Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Main Off-Topic Board
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to PlugNPlay76's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM

PlugNPlay76 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to PlugNPlay76 Send a message via Yahoo to PlugNPlay76 Send a message via Skype™ to PlugNPlay76
Getting back your stride....

Hey guys,

Thought I'd let you in on my current quest to loose the fat and build some muscle eventually. I recently weighed myself on a scale, and was not happy with the resulting numbers and didn't realize that I weighed as much as I did (it was 250lbs). Now, when I was younger and in high school, I use to ride a bike everyday and had a little bit of workout routine. I only weighed a cool 150 to 170lbs., however, I loved it... I was thin, but not "twinkish," and certainly not Kate Moss skinny. Over the past 15 years, do to life's ups downs, I've hardly worked out since. I recently bought myself a bike and have slowly started back on the path to attempt to loose at least 50lbs. to start. Here's the thing, I took the bike for a test drive, then came home and felt like I was about to cough up a lung, however, I knew this was only temporary and I just needed to cough all that junk out. Today I rode again, and, realized, just like runners, bike riders have a stride as well, and, suffice it to say, I'm getting mine back because I was nowhere as near death today as I was prior. Now, losing 50lbs. may seem like a lofty goal, but, not in particular for me. I'm hypoglycemic and have a freakish metabolism because of it, which, also makes me a hard gainer for muscle as well. It gets set off very easily by exercise. Here's a small example; When I first weighed myself, I was 250... after taking that little first jaunt on my bike, I weighed myself again, and it read 245. I still have no clue how I lost 5lbs. like that, but, in a way, I was already sort of used to it. When I was younger, I could litterally loose 3lbs. a day until my metabolsm and body balanced out, which usually started to happen around 170, which, I hope is still the case.

Well, just thought Id throw that out there. How many of you others out there are familiar with a bicyclist's or runner's stride and have had similar stories?

Thanks guys,

Plug.

Last edited by PlugNPlay76; January 3rd, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options