The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Personals
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Personals Connect and meet with other muscle growth fans in your area. Looking for a friend, training partner, or something else? Check out this forum!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:20 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Moved to Texas

Hello all, as is the life in the military, I moved again. This time I am stationed at Fort Hood, TX. I am currently on leave in California visiting family for the holidays. However, I'll be back in Texas first week of January. If there are any members out near Ft Hood (Killeen, Temple, Copperas Cove, etc) it would be cool to hang out and explore town. If you are further out (Austin, Waco, etc), I would enjoy making a day or weekend trip out of it.

Stay Huge,
Gabe
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2 View Post
Hello all, as is the life in the military, I moved again. This time I am stationed at Fort Hood, TX. I am currently on leave in California visiting family for the holidays. However, I'll be back in Texas first week of January. If there are any members out near Ft Hood (Killeen, Temple, Copperas Cove, etc) it would be cool to hang out and explore town. If you are further out (Austin, Waco, etc), I would enjoy making a day or weekend trip out of it. Stay Huge, Gabe
Fort Hood rings a bell for some reason (and I cannot for the life of me think why). First of all have a Merry Christmas in California (not much chance of a white Christmas there I don't think) and secondly (he says checking his maps of Texas) do you happen to know the town of Waxahachie (which Google Earth says is 128 miles or 2 hours north east of Killeen). The reason I ask is that I have been invited to attend the Renn Faire at that town next year (at the start of the season) as a member of a Musketeer corps and was thinking seeing as you are a member of the miltary and I am playing a miltary role whether there's the chance of actually being able to say "Ah, hello there, I recognise that face from somewhere". This, of course, is all provided that monetary constraints don't prevent it (and you know what they are like at the moment!)
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:31 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle View Post
Fort Hood rings a bell for some reason (and I cannot for the life of me think why). )
Scene of a military shooting: an Army psychiatrist opened fire on fellow soldiers and killed or wounded a whole bunch of people inside a dining hall. He himself was shot through the spine and is now awaiting trial.
There is a lot of anger over this case: he could have/should have washed out of training any number of times, but he was helped to stay in because the higher ups wanted his demographics. Apparently he is now either claiming that he's insane or some such excuse. The service provided him an education, and the jerk used the opportunity to harm fellow soldiers.

I don't know all the facts, but this is not a happy scenario.
  #4   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Scene of a military shooting: an Army psychiatrist opened fire on fellow soldiers and killed or wounded a whole bunch of people inside a dining hall. He himself was shot through the spine and is now awaiting trial.
There is a lot of anger over this case: he could have/should have washed out of training any number of times, but he was helped to stay in because the higher ups wanted his demographics. Apparently he is now either claiming that he's insane or some such excuse. The service provided him an education, and the jerk used the opportunity to harm fellow soldiers.

I don't know all the facts, but this is not a happy scenario.
The shooting actually happened at the SRP (Soldier Readiness Processing) Site... Pretty much it is the place where soldiers getting ready to go on deployment or returning from deployment process through for all sorts of things (medical, dental, finance, psychological, etc). It caused a psychological blow throughout the army... here were soldiers that safely survived 1 year of deployment in much more dangerous situations only to return home to be wounded or killed. What made it worse was that the shooter was one of our own. We are trained to trust each other with our lives and he bellied that trust... Thus the great anger over the case.
  #5   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle View Post
Fort Hood rings a bell for some reason (and I cannot for the life of me think why). First of all have a Merry Christmas in California (not much chance of a white Christmas there I don't think) and secondly (he says checking his maps of Texas) do you happen to know the town of Waxahachie (which Google Earth says is 128 miles or 2 hours north east of Killeen). The reason I ask is that I have been invited to attend the Renn Faire at that town next year (at the start of the season) as a member of a Musketeer corps and was thinking seeing as you are a member of the miltary and I am playing a miltary role whether there's the chance of actually being able to say "Ah, hello there, I recognise that face from somewhere". This, of course, is all provided that monetary constraints don't prevent it (and you know what they are like at the moment!)
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Before this month, I had never travelled to Texas (other than passing through in airports). So not sure where Waxahachie is nor am I yet involved in the community enough to attend/volunteer at Ren Faires. However, if you have the resources and decide on going, I would not mind driving out to visit.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options