The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM

Bear89 is on a distinguished road
The day that made you want to grow?!

Does anyone on here remember a specifc event or time that set you or someone you know on thier way towards muscle growth?

I remember mine very clearly.

I had been working out and wanting to grow for awhile. But there was a final straw. One day I was out with my entire family, I had just come home from my first year of college and we were celebrating me coming back. I think it was like a Texas Roadhouse or something. Anyway there 5 HUGE guys came in, looked like football players, probably a defensive line cause they werent just big and fat, they were big, fat, tall and had a ton of muscle. I'll never forget the calves on one of the guys...Anyway I was kinda trying to ignore them, but my family kept making comments about how huge they were, and I kid you not my uncle decided to ask one of the guys how much he weighed and how big his arms were...I honestly don't remember the answer, it was just something ridiculous and kinda intimidating. Well right after that, they had ordered their food, and we got ours and I couldnt even finish my one plate, and each guy at the other table had two plates to themselves and was eating it like it was nothing. So I thought out loud "Man how can they eat so much?" and my mother turned to me and said "Well, those are BIG boys son."

Now I was in freakin college at the time, so that was the final straw, I knew I wanted that, and I was official tired of being slimmer. And I set my course towards being big.

Any other stories feel free to share
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:29 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I honestly don't know, but it probablg has been a desire longer than some of the kids on here have been alive.
  #3   Add to hallolujah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:27 PM

hallolujah is on a distinguished road
Today.

To make a long story short, I've been overweight my entire life. I was having brunch today and I see the big guy (see: Muscle Sightings thread). I start to think about how nice it would be to have that size but I dismiss the thought just because I didn't think I could do it.

You see, I don't like gyms. Because of my body shape, I feel like every time I do go work out there is constant judgment. "What is that doing here? Doesn't he realize that you can only be fit to be in a gym?" Stupid stuff like that. That's just me, being extremely self-conscious.

But I was walking to class and the thought of the guy was still in my head. Why can't I be that size? All I need to do is eat a lot, sleep a lot and work out a lot. Then my mind reminds me, "you also have classes and studying you need to get done. That's more important."

But is it? It probably is. But this has been all I've been thinking about until I realized, "Why don't I just go to the gym and then not give a shit about anyone else?" So I went.

It felt very good. With every rep I thought, "I'm one step closer. One step closer to become big." That is my goal. I want to go from 5'10", 235 pounds of low self-esteem and lack of confidence, to 235 pounds of swagger, of happiness.

I'm going to scour the boards later to get all the tips I need to do it naturally. I want to know what I should eat and what I should not. I want to know how much sleep I should get a night. I want to know how to train productively so I can lose the fat and gain the muscle. I hope that soon, maybe I could get to write something for the "When Others Notice" thread.

Today I want to grow. And it's the hottest idea I've ever had. We'll see how this change in lifestyle goes.
  #4   Add to rivendebussy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:50 PM

rivendebussy is on a distinguished road
The fact of the matter is that if you want to 'get big', it all starts with making healthy choices and being consistent in the weight room.

I can assure you that results will come slowly - especially if you're natural - but you have to leave the 'I want it now' attitude at the door. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle that you develop over time.

The results become clearer as you start to feel clothes getting tighter, people noticing your efforts and your strength improving.

I've been lifting weights naturally for three years now (also started out overweight) and have made some crazy gains. I owe it all to the fact that I've been consistent in the gym and have done good research in preparing a healthy protein and complex carb diet.

The bottom line though is that the only people who are going to be able to 'get big' are those who go the gym and enjoy lifting and working hard in the weight room. If you love to lift weights like I do and think about your workout all day long, you're already a step ahead of the game.

As for being embarrassed or whatever in the weight room, that's bullshit man. If you show up regularly, people will notice. If you start making gains and prove yourself to be someone who loves lifting, you'll even make a lot of friends. But believe me when I say, if you show up and work hard consistently, people will show you respect for doing something about your body.

Also I would recommend powerlifting if you've got guts. Everything you need to know about strength programs are easily found through google.

Peace
  #5   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM

THE BODYBUILDING GIANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivendebussy View Post
The fact of the matter is that if you want to 'get big', it all starts with making healthy choices and being consistent in the weight room.

I can assure you that results will come slowly - especially if you're natural - but you have to leave the 'I want it now' attitude at the door. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle that you develop over time.

The results become clearer as you start to feel clothes getting tighter, people noticing your efforts and your strength improving.

I've been lifting weights naturally for three years now (also started out overweight) and have made some crazy gains. I owe it all to the fact that I've been consistent in the gym and have done good research in preparing a healthy protein and complex carb diet.

The bottom line though is that the only people who are going to be able to 'get big' are those who go the gym and enjoy lifting and working hard in the weight room. If you love to lift weights like I do and think about your workout all day long, you're already a step ahead of the game.

As for being embarrassed or whatever in the weight room, that's bullshit man. If you show up regularly, people will notice. If you start making gains and prove yourself to be someone who loves lifting, you'll even make a lot of friends. But believe me when I say, if you show up and work hard consistently, people will show you respect for doing something about your body.

Also I would recommend powerlifting if you've got guts. Everything you need to know about strength programs are easily found through google.

Peace

love the post mate sooo true if people read this and took it on bored we would meet our goals in the gym
  #6   Add to nsco's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM

nsco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nsco Send a message via MSN to nsco Send a message via Yahoo to nsco
Well it wasn't the thing that inspired me to lift really but recently something happened that gave me a ton more motivation and really has me thinking positively about making progress.

I was in the gym the other day and saw this one guy that was really jacked. He was wearing one of those sleeveless T's that show off a big chest and lats. Well I really couldn't keep

my eyes off the guy the entire time. So after my workout I went to the locker room and he was in there. So I got my stuff and went to the bathroom which is in the locker room. Well as

I'm washing my hands he comes in there shirtless, his huge chest and arms pumped from working out it was really impressive. He kept touching his chest and stuff kinda rubbing it, it

was pretty amazing. So I got up the balls and asked him about his routine. Not only was he really nice to me but he also offered to help me out.

Now he's helping me out a lot with more info about nutrition and different styles of workouts than I'm used to. I also lifted with him the other day and he really pushed me a lot harder

than I usually do. But even now when I lifted without him I feel like I've kept up that motivation and intensity in my workouts now as I desire to be like him. Funny thing I later found

out was he goes to the same college as I do which is awesome. So yeah this is what I think has really motivated me further and pushed me harder than ever before.

Last edited by nsco; October 14th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
  #7   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
For me it was 2 things. First I was standing in the bathroom one morning when my younger brother walked in and I realized he was far bigger than me. I already knew he was stronger, but until we stood side by side I hadn't really grasped the difference. His arms and chest dwarfed mine. He did a lat spread and I couldn't. Then that same week we had a family picnic. My brother was strutting around showing off his muscle and bragging about his 16 inch biceps. My female cousin who was on the girls track team and specializing in the shot put, got tired of his attitude and challenged my brother to an arm wrestling contest. I watched in stunned amazement as she slowly put his arm down to the table. He had arm wrestled me many times and always won. I decided that there was no way I wanted to be smaller and weaker than my brother or weaker than my girl cousin so I started lifting every day.

Last edited by stronguns; October 15th, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
  #8   Add to mmuscle86's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM

mmuscle86 is on a distinguished road
For me it was when i was 12 running down the aisle at the grocery store and i fell over a magazine. Picked it up, it was Flex Mag... Ronnie coleman wa on the front with four other bodybuilders... the year 1999..... I had no clue before then what muscle was or how the body became bigger....and from that day forward i made a goal to look like Ronnie C... still at it trying to reach 200...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options