The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to XXLTank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2005, 04:20 AM

XXLTank has disabled reputation
My bf won't let me do roids

Anyone been in this situation and managed to persuade him?

XT
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2005, 06:47 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
No.

I almost started dating someone who was also into bodybuilders but he was more into fitness; just working out to stay healthy. When he learned of my chemical assistance, he became very negative and stated very matter of factly that he couldn't and wouldn't put up with my using.

Well, that was our last conversation. Yeah, you have a choice to give up what you believe is right but so does he. In my case, he wasn't worth it. I'm not a junkie who goes around committing crimes so I can have my "fix" or something and I see a doctor regularly.

I figure if he's willing to draw a line in the sand, then he's also not willing to make a go of it. If you give up something you believe in, then you'll only resent him for keeping you small. Everytime you look at a bodybuilder, you'll think, "that could be me" and turn to him and look at him with slowly growing resentment.

Better to find someone, perhaps another bodybuilder, who thinks like you. BUT that's up to you.
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2005, 08:00 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Read ukmus's thread...

along with his inspiring enthusiasm&hot times;he's dealing with zits,having to take more drugs to counteract the effects of the'roids&contemplating having his nipples removed,scraped&sewn back on again.You have a very smart boyfriend.
  #4   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:31 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Well I think there is a difference between taking the odd cycle once or twice a year and being on juice and heavy doses all year around.

I think I would try to persuade someone by saying that if it created a serious physical or mental problem eg rages or horrendous spots then it is an issue ( and that issue is really that you are taking the wrong combination or in too high a dose). Otherwise I would try and get them to read more about the subject and get a more informed view. I would also like to understand more about the basis for the objection - is it fear of the legality of the use, is it the health issue or is it a fear of you becoming muscle obsessed?

I think often you do find bodybuilders dating other big guys partly one assumes because both "get" the urge to be big. In other couples there must be some accomodation of the juice issue.
  #5   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2005, 11:57 AM

I agree with UK

There's a tremendous difference between using steroids and abusing steroids. Everybody's BODY is different and can tolerate (or not tolerate) different amounts of juice. But even knowing your upper limits means that you have to reach them each time you cycle....assuming, of course, that you come off of them which you should if you have any intelligence whatsover.

I've seen some guys who don't get off them but "bridge" their cycles, as they like to call it. But they are only fooling themselves and they get away with it because they are young. Your body can only take so much pounding.

Steroids are not something that should be taken lightly; I'll be the first to admit. Nor should they be treated like heroine either. If the spouse isn't willing to work with you on even the lightest level, you need to ask yourself questions regarding YOUR priorities. Answer that only you can provide.
  #6   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:33 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
I would ask him why he objects. Then I would go through each point one by one and attempt to allay his fears or counter his ignorance. Most people who are not involved in bodybuilding are completely ignorant of steroid related issues. They hear a few horror stories, some media hype, and just outright lies with regards to the effect of steroids, and this gives them some serious reservations. If the bf is worth it, he will understand your position and as Dallas says they will at least attempt to accomodate you half-way. Otherwise you either dont use or you go seperate ways.

From a personal perspective anyone who has a problem with me about my use could frankly get lost. But Ive never been in a situation where I was dating a guy already BEFORE deciding to use by myself alone (first time I used I bought my bf a cycle too )
  #7   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:45 AM

Now THAT is a nice BF!
  #8   Add to beeflover2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:55 AM

beeflover2001
In the US, they're illegal, so to start with, you become a criminal and no better than any other illegal drug user. Maybe your boyfriend doesn't want to date a criminal. Maybe he's concerned about your health. Chances are, you'll be buying the juice from some sleazo drug dealer at the gym, not prescribed by a doctor, and certainly not under a doctor's care.
  #9   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2005, 03:44 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
You need to talk to your bf, and find out why he objects. My husband won't let me use them either, and I am a little resentful at times, however I love him much more than muscle (and that's a lot!) You need to make a choice of what's more important to you, or talk through a compromise. In my case, Rob doesn't want me having health problems 30 years from now, and I'm cool with that.
  #10   Add to sluisga's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2005, 08:09 AM

sluisga is on a distinguished road
In the US, they're illegal

What countries AREN'T they illegal? I'm sure in the UK they're classed as illegal class C drugs?

As for the question, my boyfriend said he'd leave me if I used gear as he's starting his 1st job since finishing uni as a surgical recovery nurse soon and wouldn't want it to affect his work in any way possible.

Been going out 3 years now and I knew of his decision since our 1st year and I did say I could take them in 10 years from now and he said he would worry about it then so who knows!
  #11   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM

I understand that in the UK they are not class C drugs. To possess or use of personal use is not illegal but to sell or deal is...
  #12   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:28 AM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Yep, Steroids are nice and easy over here in the UK, no problems what-so-ever. Like Brian said, selling them is however illegal, but if you just happen to stumble across some by sheer accident, which naturally is always the case, then its perfectly fine to take them home with you and shove them in your ass.

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #13   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:39 AM

Well Marco to clarify even further it is a strange UK legal situation like with prostitution - it is not illegal to hire a prostitute or to pay money to one. It is illegal for the prostitute to offer such services or for someone to live off such "immoral" earnings (ie pimp). So....the customer is never prosecuted...

Certainly as you have found suppliers are not hard to come by here.I have probably had about 4-5 offers of people who use juice themselves to introduce me to their supplier. That is also without particularly trying to find any. In any decent gym there seems to be no problem at all finding what you want if you are sensible and not rash in your introductions. I've yet to know of anyone here getting fake stuff either. From what I see the Police appear to either turn a blind eye to dealers or, as I suspect, are buying too.
  #14   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM

Your description of the UK scene reminds me of the gym scene in the US in the early 80s. Just walk into the gym, look for the biggest guy around and....

AKA The Good Old Days.
  #15   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:39 AM

the other thing that is a proxy for the lack of police interest in steroid supply is the cost...I was pleasantly surprised by the relative cheapness of stuff given the prices u see people mention in the US. The low prices to me indicate relatively low risks for those in the supply chain...
  #16   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:42 AM

arguably the lack of risk to source stuff here and what appears to be lowish risks to supply I would argue do seem to encourage less scamming and higher quality..there is just not enough in it for some shysters to get involved from what I can tell and if you are a selling counterfeit gear you have quite alot of competition from legit sources. bad news spreads faster than good news so u never get an ongoing relationship with a customer...basic business studies stuff..
  #17   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2005, 05:56 AM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
While there may be less counterfeit stuff in the UK, there is still plenty going around. Especially of the underdosed variety.
  #18   Add to sluisga's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:50 AM

sluisga is on a distinguished road
Talking

eh.. thanks for the update on this. I had thought they were class C but now it seems they're not. or are.. who knows? If they're legal for sole consumption (and bad in high doses), what's the point of making them illegal to buy? Seems like this should've happened to tobacco years ago. gees.

Anywaysorry for steering this forum off topic, let's see if this puts it back on track!
  #19   Add to gymrat4sir's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:56 PM
seeking Coach/Mentor

gymrat4sir is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gymrat4sir Send a message via Yahoo to gymrat4sir
sounds like it's...

time for a new BF

http://www.BigMuscle.com/~gymrat4sir
  #20   Add to lucas's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2005, 03:51 PM

lucas
Steroids or BF? I would say: JUICE!!! dump the BF. If you get to develop a big body, BF's will come like flyes...
On a serious note, you can't give something away that you like and is important for your self being. Don't do something just to make someone else happy, do it for yourself...
  #21   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2005, 02:29 PM

Dayum, Lucas, you said a book in a few sentences! And all of it true!!! In a relationship, certainly there is give and take. But if you give so much that you aren't who you want to be, then you're giving too much. Just as I wouldn't want someone to change because of me, and I doubt they ever really could if their goal is just to please me, I could never change to "me" to please someone else. Fortunately, for me....that's not a problem!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options