Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to GayDalek's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM

GayDalek is on a distinguished road
Any other Doctor Who fans here?

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan. I was wondering: are there any other muscle-loving Doctor Who fans here? I'll give some of my fans stats below, and I hope you will too:
  • Favorite Episode (Classic Series): The Tomb of the Cybermen
  • Favorite Episode (New Series): The Doctor's Wife
  • Favorite Novel: Alien Bodies, by Lawrence Miles
  • Favorites Big Finish Audio Drama: The Fragile Yellow Arc of Fragrance, by Moris Farhi & Nigel Fairs (not strictly an audio drama, but too damn good not to put here)
  • Favorite Doctor: the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith)
  • Favorite Male Companion: Rory Williams (or should that be Rory Pond?)
  • Sexiest Male Companion: Vislor Turlough
  • Favorite Female Companion: Ace
  • Sexiest Female Companion: I can objectively say that Amy Pond is the sexiest female companion.
  • Spin-off character I would most like to see on TV: Fitz Kreiner, or possibly Frobisher.

Feel free to pick and choose from the above.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to nevertoobig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Grower

nevertoobig
Send a message via AIM to nevertoobig Send a message via MSN to nevertoobig Send a message via Yahoo to nevertoobig
Talking

I was looking at a thread when suddenly a name caught my attention: GayDalek... Another Doctor Who nut here? No way! I'm a member of this forum for ten years now but I have never discussed this secret obsession here. Which is funny. Everybody who knows me in real life knows about my Doctor Who hobby, but not about the muscle obsession... Here it's the other way around. I've been watching Doctor Who for 5 years now and I'm currently doing a project to watch all the episodes in the right order. Yes, also the reconstructions. I've just watched episode 160: The Faceless Ones part 3.
And for your little list:

- Favorite Episode (Classic Series): Tomb of the Cybermen, The Robots of Death or Ghost Light. 3 completely different era's
- Favorite Episode (New Series): The Girl in the Fireplace
- Favorite Novel: World Game, by Terrance Dicks (haven't read many original novels)
- Favorites Big Finish Audio Drama: The Holy Terror
- Favorite Doctor: Awful question. I love Tom Baker's humour, Jon Pertwee's outfits and William Hartnell's mannerisms
- Favorite Male Companion: Harry Sullivan (great lines)
- Sexiest Male Companion: Jamie McCrimmon
- Favorite Female Companion: Sarah Jane Smith
- Sexiest Female Companion: Probably Amy Pond
- Spin-off character I would most like to see on TV: Frobisher, but that would probably end up as a horrible CGI pinguin. So let's take Hex. Played by the same actor, in a spandex suit or something
  #3   Add to nevertoobig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Grower

nevertoobig
Send a message via AIM to nevertoobig Send a message via MSN to nevertoobig Send a message via Yahoo to nevertoobig
To make myself clear. This is Philip Olivier who plays Hex:

http://www.theboys.cn/../indexes/images/underwe...pOlivier34.jpg
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I'm been a Who fan all my life, and so has my partner Rob! Too funny. We love Torch Wood too!
  #5   Add to GayDalek's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoobig View Post
To make myself clear. This is Philip Olivier who plays Hex:

http://www.theboys.cn/../indexes/images/underwe...pOlivier34.jpg
Holy fricking crap man, where did you find that picture!? I'll deffinitly be keeping that in mind next time I listen to a Hex story.
  #6   Add to nevertoobig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Grower

nevertoobig
Just try his name on Google. There are more pictures. He's a model as well as an actor. Although I hate the accent he uses as Hex.
  #7   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I've only seen some of the Chris Eccestone and David Tenant era shows and most of the current Matt Smith ones so I don't have a huge backlog of shows to decide favorite Dr. Rory is the only longish term male companion I've seen before but it's a toss up between Amy Pond (I'll be honest, I looked like cartoon wolf with my tongue on the floor when she appeared in that police uniform!) and Martha Jones for sexiest, although I do think that River Song isn't too bad either in a bad girl sort of way.
  #8   Add to drew's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Freak Under Construction!

drew is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to drew Send a message via Yahoo to drew
Favorite Episode (Classic Series): The Key to Time (series)
Favorite Episode (New Series): The Doctor's Wife
Favorite Doctor: the fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) -- although I love Tenant and remember having a crush on Peter Davison as a kid lol.
Favorite Male Companion: Rory Williams (The Brigadeer)
Sexiest Male Companion: Capt Jack Harkness of course!
Favorite Female Companion: Donna Noble
Sexiest Female Companion: Probably Romana overall, but Amy definitely from an Attitude standpoint.
Spin-off character I would most like to see on TV: The Dr's daughter or perhaps River Song.

Did anyone happen to notice that Starz will be debuting a new series of Torchwood in July?
  #9   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:25 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
I've only seen some of the Chris Eccestone and David Tenant era shows and most of the current Matt Smith ones so I don't have a huge backlog of shows to decide favorite Dr. Rory is the only longish term male companion I've seen before but it's a toss up between Amy Pond (I'll be honest, I looked like cartoon wolf with my tongue on the floor when she appeared in that police uniform!) and Martha Jones for sexiest, although I do think that River Song isn't too bad either in a bad girl sort of way.
I would not class myself as a "fan", but having been asked loads of questions about Doctor Who (during my stint as the Doctor on Doctor Who Online), I think I can answer this question quite happily. (For the purposes of this question, companion indicates a person who has travelled in the TARDIS)

The Doctor has had the following male companions: Ian Chesterton, Steven Taylor, Ben Jackson, Jamie McCrimmon, Brigadier Leithbridge Stewart, Sargeant John Benton, Doctor Harry Sullivan, Adric, Adam Mitchell, Captain Jack Harkness, Mickey Smith, Wilfrid Mott, Rory Williams. Of these Jamie McCrimmon appeared in 20 televised stories by comparsion Rory has appeared in 14 televised stories.
  #10   Add to GayDalek's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoobig View Post
Just try his name on Google. There are more pictures. He's a model as well as an actor. Although I hate the accent he uses as Hex.
I think his Hex accent is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Spin-off character I would most like to see on TV: The Dr's daughter or perhaps River Song.
I don't think you quite understood the point of this one. The question is "What spin-off character who has never been shown on TV would you most like to see on TV?"

To CelticMuscle: How could I have forgotten about Wilf?! He's defiantly my favorite male companion.

Also, a new category I just thought of now: Favorite Absolutely God-Awful Story: The Horns of Nimon (MY DREAMS OF CONQUEST!!!!!!!!!!).
  #11   Add to nevertoobig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Grower

nevertoobig
To compare: Jamie McCrimmon was in 110 episodes (of 25 minutes), Rory in 14 episodes (of 45 minutes).

Most Godawful episode? I watched The Monster of Peladon recently, what a horrible story.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options