The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to rad1987's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM

rad1987 is on a distinguished road
The time has come!

Hey fellas, I've decided that after years upon years of being a lurker/admirer I finally want to change my physique.

Long story short: Always had a fetish and admiration for muscle and bodybuilders ever since I was little and stumbled upon my dads fitness magazines and bodybuilding books that he had when he used to work out regularly. Never was athletic, high school was a rough period (nasty divorce between parents, wore black clothes and hated everyone etc)

I'm older and things are different, for the past year I've been lap swimming regularly and that's helped shed a few pounds (several years of binge drinking in college and terrible food choices lead to an expanding waist).

Lately I've been fantasizing HEAVILY on what I would look like if I was big. I used to only just envision myself with another musclebound guy, but now when I imagine my arms bigger, my chest being thick and solid as a rock, pecs bulging out of my shirt, the desire to be big just keeps getting stronger.

Saturday night I was at my local watering hole (Big Chicks in Chicago, gay bar) and I ran into an old acquaintance, this guy I met at the IML Bear BBQ at Side Track a few years ago. He's a huge guy, barrel chest, beastly arms, powerlifter build (and gorgeous as well). He trains at Quads Gym which is one of Chicagos top gyms for bodybuilders and serious weight training, so I asked him about it and he invited me to come lift with him the next day.

I was excited and nervous at the same time but once we started pushing the iron I felt incredibly liberated, euphoric almost. We did a round of basic exercises, bench, seated barbell curls, barbell presses, etc.

I think I was extremely hesitant on wanting to lift weights and grow my physique because I didn't want to be associated with the pretentious muscle heads you see at the 4am nightclubs dancing without their shirts or any other snobby clique. But I had an epiphany for lack of better words, and I realized that when I think about myself being bigger, it's for my own self fulfillment to have that kind of physique Ive always admired, not because I want to be some douchebag who thinks the universe revolves around him because he gets all the attention and has 20" arms. Yes, when my body changes the attention will be nice, but I'm not gonna let it get to my head

So anyway, my friend had such a blast training with me that he's gonna front me the money for a membership (still waiting for tax refund!!) and be my lifting buddy.

Not only was that a huge motivator but you guys here as well, reading about your personal growth journeys and seeing all your progress pictures has definitely inspired me to start pumping up.
I'll be posting stats, routine, pics very soon.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rad1987 For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (February 11th, 2013), mcg (February 22nd, 2013), milwmuscleguy (February 11th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
Good for you! I wish you luck and may follow in your path soon.

My Squiby!
php

My Brute! (non-Muxxu) http://perveron.mybrute.com
Muxxu info: RedCrab
  #3   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
Making your intentions public can be motivating (it worked for me) but I've seen very few with the stuff to make it actually happen and these threads die. Maybe you'll be the rare exception.

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle
  #4   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager Muscle View Post
Making your intentions public can be motivating (it worked for me) but I've seen very few with the stuff to make it actually happen and these threads die. Maybe you'll be the rare exception.
Well, I walk most places, so I'm in pretty good shape, and my parents gave me a 3-moth membership at a gym of my choice as a present. So at the least even if IO don't get huge i can still get healthy.
(Also it turns out exercise increases sperm count :P)

My Squiby!
php

My Brute! (non-Muxxu) http://perveron.mybrute.com
Muxxu info: RedCrab

Last edited by Ogun; February 12th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options