The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:52 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
My brother returns

At one time my youngest brother Steve was the strongest man in our family. He started lifting before any of us and loved to show off. He especially liked to get me in a hold that I couldn't escape from and lift me off the ground and hold me there to show off his strength. About 6 years ago he moved out of state to find work. We haven't seen him since he left until last week. He announced he is moving back due to a job transfer, so came back up to find a house. It will be good to have him here. A lot happens in 6 years. He pretty much gave up weightlifting and I continued in it. He was shocked when he saw me. I outweigh him by a good 75 pounds now, a lot of that being muscle. I much stronger than he has ever been. He tried to put me in that hold, but had trouble getting his arms around me and had to give up. I put my right arm around his waist and lifted him off the ground. Wow he said. Guess I shouldn't have stopped lifting.

Anyway he stopped by the house to workout with me and 2 of my nephews (Max and Timmy). They have been looking forward to seeing him. They were 10 and 11 when he left so have done a lot of growing since then. He saw the size of them and the weights they can lift. He was shocked. The youngest one, Timmy was benching 250. Come on uncle Steve I've heard stories about how strong you are. Let me see how many reps you can get. I can do 8. My poor brother. He didn't want to disappoint them and told me later he figured he could still lift that much, so he got on the bench. Lifted the weight up, brought it down, a little too fast I thought at the time. Well he couldn't budge it. We had to rescue him.

The kids were excited that they are stronger than their uncle. And are already devising a workout plan for him! This is going to be fun!

Last edited by stronguns; May 28th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 16th, 2013), BigSteve6ft3 (May 16th, 2013), farhanyousaf (October 4th, 2013), Jaekel (May 15th, 2013), jtchef (July 2nd, 2013), milwmuscleguy (May 15th, 2013), nnnrg (May 16th, 2013), Otaru_grower (May 25th, 2013), wrestlejock646 (May 15th, 2013)
  #2   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Wow, awesome story man. Do you have a messenger or something dude would love to pick your brain a bit?
  #3   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
Wrong thread, this is for real experiences not fiction.
  #4   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Curiosity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by suma View Post
Wrong thread, this is for real experiences not fiction.
So, uh, what exactly about his post rings unbelievably fictional?
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:55 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
So, uh, what exactly about his post rings unbelievably fictional?
Right. Teenagers especially can grow a LOT in a few years. They can be practically unrecognizable from one semester to the next, because their bodies are growing so fast. I totally believe that two nephews, with proper training, eating and great genetics, could achieve what is described here.

As far as the 75 pound difference between two brothers, that is also within the realm of possibility. Remember, Stronguns did not say that his own weight is 5% bodyfat or anything liked that, so his weight could well be muscle and fat which exceeds his brother's weight. For most of my childhood and adolescence, my brother, whom I eventually outgrew by 4 inches in height, easily outweighed me by 70+ pounds. Even into my 20s he was a good 60-70 pounds bigger than me, much of it muscle. Today we've caught up and I think I outweigh him by about 25 to 30 pounds of muscle, but he's no stick, even though he has lost weight over the years.

My wordy way of saying: totally believable story!

Mdlftr
  #6   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM

Both my nephews play football. Our schools have a huge weight training program. We have a 300 pound club with 30 kids who are benching over 300 pounds. My nephews haven't gotten there yet, but are close.

I am 4 inches taller than my brother. Got my genes from my mom's family. He stopped lifting and now does long distance running. I'm 245 right now and he is about 170. Not impossible at all to be that much bigger than a sibling.
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
yls824 (May 16th, 2013)
  #7   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:31 PM
In Serious Mode

I agree on the height difference at least, my younger brother is like 5 inches taller than me. He's only 180 though and I'm 270, so body differences are very possible.

I don't think he will ever be my weight and I'll never be his height so to each their own.

Stronguns, contact me via email/ messenger at [email protected]
  #8   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:24 PM

My nephew, Max, turned 18 last week. Can't believe he is that old! My brother Steve, has been working out with us and can't stand the fact that Max is stronger than him. Good thing about that is they are both working out harder and longer. Good competition! Steve is determined to take this kid in 6 months or less.

The other day Steve wanted to arm wrestle Max. I knew he didn't stand a chance. The Max is strong and bigger and taller than my brother. But Steve wanted to try anyway. So they sat down and asked me to be the ref. Both have pretty impressive muscles. Steve has loads of veins since he is now a long distance runner with really low body fat, so when he flexes it's pretty impressive. So they lock hands. I shout go. Immediately Steve tries to use leverage to get ahead, but Max was having none of that. His arm is fixed in place resisting what Steve was trying to do to get the advantage over Max. Steve was really getting red in the face and had to have been getting tired. As soon as Steve gets Max's arm down a bit, Max pushes it back up. I knew Max was taunting him because he never made the effort to push Steve's arm down. There was no doubt in my mind that Max could have won the match at any time, but he wanted to play first. Finally, Max gets a slight grin on his face, the muscles in his shoulders, arm and back flex and down Steve's arm goes to the table.

I warned him.... oh well something else to best Max in! How about you Mike (me), Steve asked? I want to see if you can take Max. We both looked at Steve like he was nuts. Max says, you have any idea how strong uncle Mike is? I'd barely be able to beat him with 2 arms Max said. Anyway we hadn't arm wrestled in over a year and I was curious to see just how strong Max had gotten. After all, he lifted with me, lifted with the football team and was growing a lot. The match was over in a few seconds. But it was certainly harder for me to beat Max than it was a year ago.

Last edited by stronguns; May 28th, 2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Added names and some explanation to clear confusion
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
BigSteve6ft3 (May 25th, 2013), gomez (May 28th, 2013), littledude (May 25th, 2013), milwmuscleguy (May 25th, 2013), vlad (May 24th, 2013)
  #9   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
My nephew turned 18 last week. Can't believe he is that old! My brother has been working out with us and can't stand the fact that our nephew is stronger than him. Good thing about that is they are both working out harder and longer. Good competition! My brother is determined to take this kid in 6 months or less.

The other day he wanted to arm wrestle the kid. I knew he didn't stand a chance. The kid is strong and bigger and taller than my brother. But he wanted to try anyway. So they sat down and asked me to be the ref. Both have pretty impressive muscles. My brother has loads of veins so when he flexes it's pretty impressive. My nephew has some, but nothing like my brother. So anyway they lock hands. I shout go. Immediately my brother tries to use leverage to get ahead, but my nephew was having none of that. His arm is fixed in place. Nothing my brother was trying was having much of an effect. My brother is really getting red in the face and had to have been getting tired, but the kid is just sitting there. As soon as my brother gets the kids arm down a bit, he pushes it back up. I knew the kid was taunting him because he never made the effort to push my brothers arm down. There was no doubt in my mind that he could have won the match at any time, but he wanted to play first. Finally my nephew gets a slight grin on his face, the muscles in his shoulders, arm and back flex and down my brothers arm goes to the table.

I warned him.... oh well something else to best the kid in! How about you Mike. I want to see if you can take the kid. We both looked at him like he was nuts. My nephew says, you have any idea how strong Mike is? I'd barely be able to beat him with 2 arms. Anyway we hadn't arm wrestled in over a year and I was curious to see just how strong my nephew had gotten. The match was over in a few seconds. But it was certainly harder to beat him than it was a year ago.
???so in this story, your nephew arm wrestles your unnamed brother, plays him along and then beats him.

Then, he arm wrestles "Mike" which is you, right?

And you beat him, but it's harder for you to beat your nephew than last year because your nephew has gotten so much bigger and stronger, right?

Just trying to get the story straight. The point of view jumped around from describing this in the 3rd person (they did this and that) to second person (Hey narrator, I'm talking to you).

Mdlftr
  #10   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM

suma is on a distinguished road
And you guiys still believe this is non-fiction?
I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale
  #11   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
All he needs is a bit of punctuation, Mdlftr, particularly some quotation marks. Here's that last paragraph, re-punctuated:

I warned him.... oh well something else to best the kid in! "How about you, Mike? I want to see if you can take the kid." We both looked at him like he was nuts. My nephew says, "You have any idea how strong Mike is? I'd barely be able to beat him with 2 arms." Anyway we hadn't arm wrestled in over a year and I was curious to see just how strong my nephew had gotten. The match was over in a few seconds. But it was certainly harder to beat him than it was a year ago.

And Suma, I really don't see what's so hard to believe about this story. All I can say is, if it's fiction, Stronguns is a really slow writer. Because he first mentioned his nephews starting to lift two years ago, when they were 15 and 16. He also mentioned his younger brother a couple of times long ago, that he used to be the strongest in the family but that Stronguns had outgrown him, and that he had moved away and they hadn't seen him in years. So yeah ... fiction. Really slow-moving, consistent fiction. And an 18-year-old football player bench-pressing 250? Wow, that couldn't be anything but pure fantasy! No human could be that strong! (... um, that's sarcasm).

One of my best friends has an 18-year-old football player son, and I have little doubt he could beat his dad (and possibly me) at arm wrestling. The kid is big and amazingly solid (last time we were together, we exchanged hugs, and man, hugging this kid felt like hugging a bronze statue.)
  #12   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
There’s nothing in this story that’s hard to believe. I have seen or seen evidence of many real life examples of standard MG story plots, and this one is far more likely than some of the stories I know to actually be true.
  #13   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:02 AM

Sorry I posted anything.... now I know why there are more lurkers than active users. Going back to being a lurker.
  #14   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Sorry I posted anything.... now I know why there are more lurkers than active users. Going back to being a lurker.
Please don't. I was really looking forward to following how this situation develops. Don't let a couple of snippy comments drive you away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigSteve6ft3 For This Useful Post:
Curiosity (May 27th, 2013), stronguns (May 28th, 2013)
  #15   Add to MLMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:23 PM

MLMuscle is on a distinguished road
I agree totally - PLEASE keep posting - I enjoy reading your cool posts very, very much! I know others feel the same way!
The Following User Says Thank You to MLMuscle For This Useful Post:
stronguns (May 28th, 2013)
  #16   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
Seconded - ""thirded"?
Please don't let any criticism (the destructive kind) scare you off. The world is full of naysayers- if people listened to all of them they'd never get anywhere. In the end we can't let other people's words destroy us. Now if you'll excuse me, I think it's about time for me to take my own words to heart and start writing again.

My Squiby!
php

My Brute! (non-Muxxu) http://perveron.mybrute.com
Muxxu info: RedCrab
The Following User Says Thank You to Ogun For This Useful Post:
  #17   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve6ft3 View Post
Please don't. I was really looking forward to following how this situation develops. Don't let a couple of snippy comments drive you away.
I also agree that you should keep posting. I hope my sincere question in the earlier post about who was who didn't scare you off. I'm enjoying hearing about your and your nephews' muscle growth overtaking the growth of your younger brother.

Mdlftr
  #18   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
I also agree that you should keep posting. I hope my sincere question in the earlier post about who was who didn't scare you off. I'm enjoying hearing about your and your nephews' muscle growth overtaking the growth of your younger brother.

Mdlftr
Updated the post with names. Hopefully this clears up some confusion for you. I really shouldn't type things at 2 in the morning.

Last edited by stronguns; May 28th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
  #19   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Stronguns, I am aware of how you feel because people say ridiculously goofy things. I have also learned that shutting up is the wrong thing to do also. Don't mind a few people because they like to see what they type.
The Following User Says Thank You to raven79 For This Useful Post:
  #20   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM

We decided to go hiking yesterday. My 2 brothers-in-law, their sons (my 4 nephews that lift with me - two lift with me weekly the other 2 just occasionally) and my brother Steve. We got our gear together and were out of the house by 7AM. The younger guys led off the group. I'm listening to my brothers-in-law and their comments. "Do you see the size of those kids?" "I know" said the other. "Hell I never had that much muscle on my body, ever." "Crap they are strong as hell." "I know. We were putting mulch on the gardens last Sunday and they were lifting the bags of mulch like they were nothing. I was exhausted after lifting one bag. They were carrying 2 at a time." Geeze Mike what do you do with them? I said, "we just lift and lift pretty heavy. They eat well. ANd don't forget they lift at school too." They shook their heads. "I don't remember kids that big when I was in school", one said. "Yes there were," corrected the other. We just never noticed." Mike, "whatever happened to Steve? He used to be strong as an ox. I remember him lifting you off the ground and body slamming you. He's so thin now, is he OK?" Sure I said. "He lost interest and would rather run marathons. Yet, after he saw your sons he's determined to put that muscle back on". They laughed. "Think he'll ever be able to body slam you again, Mike?" I just laughed. "Don't think so. I weigh too much and he'd have to figure out some way to overpower me, which would be a miracle."

Just as I finished saying that, Steve goes running up the path ahead of every one. Next thing we hear him yelling for help. He slid on some loose rocks and went over the bank. Thankfully it was only a short drop, but he really hurt his ankle. So much for our hike. We took turns carrying him back to the parking area. Good thing there were plenty of strong guys! Since we were 5 miles from the parking area. We went to the emergency room. As I feared, he broke his ankle. So now he is wearing a cast. He feels bad that the hike was ruined because he should have known better than to go running and should have been more careful. There will be more hikes. On the other hand he is going to use a pair of crutches and says they will help him build up his triceps. Leave it to Steve to find the silver lining!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
BigSteve6ft3 (June 3rd, 2013), GTlifter (June 3rd, 2013), Mdlftr (June 3rd, 2013)
  #21   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM

Best of luck to your brother for a complete and speedy recovery.

For me, two of the biggest muscle growth periods of my life started out with rehab from serious injuries. Both times I was so worried that I'd never be "good as new" that I concentrated religiously on the rehab physical therapy, making it my top priority, and afterwards continued that attitude into unusually (for me) consistent and strict weight training. Both times I ended up, months later, way bigger and stronger than before the injury.

Here's to silver linings!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigSteve6ft3 For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (June 3rd, 2013), stronguns (June 3rd, 2013)
  #22   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:05 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Yes, we hope Steve recovers quickly. Maybe he will start looking like Adam400, muscles and a runner.
By the way Stronguns, how tall are you and your nephews?
Is everybody bigger than Steve?
Are the nephews bigger and taller than their fathers?
  #23   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6 View Post
Yes, we hope Steve recovers quickly. Maybe he will start looking like Adam400, muscles and a runner.
By the way Stronguns, how tall are you and your nephews?
Is everybody bigger than Steve?
Are the nephews bigger and taller than their fathers?
Turns out he also broke a toe in addition to the ankle which was really messed up. Had to put some screws in, or so he tells me.

Last edited by stronguns; June 25th, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
  #24   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:17 PM

My sister's youngest daughter graduated from college this year. We had a nice picnic by their pool to celebrate. She walks in the gate and does a double take. Sitting there are her brothers and cousins and her uncles me and Steve in our swim trunks showing off our muscles and getting nice tans. She stops and looks and whistles. Damn. All that muscle and we're all related. Now that stinks... and she laughs. Uncle Mike (me) what have you been doing to my brothers? Everytime I see them their muscles are bigger. Max and Timmy look at you two. Wow! And you, Uncle Mike, every time I see you you're bigger and better defined than before. My anatomy professor would have loved to have you in class when we went over the muscles of the upper body. Instead he had to use some scrawny freshman. Poor guy could barely flex a bicep and if he had abs we couldn't find them.

Then she looked at my brother... don't worry uncle Steve. once you start hitting the weights you'll get your muscles back too.... now that was cruel. He's working on it, but that broken ankle has been giving him fits. Really hurts at times too.
  #25   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:52 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
All I can say is if it was me, being the short guy in the family tree, PLUS looking small in the muscle department, I would be using this as fuel to at least start working the upper body. With Steve's background as a runner, his legs are going to grow quickly (later).
Stronguns, I think all you guys may have to watch out, it sounds like your niece may have just lit a fuse in Steve.
The Following User Says Thank You to ottomun6 For This Useful Post:
Somedude90 (January 1st, 2014)
  #26   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM

Steve got the cast off and is walking around with a soft cast. While he was waiting to get it off he did mainly bicep and tricep workouts. Those awesome arms of his are getting back to where they were a few years ago before he took up running.

Well. Soft cast off so he trips down the stairs last week and fractures his wrist. And so his "luck" continues.

Last edited by stronguns; September 25th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
Big RR (December 5th, 2013)
  #27   Add to debate1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM

debate1 is on a distinguished road
Any updates, also I would be interested in talking to you about routine and diet if you can? Just message me on my page! Great story!
The Following User Says Thank You to debate1 For This Useful Post:
Big RR (December 5th, 2013)
  #28   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM
In Serious Mode

Yeah it's been a few months I hope your brother is well
  #29   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debate1 View Post
Any updates, also I would be interested in talking to you about routine and diet if you can? Just message me on my page! Great story!
Steve is healed. Pretty much back to his max strength levels from before he stopped lifting. Got the muscle size back too. All the time he was dealing with the ankle and wrist he was finding ways to work around the limitations. He ate a lot, so was able to still make decent muscle and strength gains.
  #30   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:59 PM
In Serious Mode

Glad to hear wish him the best of luck
  #31   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM

Another year has passed and once again the family is together. Ladies upstairs, men downstairs. And as always the subject of weightlifting and strength comes up. This year has been the year of gains for many of us. Especially for my nephew Timmy who gained much size and strength for football. He is now happily wrestling at 2 weight levels higher than last year, too.

My brother Steve, who, even though he had to deal with some broken bones, is back to the size and strength he was before he gave up lifting some years ago. Back in May our nephew, Max, had proven himself to be stronger than Steve. But, with Steve back to his personal best levels I was certain he was now too strong for Max. As for Timmy, well he wanted to arm wrestle both Max and Steve to test out his football strength gains.

But, what the family really wanted to see is me and Steve fight it out. I can write a post about that later if anyone is interested. Let's just say Steve will be hurting for a few days, both emotionally and physically.

First up were Tim and Max. Tim is now bigger than Max but a year younger. Both lift for football, but Tim spends much more time at it and pushes himself a lot more. Both guys sport impressive upper bodies and strong powerful arms. Tim immediately got the upper hand and had Max struggling to get the advantage back. They fought for over a minute, however Max just couldn't produce the power to take his brother down. Finally Tim wore Max out and won the match. They switched arms. Max won the second match, but had to really struggle for it.

Then Tim and Steve arm wrestled. Steve is shorter and about 10 pounds lighter than Timmy, but has all the years of lifting behind him. So I wasn't surprised that Steve won easily, yet Tim made Steve work for that easy win. These nephews of ours are strong kids, there is no doubt about that. They switched arms and again Steve won.

Since Tim had already beaten Max, the question of whether Max could still beat Steve was pretty much answered. So unlike last May when Max taunted Steve with his youthful strength, Steve had the strength advantage this time and easily overpowered Max and won both their matches.

So things turned out as I expected.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (December 27th, 2013), Redtiger56 (December 27th, 2013)
  #32   Add to Redtiger56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:46 AM

Redtiger56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Another year has passed and once again the family is together. Ladies upstairs, men downstairs. And as always the subject of weightlifting and strength comes up. This year has been the year of gains for many of us. Especially for my nephew Timmy who gained much size and strength for football. He is now happily wrestling at 2 weight levels higher than last year, too.

My brother Steve, who, even though he had to deal with some broken bones, is back to the size and strength he was before he gave up lifting some years ago. Back in May our nephew, Max, had proven himself to be stronger than Steve. But, with Steve back to his personal best levels I was certain he was now too strong for Max. As for Timmy, well he wanted to arm wrestle both Max and Steve to test out his football strength gains.

But, what the family really wanted to see is me and Steve fight it out. I can write a post about that later if anyone is interested. Let's just say Steve will be hurting for a few days, both emotionally and physically.

First up were Tim and Max. Tim is now bigger than Max but a year younger. Both lift for football, but Tim spends much more time at it and pushes himself a lot more. Both guys sport impressive upper bodies and strong powerful arms. Tim immediately got the upper hand and had Max struggling to get the advantage back. They fought for over a minute, however Max just couldn't produce the power to take his brother down. Finally Tim wore Max out and won the match. They switched arms. Max won the second match, but had to really struggle for it.

Then Tim and Steve arm wrestled. Steve is shorter and about 10 pounds lighter than Timmy, but has all the years of lifting behind him. So I wasn't surprised that Steve won easily, yet Tim made Steve work for that easy win. These nephews of ours are strong kids, there is no doubt about that. They switched arms and again Steve won.

Since Tim had already beaten Max, the question of whether Max could still beat Steve was pretty much answered. So unlike last May when Max taunted Steve with his youthful strength, Steve had the strength advantage this time and easily overpowered Max and won both their matches.

So things turned out as I expected.

It would be great to hear about the match as it sounds like you did not make it easy for your brother.
  #33   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:33 PM

Steve knew that if he was to go up against me in a strength contest he would lose. So instead he wanted a boxing match. I'm not good at that type of thing and was worried I might really hurt him if I punched too hard. Since we don't have gloves it was going to be bare fists, also a stupid thing to do.

To make a long story short, he started out by gut punching me. I was able to absorb anything he threw at me. He was hurting his hands more than he was hurting me. Hearing that solid thump each time he hit. Finally his arms got tired and he could barely lift them. I threw a few punches into his gut and knocked the wind out of him. He fell on the floor.

Last edited by stronguns; April 3rd, 2014 at 02:33 PM.
Redtiger56 (January 1st, 2014)
  #34   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 10:21 PM

It's been great having my brother Steve home. My workouts are so much more effective with him there to push me. I push him too. We've both made some good strength gains and our stamina has really improved too. We wrestle after the workouts which lets us test our strength against each other. I'm considerably more powerful than him, so he knows I can easily take anything he does to me so he really gets the better deal from the matches. I can bench 150 pounds more than him and am leg pressing 500 pounds more so the strength difference is considerable. I have to hold back because I could really do some damage. Got him in a leg scissors the other week and almost broke some of his ribs, thankfully I just left some bruises. As it was he almost passed out from the pressure. He loves to arm wrestle, but can barely beat me when he uses two hands, and has lost more than he has won. I can feel his arms getting stronger from all those attempts so it is working to his advantage. I often use him as a weight and do squats with him across my back or will curl him. A lot to be said for that. Much harder to lift a person than a barbell so I get a fantastic arm workout and bicep pump. I'm too heavy for him to lift like that so he will dead lift me instead. He says he enjoys being tossed around. He throws some punches into my abs on occasion. Says I make a good punching bag, but with a lot more resistance. By the time we're done our muscles are really pumped and rock hard. I can hardly bend my arms. We do pose downs and push ups afterward. Really brings the veins to the surface.

Last edited by stronguns; January 24th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
amauiguy (January 23rd, 2014), littledude (January 23rd, 2014), Redtiger56 (January 23rd, 2014)
  #35   Add to Redtiger56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM

Wondered if the nephews got involved. Your brother better hurry or they will really leave him behind.
  #36   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:57 PM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
How heavy your brother
  #37   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM

Well. My youngest nephew Tim had a great wrestling season. Since he was new at 220 he had some trouble dealing with the bigger wrestlers. He soon got the hang of it. One thing we noticed from the start that the bigger guys carry more body fat. Tim does not, so when he was on the mat he looked so much more muscular than the other guys. People noticed it too so there were comments in the audience wondering how he could be 220 and not weigh more. A number of his opponents asked him what his secret was and what he did to get so damn strong. Had his technique been better I think he would have won more. For those he did win his superior strength gave him an advantage. He has his fan club too. A group of girls from his school followed him to all his away matches. And whenever they get the chance they feel his biceps. He enjoys the attention.

Anyway he is now the strongest of my nephews. The older ones are having a bit of trouble dealing with the fact that the "baby" as they used to call him, is now the one they cannot beat. Now he is back to the heavy lifting for football.
Big RR (April 3rd, 2014), Mdlftr (April 4th, 2014), worshipper (April 5th, 2014)
  #38   Add to Redtiger56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:41 PM

What was his record?
  #39   Add to debate1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:44 PM

debate1 is on a distinguished road
When will we see pictures. Some before and after pictures of the progress of all you guys would be awesome!!!!!
  #40   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2014, 12:06 PM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
How young is this stud

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size