Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Jack LaLanne 1915 - 2011

Quote:
Jack LaLanne, the US exercise and diet guru, has died at the age of 96. He was among the first to popularise weightlifting and his physical fitness techniques ? including the fingertip press-up ? formed the centrepiece of The Jack LaLanne Show, which ran on American television from the 1950s to the 1980s. Long before the age of celebrity exercise videos, LaLanne was telling people how to get fit.
One person on Facebook said: "Imagine the scene now, Jack LaLanne is now training Steve Reeves and the Menzter Brothers under the stewardship of Bob Weider" which I think sums up people's memories very well indeed.

Image of Jack from 1986
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:35 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I trace my muscle obsession directly back to sitting in front of my parents' table top black and white "portable" TV, watching Jack LaLanne in his jumpsuit showing the ladies how to firm up their bosoms.

RIP, Mr. LaLanne!

xoxo

Richard
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:46 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
[COLOR="Wheat"]
Jack was almost an ICON on Los Angeles television many decades ago. In the days of living glorious black and white he and his dog "Happy" would get out in front of an audience and try to show them ways to exercise without a ton of equipment. We would then hear one of Los Angeles Union Organists on a Hammond do an accompaniment of each exercise to give music to the movement. This was in some ways an innovation and it was what led to the music themed exercise programs many others did years later.

I will always love and respect Jack because he never sunk to selling a ton of worthless exercise equipment on infomercials. The only thing he did do was to sell people on the idea of better nutrition in the form of fresh juices and that was not a negative to me.

In an era where one would see some guy who spent many hours in a gym advertising junk with the implication that the junk did it for him, he was a breath of fresh air with integrity.

May you rest in peace Jack and always remember that you got the last laugh! [/COLOR]
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #4   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 25th, 2011, 05:53 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Taiwanese Television has created the following animated news report

I think Taiwan has captured the obesity of the United States very nicely indeed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options