The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
febjr

Card Game

Last edited by febjr; February 11th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ilimzn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:38 AM

ilimzn is on a distinguished road
All nice and fine, but posted in the wrong section.
  #3   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
Well, if it's a true story, it's great! But if it's fiction, it's in the wrong section indeed. but you know, it's possible that it really happened. My dad was strong for his age when he was a teenager and my grandpa would make bets with his drinking friends that my dad could beat them at armwrestling. And he did. So they made some money with it, lol. So yeah, if you tell me it's a real story, I believe ya!
  #4   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
febjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko777 View Post
Well, if it's a true story, it's great! But if it's fiction, it's in the wrong section indeed. but you know, it's possible that it really happened. My dad was strong for his age when he was a teenager and my grandpa would make bets with his drinking friends that my dad could beat them at armwrestling. And he did. So they made some money with it, lol. So yeah, if you tell me it's a real story, I believe ya!
This was a true story. I hit puberty very early, shaved for my first time at 12. Had already been lifting for 3 years at the time of this incident. Most of my dad's friends were couch potatoes so weren't very strong. Mr. Z. lifted for fitness, not strength training per se.

There are a lot of 16 year olds capable of 300+ pound bench presses out there. My local high school has a 300+ bench press club with about 25 kids in it. 5 of them are 16. Heck we had a junior (17 years old) who was benching 400 lbs when I was doing 325. Took me to 18 to make that weight.
  #5   Add to ozmstud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM

ozmstud is on a distinguished road
any pictures of ur awesome physique available man?
  #6   Add to wolverhampton's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM

wolverhampton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by febjr View Post
This was a true story. I hit puberty very early, shaved for my first time at 12. Had already been lifting for 3 years at the time of this incident. Most of my dad's friends were couch potatoes so weren't very strong. Mr. Z. lifted for fitness, not strength training per se.

There are a lot of 16 year olds capable of 300+ pound bench presses out there. My local high school has a 300+ bench press club with about 25 kids in it. 5 of them are 16. Heck we had a junior (17 years old) who was benching 400 lbs when I was doing 325. Took me to 18 to make that weight.
Would be great to hear some of your other experiences in school and reactions of others to you gaining so much muscle size.
  #7   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
febjr

----------------------------

Last edited by febjr; February 11th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.
  #8   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM
febjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverhampton View Post
Would be great to hear some of your other experiences in school and reactions of others to you gaining so much muscle size.
.................................................. ...................

Last edited by febjr; February 11th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
  #9   Add to Aleutrius's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM

Aleutrius is on a distinguished road
So how big are you now, febjr?

If you were that big at 17, you must be massive by now.

Last edited by Aleutrius; February 11th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
  #10   Add to howardbeatman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM

howardbeatman is on a distinguished road
Um, with respect, this belongs in the fiction section. If the site had a wish-fulfillment section, it would belong there. Had your story contained only one too-good-to-be-true component, I would not have bothered with this post. But it contains many of them. Please do not expect all of us to be as credulous as twelve-year-olds.
  #11   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardbeatman View Post
Um, with respect, this belongs in the fiction section. If the site had a wish-fulfillment section, it would belong there. Had your story contained only one too-good-to-be-true component, I would not have bothered with this post. But it contains many of them. Please do not expect all of us to be as credulous as twelve-year-olds.
Heh heh...I was wondering why IVAN didn't improve between his senior year and...er...his second senior year? Then I started thinking about the timeline...

16yo benching 325 by January (sophomore year)

16 (or 17)yo benching 360 by summer (end of sophomore year)

"...The only guy in my school that was stronger than me was a senior named Ivan who was known for his 400 pound bench press. I was benching 325 by that January and by summer had increased that to 360..."
[so far, so good]

17yo kicking butt at the construction site and getting STRONG (summer between sophomore and junior year)

"During the summer between my sophomore and junior years I got a construction job...guys on the crew were po'd that this 17 year old kid could outlift them...Summer was great, but I was anxious to get back to school and see Ivan." [Bummer for Ivan to have to repeat his ENTIRE senior year]

17 yo benching 425 to beat Ivan (junior year right after that kick-ass summer)

"By the time my junior year came around...He was still stuck at 400 pounds...I did 2 reps with 425. Easily beating Ivan. I'd added 65 pounds to my bench that summer."
[impressive for FEBJR...wow, Ivan stuck at 400# for how long? no improvement at all??? Must have been depressed about his grades and not graduating.]

18 yo benching 400

"...we had a junior (17 years old) who was benching 400 lbs when I was doing 325 [at 16]. Took me to 18 to make that weight."
[huh? I'm confused...425 at 17 and 400 at 18? WHAT HAPPENED???]

Just some details I'm curious about. I'm sure they're just typos, right?

[Sorry...I was bored this afternoon]

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options