The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM

Calgary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Calgary
New Years 2012

I've been bulking for the last 2-3 months, and am now 22 pounds bigger than when I started......and am definitely looking it.
The goal for January and February is for another 15 to 20 pounds, and then March through mid May about another 20 pounds more...
I'm getting a lot of comments from friends and family which is motivational even if they are complaining that I am growing 'too big'. Since the goal is for BIG its all part of the journey.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your success thus far. I'm anxious to see additional growth in the coming months. Keep it up!
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:15 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary View Post
I've been bulking for the last 2-3 months, and am now 22 pounds bigger than when I started......and am definitely looking it.
The goal for January and February is for another 15 to 20 pounds, and then March through mid May about another 20 pounds more...
I'm getting a lot of comments from friends and family which is motivational even if they are complaining that I am growing 'too big'. Since the goal is for BIG its all part of the journey.
Cool beans! How much do you weigh NOW?

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Hey man, I know the goals you speak of I have pretty much the same goals started at 235 at the beginning of November up to 258 and searching for 15 to 20 before the end of January and possibly another 20 after that between March and May just make sure it's lean and quality mass.

And it would put me in the 290 range finally.
  #5   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Cool beans! How much do you weigh NOW?

xoxo

Richard
Weight is about 210 (slight fluctuation down to 207 and back up), which I held steady through a break in intensity for 4 weeks in December...
...started bulking this year at 188. I've managed to keep bodyfat comparably the same with only a slight increase.
  #6   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlifter View Post
Hey man, I know the goals you speak of I have pretty much the same goals started at 235 at the beginning of November up to 258 and searching for 15 to 20 before the end of January and possibly another 20 after that between March and May just make sure it's lean and quality mass.

Its nice to know people on the same page, so to speak....
Yes, rally aiming for 10-15 pounds up each month January and February. I'm wanting to keep bulking through April, but will see how everything goes - there's no point in just gaining weight for the sake of it.
Will cut for the summer; next fall/winter I'm wanting to bulk to the 170s...
  #7   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Its nice to know people on the same page, so to speak....
Yes, rally aiming for 10-15 pounds up each month January and February. I'm wanting to keep bulking through April, but will see how everything goes - there's no point in just gaining weight for the sake of it.
Will cut for the summer; next fall/winter I'm wanting to bulk to the 170s...
...Yeah, slight typo there......I won't be bulking to the 170s, but rather the 270s...
  #8   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlifter View Post

Pix please!

xoxo

Richard
  #9   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Suggestions welcomed here

Quote:
Hey Calgary,
Just curious. Is the weight gain fat and muscle, or is it mostly one or the other? I'm getting serious about trying to put on some size this year after about a year and half of getting stronger and leaner while recovering from major head surgery. Assuming I can do the exercise without triggering migraines, I want to bring up my bench to bodyweight plus. I'm 6'3" and around 208 to 210 right now, fairly lean with no stomach roll. What's a realistic goal to gain for this winter for me? I work 50 + hours per week, and I'm over (way over ) 40. Any comments or suggestions as to where I can find info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mdlftr
  #10   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Hey Calgary,
Just curious. Is the weight gain fat and muscle, or is it mostly one or the other? I'm getting serious about trying to put on some size this year after about a year and half of getting stronger and leaner while recovering from major head surgery. Assuming I can do the exercise without triggering migraines, I want to bring up my bench to bodyweight plus. I'm 6'3" and around 208 to 210 right now, fairly lean with no stomach roll. What's a realistic goal to gain for this winter for me? I work 50 + hours per week, and I'm over (way over ) 40. Any comments or suggestions as to where I can find info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mdlftr
Hey...
I've been really successful this year in doing a very lean bulk. There has been really limited fat gain overall, probably 1%. I'm not concentrating on being notably lean through this and am somewhere between 14-16% depending on the measure.......that's not exactly lean, but for a bulking phase its doing really well.
Diet has been really key... Very high protein, lower-carb, good fats. Eating frequently 6-9 times a day. Workouts have been going heavy and using a variety of rep sequences, which works for me.
I've been a National-level competitive athlete for about a decade, so I have the advantage of really knowing what certain training does for me. I generally put on muscle quite easily if I eat and train.
There are a variety of considerations in supplementing, too, and that is important to consider.
As for a reasonable goal; maybe 15 pounds may be a good goal to start. I think its important to not gain weight for the sake of gaining weight.
I hope that helps, or is of interest!
  #11   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2012, 04:30 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hey...
I've been really successful this year in doing a very lean bulk. There has been really limited fat gain overall, probably 1%. I'm not concentrating on being notably lean through this and am somewhere between 14-16% depending on the measure.......that's not exactly lean, but for a bulking phase its doing really well.
Diet has been really key... Very high protein, lower-carb, good fats. Eating frequently 6-9 times a day. Workouts have been going heavy and using a variety of rep sequences, which works for me.
I've been a National-level competitive athlete for about a decade, so I have the advantage of really knowing what certain training does for me. I generally put on muscle quite easily if I eat and train.
There are a variety of considerations in supplementing, too, and that is important to consider.
As for a reasonable goal; maybe 15 pounds may be a good goal to start. I think its important to not gain weight for the sake of gaining weight.
I hope that helps, or is of interest!

Thanks, that is helpful up to a point. The details of course, are key. Can I email you off line with more specifics? My program, current diet, w/o schedule and get some feedback from you? Appreciate it if you can!

Thanks,

Mdlftr
  #12   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Thanks, that is helpful up to a point. The details of course, are key. Can I email you off line with more specifics? My program, current diet, w/o schedule and get some feedback from you? Appreciate it if you can!

Thanks,

Mdlftr
Yes of course - message away!
  #13   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
Yeah, serious man. PICS!!!!!!

Go Canada!!!!

Eh?

yahoo: storyen
  #14   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Okay so just over one week in and +4 pounds; everything is going well...
The shoulders seem to be distinctly widening, having received several comments in the last couple of days. The top row of abs are becoming quite visible so I think my bodyfat is dropping slightly or holding steady.
  #15   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM

This past week I hit 213, which is now officially my biggest ever!
  #16   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Hmm. I think we're about 10 months overdue for an update! How much do you weigh now?

xoxo

Richard

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options