The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to elysiumfields's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM

elysiumfields is on a distinguished road
Joe Weider. R.I.P

Joe Weider,a pioneer of Bodybuilding,sadly passed away 4 days ago.Some of you may have already heard this.

Co-founder,with his brother Ben,of the International Federation of Bodybuilders (IFBB),the creator of Mr Olympia,Ms Olympia,Masters Olympia Bodybuilding Contests,founder of Muscle & Fitness,Flex,Mens Fitness & Shape fitness magazines,and manufacturer of a line of sports & fitness equipment. He was and will always be regarded as a giant in the fields of Fitness & Bodybuilding.
Almost unquestionably a man,with his brother,whom inspired many to pick up a dumb-bell,to glance in the posing mirror,to improve their health and lifestyle,to idolise those physiques that adorned the posters on their walls.
I'm pretty sure the big,the famous guys and girls out there,owe a thanks to Joe Weider.Guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger & Lou Ferrigno and Ronnie Coleman.

Though i am certainly,alas,not one of those who go to the gym or seek to achieve that bodybuilder look,much more that i'm am an admirer,even for somewhat sexual means..I'm the one that looks on from the outside,in through the steamed up gym windows,into the world of the muscle hunk and bodybuilders.. Even if we here on MGS did not think it,Weider somehow,dare i say it,helped indirectly cultivate the fetish for muscle and even for muscle growth fantasies.

So,you guys and girls that do go to the gym,to seek a lean,or thick toned muscular physique,or those that do seek to become the next Mr or Ms Olympia. Everytime you lift a set of weights,Weider is there spotting you,invisibly supporting your arms as you strain and lift.Everytime you glance in that posing mirror checking yourself out,Weiders there smiling back at you...

God speed..Joe Weider. And May Flights of Angels Sing Thee To Thy......Gym

JOE WEIDER (1919-2013)

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Bodybuilder_UK's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Bodybuilder_UK is on a distinguished road
Great guy but i bet a lot of the younger lifters/fans have no idea who he was.
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybuilder_UK View Post
Great guy but i bet a lot of the younger lifters/fans have no idea who he was.
He had an enormous impact but do keep in mind it wasn't all positive. He may have loved the sport but he was also clearly in it for the money and his efforts to promote bodybuilding went hand-in-hand with a "no fags allowed" attitude meant to separate bodybuilding from its Physique Pictorial antecedents.

xoxo

Richard

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode