The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > General
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to visionsofruin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM

visionsofruin is on a distinguished road
Dark Knight Rises: Bane Disappointment

What I loved about Bane is that he's a muscle growth character. Pumps himself full of juice and gets insanely huge muscles and super strength.

But I guess that isn't happening in The Dark Knight Rises. The mask feeds a gas to Bane that is used as a narcotic because he is in constant agonizing pain due to an old wound.

I'm a little disappointed, but I'm still going to see it.

How many of you like watching Bane transform to near-Hulk proportions?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
I'm definitely a bane fan cuz of the muscle. The dark knight rises looks awesome anyway though so its okay if they don't do muscle growth. Movies tend to make growth look cheesy anyway. Plus it's not like the actor is skinny. He buffed up a lot for the role so looks good.
  #3   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:51 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
It's ok to be disappointed but don't not see the movie because of that. Christopher Nolan is an amazing director and his key to this series is first the dark nature and also not limit the CG of the character to as little as possible. He wants you to think all these characters could be real people and unlike the other batman banes of the past he wanted an actual actor lol, no offense to the awesome Jeep Swenson one of my favorite bane characters of all time
  #4   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Meh. I'll decide if I want to see the movie or not based on whatever criteria I wish to, and frankly, Nolan kept the basics of their character for all the other villains perfectly well. Bane as a concept has a stupid quality: the whole 'steroid r bad' thing plus the ridiculous luchador stereotype. But they subverted the cliche with the guy actually being a highly educated genius with a warrior code, who is strong to begin with and who uses the boost of the 'venom' drug in a way reminiscent of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

That dichotomy is, frankly, a hell of a lot more believable than the character of Batman, driven into a complete obsession (which we're shown with copious on-screen traumatic flashbacks) by something happened years ago when he was a young boy. Given that they are shown as overwhelming him, how is it these intense traumatic flashbacks haven't made him incapable of functioning in society for an extended length of time?
Still, that's the mythos of the Batman, and because the director respected that, Batman was believable.

Bane won't be.

This upcoming thing doesn't look promising to me at all. A drug-dependency on pain medication does not a Bane make, an actor who, even as buffed as he can get in the time allowed, is not as physically imposing as the star of the movie, does not a convincing physical threat make, and in the comics, the character Bane was threatening because he used both brains and brawn, and used the combination of the two to track down and physically BREAK the Batman. Not that DC let that stick, because cash cows are sacred, but honestly? This Bane-like character could be named anything else and be interesting. But named Bane, he's simply going to be not quite enough.
  #5   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Have you ever seen the Nolan Batman movies nnnrg? Nolan has has own vision of what the villains are supposed to be. The acting is unreal in these movies also. Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow and Heath Ledger's Joker were amazing interpretations of the characters and I have 100% faith in Tom Hardy's portrayal of Bane.

Nolan doesn't follow the comics entirely and he doesn't have to. The respect is there and his take on the storyline is based on real-world philosophy. You can't judge a character until you actually see the movie first.

Besides, I find Hardy to be quite easy on the eyes because he is one sexy man.
  #6   Add to visionsofruin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:17 AM

visionsofruin is on a distinguished road
I still have every intention of seeing this movie. I've been following the trilogy from the beginning, and I was excited to see how Nolan would interpret the growth. But even if it isn't there, I'm still overly excited to see how this all ends. The series is of epic proportions, and I just wanted to see batman fight a villain with more than mental prowess. Joker and Scarecrow, you get past the mental attacks of fear and misdirection, and then Batman just punches them. But with Bane, Batman has to out strategize, and then when he gets close, he has to fight someone stronger and larger. I know that with Nolan behind the wheel, this villain will top his past ones that raised the bar for everyone else.

I'm 200% ready to see this movie!!!!! I can't wait much longer!!
  #7   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:37 AM

THE BODYBUILDING GIANT is on a distinguished road
gutted bane aint som,e hulk like character wanted him to be some big steroid guy with veins and all oh well ill keep idiolising the hulk
  #8   Add to luvmuscles2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:51 AM

luvmuscles2006 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmuscles2006
Agree with you Nathan, surely there are enough muscle freaks around to play the role. What's your favourite Bane scene? Maybe you should have auditioned???
  #9   Add to wannabehuge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:01 PM

wannabehuge is on a distinguished road
The Bane in the movie had a nice build for the part. Built like a tank.
But I was more impressed by a guy toward the middle of the movie. He's in the prison and ties the rope around Bruce Wayne so he can try to climb out of the hole. That guy had an awesome chest.
  #10   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:52 AM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
I suppose it's that the director wanted an actor who could play the part and he'd already directed Tom Hardy and knew he could carry off the character the way that Chris Nolan wanted it to be portrayed.

I just wish he'd spent a little more money on SFX and scaled him up a bit more.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options