The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to OUstud82's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:52 AM

OUstud82
Send a message via AIM to OUstud82 Send a message via Yahoo to OUstud82
thinking about trying steroids... help/advice please!

So after 2 years of working out, I have come to a 14 month standstill. My body fat has not dropped and my weight has not gone up. My diet is nearly perfect (promise) and i supplement with whey protein (nearly 80g per day).

So i think i want to start investigating the possibility of steroids. My question is this: Where should I get started? What kinds of research do I need to do, and how much?

I'm COMPLETELY foreign to them, although I am aware of most of the risks and do not need to be re-reminded of them. Any advice that anyone could give would be so much appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:23 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUstud82
So after 2 years of working out, I have come to a 14 month standstill. My body fat has not dropped and my weight has not gone up. My diet is nearly perfect (promise) and i supplement with whey protein (nearly 80g per day).
First of all i suggest that you try and discover exactly how your body weight is composed. This goes for everyone! Most people use a weighing scale but this is not good enough. You could be gaining lean muscle weight and loosing fat at the same time, but your overall weight stays the same. This has happened to me over the last few months. Even calippers are not good enough. I suggest seeing if your gym or health centre has a biostat machine which will tell you exactly how your made up (lean weight, fat weight etc). This is so important to get good measurments otherwise you loose motivation as in whats happened here with you. So bear in mind that you could be achieveing just that you dont see it because your only reading your over all weight. You should be able to buy an electronic scales for home use quite cheaply which not only takes your over all weight but your fat weight too. Once you have both of these ovbioulsy you can workout the leanweight by deducting the fat weight from the overall weight.

Quote:
So i think i want to start investigating the possibility of steroids.
Well first i suggest not doing it straight away. start monitoring you body composition as i have mentioned above, then if you really are not improving, start researching the roids. Im being rather hipicritical here, since as of saturday, i will no longer be natural myself. But even though i'm improving very well, i just want it faster. But, my motivation has not sunk at all. I continuiously monitor my body composition so that i know how well im doing. Have hit no platues to date.

Quote:
My question is this: Where should I get started? What kinds of research do I need to do, and how much?
Well where to start is kinda an odd one since you should research it in depth first, but then at the same time, if you can't get a source then its all pointless. Finding a source in the usa might be more challenging since its illegal for you to even star at them... here its much much easier.

As for what to research, you need to research the obvious ones... like the possible side effects (there are loads), what to expect, what to use etc and so on.

You already claim to know the possible side effects so i won't go on about them. What i will do is suggest that beginner stick to oral steriods on their first cycle, like dianabol and maybe injecting deca also. There is a good cycle called the "bread and butter" cycle, which combines both oral and injectable steriods, namely, d'bol, deca, and sustanan 250. As i recall, a beginner or first time roider can expect to experience a 15-20lbs gain (not sure on composision). One should inject 1ml of deca with 1ml of sus. Obviously this is size and weight dependent. You'll need to read up and check the amounts for your size. Obviously one can always inject more but be careful as obviously the side effects will be more extreme... or possible effects that is. Also make sure you have Nolvadex on stand by in case you begin to experience bitch tits... You'll also need clomid to stimulate your natural test once you come off cycle (PCT = Post cycle therapy).

Ok thats enough info for now, I'm no expert, but i have a feeling i be half way there soon enough

Hope this helps

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2005, 05:33 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Dear OU,Marco,et al.

I've decided to ease up on you,Marco;because I had to go through 2 cycles before I decided it was not for me.You have NO business counselling somebody else before you've tried it yourself!OU;how old are you?It's easier to gain muscle weight after 25.(harder after 35)LOTS of people have no idea how hard you have to train to gain muscle.Once you're past the intermediate stage,you can expect major changes every 3 mo.Sometimes it seems like nothing;then,all at once!You should change your workout about every 3 mo.,too.If the weights keep going up,YOU HAVE TO GROW!Good luck!g.
  #4   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:53 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
You have NO business counselling somebody else before you've tried it yourself!
Glam, I know, but we're only talking about less than 24 hours and i will have experienced it for the first time. Obviously i won't see the effects fully until week 3 or 4 but even so, soon i will on it. I just thought since i've researched this stuff quite a bit, i would share some of the knowledge i have gained.

Marc

#5   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 05:21 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Advice

Quote:

So i think i want to start investigating the possibility of steroids. My question is this: Where should I get started? What kinds of research do I need to do, and how much?

I'm COMPLETELY foreign to them, although I am aware of most of the risks and do not need to be re-reminded of them. Any advice that anyone could give would be so much appreciated, thanks!
First, READ up on the juice that interests you most. Know how to pronounce them, find out the various differences between them

Second, find someone that you know (or would like to know) who uses them....and ask them about their experiences.

Third, this is the hard part, get a hold of what you can without going to jail. That's probably harder than any injection you could ever give yourself. Remember, if you get busted, you could lose your job and gain a criminal record.

Juice is not rocket science; obviously, since so many bodybuilders are on them. But it is an underground science that requires knowledge on varying levels. You must know about them and then how to get them.

Good luck to you.
  #6   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:20 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
I think there is a fundamental difference here based on location. US residents have the extra problem of possession being illegal. Here in the UK the different legal treatment does seem to make availability better and advice easier to get hold of. Certainly getting hold of stuff is pretty easy once u talk to a few big guys.

I would suggest do your research as others have said. Also if you are going to start do plan carefully to make sure you can be focussed and organised for the whole of the cycle - if it is a time in your life when other things are in flux eg job, relationships, travel, money etc then might not be the best time to try. You really need a good clear period when you can eat/train/sleep in a methodical fashion for the whole period.
  #7   Add to OUstud82's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM

OUstud82
Send a message via AIM to OUstud82 Send a message via Yahoo to OUstud82
hmm.. let me try again

Hey thanks for all the answers and support guys, but I don't think I made myself very clear in my original post.

Before I go on, a little about me:
I am 22 years old (will be 23 in sept) and work out 6x/week at the University of Oklahoma gym (a great gym.. i work one body part per day). I am 5' 7" and weigh just under 150#. I have been working out since july 2003 (2yrs exactly). When I started I weighed 130-135 with about 15% bodyfat or a little higher. By January of 2004 I had gained about 20 pounds to weigh about 155 with about 14%BF. My body fat continued to drop to about 11% by June of 2004 while my weight remained constant, but none of the numbers have changed in last 13 months or so.

ANYWAY, Most of you are telling me to "do your research" which is exactly what my question was in the first place. What kind of research? what resources do I need to use? What aspects do I need to research on? are there websites with details laid out on them? See what I'm saying?

I appreciate your advice to "do research" but I'm a little like a lost puppy on this because I have no idea how to go about doing this research.

Thanks for any more specific advice you might have, all attempts at help are much appreciated!
  #8   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
On route to freakdom

ok, here is more specifically some websites i checked out. So you can start here.

http://www.anabolictruth.com/descriptions.htm
http://forums.1fast400.com/?showforum=19
http://www.anabolex.com/
[color=#abb2d5]http://67.18.108.244/index.php?&[/color]
[color=#abb2d5][/color]
[color=#abb2d5]http://www.anabolicsteroids.com/steroidexp.html#Past[/color]
[color=#abb2d5][/color]
^ this one is usful since it tells of real experiences others have had with various combinations. Thus you could pick a cycle and try it yourself.

http://www.deca-sustanon.com/dianabol.htm

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-dianabol.asp

^ Some useful info on dianabol.

Ok there is a few good links to start your research off. Basically, no one can tell you how much research you should do. You just keep doing it until you feel as though you are happy with what your getting yourself into.

I like to read lots of reports from lots of different sources. You can remove the rumors and crap information by finding the information that appears commonly between all sources, in other words, those that correlate.

Most of this research was carried out using the net, although i have spoken to a number of BB'ers whom roid as well as read a few books.

Hope this helps...

Marc

#9   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 04:07 PM

glammaman2000
just so you know...

as I said,it's easier to gain weight(muscle&otherwise)after age 25.Until then,you're still growing(your bones continue to thicken long after you stop getting taller).As your metabolism slows,slightly,you'll be able to divert more energy to muscle growth.
  #10   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2005, 07:44 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
After only 2 years, you're still in a very early stage as far as building your body. Some people take years to gain weight, even when their diet, workout, and lifestyle are all working properly. I think that, in this stage, you haven't reached your natural potential, which suggests that one or two things might be off in your program.

Remember that it's really difficult to gain significant amounts of weight while keeping your body fat % low. Most body builders go through bulking and trimming cycles. If you've stopped gaining weight entirely, chances are you aren't consuming enough calories for your bodyweight. It's easy to over-think this, but the quickest way to get big is to eat more, which is harder to do than it sounds.

As you gain mass, your body requires more calories just to maintain the weight you already have, which means that as you grow you need to eat more. If you're bulking, you can increase your fat and carb intake. This means you'll inflate around the middle, but remember that getting huge is a long-term goal: after you've put on 20lbs of fat and muscle, you can lose the fat and hold onto the muscle by changing your diet and altering your workout program.

Another possibility is that you may be over-training and/or not changing your routine frequently enough. Overtraining means that your body is just -tired- and doesn't have the energy to build new muscle, no matter how many weights you lift or calories you consume. Your body also adapts to excercise routines very quickly (from 4 weeks to 3 months). Building muscle involves breaking the muscle down first, but after a while of doing the same old thing, our bodies become more efficient, our muscles are less stressed, and there's less opportunity to grow.

When you change your routine, don't just change the excercises that you do: change the reps and sets, the days you work your muscles, even the order you work them in. There are a bunch of ways to switch around your program, without hurting it's efficacy. Instead of working one body part a day, for instance, try doing a two-day split, where one day you work your chest, back, and arms, and the next you work your legs, abs, and shoulders. Or do a 3-day split. Whichever.

I'm not saying don't do steroids, but what I am saying is that even with roids, if you're stalled because of one of the above situations, you won't be getting the most out of them, and I figure that if you're going to take the risk of using you should try to squeeze every bit of growth out of them as you can.
  #11   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2005, 04:12 AM

I bought the book "Chemical Muscle Enhancement" by L Rea. It is effectively a good steroid reference book written in a clear intelligent way with full descriptions and comparison charts etc.

I think the biggest problem you will find is getting a reliable source stateside. What you actually take is less of a problem than finding whether the stuff is available and legitimate. Also a key thing is to find some local buddies who can give you advice and support as it can seem scary on your own. The last comment is perhaps something that needs to be tempered with the legal situation. In the UK as has been said before it is not illegal to possess so while people are discrete I was surprised how many people offered me advice and genuine support in terms of making introductions/advice. I cannot stress enough the need to find a good supplier who has supplied people you know personally and therefore is selling legit stuff.
  #12   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2005, 05:29 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Sounds like I would love living in the UK! Now all I have to do is win the lotto.
  #13   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM

Well Dallas it is one big advantage here - usually I think almost everything is loaded in your favour in terms of alot of life's essentials Eg cost of food, cars, houses etc but am quite heartened to realise that in terms of juice things here seem more sensible (and cheaper) at least in the approach. I think even when the odd dealer is busted it is less high profile than it seems in the US. I think the police and the health service must see some benefit in the current arrangement. It is funny because bodybuilding as I have said on other threads is a pretty minority thing here although as I have learnt alot more people are on juice than I originally thought.

I always think with immigration it should work a bit like a swap. You find someone who wants to come here in exchange for one going the other way. Getting into the US as a Brit seems pretty hard, likewise the same the other way as we both seem to favour family reunification as the main immigration route. Great if you have a family with umpteen cousins and siblings but less good for us nuclear family types. Someone I used to work with comes from Guyana and his mother made sure at least one offspring went to the US, Canada, UK and Australia so that all the rest could then get where they want..Sounded like a very sensible mother!
  #14   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2005, 04:05 PM

glammaman2000
A REALLY sensible mother...

...knows when to keep her legs crossed.
  #15   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
100 different opinions...

and people wonder why I stay away from steroids COMPLETELY.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options