The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.40 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to messergun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM

messergun is on a distinguished road
I want a bull's neck- help, guys

Hi,

I want my neck to explode. You know those guys with necks wider than their heads. Well, I want to be one of them.
Wrestlers have terrific necks. How do they come to that?

Please recommend some way to develop my neck.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Well I tend to focus on the Heise Shrug to build up the traps. Shoulder shrugs should do the same, pretty much just have to focus on exercises that target the traps.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #3   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Look up neck developer on the internet and you will see a straplike harness that you can hang weight from and develop your neck. They cost about $20 US. They work really well.
  #4   Add to FRNKPBDY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:49 AM

FRNKPBDY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FRNKPBDY
Hey messer:

Try doing the following exercises-

Chin to neck stretch-- Sit on the floor and place both hands at the rear of your head, fingers interlocked, thumbs pointing down and elbows pointing straight ahead. Slowly pull your head down to your chest and hold the position for 20-30 seconds.

Lying down plate/neck resistance--Lie face down with your body straight on a flat bench. Hold a weight plate behind your head. Be sure to position yourself so that your shoulders are slightly above the end of the bench in order for the upper chest, neck and face to be off the bench. This is your starting position.
While keeping the plate secure on the back of your head slowly lower your head (as in saying "yes") as you breathe in.
Raise your head back up to the starting position in a semi-circular motion as you breathe out. Hold the contraction for a second.
Repeat as desired. Be sure NOT to make any sudden, jerking motions. You can also do this exercise face up as well.

Seated head harness neck resistance--Place a neck strap on the floor at the end of a bench. Select the weight you want to use and sit at the end of the bench with your feet wider than shoulder width apart from each other. Point your toes out.
Slowly move your torso forward until it's almost parallel with the floor. Using both hands, position the neck strap around your head. Make sure the weights are still on the floor so you don't strain your neck. Grab the weight with both hands while elevating your torso back until it's almost perpendicular to the floor. Your head and torso need to be tilted slightly forward while doing this exercise.
Place both hands on top of your knees. This is your starting position.
Slowly lower your neck down until your chin touches the upper part of your chest while breathing in. While exhaling, bring your neck back to the starting position. Repeat as desired. Remember, this puts a LOT of stress on your neck muscles and you need to be careful. Sudden jerking or movement will cause you to strain your neck. You might want to practice the form first without any weights to get used to the movements.

Do this and you should start developing that bull neck look. Good luck!!

Frank
  #5   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Shrugs

Shrugs.
That is all.
BIG TIM

Quick Reply
Bold