The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Surveys & Polls
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Surveys & Polls Cast your vote or create your own polls here!

Poll: From the synopsis, who do you think you will like the most?
Poll Options
From the synopsis, who do you think you will like the most?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:29 AM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Without reading a word, which character will you like the best?

I realize that this is a bit premature, but I am working on what could be a great new series featuring gay secret agents. This is basically an alternate timeline of the James Bond series where there will be two main characters instead of just one. The agency MI6 will be included as well as a opposing organization called The Association. There are currently nine characters in this series that will be incorporated.

At MI6 we have:
Agent Sean Pierce, a thickly muscled dark haired well-dressed debonair stud who would embody a Bondian type agent only he is gay and not straight.
Agent Daniel Moore, an athletic extreme sport enthusiast with blonde hair who has worked along side Pierce a time or two.

These two are the main characters in this series too.

Then we have Chief Ian Benson, who previously was an agent himself but basically got too old to be on assignment anymore. Despite his graying hair, Benson has quite the body still and is very strict about not having rendezvous with his agents.

Dr. Raymond is the weapons expert and agency personal trainer all rolled into one. He is responsible for keeping the agents in tip top shape and supplies them with the resources they need on assignment.

Now for The Association:

Dalton Lazenby is a former MI6 agent who was fired for insubordination. He formed The Association to takeover all of the world debt and control the markets around the world. He is smart, handsome, and ripped physically. He knows the ins and outs of MI6.

Craig Fleming is young and dangerous. He loves violence and isn't afraid to use it to become famous. His delusions of grandeur fancied Lazenby enough to hire him. Fleming has tendencies to go on bulking cycles because he loves the feeling he gets from them. He changes his appearance constantly and is known as the 'Chameleon' in many circles.

Roger Brosnan is a ridiculously huge brute that was hired for his powerful nature. He doesn't use weapons, but rather his strength when he fights.

Timothy goes by one name because of his smallish nature. Those who call him 'Tiny' end up dead.

Finally we have Connor George, who doesn't work for anyone in particular. He basically works for anyone that is willing to pay him. He was in a relationship with Agent Pierce when they were younger. He has served time in prison for selling military secrets to the European Union. Despite their differences, he still has a liking to Pierce. He is known as 'The Con' in many circles. He is an expert in technological advancement.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to raven79 For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (November 22nd, 2012)
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Secret agent man

Hmmm... this is a pretty ambitious undertaking. I hope you have lots of time for writing!

From the descriptions, the characters that sound the most intriguing to me are:

Agent Sean Pierce, a thickly muscled dark haired well-dressed debonair stud who would embody a Bondian type agent only he is gay and not straight.
[given that this is supposed to parallel the "real" Bond timelines, early 1960s, I have NO idea how a gay secret agent could be effective, since he would be likely to be blackmailed by enemies. Interesting to see how that plays out.]

Dr. Raymond is the weapons expert and agency personal trainer all rolled into one. He is responsible for keeping the agents in tip top shape and supplies them with the resources they need on assignment.[If he's like Bond's "Q" he could be comic relief. Someone has to be, otherwise this whole thing could end up being very like "Smiley's People" all John LeCarre-ish and serious and grim. Hope it doesn't go that way!]

Dalton Lazenby is a former MI6 agent who was fired for insubordination. He formed The Association to takeover all of the world debt and control the markets around the world. He is smart, handsome, and ripped physically. He knows the ins and outs of MI6. [Head bad guy. Hmmm. Interesting, especially since you would expect him to know Pierce, and his ah, "proclivities". What will he do with that information?]

Finally we have Connor George, who doesn't work for anyone in particular. He basically works for anyone that is willing to pay him. He was in a relationship with Agent Pierce when they were younger. He has served time in prison for selling military secrets to the European Union. Despite their differences, he still has a liking to Pierce. He is known as 'The Con' in many circles. He is an expert in technological advancement. [The "honest broker" /neutral character. Like Switzerland. Again, interesting set up]

This all sounds very promising. Sounds like a tremendous amount of work, but the characters are all interesting.

Good luck with the writing!

Mdlftr
  #3   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Thank you Tim. This concept has been in the back of my mind for quite some time. I'm sure you figured out why I named them the way I did.

As for Pierce, he will have a few qualities of past Bond interpretations, but this will take place in the present. Dr. Raymond will be humorous, but he also knows how important his place is in the organization. Lazenby is a fairly general villain. I find it amusing that the people voting find his henchman more interesting. Connor George is most definitely neutral and knows where he stands. He may be my favorite character when all of this is over with, but we will see.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options