The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 2.93 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
my growth journey (work in progress)

I've mainly been a lurker here for a little over a year, but recently I've started interacting more around here and I'm finding it to be a good source of motivation. So now I've decided to share my own story.

I've always had a sort of natural sturdy build. People have told me I have broad shoulder and big arms, though I never saw that on myself. Despite having a large build, I've been really out of shape for years. I weighed 255 lbs but it was mostly fat and little muscle. Around the end of 2007 my diet wound up shifting dramatically. It was basically accidental. I was living in an apartment with friends by my college, so we were very poor. I worked at a school dining hall so that was my source for meals. I basically decided to just eat healthy so my diet became mostly grilled chicken, fruits, and vegetables. I droped around 55 lbs by the summer of '08. During this time I began working out more often, and people were starting to comment on my weight loss. Unfortunately, life took a bad turn. I had to move out of my apartment due to money issues and back in with my parents. Became unemployed and so on, so I basically quit everything. diet went to hell, and I didn't exercise. I put all the weight on and then some. I was around 270 lbs and I could see in pictures of myself that it was looking gross.

Recently, I've been slowly getting back into the swing of things. Began running every day. Over the past couple weeks I've been slowly incorporating a work out routine. I have dumbells and my uncle next door has a home gym in his garage so I'm getting into working out 5 days a week. The next step i'm about to take is getting my diet under control. I'm basically going to adopt the diet I had in 2008. Maybe not that strict, but close to it. It worked then, so it should work now. Think i've lost around 10 lbs so far. I tend to not weigh myself consistently cuz it distracts me from being motivated.

I was still struggling with motivation, and over this past week I've found a couple new sources for it. One of my friends who lived with me in 2008 has really transformed himself. he weighed more than me in 2008 and now he's lost around 90 lbs and is becoming pretty ripped. Back in 2008 he commented that he needs to start getting in shape like I was, so now that he has it's pushing me to get with it. Also, in coming here more often and beginning to chat with people, I've discovered a different kind of motivation. So I'm hoping to start making changes for the better now.

I'd like to continue sharing my story on this forum. I think it'll really help me out. Below are some older photos from how I changed back in '07-'08

These are from around Feb 2007:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9422/1001758y.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1526/1001755u.jpg

And these are from Summer of 2008:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6051/metough.jpg
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/115/gunsh.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5025/pict0047n.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6219/pict0044l.jpg

That's about all for now. Obviously since I went downhill from that point I don't have pics really from then until now, but hopefully as I change I'll take newer pics to show. As of now I'd say I look like the 2007 pics just a bit broader cuz my muscles didn't really shrink much.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully one day I'll have my own successful transformation story
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:50 PM
growing muscle guy

okay I wanted to share an update cuz I realize my first post is all good and well, but it is using shots from 3 years ago so it's like who cares?

Wanted to update how my arms are coming along.

I lack a good flexing pic of the arms in the last few months, but truthfully, as I mentioned above, I didn't work out barely any since this 2008 shot...

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5025/pict0047n.jpg

so there's been no change in muscle over the past few years from that pic

Now I began running every day a little over a month ago and I also started doing some basic pushups daily just to start getting my muscles used to moving. I then incorporated a workout routine and this week I started a full force workout. Today I tried on an old shirt and decided to see if I flexed if there was any difference. Here's today's pic...

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4046/armjul2011.jpg

what do you think?

got a ways to go of course but for the first time in a long while I'm noticing actual changes. should only get better from here.

(and now this post actually contains current information lol)
The Following User Says Thank You to dodoria21 For This Useful Post:
19musclefan (April 11th, 2014)
  #3   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM
growing muscle guy

i've noticed this thread is getting a bit of views so I'll keep updating.

started my 4th week of serious working out today. I've gotten into an upper body routine. 4 sets each exercise with the weight increasing by ten and the reps decreasing with each set. Been noticing some progress and the max weights are starting to increase.

today I experienced my first real reactions to my progress. a couple of 18 year olds were around as I was working out. they're real fit but have the lean build. I noticed them staring a couple of times, and after I was done working out, they did some dips on the home gym randomly. Later an ex-bodybuilder we know was over working out. I saw him doing a tricep exercise I don't do. asked him about it and he had me try it out to get me used to it. he commented on how much my tri's bulged as I did the exercise.

Really cool things to experience. makes me excited for the workout tomorrow
  #4   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your progress thus far. It sounds like others are definitely noticing your training and results. Keep learning from veterans. Pick out what works for you and ignore that which doesn't. Good luck and keep it up!
  #5   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:42 PM
growing muscle guy

bit of an update:

things are continuing to progress nicely. I've fully settled into my diet/supplement regime. I cheat here and there a bit, but I feel I need to in order to not lose it completely. Life's been a little hectic lately, so I haven't run as regularly as I was, but haven't missed a workout. Each day I make a bit more progress, be it a max weight increasing or noticing an exercise gets a bit easier. My routine thus far has been 9 exercises that cover all upper body. Each exercise has 4 sets with 12, 10, 8, and 6 reps respectively as the weight increases by 10 with each set. This is set to change up some as different exercises will be incorporated and then I'll start switching some out on certain days and seeing what works. I don't workout the legs that much now cuz I have always liked how they looked, but I am going to start doing squats more regularly, and the running helps of course.

one of the 18 year olds I mentioned above is down for a visit again. he's my cousin's boyfriend. last time he was down we never worked out at the same time. I did hear from my little 6 year old cousin that he could lift more than me. Well, this time around we did work out together. Don't know what he did last time, but I am definitely the one lifting heavier weights. Plus, his form and knowledge of different exercises was extremely lacking, so I found myself becoming a teacher in ways to him. That was really cool, sounding and acting like I actually know what I'm talking about when it comes to this, LOL.

in terms of muscle growth (the point of all this right?), I'm noticing my traps are showing more and my biceps are rounding out ever so slightly. And I feel like I'm seeing more shape coming to my chest and my stomach is beginning to become flatter. Also various tasks are becoming easier to accomplish. My little cousin is at the age where he's acknowledging muscle, so he's been testing my strength out a lot out of curiosity. This has led to me throwing him as high as I can in the pool and lifting him up with one arm. Gotta say I enjoy all that too.

So that's how the last week has been. More and more I am enjoying these changes and I can't fathom ever stopping now. I'll close with a more recent pic of my arms:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/231/armso.jpg
  #6   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:08 AM
MASS Matters

You are progressing nicely. Glad to hear that you are becoming someone else's mentor. Expect more challenges from the 6-year old as your progress continues....he'll want to see just how strong those big muscles of yours really are!
  #7   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2011, 11:59 AM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Looking forward to more updates. What are your stats now?

I'm an actor, writer, director, security guard, who works out, and who lives near Toronto, Canada.
  #8   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
growing muscle guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGordon View Post
Looking forward to more updates. What are your stats now?
Haven't measured everything cuz I want to lose some more fat before measuring all the muscle groups. Here's what I have so far.

Height - 6'1"
Weight - 245lbs (down from 255 a month ago)
Waist - 38"
Arms - 16.5" (was 15" a few months ago before I began)

The rest I'll get more into measuring as more results pour in.

I'm about to leave today to go house/dog sit for a friend for a week, so I won't have access to my uncle's home gym. I figure I will make it mostly a recovery week. Gonna do some basic homemade workouts while I'm there but nothing crazy. It's been over a month since I began the hardcore workouts so I figure a break now isn't that bad.

On the plus side, I was working out my triceps today and my uncle was holding my back steady so I could work them out properly. he was like "damn kid your tri's are bulging like crazy!" Arms definitely feel on fire now. Feels great. Will definitely be doing some chair dips while away to keep them working heh.

That's it for now. Thanks for the continued interest and comments. Really helps keep me motivated.
  #9   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:18 PM
MASS Matters

Good progress, bud. Take a break from the gym but do some of the at-home exercises as you mentioned. Push-ups are also great. Slow and steady
  #10   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM
growing muscle guy

Just a tiny update -

The break was okay, but I missed my normal workouts. Unfortunately, when I got back, I got a little careless and worked out at the same intensity as before I left. I felt a strain in my lower back a week ago, so I stopped. It was just a strain. Didn't pull anything, so I'm thankful for that. By this past Tuesday, I was able to do light workouts with no problem, and that's what I've been doing. Starting Monday, the routine's getting switched up a bit. Mondays and Thursdays will be Back & Biceps. Tuesdays and Fridays will be Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. Wednesdays will be legs. It will be a mix of using the home gym and the dumbells. Also on Monday I'll be starting a cycle of Jack3d. I invested in a workout belt now so my back will have the support it needs, so hopefully no more setbacks, and in a few weeks I'll hopefully snap some pics to show an update on the progress. Thanks for the continued support!
  #11   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
growing muscle guy

picture update!

Did chest, shoulders, and triceps today. After I was done decided to snap some pics. camera died so I just got a few. Had a great pump going. Felt awesome. here they are!

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9...httriceps2.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6956/rightarm2.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8016/lefttriceps.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6694/leftarm.jpg

oh, and don't mind me. I obviously can't tell my right from left LOL. i blame the mirror haha.

Tomorrow is my first true leg workout. both nervous and excited for that

Last edited by dodoria21; September 24th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
  #12   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
Sweet!!! Awesome progress, very nice guns and tri's they're looking solid too bro!

yahoo: storyen
  #13   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
growing muscle guy

new update:

finishing up second week on jack3d. I've definitely felt the difference in the workouts. I haven't gotten this sort of caffeine buzz people talk about, but then I know I have a high tolerance for that. In terms of energy and being able to push harder I have definitely seen improvement. I'm down to 236lbs which means I've hit the 40lb loss mark. And this is since early June! I'm definitely happy about that.

I wanted to show you guys what equipment I'm using, so here's a couple pics of the home gym:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8474/p1000010v.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4060/p1000011h.jpg

And the dumbbells of course. Heaviest ones are 35s, and methinks I need to invest in a heavier pair pretty soon lol...

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8903/p1000013r.jpg

Now for an action shot doing a concentrated bicep curl. The shot I got of the left arm came out bad so gotta be content with just the right arm.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5...ghtarmcurl.png

And last, but not least, I measured my arms after the workout. They're past 16.5" now. 17" guns here I come!!!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8306/measuring.jpg

Definitely worn out now and I'll be feeling this workout come morning. Will rest up over the weekend and next workout is monday. Can't wait for more results to come! Til the next update...
  #14   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
Holy crap, that's hot! Love the pics and DAMN nice home gym! I think your home gym has more than my apartment gym .

yahoo: storyen
  #15   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM
growing muscle guy

wanted to give a small update:

the last two weeks have been pretty awesome. Maybe it's the jack3d or maybe i'm just really hitting my stride, but I feel like my energy has been crazy high lately. I go into my workouts now so pumped and I feel like I can go for hours. I'm switching things up a bit. Still got the same routine in terms of what muscle groups I'm hitting each day, but I am swapping in and out certain exercises so that my muscles have to keep guessing what I'm gonna have them do next. Today I got a new toy:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5...bbellbench.jpg

That has become a BIG help in dumbbell exercises. Now there's even more moves I can do, and I did a few of them today and I have to say my little home gym in my uncle's garage is damn near ideal now for what I'm doing.

Outside of the workouts, I'm really starting to feel my strength increase. Up until now, sure I noticed things were easier, but I couldn't say I really felt stronger. Now I can really tell just as I walk around that there's a lot more strength in me and that's really been raising my confidence in not just workouts, but life in general, which is something I've sorely needed after the last couple years.

I'm also seeing more definition come in all around which is always exciting. I'm becoming more talkative about it with family and friends. Before outside of you guys here only my close family even knew I was working out. Now I'm airing it out on facebook and talking to other friends about it, and getting support from them which is really great.

Of course I know pictures are what most look for, so I won't dissapoint. Snapped a few today and decided to finally take the shirt off to show my chest and back. My midsection was always the source of my insecurity so that's why I wouldn't show it before, but as I said my confidence is rising. I still got a ways to go, but I'm fine with showing myself without a shirt. So here's some updated pics of me:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4939/bicepsi.jpg

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7996/armssept.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3522/chestx.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6113/backyeg.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5926/back2ch.jpg

From this point on I'm gonna be trying some supersets during my workouts. I dabbled in a few this week. Nothing crazy because I'm always mindful not to hurt myself again. So we'll see how those work into the routine over the next few weeks. My short term goal is to lose enough fat by winter so that I'm comfortable and ready to start a bulking phase.

As always, thanks for your comments and support. Here's to more growing! Peace

Last edited by dodoria21; September 24th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
  #16   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:20 PM
MASS Matters

Good progress, big guy....your chest and back shots show what incredible potential you have. You are so THICK! Keep it up and change your routine around a little to keep your muscles guessing. Well done.
  #17   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2011, 01:51 PM
growing muscle guy

my next hurdle has arrived: wrists

a couple weeks back my wrists began having some issues with pain after a hard workout. I knew it was likely that they were too weak to lift the weights I was moving up to, so I invested in wrists straps, and it did the trick a bit, but not fully. My right wrist is good, but the left one is starting to have a pain now whenever I bend it certain ways. I always rest on the weekends, so I'm going to see how that helps, and I'll keep heat on my wrists a lot. Next week I'm going to lighten up on the weight and cut out some moves that put too much stress on my wrists. I'll also do some wrist curls, which I have been doing, but I'll put more focus on that and other exercises for the wrists and forearms. If the pain persists, I'll just take a full week off. Not something I want to do, but I'd rather not cause any damage to my wrist and have to stop workouts for weeks. I can still do cardio and core work so if I have to take a week off, I'll focus on that. I need to lose the rest of this fat anyway so a more intense cardio week may be helpful anyway.

and lest I make a post without a little update on how I'm looking...

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7034/bis9272.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9250/back2923.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5616/mm927.jpg

hopefully next week's lightened routine will do the trick! any other tips you guys who lift have who may have encountered the weak wrist issue would be greatly appreciated as well. I've read a few articles and posts on other forums about it, but never hurts to hear more tips. peace.
  #18   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
growing muscle guy

been awhile, so here's an update:

happy to say the wrist issue wasn't an issue for long. I lightened up the weights and did more moves to work on the wrists. The pain had gone and hasn't been back. Also, my forearms grew a half an inch since then, and I am definitely noticing the muscle there has gotten pretty hard. Also seeing the beginnings of the veins showing

Since I was taking things easier, I wouldn't say there's been huge changes in terms of muscle growth, but I am noticing little things. Since I'm doing more cardio i'm noticing my waist is trimmer. Others have commented on that too. I've noticed the shoulders are filling out shirts a bit more. The other day I bent over to pick something else and placed my hand on my thigh to steady myself and I noticed the quad was getting harder. So bit by bit things are falling into place. I started picking the workout intensity back up with pyramid sets and some supersets. Getting a bit more burn than I was while I was focused on the wrists.

here's a few pics, including (finally) some leg shots, and an updated shot of me in the shirt I want to hulk out of someday. since i've lost more weight, I noticed it was a lot easier buttoning it up, which did make me feel really good. Going to stay on this pace for the next couple weeks, take a week off for thanksgiving, then really step things up a notch. Winter is coming which is a prime season to sculpt out a good look for the next summer!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9530/p1000076p.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5881/p1000077v.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8650/p1000078m.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8537/p1000081.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5156/p1000083tp.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5839/p1000092y.jpg
ThickRick (April 2nd, 2014)
  #19   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Looking great. Keep up the work.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #20   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
You will hulk out soon.

I'm an actor, writer, director, security guard, who works out, and who lives near Toronto, Canada.
  #21   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2011, 03:42 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Looks like you don't have far to go before that shirt becomes a rag! Go for it! Keep up the good work!

Mdlftr
  #22   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
growing muscle guy

Lightbulb

Been quite awhile, so here's an update.

Took a break over thanksgiving. Started a new routine afterwards that goes like this:

Mondays - back
Tuesdays - shoulders
Wednesdays - abs & legs
Thursdays - chest
Fridays - arms

I also started a cycle on no-xplode, volumaize, and cellmass. So far I've been liking it. I've really been noticing an increase in strength lately. Also while I'm not fully seeing growth, I have noticed that my muscles are getting harder, which is so awesome.

Additionally, more people are taking notice. I went to visit a friend last week, and her first response was "sexy" lol. And my uncle recently said "your getting real big"

So things are still going great. Now for pics. My camera is dead but I have an iPhone now so I snapped a couple pics during my workout today.

http://img840.imageshack.us/i/imagewvl.jpg/

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/imagejdrt.jpg/

So that's it for now. Again, thanks for all the comments. I've come to really enjoy sharing my journey here. Also, feel free to message me here or on yahoo if you want to chat about working out or muscle or whatever. This place has really become a source of great motivation for me. Thanks again!
  #23   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:34 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
You have some big guns dodoria! They appear to be stretching the fabric a bit on your shirt/jacket. In a few more months, that shirt may be tight on those pipes.

I just remembered who you were. Your transformation is remarkable and your gains are coming quickly. You aren't even a year from your base pic yet and you have lost a considerable amount of weight and yet you are showing such incredible progress. Congrats!
  #24   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:46 AM
MASS Matters

I agree with raven79. Am glad to see you posting again. Keep it up, big guy.
  #25   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
growing muscle guy

awesome update for you guys!

I've really been hitting my stride lately. Workouts have been going amazing. Great pumps and great gains. I haven't done a whole lot of measuring, but I did check a few things. Chest grew an inch. Shoulders grew an inch and a half. Arms are still maintaining their size, but that's okay, because my strength has been skyrocketing it seems.

I maxed out my uncle's home cable gym for the first time this past monday. Magic number is 210lbs. The winning move? Seated rows. I'm real psyched about that. I've also acquired a pair of 45# and 50# dbells, which i'm glad to say are being used quite a lot.

I'm also noticing muscles getting harder and more developed. I can feel my upper pecs now when I flex. Shoulders been feeling real great too. Overall, I feel great.

I'm going out of town later this month. Luckily, it coincides with when I wanted to take a rest week. When I get back, I'm joining a local gym. Maxing out the home gym was the goal I wanted to reach before graduating out of my uncle's garage. Now I'm ready to hit the gym with all the rest and really get to growing big and strong. 2012 is the year of muscle for me and I'm off to a great start.

Now some pics...

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1179/bicep22.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6486/chestne.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3917/me22k.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5200/trapsi.jpg

thanks for the continued support guys! the short term goal now is me hanging around shirtless this summer
  #26   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoria21 View Post
awesome update for you guys!

I've really been hitting my stride lately. Workouts have been going amazing. Great pumps and great gains. I haven't done a whole lot of measuring, but I did check a few things. Chest grew an inch. Shoulders grew an inch and a half. Arms are still maintaining their size, but that's okay, because my strength has been skyrocketing it seems.

Now some pics...

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1179/bicep22.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6486/chestne.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3917/me22k.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5200/trapsi.jpg

thanks for the continued support guys! the short term goal now is me hanging around shirtless this summer
Well done! Good progress...glad to hear you're upgrading to a local gym. Keep it up and get ready to shock some folks when you're shirtless this summer!
  #27   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:44 PM
growing muscle guy

wanted to do a little update to let you guys know i'm not slacking:

had a vacation week in Florida the last week of February. It was nice. Good to get away. I still worked out while gone, but was limited to what I could do. I intended for it to be a recovery week anyway, but I was getting antsy not doing anything, so light workouts did the trick.

Got back into town February 29, and on March 1, I went to my local gym and signed up. It's really nice there. They're not a big commercial gym, which is great for me. Locally owned. I actually do know the owner. Her ex sister in law goes out with my uncle. I also know the owner's ex-husband pretty well too. He is the ex-bb I believe I've mentioned earlier in this thread that helped give me a basic starter routine when I began this journey. Those two have a son who also helps run the gym. He's around my age, and from what I've seen, is quite a beast. So in ways, this gym was meant for me to eventually join. It has everything I could want. Plenty of machines and free weights. I tend to go late morning, and it's not that crowded. Have noticed some guys around my age there working out. I always have my earphones in so the most I've done is given a friendly nod here and there. I've noticed a couple glances in my direction though at times while I'm doing work. In the past, this would make me self-conscious. Now, it gives me an extra push to bust out the reps and show what I can do. I also enjoy the mirrors there. After working out awhile, I am noticing how I start looking pumped up and swolen. Even noticing veins in my arm starting to pulsate heheh.

all in all, I am loving it. still doing my 5 day split of back, shoulders, legs/abs, chest, and arms. now with all the variety of things I have at my disposal, I'm able to switch in and out various moves to really promote that muscle confusion and keep them growing. I'm hungrier than ever to get bigger and stronger.

No pics this time, unfortunately. Last week I sort of took it easy as I got used to being in a gym. this week I'm hitting it harder, and once I'm done with the week I'll take some pics and measurements and see what's what. I'll also try to snap some pics of the gym so you guys can get a look at what I'm working with.

until then, gonna keep hitting it hard. gonna be hulking out in no time!
  #28   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
MASS Matters

Glad to get an update from you, big guy. This does sound like a great environment for you. Being somewhat new to the game, look for opportunities to learn from others (who appear knowledgeable). I would encourage you to chat up the owner's son and maybe even some of the others your age who you see regularly--even if just for an occasional spot. Good luck and keep us posted.
  #29   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:56 PM
growing muscle guy

quick update!!!

this week is going great so far. today was legs and abs. First time I did legs in the gym. First time doing things like leg presses, leg extensions, etc. I'm glad to say I vastly underestimated my strength in my legs. I decided on leg press to start at 230 which is a bit over my body weight. It was SO easy! I wound up working up to 410lbs, and I still got out 12 reps at that, so probably could've kept going, but my legs were tired cuz I did a few sets trying to figure out how heavy I could go. I sold myself short on the calf raises too. I figured since I started too light on leg press, I'd start calf raises at 270. Again, way too easy. Wound up at 450lbs. I think there's only room for one more plate on each side, which would be 540. Didn't try it, but I guess I could! So I wound up pretty stoked discovering my legs are not that shabby

managed to snap some pics of the gym. I wanted to share where I am working out now.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5135/imagedqnm.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9415/imageidq.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6348/imageubu.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5663/imagezmc.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9997/imageebal.jpg

i definitely love this place. tomorrow is chest day, which means some bench press. I'm not sure how heavy I can go on that yet. Right now I'm staying at 135 until I train my arms on keeping the bar steady for smooth, clean reps. Right now they aren't used to holding the bar yet.

pics to come over the weekend!
  #30   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2012, 10:05 PM
The Insatiable Poster

That looks like a great place dodoria! It is always good to work out someplace comfortable and this place fits the part! Good luck!
  #31   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
growing muscle guy

awesome awesome arms workout today! I was freaking pumped as hell. arms looked beastly. veins were pulsating, even up along my shoulder! first time i've seen the vein up there. Needless to say, I'm feeling great right now. I should've brought measuring tape to see how pumped my arms got. by the time I got home, they were JUST under 16.5, but I could tell the pump had gone down some, so I know they were over 16.5 at the gym, maybe closing in on 17??? heheh...

heading into a couple of rest days now before the next week starts. loving this more and more. there seems to be no end to how eager I get for the next workout. I'm hooked!

so I promised some pics... first a few I snapped at the gym today of the arm pump...

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1782/imagejvq.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4008/imageiul.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5263/imagekta.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8401/imagejtk.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5167/imageuac.jpg

then snapped some more after I got home...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9296/mm31012.jpg
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5641/biceps31012.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6166/chest31012.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9581/back31012.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3571/back231012.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2669/legs31012.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/193/legs231012.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8770/legs331012.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6486/legs431012.jpg

haha I got camera happy today. feeling good about myself. It was a year ago this weekend that I was at my lowest. Feeling fat, ugly, and disgusting. To see where I'm at now is a huge boost.

I think I'm gonna start posting more on this thread. Discuss the workouts more when I do them and share in more detail what I'm doing to make this change. As always, I appreciate you guys here. Til the next time! Keep on pumping!
  #32   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2012, 09:08 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Ahh.....a Scarlet Knight are we dodoria? Amazing school and I will miss seeing my Mountaineers play them!

Anyway, your body has the capability to become something special and I am anxious to see where you go from here on!
  #33   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:43 AM
growing muscle guy

Haha yes guess we be rivals then raven. Heheh. Your team has a knack for causing me grief lol.

Kidding aside, thanks for the compliment. I too am looking forward to what I change my body into. It's been an awesome journey so far. And it's bound to get better and better
  #34   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM
growing muscle guy

had an amazing back workout today! I am fully used to the gym and the equipment I have to work with, so this week I am not holding anything back. Gonna work my ass off. Back was feeling tight. Arms worn out from pulling the weights. Ended with some dumbbell deadlifts. I've mentioned in the past how I'm taking it easy with deadlifts cuz I've hurt my lower back in the past. Well, today I stepped it up a bit, and it felt awesome! Back was just fine, and I was left winded from how much work I was doing. I left the gym feeling GREAT.

had to snap a couple pics of the back a little while after I got home. I suppose the pump went down, but I feel like I'm looking pretty thick back there. what do you think?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4951/p1000251v.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1073/p1000253m.jpg

tomorrow is shoulders and traps. can't wait! Gonna get PUMPED!
  #35   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM
The Insatiable Poster

He he, you have a pattern of hair on your back that I find quite cute!

Anyway, you are going to be one sexy guy dodoria when you get going!
  #36   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM
growing muscle guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven79 View Post
He he, you have a pattern of hair on your back that I find quite cute!
haha really? i'm not a fan of my back hair myself. I think it looks better on camera than in person actually. In any case, I'm probably gonna have it removed before the summer, so enjoy while it lasts!
  #37   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
The Insatiable Poster

I know, I was just being goofy dodoria! There aren't many guys that can pull off the back hair thing!
  #38   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
growing muscle guy

man, i'm freaking STOKED today!

last workout day of the week, and it was arms. I save the best for last, and today, finally, I got my arms pumped to 17"!!!

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9824/imagedyyf.jpg

too bad the camera can't capture the veins pulsating clearly, cuz my veins were definitely popping towards the end. and I don't think I was imagining glances being shot in my direction either. On the way out, the guy behind the desk said "good work today".

so to say I'm pumped up and feeling good is an understatement. I'm flying high today and really starting to feel like one of the "big guys"

heading into my two rest days, then starting tuesday I will be starting a cycle of a new pre workout supplement for me: Hemo Rage Ultra Concentrate. From what I hear, this stuff is INTENSE. I did Jack3d last summer, and No-Xplode back in the dead of winter. Enjoyed both. Looking forward to trying this stuff out.

til the next time! 17"!!! WOOO!
  #39   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2012, 10:06 PM
The Insatiable Poster

He he, it is always nice to see a competition going on on this forum.

You and Niko are really going to have us going it looks like for awhile. Pump those arms and make us proud Scarlet Knight.
  #40   Add to worshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM

worshipper is on a distinguished road
Hot, a competition between two, big strapping he-men, though I think Niko's arms are 18" now @ over 230 lb's.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options