The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media > Before + After Transformations
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Before + After Transformations Exclusively for real-life transformation photos

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to kastawaykid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:23 AM

kastawaykid is on a distinguished road
Fat to fit?

Does anybody know of any transformations on here, or out on the internets of guys who have went from obese/fat to fit or bodybuilder? Im starting to be successful on my journey, and any real motivators would be wonderful.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2011, 01:31 AM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Trying to do the same thing myself so any motivation would be great!
  #3   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2011, 03:38 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastawaykid View Post
Does anybody know of any transformations on here, or out on the internets of guys who have went from obese/fat to fit or bodybuilder? Im starting to be successful on my journey, and any real motivators would be wonderful.
Fireman reduces from 270lbs (23% bodyfat) to 190 lbs (4% bodyfat)

College Student reduces from 300lbs (30%) to 130lbs (11%)

Wedding inspires man to reduce from 325lbs (45%) to 171lbs (11%)

All of these come from the Male Transformation Section of Bodybuilding.com
  #4   Add to musclekid7's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM

musclekid7 is on a distinguished road
Here's a 346 page long thread from bb.com of fat-to-fit transformations:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...01&pagenumber=
  #5   Add to toothpaste's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM

toothpaste is on a distinguished road
Drew Manning has gone the last 6 months going from fit to fat

he is currently in the beginning of his next 6 months going from fat back to fit

he has a vlog w/ pictures:

Fit2fat2fit.com

for some reason the fit to fat part was extremely sexy to me...
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclekid7 View Post
Here's a 346 page long thread from bb.com of fat-to-fit transformations:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...01&pagenumber=
Cool beans. is there a skinny to big counterpart?

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:27 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Cool beans. is there a skinny to big counterpart?

xoxo

Richard
Even though I'm a fat2fit example, I know the answer to that, but its on a food thread, since it involves eating! A lot!!
Skinnies just dont eat enough. I meet them at the gym, they come and ask me for advice. I give them the simple "if you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. its simply math!". they start explaining that they do, but there must be some magic supplement or program I do.
Train, eat. Eat calorie-dense food. eat some more. train heavy. rinse,repeat.
  #8   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:35 AM

I'm not skinny; I just like pix of guys going from skinny to huge! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #9   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:36 AM

I know.. hey! gives me an idea - an 'unmorph' thread - taking bodybuilders and morphing them down!

welllllllll... not all ideas are good
  #10   Add to musclekid7's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM

musclekid7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
I'm not skinny; I just like pix of guys going from skinny to huge! :-)

xoxo

Richard
Here ya go RPJ

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=728136
  #11   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclekid7 View Post
Many thanks! Excellent Kwanzanukkamas present!

xoxo

Richard
  #12   Add to manlion's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:05 PM

manlion has disabled reputation
Well, this whole concept is pretty much what I'm trying to do (though more fat-to-hulk, but you get the idea..) I'd been meaning to throw together some photos if I could figure out how to best take them (my mirror is too small).

I'm 6'3" (or so, always measured as 6'2" when I was younger, but I think I hid a mid-20s growthspurt, I'm taller than other 6'2" folks. Need to get remeasured...) and I weight, at present, 355 pounds. (I'm 28, by the way.) I've always been fairly strong, and very heavily-structured, but I've got this general problem..

I'm an amputee. Right leg, below the knee, not enough to keep me from looking entirely normal with long pants on, (or shorts, to the unobservant), but enough to keep me sedentary as a kid. (bad pains, poorly-structured prosthetics which I outgrew partway before they finished production..)

Frame-wise, I'm a *very* big guy, broad shouldered, broad hipped, large hands and feet (2XL gloves, size 15 4e shoe, that's a size 17-ish in a standard width), and a big skull, to boot. (I can't find hats that fit me..) I'm pretty much an average heavy-built guy of 5'6"-5'8" or so, scaled up to 6'3". Long-torso, too (I presently wear 3XLT shirts, though I'm tempted to start looking for 2XLTs since I've been losing..)

Almost 4 months ago, now, I started working out with a buddy. (He had a heart attack a year ago, he's 40, and needed to keep up his PT afterwards.) I pushed him towards my BB magazines, we found a routine we liked, and have been going to 2 Planet Fitness locations five days a week. (I live about a 20 minute drive, so we go to his location half the time, me as his black-card guest, and he's able to come to my location as a black-card visitor the other half.) We're currently doing a drop-set-derived routine 3 days a week, MWF, with cardio T/Th.

My weight has jumped up and down in the last couple months, but not moved below 350 or above 360, depending on time of day and diet/digestion. My goal with this has been to generally improve my health, but primarily to tune my body so my (fairly average, conservative even) diet has a lower caloric intake than my need, and I start losing the weight. So far, that seems to have been succeeding.

I know I carry about a good amount of fat, but my frame underneath is heavily-built. I've checked the math, done the estimates, and I've figured I probably wouldn't ever be able to get under 200. I'm not that kind of frame, and not just for the fat, I don't think even if we sucked every ounce, there'd be enough to get me under that. General estimate pegs my natural weight as somewhere around 230-250, though I tend to bump that higher. If I can get it to 300, I'll be satisfied. At the rate I'm gaining muscle and losing fat, though, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't break under 300 and start going back up.

Just to give some numbers (from my sets, haven't checked single-rep max lifts in a while): My overall lifts have typically doubled, and my stamina is much better. My current best is my leg-press, which (the very first day I started) maxed out the machine-version. I'm presently doing 410 for 3 sets/12 reps (plus some drops using different leg positions after), and I need to up the weight, on the plate leg press. I'm going to be trying 450 on friday. (I'm not concerned by the weight itself, i'd be happy to do more, I'm more worried about my prosthetic than anything, I don't know if it can handle the weight. When it was made, the upper limit of the *foot*, a solid spring, was 300lb, and even dividing that in half for using both legs, I don't know what the rest of the components weight-limits are.)

My left leg is my best-advancing feature right now, I'm just starting to get width on my quads popping out on the sides, and a real bulge right over and inside of the kneecap. I've not got the thin skin for real details, but I can see hints of the separations in the heads when I flex it.

My calf is huge, I've got better size and shape than practically EVERY BB I see in photos and such. There's no fat-mass there, I've got visible splits in the muscle, and ripples and bulges I've never even seen on bodybuilders, probably because they don't have to use them the way I have to. (the local gym has a rotary calf raise machine, which I use one-legged, my right lacking any useable muscle below the knee. I can max it out, 215lb, for about 30-40 reps, if I want. My normal workout has me at 200 for 3 sets of 15, plus a drop to 160 and as many as I can, which is usually another 12-18 more.)

My shoulders and arms are getting stronger, but not much to speak of. 35lb dumbbell curls, but 95 lbs on the curl machine. Incline benchpress of 105 (need to up it next session), 150lb butterfly press, 130lb cable lat pulldowns. My shape in the mirror is definitely improved, I can see mass under the layers, because it bunches differently when I move my arms, than it did four months ago.
  #13   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2011, 01:31 AM

Good for you, for starting! I project a transformation, in 12-18 months, to a real hot body. But, do not neglect the question of losing fat. A lean 200 appears bigger than a fat 230. The fat will make it impossible to see that you have muscle. You'll know it, others will not see it. So, keep lifting heavy, and get on the low calorie wagon. its an excellent investment of your time and effort at this point, since as a beginner you can gain strength while losing fat. But dont try to balance the two, concentrate on losing fat!

200, at 6 3 , on a heavy framed person, will be very lean, and little muscle. I'm not sure you want to aim for that number?
  #14   Add to manlion's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:52 PM

manlion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by inm View Post
200, at 6 3 , on a heavy framed person, will be very lean, and little muscle. I'm not sure you want to aim for that number?
Thanks, but you misread me, I'm happy with 300, not 200.

I probably will go trim down at some point if this routine doesn't get me losing weight eventually, but I'm not doing horrible things with my diet on a general basis. I eat fairly well, and in what I feel is a maintainable mode, rather than total deprivation now for a treasure-trove later.

We'll see, though.
  #15   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlion View Post
Thanks, but you misread me, I'm happy with 300, not 200.

I probably will go trim down at some point if this routine doesn't get me losing weight eventually, but I'm not doing horrible things with my diet on a general basis. I eat fairly well, and in what I feel is a maintainable mode, rather than total deprivation now for a treasure-trove later.

We'll see, though.
Oh cool.. thanks for clarifying.
But still, at 355 lbs, and the strength level you're stating, I'll be a bit brutally honest here, only since I think you may need it (feel free to ignore): man, you're overweight, and not in a good way. I'd urge you to reconsider, both for health, and for a better path to reach your goal.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options