The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Site News, Feedback & Suggestions
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Site News, Feedback & Suggestions For discussion related to forum itself, including features, feedback and suggestions.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tautomer4314's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Chemist

tautomer4314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tautomer4314 Send a message via MSN to tautomer4314 Send a message via Yahoo to tautomer4314
News Feed

On a board I used to run, we had a "news feed" that updated every 120 seconds with recent posts and topics. After this was implemented, we found that the activity of the board increased quite a lot. I feel that if this addon was added here, activity would go up more (which is always a good thing), and it would bring topics to individuals attention that they previously would not have noticed. As I ran the administrative side of things, and not the tech aspect, I forget the name of the addon. Nevertheless it exists for vb3.8 and vb4.1 so it can work on here.

Just putting the idea out there

"I know, the void. The void, knows me. It keeps us weak, the void told me."
-Planningtorock (Janine Rostron)
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Just in case you (or anyone else) don't know, there's a "New Posts" link right in the middle of the menu above that gives you anything that's posted since you're last log-on and under "Quick Links" a "Today's Posts" that really gives you posts from today and sometimes yesterday. You can also subscribe to posts and get email notices when they're updated.

Just an FYI
  #3   Add to tautomer4314's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Chemist

tautomer4314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tautomer4314 Send a message via MSN to tautomer4314 Send a message via Yahoo to tautomer4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88 View Post
Just in case you (or anyone else) don't know, there's a "New Posts" link right in the middle of the menu above that gives you anything that's posted since you're last log-on and under "Quick Links" a "Today's Posts" that really gives you posts from today and sometimes yesterday. You can also subscribe to posts and get email notices when they're updated.

Just an FYI
Oh yup I know. Every vb forum has this. This would be in addition to that, and it's more visible.

"I know, the void. The void, knows me. It keeps us weak, the void told me."
-Planningtorock (Janine Rostron)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode