Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:58 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Talking Outgames Montreal Report!

I hope to share my experiences at the Montreal Outgames here.First&foremost;I got a Silver Medal in the 50-59 class!WOO-HOO!!Details to follow!....,,,,
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Congratulations G-Man! Lookin' forward to hearin' all about it.
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:53 PM

glammaman2000
Our excellent adventure!....

...began with a scare at Canadian Customs!I probably shouldn't be telling this,...My buddy&I had a bit of pot.We were SO busy in NY(he has a landscaping business;I help him out.The"season"is not negotiable)we never had the time to smoke it.I figured:I only take a vacation every 4yrs.,US customs is worse than Canadian,yada,yada,yada.So I put about enough pot for 2joints in a baggie in my protein powder.I figure the vanilla smell will put off any dogs(evidently,this is NOT true;so don't try it!)He went through customs first,no problem.As I went through,they first asked,"Do you have any steroids?"(that back-handed compliment again!)"Oh,no.",I said."Do you have any supplements?" "Sure",I said.I showed him my pills,Joint Fuel&powder."Come with us...."he says. Turns out,there are limits on amino acids&PERCENTILES of amino acids in Canada!I figure the protein powder is the safest spot&I'M GETTING BUSTED FOR AMINO ACIDS!!!They examine&open the 2bottles of vitamins....they take them in a back room to check against an internet list of prohibited substances....SIX PEOPLE with nothing else to do now have the protein powder;handing it back&forth;checking the label....one gives the top a 1/4turn;then closes it!...some of them work out;so they ask questions....Finally;they say,"There are some ingredients we don't recognize in the vitamins;but you can keep the Joint Fuel&the protein powder."So we made it!!!!It was worse for my buddy,who only knew that I had been hauled away&they were checking my"amino acids"!Our bus left;but we caught the next one into Montreal&still made registration&Opening Ceremonies!More to come!.....
  #4   Add to icywolfy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM

icywolfy
Yea, there's a significantly large gap in what is legal additives in the US, and what is in Canada. In short, if it hasn't been thoroughly tested, found to be safe, and have an actual effect (no sense adding things that are proven to be inert), it isn't necessarily allowed into the country.

Hell, we couldn't even have any artifically caffinated drinks (other than coke, pepsi, and other "cola"s) until a new law came into effect two years ago. [and with it the gloriousness that is the energy drink, (with restrictions of course.)

Though at least up here, pain killers off the shelf come with Codeine, as opposed to the US. And things like the US Zyrtec is also off the shelf up here. None of those pesky things like prescriptions getting in the way of relief.
  #5   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM

glammaman2000
...cont'd....

As I said,we made it past Customs late but were able to register at the Palais de Congres&enter the Olympic Stadium with the American team.Not a very big team;seemed like less than a thousand.Apparently Chicago got most of the Americans,Montreal the rest of the world;just because of US visa restrictions.Still,the stadium floor was filled with participants&the main level was filled with spectators;lots of them straight!This being my 4th Games;I couldn't help notice how similar the Opening Ceremonies are.A bunch of politicians&organizers come out&tell us how wonderful we are(the federal government is evidently NOT very popular in Montreal;local politicians were warmly received)&then a bunch of disco divas perform old hits.Gay culture seems"stuck".Montrealiers;gay&straight were very friendly&helpful&a few reccommended to my buddy that the final exhibition of the Montreal International Fireworks Competition was that night!We both LOVE fireworks&left early to see the amazing free display over the St.Laurence river!Mass transit was also free with our registration badges&their system is pretty easy to figure out after a few tries.It was a wonderful welcome to a unique city!&then we saw our hotel room......
  #6   Add to CTeen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:25 AM

CTeen
Geez Glamma, if I had known you'd be here in Montreal I'd have smoked a joint with ya :P

Hope you enjoyed yourself here, though.
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2006, 08:44 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Sounds like a LOT of fun (once over the border that is.)I didn't even know that the Gay Games were here already. You'll have to send pics of you in contest shape! I've always brought my pot over the border in my shampoo bottles, but that wouldn't work anymore on flights...
  #8   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2006, 04:17 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Belated congrats, Glamma. Yeah, I'm with Brent, hope you post some comp photos. Thinking of going to the Teen Nationals in Pitsburgh with some friends this fall. Wanna come?
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #9   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkmuscle
Belated congrats, Glamma. Yeah, I'm with Brent, hope you post some comp photos. Thinking of going to the Teen Nationals in Pitsburgh with some friends this fall. Wanna come?
The Teen Nationals were in July. Flexodus and I had a nice chat about you. Hope to see you next year :-)

Champy and I are talking about going to NYC in September, if you're around.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #10   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM

glammaman2000
Rest assured....

...we had a GREAT time in Montreal!Sorry we couldn't share a puff!I'd love to attend the Teen Nationals,but it's been awhile since I was eligible.AS FOR PHOTOS:my lovable but sometimes flaky buddy couldn't find the charger for his camera so we got maybe 3pix(clothed,outdoors)The'official"photographer for the Games took lots of pix of us;but they haven't shown up on the website.My name is there(goodbye anonymity!)There was an IFBB photographer who kept telling us he couldn't sell pix.We kept waiting for him to tell us how much he couldn't sell them for.Our new friends from Portland(more on them,later)took some contest pix but we haven't seen them,yet.I'll definitely inform you when I see some.
  #11   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2006, 11:16 PM

glammaman2000
the saga continues...

THE ROOM:I'm not rich&only take a vacation every 4yrs.;but when I do,I like to go the luxe route!I have 2criteria:the most expensive room I can find/closest to the competition site.Ideally,with an in-house gym.We stayed in the Place d'Armes Hotel,in Old Montreal.Large living room,about 2x the size of my pathetic studio in NY.King-size bed.Free internet access.TV in living room&HDTV in bedroom.Big jacuzzi in bathroom(overrated)POWDER ROOM!(It seems like a silly luxury,but very helpful when 2guys are trying to get ready in the morning)A fireplace(fake,but a good fake).The french windows overlooked a gated park;so we could walk aroung naked with the blinds open with only tree-tops as a view!CD player.Gym wasn't bad;no windows,but DB's up to 40lbs.,a good Universal,2adjustable inclines,treadmills&a lot of tv's.Lovely,free continental breakfast in the lounge every morning.Free afternoon wine&cheese(only did that once)My buddy had a few friends visiting for the Games.They're very wealthy&kind of cheap.We were able to have them over to our room&"gloat"a bit!Preparing for a contest is very time-consuming;not exactly a vacation,so we really appreciated having such a beautiful room!Staff was also very friendly&helpful.
  #12   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:59 AM

A bit off topic sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
My buddy had a few friends visiting for the Games.They're very wealthy&kind of cheap.We were able to have them over to our room&"gloat"a bit!
What wealthy person isn't cheap & self-centered? I work at one of the top stores in Las Vegas, and only make a very small hourly wage while the company often gets $1,000 for a pair of shoes, and around $2,000 for a f**king handbag! People always want HUGE discounts, and I'm like, "So shop at Payless if you don't like our prices..." I really hate rich people. There is some much poverty & suffering in the world, and people only care about stupid labels.

Back on topic: I found that you placed 2nd in the comp. you said you did, but I couldn't find pics.
  #13   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
...we had a GREAT time in Montreal!Sorry we couldn't share a puff!I'd love to attend the Teen Nationals,but it's been awhile since I was eligible.
The Teens provide eye candy, walking around in posing briefs, all buff an oily.

It's also the Masters Nationals. NOT that I am saying that any of us are old enough to be in the masters categories, but... The masters competitors provide eye-candy too, just of a more mature variety.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #14   Add to Doctor9's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Doctor9 is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you enjoyed it

As someone who has now lived in the Montreal area for 16 years, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit here. I hope you came away with a positive impression of our city - including our slightly eccentric transit system with 4 lines, numbered 1 to 5....(in case you didn't notice)

Congratulations on your results, as well!

Depending on where you watched the fireworks from, we might have crossed paths - I was there with my 5-year old watching them...then to avoid the crush in the metro (subway for the Americans) I carried him on my shoulders for a number of city blocks down to the Berri-UQAM station - right through the Gay Village, of course, which lies between between the station and where we watched the fireworks from.

Nothing like a 5-year old asking if he can go into every bar he sees, because he sees lots of people there...."No, William, you can't go in...you need to be older."...All the while adding in my head "and have a preference for men "

I was pleased to see a good cross section of people from around the world - as identified by their OutGames badges. It's too bad the Gay Games organisers pulled out - I think spliiting it into the two events was stupid - but, like any "political" decision, someone probably profitted from it somewhere.

Anyway...I'm pleased that it was, all in all, an enjoyable experience. Come back! Spend more tourist dollars! *evil grin*

Doctor9
  #15   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2006, 08:54 PM

glammaman2000
Don't want to give the wrong impression....

...my buddy's wealthy friends(&mine)aren't bad people.Just a bit cheap at times.That's how they got the money.Rich people are like everybody else;some very nice,others are creeps.It often depends on how they got the money(inherited wealth is rarely good for people;wealth accumulated through backstabbing produces nasty personalities.Wealth from VERY hard work,creativity can still produce lovely people!Like my boss!I've never met a successful person who didn't admit that in spite of the hard work&skills,there was a HUGE amount of luck involved!&a lot of wealthy people work AMAZINGLY hard.&less well-off people can get very odd around the wealthy.If they are good-hearted,they get taken advantage of more than you might think.Which is part of the reason rich folks tend to hang out with each other)It's just that when we were their guests,we had to be on their schedule;which led to very unrelaxing vacations.Also;because my buddy&I had NO time to practice posing routines in the city;I'd rather spend our only time away from phones&work getting a routine together than trying to track down a bunch of people I wasn't really interested in.(ENDLESS cellphone messages!"I'm on the corner of-this&this...I'm not there now,I'm at that&that....X is coming,he wants to go to there&there....meet us halfway at???")More friends would show up&we never WENT anywhere or DID anything;WE JUST MADE PLANS!!!!It was like herding cats!I'm afraid I had to put my foot down&may have made a bad impression.Then they saw our room&all was forgiven.
  #16   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:30 PM

glammaman2000
Sorry,...

It's easiest for me to reply in bite-size chunks.There are so many places I haven't been that a Montreal repeat is a way off;but I definitely reccommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it!It's VERY close to NY(train is cheaper than bus.only 40min.by air)The French/Anglo culture is unique&it's about 5degrees cooler than NY on average.The Chicago-Montreal split on Gay Games was a HUGE tragedy&I bet NOBODY profitted;no matter what you hear.More on that later....
  #17   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:21 PM

glammaman2000
Today's episode....

....CATHERINE ST.!!!As Doctor9 said(check out his tight bod&great legs in"Watch Me Grow")EVERYBODY,gay&straight headed for Rue St.Catherine after the fireworks.To the west;it's Montreal's main shopping ave.,with upscale dept.stores,etc.Then there's a seedy metro station,with druggy homeless kids.To the east;it's Montreal's gay drag.I've been all over the US,Toronto,Amsterdam&Sydney.YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS!If you took all the gay clubs&bars in NY&crammed them together&on top of each other;you wouldn't get half of Catherine St.!About 12 blocks of 90%gay shops,bars,restaurants,strip clubs&bathhouses!Because of the Games,the street was blocked off&besides sidewalk cafes,there were COUCHES on the street!A few of the clubs are bar dept.stores;with a different club&sometimes more than one on each floor!Because the summer is so short,sidewalk,terrace,backyard&rooftop service is everywhere!We spent most of our time on the roof at"Sky";a beautiful club(TIP:by American standards,there is no alcohol in Canadian mixed drinks;so stick to wine or beer.Prices are comparable to US,but taxes on meals are BIG!But they get National Health.Canadians are lousy tippers&Montrealiers are the worst of the lot.Tip well&the service is VERY attentive!)We went back to Catherine St.again&again during our stay.It was party central all week!
  #18   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:34 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
The Teen Nationals were in July.
Isn't there some big Pittsburgh contest in the fall? I could've sworn it was the Teen Nationals.
Quote:
Flexodus and I had a nice chat about you.
I pay Flexodus a monthly stipend for nice comments.
Quote:
Champy and I are talking about going to NYC in September, if you're around.
By all means. Keep me posted.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #19   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2006, 09:06 PM

glammaman2000
Next couple of days....

...were pretty routine.Training,dieting(dieting on vacation is GREAT!)practicing mandatory poses,hair removal,working oil into the skin....I've competed before but my buddy hasn't.But even if you ARE experienced,you run the risk of cramping if you don't practice close to the contest.The rules packet we got at registration informed us that music would have to be the 1st.track on a cd.That meant that we would have had to burn our music before we got there.In all previous competitions;we could use tapes or cd's&the sound people could cue an individual track;if neccessary.I don't know how they kept track of it,but they did.These new rules were NOT on the official website before we left town.So we spent most of one day trying to track down someone who would burn a cd with just my music on it.This is;not too surprisingly,illegal at most of the large copying chains that have the technology.So we found a privately owned joint that would do it for a few bucks.But they couldn't edit(I usually use the bridge&not the verse)so I would have to adapt the routine.The plan was for me&my buddy to use the same music&routine,because there was no time to choreograph a new one.My routine is VERY fast&difficult,with a lot of poses.We were doomed,but things worked out in the end.We continued to fulfill my buddy's social obligations,which further cut into our practice time(arrrrgh!)We also did some tourist stuff.There's a church in Montreal about every 3feet.These are often very lovely,Victorian Gothic(my favorite!)They are beautifully maintained,perhaps by the government,because on 2Sundays,the churches were FULL of tourists&almost no worshippers.They often have gimmicks like museums&a major"Son&Lumiere"(sound&light)show at Notre Dame.(I would have liked to see it;but my buddy can't bear the thought of giving money to the church)It may also be a manifestation of Quebec/Franco nationalism(we're catholic&you're not.NYAH!)There was also a beautiful exhibition on a quay wih a canal in the St.Laurence river.Once or twice a year,at Bloomingdales;they have a designer showcase,where famous interior decorators from all over the world get a space to do a room.Here;world-class landscape designers got a chance to show their stuff!There were about 50exhibits;ranging from the odd to the drop-dead gorgeous!My buddy owns a small landscaping business in the city that I help him with(which is why there's no free time in the spring/summer)so it was PERFECT for us!I most regretted not having a camera for this.But I've got plenty of memories....We were also awakened at 5:30AM by a screaming fire alarm in the hotel.Firemen came;but it was a false alarm.We went back to bed.Orientation for the bodybuilding was that Tuesday.
  #20   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM

glammaman2000
Orientation....

...was in a conference room at the Delta hotel.Management of the event had been turned over to the local IFBB.As far as I could tell,there was noone from Outsports there;which left the(mostly straight,but very nice)officials at a disadvantage.Hadn't there originally been a pairs event?(it's what makes the physique event GAY!)Dunno,ask Outsports.Will we be able to go out front&watch the event when we're done posing?Don't think so;but ask Outsports(we were,of course:able to watch out front)Will there be drug-testing?Dunno,ask Outsport.(There was the famous IFBB"random drug-testing"policy.One skinny guy got his#called &had to pee in a cup.Same as Amsterdam)But there was flop-sweat in the room.There were only about 70 competitors&they had rented the Theatre St.Denis for 2nights!There was a Team Tahiti;all'roided out,that showed up with their girlfriends&wives&children.It's not strange for GG teams to show up with a few"ringers"(especially host cities that want to bump up their medal count)&straight folks are definitely allowed to join.Although mine was an age class,I was curious to see how much I weighed.I was a bit underweight on Tues.;which means I probably made weight the previous Sat.Now that I'm older;skin elasticity is an issue.I had ugly,loose skin on my abs.If the weight is off for a sufficient amount of time,the skin snaps back,but I didn't know if it'd be OK by Thurs.I tld an official that I was thinking of skipping the contest."There's too many guys on'roids&I'm not really happy with the shape I'm in".He panicked!He looked around at the rest of my class..."You're guaranteed a medal!"He looked around again..."...a SILVER!"But the real reason I decided to compete was because of my buddy!In most big contests,only the top 3in each class get to appear in the finals.Because they were short of participants;he would definitely get to appear in the evening show!&he had trained&dieted SO hard for SO long!In spite of his(OUR!)work schedule!No tanning,no posing practice;but he had stuck with me through everything.We couldn't back out&I couldn't leave him alone in front of his friends.All we needed now was a posing routine.In24hrs.....
  #21   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM

glammaman2000
After orientation...

...we decided to scope out the Theatre St.Denis;so we could compute the amount of time it would take us to get from our hotel to the competition on contest day.Cell phone rings.It's my buddy's friends,they're in the area,do we want to go to lunch?We arrange a rendez-vous point.Phone rings again!It's my buddy's OTHER friends!"What're you doing?Where are you?Let's have lunch!"!!!!We finally meet up&it's back to CAT-HERDING!The"where do you want to have lunch?"process begins;which normally goes on until dinner....I grab the group by the throat&shove them into the first,closest,decent-looking place.Lovely terrace lunch.One of my buddy's wealthy friends has a rather younger lover.Nice kid,very"up",smart,lots of fun.Turns out,he's a computer whiz(!?)& a music major(!?!)&HE HAS A LAPTOP WITH HIM&CAN BURN&EDIT A CD(!?!?)We rushed him back to our place&played my music...he understood musical directions perfectly!Back in NY,a friend of mine had a cd of european lounge music that I just loved.She made us a copy&it became a favorite of my buddy's,also.There was one song;a funny French cabaret number;called"...et puis je fume!...."(&so I smoke)We thought it might be funny to do as a pairs routine.But it was too long&didn't have a"finish'for singles.We asked the kid to edit a verse&tack the"finish"on early.He said he'd try.We'd get the finished product the next day;ONE DAY BEFORE THE CONTEST!!!....
  #22   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM

glammaman2000
Other Montreal stuff....

Weather is generally 5degrees less than NY.Mostly pleasant,but 2days at 93-97,very humid.Montrealiers are DYING;not used to this stuff.Those same days,it was 102-107 in NY!Don't even want to think about it!.....I love my buddy&he was great about sticking with my crazy workouts&diet;inspiring&pushing me in spite of a gruelling,physical work schedule.But besides no time for tanning&posing;I had a hard time persuading him of the importance of SLEEP!Landscaping is like farming,which means you have to be up at dawn;just to get to the nurseries,etc.&he has a lot of friends&loves a party;which keeps him up late.He eventually saw the value of a good night's sleep;but he wants to do EVERYTHING;so he'd alternate between,"I really want to get serious about this contest!"&"Where's the booze&whores?"at 90min.intervals........I've gotten a chance to talk to friends who did Chicago or Montreal or both.EVERYBODY says they wish the organisers could get things back together!The organisers say their events were both successful(really?)&they see no problem with having 2events.Which is why there's no solution in the middle-east.
  #23   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Nothing personal Glamma, but could you paragraph and space your typing a little? It's kind of hard to read.
  #24   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:24 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Agreed. I'm getting a headache!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
Nothing personal Glamma, but could you paragraph and space your typing a little? It's kind of hard to read.
  #25   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 04:53 PM

glammaman2000
Unhappy I'm SOOOOO sorry!

This has come up before.I have a cheeseball webTV hook-up that automatically scroonches text.I couldn't make a paragraph if I wanted to.I tried writing a story once;but it had the same problems&it DOES make for tedious reading.Many thanks to those who have persevered.It'll be over,soon...
  #26   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
This has come up before.
yes it has. Some of us accept you, just as you are! warts, cheese testi^h^h^h^h^hballs and all.
Quote:
I have a cheeseball webTV hook-up that automatically scroonches text.I couldn't make a paragraph if I wanted to.I tried writing a story once;but it had the same problems&it DOES make for tedious reading.Many thanks to those who have persevered.It'll be over,soon...
come on. build up that computer. get some REAL POWER! put some MUSCLE behind the computation engine. WORK IT OUT. What are you, a MAC or a mouse? You can "make a paragraph" if you want it enough -- eat right, hit the gym, consistency. YOU CAN DO IT.

HTH

#27   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM

glammaman2000
Wink Totally off-topic...

I don't need a computer for work.It's just a diversion for internet searches &e-mails.Although I enjoy this site&a few others;there's still a thing in the back of my head that says;"IT'S A HUGE HOAX!"&it begins with:"the WWW is SO wonderful!"proceeds to:"but if you actually want it to WORK;you'll need this&this&this!"followed by"it's great when it works;BUT A LOT OF THE TIME IT DOESN'T WORK!"I know enough people with WAY better computers&WAY more skills whose shit is down half the time."We've improved your service,SO NOW IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!"Last time I checked,the phones&mail were still operational.CONCLUSION:I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon.Signed:COF(crabby old fart)
  #28   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Muscle Czar

Talking

Quote:
I don't need a computer for work.It's just a diversion for internet searches &e-mails.Although I enjoy this site&a few others;there's still a thing in the back of my head that says;"IT'S A HUGE HOAX!"&it begins with:"the WWW is SO wonderful!"proceeds to:"but if you actually want it to WORK;you'll need this&this&this!"followed by"it's great when it works;BUT A LOT OF THE TIME IT DOESN'T WORK!"I know enough people with WAY better computers&WAY more skills whose shit is down half the time."We've improved your service,SO NOW IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!"Last time I checked,the phones&mail were still operational.CONCLUSION:I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon.Signed:COF(crabby old fart)
Dear Fart,

It may be hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but perhaps what you need is a new master? Someone who will work you -- put you on a leash and teach you to heel. Cum when called. Obedience to new techniques^h^h^h^h^hology should not be shunned, but should be embraced. Get in the sling of things and enjoy the ride.

Yours,
Young techno pup

Last edited by Corwin; August 15th, 2006 at 07:02 PM.
  #29   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM

glammaman2000
Dear"Young",

I'll try.At least I can leave more space around #'s & punctuation.( I was told that was a BAD thing , like caps , but I guess that's over .You see , I DO try ! But do I rag on other people's SPELLING? I DO NOT!!!) Back to our story... The Kid showed up with the new cd's at about 3:00pm the day before the contest...They were PERFECT;better than I hoped!We now had ONE EVENING to come up with a totally new routine for my buddy&practice mine.THINK FAST!THINK FAST! My buddy's body is VERY sexy,HUGE pecs;big traps,neck(YUM!)deltoids!Big back,when he works it.Big forearms.Good triceps.Naturally small waist&hips.So-so bi's & thighs.Skinny calves. We managed to get the calves up to"acceptable", but 40 -49 is always the biggest class. Usually,he wouldn't have had to do a posing routine at night.I told him that, realistically; he probably wouldn't medal. So we decided to just have FUN! "THINK FAST!THINK FAST!"We did a number with the cigarrette.The song is march tempo; which meant he could go...walk,walk,walk,....POSE! Gave him a lot of time to prepare.& we made it clear from the beginning that it wasn't serious; so it wasn't a problem if he made a mistake!(although the ending was quite beautiful, if I do say so myself!)& he's good under pressure! "THINK FAST!,THINK FAST!"By 9:30 it was time to apply the last layer of skin dye.Fingers crossed for tomorrow! p.s.:I TRIED to do paragraphs on this!They show up on the composition page,but disappear in the final product.I LOVE & RESPECT the graphic composition of words on a page; for comprehension&dramatic effect;but it ain't happenin' here!

Last edited by glammaman2000; August 15th, 2006 at 07:12 PM.
  #30   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:24 AM

I for one respect Glamm's contributions to this site. If it takes me a bit to read, that's my choice. I wish I had the money to buy him a proper Mac Book Pro, broadband connection, wireless router, and set it all up for him, and fly to NYC to show him how to use it. However, I don't have the money for any of that. So I choose to read his posts as they are. If it bugs members that much, either put up, or read another thread!

I've seen your buddy when scanning your Sydney pics in years ago, and trust me, he's very beautiful. (You're very attractive too.) I'm sure that with the extra few years, and workout & garden work involved in the last few years, he's even better!
  #31   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
I for one respect Glamm's contributions to this site.
You DO realize I'm just teasing and not being serious at all, right?

#32   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:51 PM

glammaman2000
Talking Geez,guys!

You're right,Brent!My buddy IS gorgeous!& the sweetest person alive,besides!Thanks for the kind offer on tech equipment.It's not primarily a financial issue.My buddy has a full-fledged computer with broadband,printer,etc.It needs servicing A LOT!That's why;ultimately,I don't feel like I'm missing much.He needs his for work.I think I spend WAY too much time on the web,NOW!So I'm happy with what I've got(note:Brent is also a sweetie & very helpful to me when I 1st discovered this site) & THANK YOU,CORWIN! I know you're just teasing. & it gives me a chance to explain to newer members kind enough to read my posts why they sometimes look so strange on the screen.(suggestion:try eating pizza while reading my posts!)
  #33   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2006, 08:49 PM

glammaman2000
Today's episode....

After a few run-throughs of our routines;we headed off for the pre-judging(also known as"judging")My buddy had made friends with a couple of guys from Portland;they snagged a dressing room & we hooked up.I use a tanning product(estee lauder)that's great for your skin&produces a beautiful color,no mess.But it has to go over an existing tan.We hadn't had time.After the 5th judge came by saying,"You're not dark enough!"we began to panic.THESE SWEETIES from Portland offered us their extra stuff;although they didn't have much&the evening show was still to come.(it was"Dream Tan",which produces a SENSATIONAL color;makes a disgusting mess & permanently stains anything you touch for days after.)We were as ready as we were gonna be.... My buddy's routine went off without a hitch!He performed it perfectly,got laughs in all the right places & a big round of applause at the end!All of his friends were there &they agreed it was the hit of the afternoon!My buddy can be shy at times so I know this was a big achievement for him!I was so proud I almost cried!My routine was easy,now.The skin preperation had minimised the wrinkles & when "abs&thighs" came up,I did a"vacuum",which lots of guys can't do.Big round of applause.Then I crunched obliques;avoiding a front-on ab shot(old farts learn these tricks)Great results!The 'roid-monster got the gold;but that's OK.(an AWFUL lot of the winners seemed to speak french & know the judges,including the"straight Tahitians")but we had a GREAT time!I took our new Portland pals & my buddy's friends that helped with music to lunch & picked up the tab.I could FINALLY relax & enjoy hanging out with my buddy's friends!They left town.....
  #34   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:09 PM

glammaman2000
.....but our new friends.....

..from Portland were great company;funny & smart & we had so much in common!They asked us what music we liked & started raving about a Portland-based group called,"Pink Martini".Turns out they recorded the music my buddy used for posing! & they were big ol PLANT-QUEENS!!! So we had a GREAT day at the Montreal Botanical Gardens!! We had some terrific meals(TIP:most of the restaurants in the tourist areas of Montreal are kind of"corporate".Not bad;but not much character(think "Outback") & maybe a bit expensive.ANYTIME you're in a new place; ask the concierge or hotel staff where THEY like to eat!They'll be inexpensive places you wouldn't normally find with exceptional food!Works every time!)The working-class places on Rue St.Rachel were very satisfying. I hadn't researched or planned this trip as much as Sydney,so we actually took some time to relax,exploring Old Montreal(have to go back THERE,some day) & climbing Mount Royal itself! My buddy couldn't be bothered with the low,winding path that sloped gently up the hill,so we scrambled up the rock-face on all fours.(We took the easy way down) Up there is"Chemin Olmstead",an enormous Victorian lodge deisigned by the man who created Central Park!It has a broad terrace that gives the best views of the city.Closing ceremonies were the next day...
  #35   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:27 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Quote:
My buddy's routine went off without a hitch!He performed it perfectly,got laughs in all the right places & a big round of applause at the end!
He posed to "You Gotta Get a Gimmick" from Gypsy, didn't he?

If ya wanna bump it, bump it with a trumpet...
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #36   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:16 PM

glammaman2000
Talking nyuck,nyuck,,,,,,

No,it's;"I can't work,I can't sleep,I just want to forget;& so I smoke!"In French.But the cigarrette shtick worked great!Mazeppa was right!
  #37   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:04 PM

Random mostly off topic ramblings....

I'm glad that your good friends are from Portland. I might be biased, but I think people from Portland are better than people from most other places. Also, it's very natural for Portlanders to be plant people: you can grow ANYTHING in Portland's climate, and living in a city that maintains over 37,000 acres of public parks, you generally learn a bit about rare plants...

On the other hand, I've never got into Pink Martini, as all my friends that have known them have told me that they are bitchy, arrogant, queens. (A bit like me, but much worse...)

I love your idea of asking the concierge there they would eat. Working in a very expensive retailer, where I can't afford the products, I give VERY different answers when asked where I would eat, or where the customers should eat.

Also, if your friend's computer constantly needs servicing, I'd venture a guess that it's a Windows PC, as I've used Macs for over 21 years, and none have ever needed "Servicing". They always serve me!

OK, now back to the topic at hand.
  #38   Add to mmfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2006, 04:03 AM

mmfan is on a distinguished road
Hi glammaman2000, I was just wondering if you were one of the guys on this site that uses/has used steroids in the past (I forget), and if so do you feel any qualms about going into a competition against other people who may not have used steroids? This is most definitely not a dig, I'm just curious!!!
  #39   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:00 AM

glammaman2000
rather the opposite...

I tried'roids about 30yrs. ago & had a very bad reaction(terrible depression) haven't touched 'em since.I generally compete in contests where at least some of the guys are on everything they can get their hands on;even if the rules say "natural".Drug-testing is VERY expensive so"drug-free"tends to be an advisory.I accept this&just show up in the best shape i can.I've beaten guys on steroids before(& of course,lost to them,too!)Chris Fillipelli(he has pics on the internet)won the overall.I knew him when he was a 21yr.old cutie working out in my gym!He's unbelievably massive;now!It's kinda hot,but the drugs have distorted his face so much that he's totally unrecognisable.Weird....
  #40   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2006, 01:46 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
I met Chris and his partner at a contest in Tribeca this past fall...he was robbed of the master class title, and was pretty upset about it too. Very genuine, friendly guy, beautiful cuts.

I should look so good in my mid-50's...
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode