The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Skinny as a Rail

maximum360 is on a distinguished road
We All Wish - Part 3+

Original thread: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25327

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Click here to jump to the most recent part of the story! (Part 8!!!!)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&[/COLOR]

Here's where you'll find the whole story, as it's being written!
I'm so excited that I got such a positive response to my story starter; especially since it was my first post and first story! Thank you everyone!

The full story follows below; new sections will be added as edits here until it gets too big

PS: Please post your comments. Love or hate the story, I find that listening to other's responses helps me be a better writer.

------------------------

My name is Max. I don't have any talent and spend too much time playing D&D. I'm not athletic, and it's a miricle I even managed to bench that 50 lbs in Phys Ed that one day.

I like to tell people that I'm 5' and a half. And when they shoot me that cross-eyed look you're giving me, I just grin and tell them that's 60.5 inches to them; 5' and a half an inch. A real laugh.

So, there's this kid Ron who I've had my eye on for a while. He's the star quarterback on our football team. I don't know anything about football, but that's the important position, right? He's hot. Real hot. He's 5' 8" but built and wide. He has biceps like tree trunks and quads like a house. He wears these foofy hoodies, you know the kind, so you can't see his pecs. But when he's changing, man those are hot! and his abs.... don't even get me started.

-----

"Hey Max, gonna go home and lift juiceboxes tonight or haven't you got there yet?"

"Ha ha, real funny guys. Go put on some man shorts and then we'll talk"

"Oh, so now we're the wise guy, huh?"

I could tell I was just going to get beat up again after PE no matter what I said, so I thought I'd go the whole nine yards: "Wiser than you, Weezer."

This is Harold Winser, but everyone calls him weezer because of the sound he makes when he's out of breath. Of course, being the runningback means that lately he hasn't been as out of breath as I currently was running the mile track.

"Don't you wise-ass me, you little --"

"Hey, Winser, cool it."

That's Ron. Ever since he made the football team he's been sticking up for me when the guys pick on me. I don't know why, but he's always been nicer than the others, and he has much better grades, too. Secretly, I hope he has a thing for me, but I'm far too scrawny to be his type. At least, that's what I think.

Winser shot Ron a disgusted glance and slowed up behind the rest of the class, presumably sulking. I was more towards the back, but not at the end. Ron was jogging alongside me for the moment, and I couldn't help but take a glance at his shorts. I mean, who wouldn't?

It was just a quick look, but Ron must have caught me peeking because when I had looked up again he had just the faintest of smiles.

This, of course threw me off enough that I tripped over Winser who had just gotten behind me again and who had taken the liberty of 'accidentally' kicking me in the calves as I was running.

"Smell you later, fag-tard," he called back as I tasted rubberized track.

----

It had been going on like this for months. All the footballers would make fun of how out of shape and scrawny I was during PE, and always did their best to make things worse-than-awful for me. And it didn't help that no one else would side with me either. If they did, they could be sure to receive a face full of locker after school or at least when no one else was looking.

That, at least, was beginning to change now that Ron was on the football team. It wasn't that he intimidated anyone, but he did somehow win over the affection of just about everyone since he transferred in three weeks ago.

Teddy Roosevelt might once have said "Speak softly and carry a big stick," but Ron was proof that Teddy might have been a bit off. It seemed to me that it should definitely have been "Speak politely, with the whole audience's attention, and be 250 pounds of rock-solid muscle."

Back in the locker room I was changing out of my gym things and preparing to get to Calculus. I still didn't know what, if anything, Ron was going to say to me about earlier. This was the fifth time this week he had caught me giving him a once-over, and I still couldn't figure out what he thought about it.

I was already out publicly, as if that could reduce my already non-existant social standing, but Ron was another matter. No one had seen him with a girl, but he hadn't been flirting with any guys either. For now, he was a complete mystery.

"Hey, sorry about earlier; I don't know what Harold has against you," said Ron.

I flushed, and tried to hurry with my shirt but ended up putting it on inside out. "Uh, yeah..." was all I could manage in response.

Ron leaned in just a little and murmured, "You're putting your underwear over your pants."

At this, I completely lost it and full-on blushed. I also fell over, knocking back the bench behind me and making an even bigger public fool of myself.

At least my day can only get better from here... right?

Right?

----

<Part 3 was briefly missing, I don't know what happened but here is the condensed and less-amazing version from my personal journal. Sorry! It has not been checked for grammar or content, please excuse me while I try to recover the original. I'm REALLY busy this week, so for now, please excuse this journal version in place of the complete one! I have to find my good copy...>
<<Maybe it's about time I finish all my posts in my journal before uploading them. Currently I edit them in place here before posting... but if they go missing.... >>

It seemed like the staff at Johnson High were playing a practical joke when they scheduled PE as the second-to-last period of my day. This meant that in between gym and Calculus, all the school bullies had time to organize between their shared half-a-brain before school let out, but not have lost interest in me yet. So it was on the way home that I was jumped by Winser and co.

It wasn't a fair fight by any stretch of the imagination; four high-school jocks against one stringy, wimpy nerd. (I freely admit that I'm a nerd, no questions asked.)

So it wasn't very long before I was beaten to a pulp. I was blue and sore all over, and I couldn't fight back. Oh, there was some banter, but witty banter doesn't save you from a beating when it's Winser, Jake, and Nate.

It was about 20 minutes later when I got back home. I was going to get some bandages, when there was a knock at the door...

Last edited by maximum360; October 30th, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Skinny as a Rail

As I opened the door, I was quite surprised. Ron was standing there, leaning against the door frame, and his perfect guns were right at eye-level. I blushed and shifted just a little sideways, not wanting to show off the bulge I was getting in my shorts.

"Hey. I uh -- I heard what happened with Harold," Ron said as he shifted his weight from one leg to the other.

It was almost too much to take. On top of getting beat up, I was now having to face the one person I really enjoyed looking at up close and personal. I felt like my pants were going to burst (Well, not really... I don't like to admit it but I'm really not that big, but you get the idea).

"Look, I'm really sorry about it, man. I told him not to, but sometimes he has as much brain as he has cock --"

And it was at this point that I burst out laughing. "Ok, you're right. Listen, do you want to come inside? Mom doesn't like it when I leave the door open like this," I said.

Ron followed me into the living room and sat down on the sofa. I hesitated for just a moment before moving to get another chair, but Ron patted the seat next to him, saying "Don't worry. I don't bite, and I don't have any contagious diseases."

"So, is it the muscle that turns you on?" he asked as I sat down next to him.

I started for just a moment, surprised that he was being so open so suddenly. "I've seen the way you look at me. It's all right. I mean, what someone like you wouldn't do to quit getting beat up, right?"

"Well, yeah.... I guess so," was all I could mumble. I was pretty shocked and also pretty turned on at the same time. Here he was, my secret crush, actually talking to me outside of PE. Talking to me.
Talking to me.

"What if I told you that you could be bigger. Not have to put up with Winser and his crew, and have any guy you wanted?" And here he leaned in and whispered to me: "And just so we're clear, I do like the way you look at me. I'll be back tomorrow; if you want it, be in the wood clearing behind the park."

The rest of the day was a complete daze; I couldn't remember much, and kept returning to the image of him touching me on the knee just before getting up to leave.

----

It was much later that night when I really realized what Ron had said. First of all, Ron had said he liked me! That's so awesome! Second, he said I could get bigger; to have the kind of body I'd been lusting over ever since I'd discovered I was gay.

I headed upstairs at around 9:00 that night to think about everything.

I started by stripping down and giving myself a good look over in the mirror. It was the same person I had always been looking back at me: short and lanky, with no mass of any kind to speak of. Body hair was erratic at best, and I didn't stand quite straight without thinking about it. There wasn't even anything redeeming about my face, either. An average smile and two average brown eyes surrounded a slightly round-ish nose, and everything was topped by average-length average-brown all-around-average hair.

As I was feeling sorry for my physical appearance, I decided to take a shower to calm down and think.

The warm water helped with the pain from my recent bruises, and I began to really relax for the first time that evening. I started to think about what I might look like if I could change anything about myself, but then realized that I just ended up picturing Ron in my head. Giving myself a small smile, I turned off the water and got out of the shower.

After toweling down, I put on my bathrobe and went to bed.

----

The dream was as lifelike as ever, but still so much more. Ron was sitting on a bed in the middle of a candlelit room, waiting for me. The candles threw a warm glow across his polished abs, highlighting the rises and vallies all along his chest. I moved foreward, and he pulled me into a strong embrace which sent shivers down my spine.

He lightly tugged at my underwear, and I obliged by pulling them down and stepping out. As Ron smiled and leaned in for the kiss, I could feel myself becoming lighter and lighter. I leaned in, and felt his lips brush mine. We fell towards the bed, and ...

I smacked my head against the carpet on my room, having fallen out of bed. I was sweaty and tangled in the sheets, with the memory of a kiss still playing across my lips. I looked at my clock on the bedside table and read 7:28.

I closed my eyes and lay as still as possible, trying to recall the brief dream, but other than getting a serious boner nothing special happened. I sighed, and decided to get dressed. Today was Friday, but school was out for an inservice day today. I could have just gone back to sleep, but I was getting too excited about my mysterious meeting with Ron to sleep, and I felt I might as well get up.

I thought seriously about what Ron had meant while I was getting dressed. Perhaps he wanted to be my a workout partner? Maybe he just wanted to give me some tips. I put on my shoes and headed for the door.

<ctd. below! >

Last edited by maximum360; October 19th, 2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Added part 5.5/part 6!
  #3   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Skinny as a Rail

I realized at the last minute that I hadn't put on a shirt yet, and went to go get one, thinking the whole time.

Maybe he was going to teach me about lifting? It was possible. Then, I hoped that he wasn't going to try to get me onto steroids. The way he'd sounded earlier, I supposed 'roids were a possibility, and I hoped not.

Anyway, the park was quite close to my house, and the clearing that Ron mentioned was across from the "kiddie" area, with the swings and the 2' tall slides and stuff. It was set back pretty far, and completely surrounded by these great big bushes so that you couldn't see in or out. It was said that late at night on the weekends, the 'popular' crowd from school tended to, you know, do it, there as well, because it was so quiet and private and all. Oh well, it was the morning anyways, so I didn't have to worry about running into any of that when I got there, or while I was waiting for Ron.

----

It was wet when I got to the clearing, so it must have rained last night. Ron was waiting across the clearing, watching the clouds when I pushed through the bushes. He looked down at the noise, and smiled when he saw that it was me.

"Been waiting for you," he said.

"Me too. Uh, waiting to see you I mean, not really like --"

"Sure. I know what you meant," Ron said, interrupting me, still smiling. I blushed and couldn't stop thinking about how dumb I must seem, getting all clumsy and awkward whenever I'm near Ron.

"So, about what I said earlier; did you give my offer any thought? Ready to leave your old body behind?"

Wow. He was just, so, so... direct. In a way it was kinda hot, I guess. No beating around the bush, just straight to the point. "Sure I did, I mean, yes, I gave it some thought," I said.

Ron stopped leaning against his tree and moved a little closer, and I swear I started to see a little sparkle in his eyes, just like I had dreamed the night before.

"So? What's the plan? I promise it won't hurt... much. and there's certainly perks to being the hunkiest guy on the block." And all of the sudden, he stopped smiling and was serious for a moment: "But I do need to make sure we've got one thing clear here. There's no going back after you say yes. There's no take-backs, and growth is pretty much irreversable, as well. It's very easy to get there, but impossible to come back. Sorta an 'all or nothing' type deal, if you understand."

"Look, I did give it some serious thought. I'm ready for whatever it is you want to do." (And, going out on a limb and really hoping we were 'Having a Moment,' I held his hand and moved a little closer, hoping that I was projecting an air of confidence, but all the same suspecting that I just looked awkward.)

Ron smiled again, accepting my embrace and pulling me closer to him. His hard abs and pecs pressed into my chest, and his large hands caressed my back as he began to hug me. "Do you really like me?" He asked. I looked up at him as though he had just asked a dumb question (Which he had, by the way ~!) and I said, "What do you think?" and moved in for the kiss.

In my dream last night, Ron had kissed me and hugged me, but it was nothing like the real deal. I could feel his every movement, and smell his sweat and see every detail of his handsome face.
When we pulled apart, I felt like I'd just won the lottery, and I could tell Ron did too.

As he pulled out of our embrace, he pressed a small object into my hand. It was strange, and I tried to figure out what Ron wanted me to do with it. When I inspected it, I found that it looked a bit like an oversize marble, but it was softer, and maybe just a little squishy. It was also florescent orange, and slightly cool to the touch.

"What is it?" I asked.

"That is a wishing stone," he replied. "My grandfather gave it to me, just before he died. He told me to give it to someone very special to me, and that I would know when it was time. I want you to have it, as a gift."

I was stunned. As a man of science, I knew I shouldn't believe in fairy tales like a 'wishing stone,' but at the same time I knew that Ron was telling the truth. Not only that, but he wanted me to have this thing, whatever it was, because I was special to him.

I tried that last thought out again: I was special to Ron.

Words cannot express the feelings running through me right now.
You can only imagine. What this must feel like.

Ron leaned towards me and hugged me for a while, while I was too speechless and full of joy and desire to do much else but watch, and hug back.

My first crush was onto me, and was also my first kiss. The rest of the day didn't matter anymore, I was suspended in a web of warm fuzzy feelings.

Go to part 8!

Last edited by maximum360; October 30th, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
  #4   Add to nvb2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM

nvb2 is on a distinguished road
I've enjoyed what you've written so far. Your writing style is easy to read and well written. The parts are a bit short, but length of writing is something that I struggle with as well. I'm excited to see what else will happen.
  #5   Add to MuscleHintz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM

MuscleHintz is on a distinguished road
Ron is an interesting character so far. Powerful and attractive, but kind and willing to help others. The cast is undeveloped right now, so there's plenty of ways you can develop this story depending on how you where you want to go with it!

I agree with the above poster that the parts are a bit short. That's perfectly okay, though; writing long paragraphs without getting distracted or impatient can be difficult, and most of the writers who create full-length tales are either very experienced or follow a formulaic approach to quickly churn out chapters.

The writing has been good so far. Don't feel too pressured. Just write what you want and try to be the best writer you can be!
  #6   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Some constructive suggestions for you

Max the narrator has a strong voice. He's funny, he's smart and he can use wit to defend himself. How far that goes in school is debatable, but at least he has a few arrows in his quiver.

thoughts on character development for the other characters.
Besides Ron, who is 5'8" 250 pounds (?) and presumably handsome, what are the other characters like? Max our narrator is 5 feet and 1/2 inch tall. He says he is skinny. Do we have a weight? Does that matter? Is Harold Winser as unattractive or physically clunky as his name? Who are some of the other people at school? Does the narrator have any other friends or fellow geeks? What about people outside of school such as authority figures? Are they relevant to the plot?

Are there any plot drivers besides "getting beat up in school every day"? Is there a club people want to join? Is all social life organized around the jocks, or are there other select social groups in school? Most American high schools (grades 9 through 12, ages 14 to 18) have several social groups: jocks, brains, stoners or druggies, Joe average, science geeks, etc. Are any of those present here?

Not all of these details are necessary or even desireable in a short story. The more detail can add to the experience and make it more vivid.

Good luck with developing the rest of the story!

Mdlftr
  #7   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
screw your lack of confidence man, this is awesome

i love ron; what we all wouldn't give for a hot piece of guy like that to take such an... 'interest' in us ;D

good characters, great writing, keep going!
~Ille

Things happen.
  #8   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Thank you everyone for reminding me that I'm completely nuts and should just keep writing

Part 5 is nearly done; I just have to get on my PC and fix the last bit of dialog. (While you're reading this I'll most likely be out cold in bed; I'm comming down with something nasty...)
  #9   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Part 5 is out! read it above in the story post!

I decided to move the second half of part 5 to part 6. That bit of part 5 is now a hot hot hott dream sequence because I felt like it.
(and by sequence I mean paragraph )

As always, please let me know what you think!

Last edited by maximum360; October 15th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.
  #10   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
ME GUSTA

I like how you didn't type much, but it still gave the full effect of what was going on. I need to learn how to do that... ;-;

As for your characters, ME MUCHO GUSTA. Yeah, memes ahoy. Ron is the kind of the muscle-man I try to make up in my stories, since not all muscled men are retarded and/or dickheads. While the main character himself is kind of easily likable thanks to his wit, perhaps some people could even relate to him. The one thing that seemed off to me was Ron's height. If he's 250 pounds of muscle and only 5'8", he must be ridiculously wide/huge. Then again, it's a fictional story, so I suppose a teenager DOESN'T have to be of the norm. /o/
  #11   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_Flash View Post
ME GUSTA

I like how you didn't type much, but it still gave the full effect of what was going on. I need to learn how to do that... ;-;

As for your characters, ME MUCHO GUSTA. Yeah, memes ahoy. Ron is the kind of the muscle-man I try to make up in my stories, since not all muscled men are retarded and/or dickheads. While the main character himself is kind of easily likable thanks to his wit, perhaps some people could even relate to him. The one thing that seemed off to me was Ron's height. If he's 250 pounds of muscle and only 5'8", he must be ridiculously wide/huge. Then again, it's a fictional story, so I suppose a teenager DOESN'T have to be of the norm. /o/
Thanks!

Btw, as I said before I don't have much of a reference to go on, so 250 was a complete guess, based on a few friends I have who I know the weights of. In retrospect, 210-230 would have been much more reasonable, but don't have the same clarity or ring as "250," and I still feel that regardless of the mental image, 250 just sounds much nicer, and, dare I say, rounder.

LOL.
  #12   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, tonight's Part 6 has been interrupted to bring you this important news bulletin:

I have some bad news, and some worse news. The bad news is that my primary laptop fried itself this morning, and is awaiting emergency operating system reinstallation. Therefore, I no longer have the part 6 or work-in-progress part 7 to entertain you all with.

<Remainder of post redacted>

Last edited by maximum360; October 19th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
  #13   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Yes! Just got my laptop working again; I'll post part 6 as soon as I have time. Be back later tonight and it should be up!

I'm just super glad I didn't lose any files :P
  #14   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Skinny as a Rail

O. M. G.

Everyone celebrate! It's part 6! From my recently resuscitated laptop! Yay!

EDIT: Oh, and in case you need another reminder, please comment! I take writing criticism very seriously, and I think that it really helps me to become a better writer! Good, bad, praise, or trash, I want to hear it! I'm all ears! Oh, and Thank you soooooo much for reading my first story! I really appreciate the interest this has gotten, especially since it's my first story! I can't thank you guys enough!
  #15   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:23 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
The only thing I would recommend is to make the new installments as a reply. Sometimes I'm a bit lazy and scroll all over the place trying to find where the new section was placed.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #16   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 02:25 AM

Adding on to what Rage said, it might be better for you to remake this topic, and use the topic starter, then start the story off from the first post. Your installments can consist of one or two parts (whatever fits without too much clutter), and then you just keep on posting new installments). If you need to continue a post - IE: having one installment span over two posts DESPITE it being able to fit into one by itself - then you just make a new post.

EX:
Part 1
Part 2

Just to show you how it could work, using random post numbers in this case. They click the parts, and are instantly taken to the posts that involve the story as apposed to sifting through comments made by other users.

Lastly: I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
  #17   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Skinny as a Rail

Quote:
Adding on to what Rage said, it might be better for you to remake this topic, and use the topic starter, then start the story off from the first post. Your installments can consist of one or two parts (whatever fits without too much clutter), and then you just keep on posting new installments). If you need to continue a post - IE: having one installment span over two posts DESPITE it being able to fit into one by itself - then you just make a new post.

EX:
Part 1
Part 2

Just to show you how it could work, using random post numbers in this case. They click the parts, and are instantly taken to the posts that involve the story as apposed to sifting through comments made by other users.

Lastly: I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Wheeee~! Thanks for the suggestion. If it helps at all, the reason I've been posting it the way I have been is because my parts are pretty short, but they all build to a fluid, single story. Reading from top-down was supposed to be easy and continuous, when you start from the beginning.

As for re-doing the topic, can you give some instructions? I wouldn't know how to do what you've suggested ... ^_^;;

Last edited by maximum360; October 20th, 2011 at 05:26 AM.
  #18   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum360 View Post
Wheeee~! Thanks for the suggestion. If it helps at all, the reason I've been posting it the way I have been is because my parts are pretty short, but they all build to a fluid, single story. Reading from top-down was supposed to be easy and continuous, when you start from the beginning.

As for re-doing the topic, can you give some instructions? I wouldn't know how to do what you've suggested ... ^_^;;
It just means you'd be posting the stories like you do now, but you would index each post that contains the next part and label them. There's a number on the top right corner of each post, simply right clicking that and clicking "copy URL/Link" will get you what you need. Then you take these links and toss them all up in the first post of the topic. People can use the links to instantly go right to the parts of the story instead of going through the entire topic to read each part.

I honestly don't know how to explain it better. :<
  #19   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Quote:
It just means you'd be posting the stories like you do now, but you would index each post that contains the next part and label them. There's a number on the top right corner of each post, simply right clicking that and clicking "copy URL/Link" will get you what you need. Then you take these links and toss them all up in the first post of the topic. People can use the links to instantly go right to the parts of the story instead of going through the entire topic to read each part.

I honestly don't know how to explain it better. :<
Oh! That makes a lot of sense actually. ^_^;;

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll start doing that. PS: Part 7 coming soon! Either later tonight, as in ~11:00, or tomorrow evening. It depends on how much I end up writing, and how much I putz around here and read other people's stuff

And does anyone know the character limit for an individual post? This is the second time I've had to continue my story in a second post because my computer mysteriously stopped typing, as if there was a character limit. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter much, it's just annoying is all.
  #20   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Le part 7

Part 7 is out! Click here to see it and part 6!

As was suggested by Click_Flash, new part "announcements" are linked to the post they can be found in. Thanks Click_Flash!

Also, I totally think this part was waaaay to sappy, and I kinda felt like I lost my writing thread a bit here. I had a much better version at one point, but accidentally deleted it, so I had to write this over. It has all the same plot points as I had originally planned, but does NOT have my usual flow or character. I apologize for teh lazy when rewriting this part.

Edit: Oh, look at that! I just discovered how to use color in a post. The "Part 7" marker is now colored red, so you can find it faster. I'll try to do this for any new parts as well, so that the most recent part is easy to find.
  #21   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Quick News: Part 8 has been postponed for a while.

Life has gotten in the way of fun for a bit, and I don't know how long that will be.

Also, I apologize again for the awful quality of part 7; I had written it much better than it currently appears but accidentally deleted it :P I was (and still am) very frustrated about it because I had put a lot of work into it and then lost it. Maybe at some point I'll redo it and fix the quality, but as I said I don't even think I'll have part 8 out too soon.

*(Actually, if someone feels so inspired to redo part 7, feel free to PM me about it. If that's the kind of thing you like to do, feel free because even I admit that the current part 7 is just plain bad, on top of the fact that I'll be busy for a while)

Anyway, sorry, sorry sorry, Sorry!!! I know a lot of you want to hear what happens next but I just don't have the time right now. (unless you'd prefer the half-baked style of part 7, which I spent far too little time on)

Check back sometime next week, or else when this thread shows activity again for part 8.

EDIT: P.S. Does anyone think these updates are silly/stupid/unnecessary?
I know I'd like to know the status of a story that I like, but if you think I shouldn't be making updates, PM me and I'll stop. I just thought that being vocal is far better than dropping off the face of the earth...
  #22   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Hey Maximum,
Don't sweat it! people are enjoying your writing. They will wait for you to get back! don't feel like you have to apologize. Your characters have an interesting voice to them! Keep up the good work!

Mdlftr
  #23   Add to muscle16a's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM

muscle16a is on a distinguished road
I like your theme: Skinny/weak guy buffing up is SO MUCH more interesting than the already-buff guy getting even moreso. I also like your pacing so far.

Keep it up!
  #24   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Oh noes!

Part three has gone missing from the first post T_T. I only just noticed....
Never trust a PC other than your own

I'll try to recover it as soon as possible. (Although, since all it contained was a Winser scene and no real plot, I might just drop it anyway...)
  #25   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Durrgrrghhurrbbleblub.

I'm really sorry. It looks like my master story file I keep here on my computer was never updated with my edited part 3. All I have is my PersonalJournal entry with the first draft.

Heck, at least I have that. When I accidentally deleted part 7 I actually completely deleted it, and had to reconstruct the plot points from memory.

I said before I'm quite busy this week, and I'm really sorry about that for you new readers of this story.

Lesson learned: Keep better track of your writing, and never, EVER, edit from anyone else's computer. It looks like it just chucked the last HUNDERED OR SO characters from that post.
*(Man, sometimes it feels like those of us who are good with computers actually have more problems than anyone else. Who knew?)

I guess it could be worse, though. Anyway, sorry about that. I'm going to start posting individual parts exclusively as replies and not edits. Although this means that you can't simply continue scrolling to read the story, it saves some headache on my part. I was trying to make it so new readers found it very enjoyable and easy to read the currently written story all in one go, especially because my posted parts tend to be quite short. I guess it's not going to work out that way anymore

Part 8 is in the works, even though I'm busy. Balancing homework and story writing isn't great, so it's totally taken a complete backseat to everything else. I promise to have it out before Halloween, though, so don't go away!
  #26   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Skinny as a Rail

Part. 8.

PART 8
This is it; the part that took two weeks to make!
I think after this, I'm going to rewrite the failed parts 3 and 7.
It's all about priorities, so what shall it be?
As always, please comment!!!

Ron looked at me and said, “I want you to know that it doesn't matter to me what you look like. You could lock that stone in a box and never see it again, and I'd still want to be with you.”

“That's nice to know,” I said. “Really, it is nice to know. But I want this, and I know somewhere you'd like it too. All my life I've tried to work and be a better-looking guy, less of a nerd, and … well, if this really works then the solution's right here.”

“I'm not saying I don't think you should use it if you want to, I just wanted you to know... that no matter what happens, I like you for who you are, not what you are.”

I smiled, and being the clumsy awkward guy I am, dropped the marble. Was it even possible for me to stand still for three minutes without making a fool of myself? I don't even know, but there it was again.

When I bent down to pick it up, I noticed that I wasn't the only one, uh, having a good time. I grabbed the thing off the ground, and straightened up. “So, how does it work?” I asked, taking Ron's hand again.

“Well, you hold it in your hand, like this,” he said, and took my other hand in his, and closed it around the stone. “And you make a wish,” he whispered into my ear, “like this.”

He kissed me again, and I hoped it would never end. His embrace was tight and hard, but his lips were soft and wonderful. It lasted for at least a minute before we pulled apart.

“What should I wish for?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Then, I wish,” I said, “that I was just right. That I was big, and strong, and handsome, just like you. That everyone would see just how great we were together. That we could be together, and that I could be the kind of man you deserve, that's what I wish for.”

And as we held each other, I could feel a warmth coming from the stone that I still held in my left hand. I could feel myself getting warm as well, and I gripped Ron even tighter, waiting for what was to come.

I could feel myself getting larger, as we held each other there. The warmth spread across my whole body, and it made me feel light. I could feel my back swell outwards, felt it widen and spread. My legs and arms, too, were growing larger, and I could feel my underwear beginning to strain against the weight of my growing package.

My calves blew backwards, bulging under the fabric of my jeans. My quads did the same, seams ripping as they spread my legs apart. My pecs and lats began to fill out, and I could feel the tightness in my shirt as they tightened and swelled. My biceps and forearms were expanding as well; I could feel their hardness against Ron's back, and felt as they exploded outwards, veins snaking down their length, engorging the expanding muscles. Finally, the sleeves blew out as my biceps bulged and formed into cannonball peaks, and my pants shredded beneath my expanding legs. My whole shirt soon followed, and my shoes and socks. I stood naked, as my abs filled in above my raging hardon, reaching straight up at a full 9”.

As the sweat glistened off my newly shining backside, I knew that I'd never forget this moment, knew that I'd never be the same again. I stepped back and threw the stone that had given me so much into the brush beside the clearing, then ran forward and tackled Ron, rolling into the ground, ready to see what this body could really do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARTING NOTES:

Note 1 -> The shortest FAQ you will ever read: Will there be a part Nine? No.

Note 2 -> I don't think I like how parts 5, 6, and 8 turned out. No questions asked about part 7, that thing is hideous. Anyway, I don't think I can write good romantic scenes, and rereading this part 8 I think the mood turned out wrong after all that work. Suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Note 3 -> On the use of mine characters: I wrote these characters kindof accidentally, but if anyone wants to hear more from this universe I suppose I could oblige :3. Also, since this story was very much a complete experiment, I don't know if I'll be using them again.

Last edited by maximum360; October 30th, 2011 at 12:55 AM.
  #27   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:07 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Looking forward to catching up with the newest installments here!

Just a minor technical suggestion regarding the "jump-to" links, though:

Right now, you're linking to the "single-post view" (showpost.php) URLs for each update (for instance, your part 8 links point to http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showpost.php?p=164212), which may not be ideal since it opens a new window/tab and displays only that individual item, devoid of context.

If you want true "jump-to" links, though, you can do that once you've got the post's ID#. (Which is something the showpost.php URL will tell you — for your part 8 it's 164212.)

Each post in a forum thread has an HTML anchor tag at its start, which you can link directly to — it's simply the URL for the thread followed by "#postXXXXXX". So, for example, if you linked to part 8 using
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25336#post164212
...then when a reader clicks that link (try it!), it'll load the thread with your part 8 post literally scrolled into view in its proper place within the full conversation, having all of its context visible above & below it.

Since you may not always have the thread URL handy, you can even link to a specific post in-context using just its post ID#, with this form:
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=164212#post164212
  #28   Add to maximum360's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Skinny as a Rail

Thanks, Nypup2train! That's a great suggestion, I'll change the links when I get a chance!

PS: Comments, comments, comments! Please say something about my writing! Did you love it? Did you hate it? Were the characters too flat? How could I have improved on part <insert number here>?

Also, special thanks to a few users are in order;

Thanks to Click_Flash for inspiration on the part 8 here, I love your writing!

And also thanks to Muscle_Hintz and Mdlftr, who helped give exceptional writing tips,

And to everyone else who reminded me throughout this process that I should just keep writing; I can always write better but until I try I won't have written at all!

A new story is coming soon*!
It will be better**!

*Soon, being "whenever free time and inspiration coincide next"

** Better being a relative term. Hopefully my writing is improving, and I can get a lot of help/improvement from most of your comments!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options