The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Hulkmuscle's Training Log

Ok... here's the story. Basically, I've been going through a real hard time personally, and I need some kind of outlet to keep me feeling creative and focused.

I was extremely EXTREMELY skinny growing up. I'll try to find some photos, but they're not for the fainthearted. When I graduated college, I was about 135 lbs at 6'1. I fiddled around with weights for many years without any particular goal, figuring I didn't stand a chance at being anything more than skinny. Eventually, I made my way to 165-170. Average at best.

Then, in late 2000-early 2001, I decided I'd try bodybuilding in earnest. That winter, I made it to 185, then in 2002, I finally hit 200. Since then, I've been all over the map, trying to figure out what the heck I want. I've been up to 220 a couple times: one time I looked ok and felt good, the last time I felt kinda dumpy and lethargic. I'm probably gonna try to go up again, but try to do it with more care, so I can still wear my pants.

So, today I'm 195, down from 220 about 6 weeks ago. I'm getting compliments on the musculature because of the leanness (people are telling me I "look" bigger than when I was 220), but I feel underpowered and like I lost too much size this time. I usually drop weight in summer cause my appetite goes south (I've been as light as 180-185), but this summer I want to fight that, and see if i can actually gain my way past 200 a bit before bulking with more effort in the fall (when it's easier to eat heavier).

So, as of 6/21:
Weight: 195 (6'1)
Chest: 45.5
Arms: 16.25
Neck: 16
Calf: 16 (well, hey symmetry's worth something I guess)
Quads: 25
Waist: 34

Stay tuned, and let's see what we can do to change that...

Thanks Scott for giving me the confidence to do this.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:58 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Hey Hulk!

Glad you decided to dive in!

As far as why you might eat less during the summer it might just be a natural thing. Don't take offence to this, but even my dog eats less in the summer. Why? I would guess because of the heat. As the ext. temp rises, the body doesn't want to produce any more heat than it wants to... do I would gather that since eating food => heat and energy, that your body (being an intelligent device that it is) decides to be efficient and remain as cool as possible, will reduce the total intake so as to limit heat production.

That's just my personal belief based on what I know and what I've seen. I could be totally off the mark, but hey... who cares?

I've said it a thousand times before to you and I'll say it again... It doesn't matter if you're 290 or 190... bodybuilding is an illusion and as such you can look to be as big as 290 or as small as 190 just by how much BF you carry. It's not what the scale says that matters, it's how you look in the mirror.

Now, go eat something and get some rest.. then it's back to the gym!

Scott
  #3   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:18 PM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
Weight: 242 height 6 ft 4 3/4
Chest: 47
Arms: 16.5 flexed
Neck: 15.5
Calf: 17.5
Quads: 24
Waist: 37

hope i took those right arms were taken flexed but cold
everything else not flex i don't think i could take a chest measurment
and flex lats at the same
  #4   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:51 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you have made some excellent progress! And will continue to make excellent progress. You already sound big. Like Scott said, it all about what you look like rather than the weight, and looking more cut some how has the illusion of bigger muscles generally.

Keep up the good work,

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #5   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:00 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Hulk - one of the things we all need to do ... is quit being so DAMN hard on ourselves!! It's great to use such devices to motivate you to work-out... but it's horrible when we take the too far and just can't be satisfied with anything. I'm one of the worst at this... so I can definitely see it. Enjoy your body and recognize that extreme shifts in weight/composition over short periods of time will contribute to you feeling overall shitty as well. It'll get better as your body gets used to your new weight.

grywolf - dude.... I don't know why you doubt yourself so much. Your stats sound ALMOST EXACTLY like mine.... it's so similar, it's scary really. I mean, I haven't measured in quite a while but I'm somewhere in the vicinity of:

6'3" 1/2 (I just like to call myself 6'4")
255 lbs
18.5-19" neck
16.5" arms (yes, I measured two days ago... I've FINALLY cleared the 16" mark! everything else I haven't measured in almost a year)
48-49" chest
28-29" quads
18" calves
38-39" waist

and the good lord genetically blessed me with huge shoulders

so really.... I mean... considering your challenges with the FTM transformation and your knees and everything... I think you're doing utterly fantastic.
  #6   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:39 AM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
i know but i been at this for 7 years granted i missed the past 2 winters my stats haven't changed much in the past 3 years feel like i'm gradually getting through a major stick or platuo (sorry can't spell sometimes) and in some cases i behind where i was in the past legs i understand cause i haven't done much this spring with them
military press are down i'm doing about 20 lbs less then last year all my other sets
have increased think maybe i need to reshuffle my routine since everything else is doing well instead of doing mp near the end do them first or not after benching
see if that helps also i just think for my torso my arms are behind these are just
what i think i need to work more i had big shoulders for few year got used to having them i'm gonna get them back as far as wanting to balance my arms problay am being a bit hard but would i got this far if i hadn't i kept a workout journal for over 6 year and when i go to work out i have in mind what i want to
get out of each workout
  #7   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:34 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
As an FYI, here's a link to an old post I had in the pictures section, showing me in the 195-210 range.

Old pics
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #8   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:35 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Angry

Tried to post some new pics tonight but the attachment feature's down. Guess I'll get to them later this week.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #9   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:55 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
The attachment feature is down because the bandwidth is over for the pictures...
Use photobucket, or another site pls.
We need to see your pics!
  #10   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:51 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
New routine goes in this week: Delts and Arms today

Today was more about finding the groove than pushing weight. Worksets taken short of failure.

Hammer Delt Press 70*10, 90*6 (warmups), 110*8, 130*6, 110*10, 90*15
DB Lateral Raise 30*6/20*10 (drop-set) little heavier than expected

Barbell Curl 45*8 (warmup), 65*8, 55*10, 45*13
Cable Concentration Curl 30*10/20*8 (drop-set)

Hammer Seated Dip 100*8 (warmup), 140*8 (too light), 160*10, 110*14
EZ Bar Pushdown 120*10/100*6 (drop-set)

Did some ab work afterward.

Routine felt ok... delts felt solid, biceps were ok (I havent done traditional bb curls in a while, so I felt underpowered), dips felt off at first, then i realized I hadnt lowered the seat far enough to get a decent stretch. I hate the first couple weeks on a new routine because I haven't found the groove yet...it feels like you're just kinda doodling around to a certain degree, but it also helps ramp up momentum.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #11   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Shoot, just realized you can't edit posts now...

One mistake (learn how to proofread, doofus)...

Hammer Delt Press I maxed out at 140*6, not 130.

Is anyone keeping tabs on this yet? lol

Anyway, next up is back and chest. Let's see what happens.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #12   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
I had a job interview early this morning, and my current stressed-out mindset coupled with trepidation about the interview meant I got practically no sleep. No chance to nap during the day either, so I'm gonna not jeopardize my recovery and simply chalk this one off.

I'm in LA (Santa Monica/Venice) for the next week and a half, visiting my sister and her new babies. Mitch promised me he'll get me to Gold's Venice as often as we can; there's also a decent World in Marina del Ray that we occasionally go to.

I've also decided I'm gonna make a drastic change in this new routine that I hapharzardly cobbled together and go with a big basics routine that's always worked for me in the past. It's one of Ian King's programs, basic deads, squats, benches, chins, rows, presses; power moves for low-to-medium reps, not much direct arm work. I'd gained a fair amount of weight on it in the past, and since my confidence right now is in the basement, I want to use something I know and trust works, rather than just experiment and see what happens.

Mitch said he'll take some photos of me posing in Venice, so hopefully I'll have something to show when I get back. Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement, they really come in handy now. I just need to get over all this and hope for the best.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #13   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:44 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
G,
Yes we are keeping tabs on you! It's cool that you are down near my part of the country right now, I just wish I could get to Cali to meet up, but I have have both jobs going, and other commitments... Too bad you can't get your hosts to bring you gambling in 'Vegas!
  #14   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:10 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Since I know I lack the discipline to input all my workouts and weights, let me just summarize the past few days.

Started deadlifting again, wide grip, from the floor. It's surprising how much strength you lose when you don't do them for a while, but they felt good, got a nice fullness in the traps and entire midback. 2 days later and traps are still pumped.

Otherwise, it felt good to be in a hardcore gym...I've worked out mainly at the World in Marina del Ray, but for certain days, I'll splurge for the $20 day pass to Gold's. Chris Cormier was at World the past couple times.

Bodyweight hasn't moved much...edging closer back to 200, but on the plus side, definitely looking bigger again, which is at least makes me feel better about myself. So, yes I can say I'm growing again. :-)

Some guy came up to me today at Vitamin World and started asking advice on protein powder...he asked if I was a trainer. I said "not professionally" but I've helped people troubleshoot their routines or get started. He said he thought I was because I was "so friggin swole." I had a tank top on, so that was nice too. Wasn't even pumped. :-)

Anyway, spending lots of times with my new twin niece and nephew, all of 2 months old. I've been dutifully feeding, changing, rocking, putting to bed, picking up, you name it. They've brought so much joy into my life, it's hard to describe it without getting maudlin.

Anyway, just wanted to file an entry cause it's been a while. Have a good one, guys!
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #15   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:33 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Excellent to hear that you're enjoying your trip out to Cali! See.. everyone keeps telling you that you're looking great (and it's not just us muscle crazed guys either!)

I concur with the gent that asked if you trained professionally. Maybe you should try that as a new occupation/ part time hobby. You've got the right build and personallity to be successful at that. God only knows what I'd do if I didn't have people like you to bounce ideas off of!

Scott
  #16   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:40 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkmuscle
Started deadlifting again, wide grip, from the floor. It's surprising how much strength you lose when you don't do them for a while, but they felt good, got a nice fullness in the traps and entire midback. 2 days later and traps are still pumped.
Deads are great, they have always added so much depth to my traps and back. I've just got to doing them again as well over the last 2 months. Although, I haven't seem many people do a particularly wide grip before. Do you find you get sufficient leverage with that grip?
  #17   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:22 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_mastah
Deads are great, they have always added so much depth to my traps and back. I've just got to doing them again as well over the last 2 months. Although, I haven't seem many people do a particularly wide grip before. Do you find you get sufficient leverage with that grip?
The wider grip does make you have to lean further down at the bottom, and absolutely reduces the amount of weight you're bringing up, but this workout is full of non-traditional takes on traditional moves... I don't know if anyone else here has ever read Ian King's training principles/routines, but his stuff works for me. I think it's that element of surprise that keeps the muscles guessing and growing.

King usually devises workouts that are 8-12 weeks in duration, broken down into 4 phases, lasting 2-3 weeks each. Phase 1 is usually lots of supersets, intensity techniques (1.5 reps, drop-sets, partials, etc.) Reps tend to be high, rep speed slow, and you tend to do more exercises, but less sets of each.

Phase 2 turns into a more traditional routine; phase 3 borders more on powerlifting; and phase 4 is pretty much straight powerlifting with low reps of the 4 basic moves, several sets of each.

If anyone wants to learn more about his stuff, let me know.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #18   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2005, 10:05 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
Excellent to hear that you're enjoying your trip out to Cali! See.. everyone keeps telling you that you're looking great (and it's not just us muscle crazed guys either!)

I concur with the gent that asked if you trained professionally. Maybe you should try that as a new occupation/ part time hobby. You've got the right build and personallity to be successful at that. God only knows what I'd do if I didn't have people like you to bounce ideas off of!

Scott
Thanks again Scott, that means a lot to me.

Yesterday was upper back (rhombs and lats) and biceps, got a good pump. Day off today...squats tomorrow. We're just gonna spend time with the babies, relax by the pool and veg out. The weather's gorgeous, so might as well just soak it up.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #19   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2005, 10:24 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Some guy came up to me today at Vitamin World and started asking advice on protein powder...he asked if I was a trainer. I said "not professionally" but I've helped people troubleshoot their routines or get started. He said he thought I was because I was "so friggin swole." I had a tank top on, so that was nice too. Wasn't even pumped. :-)
Hi Hulk, Wow what an excellent motivating confrontation you had there! Like Scott said, you must be looking really big now!

BTW, thanks for the mentioning of Ian King's training principles, I will be sure to assimilate that shortly. If they work for you, hopefully, they might do me some good too.

Thanks and keep growing!

Marc

#20   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:01 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
A blog is born...

Something that I'd thought about doing for a while, then thought who would care about reading it, then I decided why the hell not...I'll still post here, but this one's more of a creative outlet (if anyone's interested...lol).

Let me take this moment to just make a deep dark terrible confession: I LOVE theatre. Especially musical theatre. Almost as much as bodybuilding (if that's to be believed). There it is, I've said it...deal with it. Also movies, writing, artsy stuff... Bodybuilding's a big part of my life, but I really miss talking about other things.

So, even though "muscles" and "musicals" are very similar words (only a coupla vowels difference), I won't clog the MGS forum with that kinda stuff.

If ya wanna check out my other digs:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/proscenium_arch/
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #21   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:59 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Having seen your avatar...

...don't people have a hard time discussing Sondheim with their mouths full?
  #22   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:20 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Should I take that as a compliment? :-)
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #23   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:43 AM

Gamm, if you think his avatar is hot, you should see him on video chat. His pecs are big enough that he's taught them to do tricks! :P
  #24   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:50 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
now there's a magic trick show I'd like to see.
  #25   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Well, all I can say is adversity (London bombings and my mother's psychiatric evaluation) can do wonders for your workout. Squats were on fire tonight. The Hulk came out tonight with a vengeance!
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #26   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:13 AM

That's good, I never got to the gym tonight since I couldn't walk today after my squats last night... Becareful, I love squats, but having use of your legs he next day is nice too.
  #27   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:11 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
His pecs are big enough that he's taught them to do tricks! :P
Man I agree! he has enormious pecs... gotta get myself a pair of those

Quote:
Well, all I can say is adversity (London bombings and my mother's psychiatric evaluation) can do wonders for your workout. Squats were on fire tonight. The Hulk came out tonight with a vengeance!
Yeah, my workout this morning was dame good! I really feel the pain in my muscles now (back and triceps today). My lats feel like they are on fire - should make them grow...

Take care y'all!

Marc

#28   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:05 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Posted a couple new pics: most muscular (not a great photo per se, but it shows progress), and a lat spread. Chest today. I like working chest. :-)

Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #29   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:59 PM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
looking big, man! into musicals? i saw one of 'dems once. lol. "the deamon barber of fleet street" or something like that. I liked it quite a bit. Nice sophisticated use of harmony, so i appreciated it. Anyway, keep up the good work, it looks like its paying off!
  #30   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Thanks bro, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix
looking big, man! into musicals? i saw one of 'dems once. lol. "the deamon barber of fleet street" or something like that. I liked it quite a bit. Nice sophisticated use of harmony, so i appreciated it. Anyway, keep up the good work, it looks like its paying off!
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #31   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:09 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Ok, not really a training log entry, but figured it'll explain a bit about what I've been dealing with lately.

Workouts are going great. 195ish still, but leaning out and getting bigger and stronger at the same time (hard to explain; my metabolism's nuts these days). Otherwise, just taking it one day at a time.

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys, it means a lot to me.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #32   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 6th, 2005, 07:48 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Good workouts this weekend. Things are finally starting to feel "normal" again. I was so stressed for awhile I couldn't even enjoy them, so much seemed to be riding on the; if they were less than extraordinary, I was disappointed.

I've told my friends for years "my workouts are my therapy." This weekend they finally felt that way again.

Peace all. Have a great weekend.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #33   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Greg, good point: working out can be great therapy. I just wish I could get to a gym, but I've been really sick lately...
  #34   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2005, 05:06 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
You were sick last time we talked Brent, hope it's not something lingering.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #35   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:24 AM

No, it's only lingered for about a week or so. I've been under a fair amount of stress lately: switching jobs, changing gyms, moving to a condo. They've all been positive changes, but I've been burning the candle at both ends, and apparently I'm part human...
  #36   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:29 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
The AC at the gym was out, but even with the fans on, it was way too hot and the air just seemed to sap your energy. It was delt and arm day (my triceps respond well to this combo). We were planning on marking to a certain degree, take it a little easy. Ironically, I got this adrenaline spike that came out of nowhere, because I was able to do more weight and reps than I did on my previous workout. What's up with that?

I've been wearing these stringer tanks to the gym because I figured maybe I won't sweat as much, but again, it seems I sweat even more in them because I was friggin soaked by the end. Bodyweight's edging up only slightly, but I still gaining in musculature and strength. Again, I'm not complaining, just confused by it all.

I've started ending my workouts lately with some posing and stretching. I've read several places that stretching afterward can help even moreso than stretching before. A couple guys at the gym who never say anything to me said hello. At my gym, that must mean I'm doing good...lol.

Thanks again for the support, especially regarding my Mom's condition. This weekend was really difficult, but I'm doing much better than I was a couple months ago. There's a light at the end of the tunnel...
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #37   Add to jdhdawg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:43 AM

jdhdawg is on a distinguished road
Weekend Update

Greg,

Thanks for your post. Anyone working out in a NYC gym with temps close to 100F and without A/C is definitely "serious" in my book.

Congratulations on the attention in the gym. It's always gratifying to get noticed by others...particularly the big guys. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you are back on track!
  #38   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:46 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
They finally have the AC fixed for the most part; last night was very comfortable and needless to say I found the groove very easily. Pecs, lats and traps. All my lifts are up, I'm working to failure or at least close to it, throwing in intensity techiques occasionally, but not so much as to cause overtraining (which is way too easy in this heat). Things are steamrolling ahead.

My most muscular has come up really well; it's taken a long time to get the traps right, but I've discovered the right way to do it now. My honey's always chuckling at me cause I keep trying to get it right all the time. That's me, the perfectionist. Never satisifed. Trying to find the balance has been the big project for me this year.

At some point I'll take some new photos. Things are starting to calm down with Mom, so I'm breathing easier these days and getting back to the hardcore passions I've had on the backburner: muscle, movies and musicals.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #39   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2005, 11:24 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Hey man love reading your livejournal.

I've been so bloody busy lately with work I can hardly reply...
Have you been to www.sondheim.com ?
It's got a great message board there, with lotsa Sondheim lovers.. You may even know a few.
Or do you already post there?

Keep in touch man. You're getting big!

(I finally got the copy of "Camp" that Sondheim appears in. I'm looking forward to it!)
  #40   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:22 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Thanks Gordon, yeah, the blog's ended up being a real cathatric thing for me. It started out as more of a lark, but I've really enjoyed the creative outlet it gives me. I've gotten some wonderful feedback, and made a couple new friends too. I like the fact that I can discuss anything: commentary, gossip, anecdotes, emotional dumping, etc. Between the blog, my workouts and actual therapy (which I'm sorry I never did a couple years ago, I think I could have avoided so much shit if I'd taken the plunge right after my Dad died. I recommend it to anyone who ever feels emotionally or psychologically stuck... it's the smartest thing I've done in the past couple years, I've learned so much about my patterns and it's been so intensely liberating...don't walk, run and sign up now), I've got three outlets going at once, and I feel so much better about stuff lately. When you lose your Dad, your best friend and you part ways, and your Mom's diagnosed with acute depression/dementia, all in the space of two years, it takes its toll trust me. For someone who used to consider himself Superman (don't worry about me, just let me take care of you), it was a rude awakening to say the least.

On the bodybuilding front, I took some photos today. My partner's also offered to take some for me. He's been so supportive of me through all this, especially since building's not the passion for him that it is for me, yet he backs me up 100% cause he sees how much it means to me. Jury's still out about posting these photos, but we'll see.

I've seen to sondheim.com a few times, but I'll try to get there more often. We're planning on seeing the revival of the musical version of Two Gentlemen of Verona with Rosario Dawson next week or so. This is the show that somehow beat Follies for Best Musical of 1972. I say heresy, but there must be something there worth seeing. A review is sure to follow.

Keep up the good work yourself Gordon, you seem to be on the right track yourself. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope the new job's treating you well.

If anyone else is interested in looking or has any suggestions for future stories/columns (I'm feeling like Walter Winchell now), the blog's here . I just posted a mini-review on the flick "Mysterious Skin" which I really enjoyed, disturbing as it was.

Have a good night all.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode