The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Senryo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Giant Muscle!

Senryo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Senryo Send a message via Skype™ to Senryo
Help! Working out issue...

I don't know if this is the right area or not but here goes nothing...

I've been born with a skin disease caleed eczema which irriates my skin and causes itchiness based on outside triggers. One of these triggers is sweating. I always wanted to workout and get big but my whenever my skin sweats I feel extermely uncomfortable and itchy espcially my face. Is there anything I can do to help allievate or reduce the amount that I sweat? Are there certain workouts that don't require intense sweating?

Any help in this area would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bara's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Bodybuilding beginner.

bara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bara Send a message via Yahoo to bara
well, you can workout in a cool place so you don't sweat.
because sweating is not nessacery to get big.

hope u all the best
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Do just weights. Cardio causes your heart rate to increase, and that causes your core temp to raise. Skip the cardio, and do sets of 4 to 8 max, with long rests. It might make your muscles a bit bigger & bulkier than is popular right now, but it's what you have to work with. Also, oxygenate your blood, I recommend cordyceps.
  #4   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
Is it the act of sweating, or just the sweat staying on your skin, that causes the problems? If it's the former, I'm not sure what to tell you (as most real working out will involve at least a little bit of sweat), but if it's the latter, I'd recommend keeping a sweat towel with you for exposed skin, wearing sweat-absorbing clothing, and also keeping a bottle of water handy for doing a more thorough removal of sweat from your face.
  #5   Add to Senryo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Giant Muscle!

Senryo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Senryo Send a message via Skype™ to Senryo
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! I'll lay off cardio for know and focus on weights in a cool room. The sweat staying on my skin causes severe itchiness so I'll carry a sweat towel and wear sweat absorbing clothing as suggested.
  #6   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senryo View Post
I don't know if this is the right area or not but here goes nothing...

I've been born with a skin disease caleed eczema which irriates my skin and causes itchiness based on outside triggers. One of these triggers is sweating. I always wanted to workout and get big but my whenever my skin sweats I feel extermely uncomfortable and itchy espcially my face. Is there anything I can do to help allievate or reduce the amount that I sweat? Are there certain workouts that don't require intense sweating?

Any help in this area would be appreciated.

Your skin condition is very common. I also have it and in my case it developed in later years.

Experiments:
There are a great number of complications in using the word sweat. Sweat in and of itself is a cooling system for the body, and both cardio and resistance training will if done properly under the right circumstances cause your body to do this. It is in fact necessary and sweat can save your life. Having found myself a victim of "heat exhaustion" in 1991 and nearly dying trying to rescue a '58 Impala from an Irrigated bean field with an ambient air temperature of 101 in August near Turlock, CA I can speak from experience about what happens when you don't sweat.

1. If your skin condition was from sweat itself you would have major problems from the act of bathing. You probably already use special soaps for this because of what you are dealing with, but, again the sweat itself should not be the issue because that is simply water and salts.

In your experience when you have the most problems you need to really examine some things. When you have problems are they from sweat during the times you are dressed? If this is the case the sweat may not be the issue, the problem could be the cleaning agent for the clothing.

I have problems from the salts and this is complicated by the fact that I am an extremely hairy individual. My chest, back and shoulders have a coating of hair so considering that this is the case, you can imagine what I tolerate on occasion. The worst for me is non ventilated vinyl or leather auto upholstery when first entering a car or truck or the lag time before the A/C cools the interior enough to stop the process. My back is of particular note because the combination of the hair and salts under that one single circumstance can be a problem beyond imagination. The salts tend to hold at the base of the root of the hair or the follicle and do not wash off as easily as one would think. If you are very prone to have more problems in areas with hair this is something we may share. There are solutions.

Remember that mis-diagnoses happen all the time and your skin condition like mine may not be typical. Normally people think of allergic reactions as one of several forms of rash, hives, or similar break outs. An allergic reaction can also be demonstrated by dry itchy flaking skin. This is far more rare, but it does happen.

Do some more research on this one and get back to me. I have had this since my teens and I have learned to work with it for many decades.

Hope to help.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options