The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to giantr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM

giantr is on a distinguished road
Time to Come Out of Hiding

So, don't be too surprised that you're seeing a new face here. I've been around for a while, I've just never posted anything because I never really had much to post. But now I am very much in need of your guys' help, because I'm clueless. I may appreciate the male body very much, and I know the basics of bodybuilding, but now that I've had a personal trainer for a while and I'm going to be on my own doing this, I could use some help if you guys are willing, as I said.

So, really my main question centers around dieting. I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs (lol, don't get excited -- 20% body fat). I came down from 270 since two months ago on a diet I'm going to illustrate in a second, but I've been eating basically the same things, and while I am essentially a creature of habit, I was hoping if anybody could tell me some good bodybuilding and fat loss meals. So, yeah, here's what I've been doing:

Breakfast: 2 Large eggs with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on 2 slices of wheat toast, sometimes 1% milk and sometimes the eggs are just egg whites.

(Insert gym session here)

Post-Workout: 1 scoop of GNC protein powder

Lunch (almost immediately following the post-workout): 1 6 oz Chicken breast, with either a dash of barbeque sauce for dipping or in between 2 slices of wheat with a light spread of olive oil mayo and also a medium-sized baked potato, typically with a bit of ketchup.

Snack: One of the following: 1 Fat free Yoplait yogurt, 3 stalks of celery with peanut butter, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, a PBJ sandwich (trainer said it was a great snack, and later I learned Jay Cutler does it too), or 1 apple.

Dinner: 1 lb ground beef with either some ketchup or seasoning, 1 20 oz diet Coke

Snack: One of the previously-mentioned snacks.

So, is that doing good? Keep in mind my goal here is to lose fat but put on muscle. Any sort of advice would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options