The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Reasons to get back to the gym

Not quite a growth story but a motivational one?

Was mowing part of the grounds today in an effort to expand the lawn and hit a partially buried concrete block that I forgot was there in the tall grass. Stopped the lawn tractor dead and jacked it up on two wheels.

Here's the bragging part: I was able to grab the fenders on the back of my John Deere tractor and lift it off the concrete enough to move it to uncover the block and get the tractor going again. It's not a huge tractor, but I don't think any of my neighbors could do it.

The last two years of lifting enabled an old fart like me to do that even with the last three months off of training due to all kinds of lame reasons.

Being strong has its advantages and I've been letting it go. Not anymore.

I'm going back to the gym tomorrow.

bulkybud

P.S. The rest of the story? My lower back is a little sore, but not bad, and the tractor seems to work fine. But I'm betting my mower blades look like Klingon weapons.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post
Was mowing part of the grounds today in an effort to expand the lawn and hit a partially buried concrete block that I forgot was there in the tall grass. Stopped the lawn tractor dead and jacked it up on two wheels.
For the benefit of those not in the United States, this is a lawn tractor
http://www.bestridinglawnmower.net/w...wn-tractor.jpg otherwise known as a "ride on mower". Average weight: 150 to 300kg (330lbs to 660lbs)
  #3   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
we have a home made trailor on ours and yesterday ny stepfather was trying
to back it straight up to the porch and after 3 attempts i said wait and i lifted the back of the trailor with the wood on it and moved it sideway about
afoot so it was straight with the porchit felt like at least 350-400 lbs
  #4   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle View Post
For the benefit of those not in the United States, this is a lawn tractor
"For the benefit of those' on this board that was me being proud of moving a 400 lb. piece of equipment by myself.

That my post apparently needed this clarification to point out what a puny accomplishment it was for me to move my "mower" makes me reconsider the much less aggravating life of being a lurker and not a poster.

But I'm still using that memory for a reason to be back at the gym.

bulkybud
  #5   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
a REAL MAN!

OMG Bulky, do you know what this post did to me? The image of a thick, muscled up REAL MAN lifting up a John Deere tractor (a real man's piece of machinery) turned me on and got the blood pumping to all of the naughty places. I can only imagine what your arms must have looked like during and after the lifting of that tractor.

Whew!! I gotta have a few minutes to recover! I would love to have seen a picture of that! If you got pictures, please share 'em!!!!

Or as Arpeejay would say, "Pix, dammit, PIX!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post
Not quite a growth story but a motivational one?

Here's the bragging part: I was able to grab the fenders on the back of my John Deere tractor and lift it off the concrete enough to move it to uncover the block and get the tractor going again. It's not a huge tractor, but I don't think any of my neighbors could do it.

The last two years of lifting enabled an old fart like me to do that even with the last three months off of training due to all kinds of lame reasons.

Being strong has its advantages and I've been letting it go. Not anymore.

I'm going back to the gym tomorrow.

bulkybud

P.S. The rest of the story? My lower back is a little sore, but not bad, and the tractor seems to work fine. But I'm betting my mower blades look like Klingon weapons.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options