Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:02 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
MGS Story Board Search Form

Hi guys,

(ok this post was from the other thread titled "Content & Purpose of this site", only I think a lot people have stopped reading it due to flaming, so being that this was one of the positive outcomes of that thread, the idea of being able to search stories using keywords, here it is for all to see)

Ok i was looking through the stories for a good story to read when it dawned on me that we can actually search based on a stories title, or terms contained within, already, just by adapting the concatonated address requests in the address bar. Yeah, I know this is stupendously obvious, I dont know why i didnt see it before, but even so its weird how technical solusions just pop out at you sometimes...

So anyway, I have made a very simple HTML form which will allow you to do this. So please download and unzip the HTML page attached and follow the instructions. I would have added it directly into here, only HTML is switched off.

Hope you like it.

Marc

here it is: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/at...achmentid=3114

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 04:24 AM

BB-61 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to BB-61
Marco_ukmus, that's pretty helpful, but it doesn't quite serve as well as a classification system.

For example when I read in overflowingbra.com, I first scan for stories containing mpg "male penis growth" (I still don't know what a female penis is... never mind)

In fact they also have a php page which would list all stories in the archive conatining mpg, and individual pages for each of the story codes such as male -> female transgender or female -> male transgender.

There's a code fo male muscle growth and a code for female muscle growth etc.
  #3   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:08 AM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-61
Marco_ukmus, that's pretty helpful, but it doesn't quite serve as well as a classification system.
Yeah I realize this does not address the full extent of what we were discussing in the other thread, but its a start. Having said that. This alone with short characterized abbreviations would solve the full issue, a bit messy granted, but it would resolve it never-the-less. Of course, like you have mentioned, a classification system for these abbreviations would have to be finalized and aheared to if one is to reap the full benifits of such a scheme. And then theres the issue, as you have highlighted before, of whom would carry out the enormious task of going back through the stories currently on offer to assign such abbreviations... Well, I think enough has been done already, that is, at least until Flexodus is happy to make such changes to the site.

Thanks.

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options