The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #41   Add to onelocolobo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM

onelocolobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to onelocolobo
Check it out

Hey-
Check out the latest review of Rowan's book: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Boo...rushsusan.html

(sorry Rowan, didn't mean to steal your thunder but hadn't heard from you in awhile so I thought I'd share )
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to ferro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM

ferro is on a distinguished road
Reviewers...

So far we've seen pointers to three reviews of Rowan's novel, all of whom are women.

It's great that the book is attracting reviews outside of what I'd expect to be its primary audience, but don't men write reviews of male erotic fiction? Or is it that they just don't post them when they do?

Ferro
  #43   Add to roscoe8's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:39 PM

roscoe8 is on a distinguished road
Your post is an ADD. Not a story. You should move it..
  #44   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:47 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Never Postpone Flaming of Author-Insulting Morons

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe8
His post has Attention Defiicit Disorder? What?

Seriously, sir. You... are a jerk. This is your first post to the site, in 2 years of membership, and this is the introduction you choose for yourself? Bitching at one of our most revered and prolific authors, one of the very reasons this site is here at all for you to enjoy? Hi, sucks to meet you too.

Even if you're right (and you're... at least, not totally wrong) about the posting being inappropriate or off-topic for the particular forum it's posted in, I think I can speak for a majority of the members when I say that Rowan has more than earned the right to simply inform the readers here of the single for-profit offering he's ever put forth, after giving us literally hundreds of hours of his time and effort free of charge. (The fact that this thread got to 2 pages before you decided to chime in seems ample support of that claim.) There was certainly no hard-sell, and it's not like the posting was in any was surreptitious -- the frickin' title has "eBook" and "for sale" right in it! What's your frickin' problem?

Rowan. being the nice guy that he is, would probably be more reticent in his response to your complaint. He'll probably be falling all over himself to agree with you and apologize for his faux pas, Because he'll recognize that, as I conceded, you do have a point... and he'll feel bad.

And that's the real point of the matter. You're not SUPPOSED to make Rowan feel bad. You're supposed to, like, kiss up to him and suck his cock. Spend a couple of seconds of every day silently thanking him for what he (and many others) have brought to this site of their own free will and dedication.

<MargaretCho'sMom>And when friend just happen to mention he have eBook for sale... no bitch!</MCM>

Ya cheap bastard.
  #45   Add to ts1976's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:57 PM

ts1976 is on a distinguished road
LOL! That's tellin' him, nypup!
  #46   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:10 AM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypup2train
You're not SUPPOSED to make Rowan feel bad. You're supposed to, like, kiss up to him and suck his cock. Spend a couple of seconds of every day silently thanking him for what he (and many others) have brought to this site of their own free will and dedication.
Hear, hear!

I totally agree with you, nypup. It appears that roscoe8 is a newbie, but that's still no excuse for insulting a board author like that. Not only is it plainly rude but it's also unnecessarily inflammatory, especially given, as you pointed out, Rowan's unbelieveable contributions to the board over the last year. Even if you didn't know roscoe8, it's still in your interest to keep board authors HAPPY. Happy authors = prolific authors. Oh, if only I was a board admin....

Anyway, I couldn't have captured it as well as you did nypup. Again, well said!

--JSmith
  #47   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Muscle Growth is a "hitch market"

For better or worse muscle growth fiction in a rather small community... so it is natural that if Rowan's book is going to get any reviews in the "mainstream" it will be as a romance and the main readers of that gendra are women... and most reviewer of romance books are going to be (or claim to be) women...

As a rule men tend to be more visually oriented and so lean toward graphic media and women are more verbal and tend towards print media... that's why "Martiams" and "Venusians" don't understand each other... even if the particlar "Martians" do have some of the preferances of "Venusians"

Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferro
So far we've seen pointers to three reviews of Rowan's novel, all of whom are women.

It's great that the book is attracting reviews outside of what I'd expect to be its primary audience, but don't men write reviews of male erotic fiction? Or is it that they just don't post them when they do?

Ferro
  #48   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelocolobo
Hey-
Check out the latest review of Rowan's book: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Boo...rushsusan.html

(sorry Rowan, didn't mean to steal your thunder but hadn't heard from you in awhile so I thought I'd share )
Hey, I've been out of town for a while, and didn't get this review until yesterday. It was a nice surprise to come home to.

Quote:
You know, I don't even know where'd you GO to find reviews of gay themed ebooks. That's something to look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe8
That's probably true. The thing is, I was so excited that I had a book with a bonafide cover, that I just couldn't wait to share it with this site, because this is (without a doubt) one of my FAVORITE sites. And the story section of the forum is where I most hang out, so it seemed only natural to post it here.

Quote:

Seriously, sir. You... are a jerk. This is your first post to the site, in 2 years of membership, and this is the introduction you choose for yourself? Bitching at one of our most revered and prolific authors, one of the very reasons this site is here at all for you to enjoy? Hi, sucks to meet you too.

Even if you're right (and you're... at least, not totally wrong) about the posting being inappropriate or off-topic for the particular forum it's posted in, I think I can speak for a majority of the members when I say that Rowan has more than earned the right to simply inform the readers here of the single for-profit offering he's ever put forth, after giving us literally hundreds of hours of his time and effort free of charge. (The fact that this thread got to 2 pages before you decided to chime in seems ample support of that claim.) There was certainly no hard-sell, and it's not like the posting was in any was surreptitious -- the frickin' title has "eBook" and "for sale" right in it! What's your frickin' problem?

Rowan. being the nice guy that he is, would probably be more reticent in his response to your complaint. He'll probably be falling all over himself to agree with you and apologize for his faux pas, Because he'll recognize that, as I conceded, you do have a point... and he'll feel bad.

And that's the real point of the matter. You're not SUPPOSED to make Rowan feel bad. You're supposed to, like, kiss up to him and suck his cock. Spend a couple of seconds of every day silently thanking him for what he (and many others) have brought to this site of their own free will and dedication.

<MargaretCho'sMom>And when friend just happen to mention he have eBook for sale... no bitch!</MCM>

Ya cheap bastard.
Okay, I shouldn't laugh. But I did. Long and hard. Thanks.

The scary thing is that people here seem to know me pretty well. I DID feel bad when I read that post. I'd finished and sold another (short) story, and I had been debating whether to announce it (when it does go on sale) when I read the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1976
LOL! That's tellin' him, nypup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2300
Happy authors = prolific authors.
LOL. That seems like a pretty viable equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
For better or worse muscle growth fiction in a rather small community... so it is natural that if Rowan's book is going to get any reviews in the "mainstream" it will be as a romance and the main readers of that gendra are women... and most reviewer of romance books are going to be (or claim to be) women...

As a rule men tend to be more visually oriented and so lean toward graphic media and women are more verbal and tend towards print media... that's why "Martiams" and "Venusians" don't understand each other... even if the particlar "Martians" do have some of the preferances of "Venusians"
Yeah, that seems about right. lol.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #49   Add to ferro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:49 PM

More information, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
The scary thing is that people here seem to know me pretty well. I DID feel bad when I read that post. I'd finished and sold another (short) story, and I had been debating whether to announce it (when it does go on sale) when I read the post.
Debate? Debate?!? Damn straight you're going to announce it here!

For that matter, why wait until it's ready to go on sale? If you did, we'd long since have driven you nuts with questions like "What's the title?" and "Who's the publisher?" and the classic "When does it go on sale?" Save your sanity (and ours). Please.

Since you already have this handy dandy topic set up, you can just add a new reply to it for now. You can leave the question about starting a new topic to announce the story's actual publication to a later date...

Ferro
  #50   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
For that matter, why wait until it's ready to go on sale? If you did, we'd long since have driven you nuts with questions like "What's the title?" and "Who's the publisher?" and the classic "When does it go on sale?" Save your sanity (and ours). Please.

Ferro
heh.

One Good Hand
Twisted Shift
Next month, I think.

It's about a poker player who ends up winning an enigmatic man. And, yes, there's muscle growth.

There. Happy?

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; May 16th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.
  #51   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Okay, I shouldn't laugh. But I did. Long and hard. Thanks.
You're welcome. Most satisfying response my posting could have generated... you just made my day. ...And hell you shouldn't laugh! It's good for you!

Now (never one to pass up an opportunity)... while I've got your attention:

*pulls out pocketwatch (who has a pocketwatch, anyway, these days?) and begings swinging it slowly back and forth... back... and forth*
Rowan? Rowan, can you hear me? It's me, Gavin.

You haven't written about me since last September... that's almost a year, in your time. I've been so frustrated; you know I don't like to be ignored. If this goes on much longer, I may have to work my frustrations out with Blake.

...He'll be lucky if he survives.
*ahem* What was that? Oh, look, the Queen! *ducks out the side door*

-Pup
  #52   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
You're welcome. Most satisfying response my posting could have generated... you just made my day. ...And hell you shouldn't laugh! It's good for you!

Now (never one to pass up an opportunity)... while I've got your attention:

*pulls out pocketwatch (who has a pocketwatch, anyway, these days?) and begings swinging it slowly back and forth... back... and forth*
Rowan? Rowan, can you hear me? It's me, Gavin.

You haven't written about me since last September... that's almost a year, in your time. I've been so frustrated; you know I don't like to be ignored. If this goes on much longer, I may have to work my frustrations out with Blake.

...He'll be lucky if he survives.
*ahem* What was that? Oh, look, the Queen! *ducks out the side door*

-Pup
Has it really been that long? Sheesh.

Good thing the next installment is up to two pages...

No promises though. We all know that I write wicked fast or wicked slow, with nothing in between.

-The Tick
  #53   Add to ieny24's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:38 PM

ieny24 is on a distinguished road
Very Well Put

Quote:

Ya cheap bastard.
I don't usually participate in the discussions here (one of the reader-only members...) but I got to tell you that I was really moved by the way you defended Rowan. It's great to know that there are still some people who give a damn.

Very nice.
  #54   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Has it really been that long? Sheesh.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised myself, when I checked. "Flow" kept me sated for longer than I realized, but now you're right back on the hook again.

Quote:
Good thing the next installment is up to two pages...
Pissa'!

Quote:
No promises though. We all know that I write wicked fast or wicked slow, with nothing in between.
Bizaah. (Hee. Sorry, your "wicked"s brought me back to my Boston days.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieny24
I don't usually participate in the discussions here (one of the reader-only members...) but I got to tell you that I was really moved by the way you defended Rowan. It's great to know that there are still some people who give a damn.

Very nice.
Why, thank you. (...To everyone who expressed such sentiments, and who I inadvertently snubbed earlier in singling out Rowan's reply.) I can't take a lot of credit, just part of the way I was brought up. (Not by my parents... by my netadmins!)

You youngsters probably barely ever glance at Usenet anymore (nor do I), even if you know it exists/ed.... and the Art Of The Flame(tm) is becoming a lost one. But back in the Old Days (the early 1990's), when Silicon Valley was the Wild West and a "high-speed connection" meant you found a dialup where your 56K modem could reliably connect at 44000 bps, that's just The Way Things Were(tm). Baptism by fire. Newbie speaks up in a thread without knowing the history of the conversation or the participants, he gets flamed back home with his tail between his legs. Got so, every Sept-Oct when the new Freshmen first stumbled online, you'd swear you could smell the sulfur stench wafting up from campus computer labs.

Kept people in LINE. ...But... er.. yeah. Boy, are we off-topic.

-Pup (net.cowboy since 1992)

P.S> Oh, I fumbled this one so badly I'm sure it was totally unrecognizable, but in case anyone caught on and was wondering, this:

Quote:
You're not SUPPOSED to make Rowan feel bad. You're supposed to, like, kiss up to him and suck his cock.
Was a MISERABLE FAILURE of an attempt at referencing a Val Kilmer line from "Real Genius", which I have since finally remembered was:

"You're a politician. Aren't you supposed to, like, lie to me and kiss my butt?"
  #55   Add to ferro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM

Wickedness

Quote:
There. Happy?

Quote:
We all know that I write wicked fast or wicked slow, with nothing in between.
We do? I thought we all knew you wrote wicked good , but you'd never mentioned the slo-mo replays before.
  #56   Add to ferro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM

On sale NOW

Quote:
One Good Hand
Twisted Shift
Next month, I think.

It's about a poker player who ends up winning an enigmatic man. And, yes, there's muscle growth.

There. Happy?
Much happier now that One Good Hand has finally been released and is available for purchase.
  #57   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
I'll just jump in here real quick and say

"Rowan, get your ass back on yahoo! I need someone to talk to during the day"

Ok, I'm done
  #58   Add to Habbanya's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2006, 12:24 AM

Habbanya is on a distinguished road
As my first post for this forum i want to say that i decided to buy Rowan's story "Warm Rush" and have absolutely no regrets about it. I'd recommend it to anybody who had enjoyed any of his other stories. It's another great story from a gifted writer and well worth the small amount of money that was asked for.
I'm sure that many will agree that we should appreciate the time and effort that all the writers in this forum sacrifice for our benefit.
My thanks to Rowan and all the other wonderful writers who post in this forum.
  #59   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbanya
As my first post for this forum i want to say that i decided to buy Rowan's story "Warm Rush" and have absolutely no regrets about it. I'd recommend it to anybody who had enjoyed any of his other stories. It's another great story from a gifted writer and well worth the small amount of money that was asked for.
I'm sure that many will agree that we should appreciate the time and effort that all the writers in this forum sacrifice for our benefit.
My thanks to Rowan and all the other wonderful writers who post in this forum.
Hey! I'm glad you liked it. It was so much fun to write, and it's cool that people are having fun reading it.

-The Tick
  #60   Add to onelocolobo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:54 PM

onelocolobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to onelocolobo
Pssst!!!

So, a little birdie told me about a new book (actually a re-release of my very favorite book) of Rowan's. Just out in e-format and soon to be a paperback!!! Congrats, Rowan!

http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllur...ingWinter.html
  #61   Add to rairf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:31 PM

rairf is on a distinguished road
Wow... Rowan... you are a genius. (Bowing....)

Women love muscle too!
  #62   Add to dimarvalc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Musings ofa Troubled Mind

dimarvalc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to dimarvalc
A bit of Dark Magic and Thanks!!!

WOW...

onelocolobo, THANKS!!!!!

Because of your recent post in here, I decided to give Rowan's published works a try, and was I surprised.

I just read "One Good Hand" today and to say that it exceeded my expectations would be a disservice to Rowan. I'm still trying to put into words what that story made me feel. I even skipped going to work altogether.

And it was very cheap to buy too... I spend that on coffee at Starbucks, and this was WAY more satisfying than coffee, believe me

If anyone wants to know more about these stories, and read excerpts, go to Rowan's website at http://www.rowanmcbride.com/stories/ ,
and this post in the forum about "One Good Hand" : shameless self-promotion for my second e-book: One Good Hand

I bought Warm Rush too, but I haven't taken the time to read it yet. I cannot afford to miss work again (I'm gonna get fired one of these days )

Thanks for posting in here. I was feeling somewhat guilty about commiting thread necromancy, but since you already did, no problem then (he he he)

Remember guys, to support your fellow writers, by purchasing their works from time to time. It's hard and nerve-wracking work to get anything published, and I'm sure they will feel relieved that at least someone finds their work good enough to be purchased, not to mention the ego boost you give them, encouraging them to keep doing what they do best.

Thanks Rowan. I'll send you a more detailed reaction to your novel later, if I'm able to get down from the cloud I'm on.
  #63   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM

Thanks, guys.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Between the book release and the vacation I started *right* after, I somehow managed to miss the ressurection of this thread. But I'm glad people seem to be digging the second edition of this book.

Did ya catch the dedication at the beginning?

-The Tick
  #64   Add to dimarvalc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Musings ofa Troubled Mind

dimarvalc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to dimarvalc
I did!

Thanks for that! We feel lucky to have you here, too!

Well, to everyone who has considered trying one of Rowan's published works, go ahead... Try Warm Rush! It's only (as of today, Sunday, August 3, 2008) $15.00 for the paperback or $7.00 for the electronic version. It's cheap. Trade that Frappuccino for this, and I'll guarantee you, the buzz will last longer.

Warm Rush, Book I: Chasing Winter by Rowan McBride from Amber Allure

dimarvalc

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options