nice legs too. Keep pumping up, I'm anxious to see where you go.

Cheers,

Waldentheant

Dotandtheline
  #24   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 09:33 PM

You are definitely on the right track, timberino. Keep it up.

Quote:
if anyone feels like morphing them that would be rockin.
OK, here you go -- a little motivation for you. Nothing extreme, just a realistic preview of what you'll look like when you hit 200.
  #25   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:21 PM
On route to freakdom

Hi timberino! Your doing great man! I personally think pic 16 is the best, shows a very strong chest, shoulders and arms development taking place! YOu have also made good use of the sun direction. The only thing i'd say is try to get the person whom is taking the photo to cut some of the background out, as you are the subject so just a bit of background around the edges would be fine.

Excellent progress! Keep growing mate!

Marc

#26   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:42 PM

T, you are coming along very well. Don't sell yourself short, I can notice the difference.
  #27   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2005, 01:14 AM

Quote:
if anyone feels like morphing them that would be rockin.
Well, you asked for 'em, so I decided to do another.

Now I know that once you reach 200 lbs, you won't be satisfied, so I gave you another 25 lbs. or so.

Here's timberino at 225 lbs. (I've got a funny feeling that, in a few years time, you're actually going to get there)
  #28   Add to timberino's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Thank you Mr. Steve

Thank you so much. They look great. I dont know whether you're right about 200 not being enough... if i keep talking to you guys it wont be . I'll put em up on my wall as inspiration though. It loooks like it could be fun.
  #29   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Ha, ha, ha. You're right. If you keep hanging out here, you'll never be big enough. However, that can be a good thing; life's too short to be small!
  #30   Add to weaknobody's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Leo

weaknobody
Send a message via Skype™ to weaknobody
wow! nice pictures
i never figured you were this big by the first ones you posted.
i keep what i said before, i will be REALLY happy when i achieve your development!
good work!
Leo
  #31   Add to djwitko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2005, 09:35 PM

djwitko is on a distinguished road
Talking

Dude, I would love to workout with you, get all hot, sweaty, pumped and fucking grow MAN!!! Getting huge together!!!! Feel each other's swollen muscles, caress, lick.... OH YEAH, I'd be into that. Your one hot stud. Keep it up and I'll keep pumping myself up here in Chicago and we'll hook up. I think we should challenge each other to grow and compare, that would be so hot. Anyone want to challenge and sponsor us two studs to out grow the other!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options