The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to MLMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM

MLMuscle is on a distinguished road
Friendly muscle strength/flexing competitions between guys!

This thread involves situations where guys (usually 2 friends but sometimes even guys that don’t know each other) get into a muscle competition with each other to see who has the biggest and strongest muscles. It is awesome when a more “established” bodybuilder gets challenged by a guy that just recently started but is growing and getting more muscular at an incredibly rapid rate. I’ve seen this before in the gym that I go to and elsewhere. I made a number of prior posts about this type of situation involving me and a muscular guy that I met at my bank who is a teller there that I have gotten to know fairly well. You can read all my previous posts on the thread titled: “When you show off”. Even though this guy is a fairly new bodybuilder, he is getting bigger and more muscular each time I see him and he keeps telling me how he is going to surpass me in muscle size and strength very soon and is very competitive (in a very friendly way, though). He has also been allowed to wear sleeveless dress shirts to work so, whenever I go in, we compare muscles and he shows me how strong he is getting. Anyway, check out my prior posts for more background!

Now, about our latest meeting (this story is kind of long – I hope you don’t mind). We had agreed to meet for lunch and it was totally awesome! I took a little longer lunch break from work and first went home and changed into a sleeveless dress shirt of my own (since I knew that he was going to be wearing one, I just thought that I would wear one too.) These shirts are getting much more popular for guys (especially bodybuilder types) and are getting more accepted at work for guys (especially in really hot climates where I live where everything is casual). Anyway, after I changed, I snapped a pic of myself doing a quick bicep flex (not totally pumped up or anything – just a casual pic) so that you can see what these shirts look like and what I looked like in my sleeveless dress shirt when I went to lunch. Here is the pic:

http://i.imgur.com/8zHVwyd.jpg

BTW, I’m going to be posting some “before and after” pics of myself very soon here on the forum.

So, we met at a small caf?-type place a few blocks from the bank. He got there first and I saw him sitting at an outside table (in one of his sleeveless dress shirts, of course). But, what was cool was that he was sitting there and doing some bicep muscle flexes and flexing his shoulders, triceps, etc. to get pumped up in order to show off how big he is getting. He didn’t know that I saw him doing this and I didn’t say anything, but it was cool to watch! As he pulled his fist up toward his shoulder and pumped his bicep muscle 6 or 7 times I was really amazed at how big and peaked his muscle was getting (his peak has really grown and he loves to show it off). As I watched him flexing, his bicep muscle really pumped up and was very impressive for a fairly new bodybuilder. As I said before, he is extremely competitive and it is his goal to get bigger and more muscular than me and he is really growing incredibly fast. Right now, I’m bigger, stronger, and more muscular than him but at the rate he’s going, who knows?

So, I walked up to the table, said hello, sat down, and we both ordered our lunch. After that, we had a really awesome conversation about all sorts of things. We also talked a lot about bodybuilding (diet, eating, etc.) He said that he is 100% natural (I’m a 100% natural bodybuilder, too and always have been), and we talked a little about that and other things. But, during the conversation, we were both looking at each other’s muscles and while we waited for our lunch, he told me that he wanted to compare muscle size with me “directly” and up close (not over the bank counter like we had before) which was totally cool with me! So, I pushed my chair over toward him and I put my arm right next to his. We then did some muscle flexing and comparing and it was fun! Seeing his muscles up close (and next to mine) was awesome and I was really surprised at how big, full, thick, and well developed his muscles were getting in such a short time. His vascularity was improving too and he flexed really hard a few times to show off his bicep and forearm veins (so did I, of course!) Also, when he was flexing his bicep muscle next to mine to try and show me how his muscle size was approaching mine, he was flexing so hard that his fist was shaking and he was really able to expand his muscle so that it looked awesome. My muscle was bigger, but he is rapidly gaining size.

Anyway, this muscle-flexing went on for around 10 minutes or so and, even though our table was kind of off to the side, I noticed that a number of people were looking at us as we were flexing and comparing muscles. He noticed it too but laughed about it and said: “I guess that we’re giving everyone a show!” and I answered jokingly: “Yeah – maybe we should charge an admission fee!” We laughed and did a little more flexing (compared shoulders, triceps, and even pushed up our pants over our calves to compare calf muscles) and then the waitress came with our food. She gave us the most incredible look when she saw us – it was a combination of irritation and disapproval. Anyway, we had a fantastic conversation during the meal and, at the end when the waitress brought the check, he said: “OK, let’s see how strong you are compared to me – it’s time to armwrestle for the check like you suggested” (I admit that I did suggest it but was only half serious about it). I laughed a little and told him that maybe we shouldn’t since it might look a little funny and people were still looking at us. He replied: “I know, I know, you can see how big my muscles are getting and you are trying to chicken out!” (and he then made a few muffled “chicken-clucking” noises). Well, being as competitive as I am, I told him that I would go ahead and armwrestle him and we would see who had the strongest muscles. I also told him that, while I may like to eat chicken, I don’t act like one when it comes to a muscle challenge and that he wouldn’t be making any more clucking noises after our match!

So, we cleared some space on the table and gripped each other’s hands. Some people were watching but we didn’t care. We then both counted quietly to “3” and started. As far as armwrestling in concerned, I have really good muscle power, endurance, and strength but not very good technique. On the other hand, he evidently knew more about technique because the instant that we started, he pushed on my arm at lightning speed and sort of leaned inward and it really caught me off guard. I kind of lost my balance and he kept pushing hard and forced my arm halfway down to the table! I just couldn’t believe it and was really surprised at how strong this guy’s muscles were! As this went on, he gripped my hand really really hard and I couldn’t move my fingers. He even caused one of my knuckles to make that cracking noise – his grip was that strong. I could see some really incredible muscle development in his forearms as he did this and he had some really large bands of muscle in his forearms. But, I have a very strong grip too (and bigger, more muscular and vascular forearms than him) and gripped back harder and he lightened up on his grip when I did this. I should also mention that he had a few of his shirt buttons unbuttoned and I could see a glimpse of his pec muscles flexing and thickening down the middle as he pushed. His bicep muscle was really pumping up and it immediately peaked as soon as we started (the tendons in his bicep muscle were really sticking out from the strain).

I began to wonder if I had too slow a start to win the match but I’m extremely competitive and I gathered my strength and began to push back. At first he didn’t move much but as I pushed harder, his arm began to move toward the table. He then said: “Nice try, but I’m stronger than you and you just aren’t going to win”. I didn’t say anything but just kept pushing. He then gave a strong burst of pushing power and it caught me off guard again and he was able to push my arm back. But, I regained my balance and soon his arm was again moving down toward the table. He was trying so hard that his bicep muscle was actually shaking as it flexed and pumped up more (by this time, I could see quite a few veins branching out on top of his muscle as it flexed hard from the stain). A few times, he pushed me back a bit, but I recovered each time and pretty soon I decided that this had to end and I gave one giant push and won the match!

He handled his loss in a really cool way and I saw him looking at my pumped up muscles and veins. He said: “Just give me a little more time and I’ll win and you know it. I’m getting bigger and stronger each week and I demand a rematch!” Actually he was smiling while saying this and I could tell that he really enjoyed the match (and so did I). But, I never imagined that he could be so strong and that his muscles and veins could pump up so large and I told him this (he just loved to hear it and thanked me). I really think that I could have probably won the match much quicker and easier, but I was so stunned by his muscle size and strength (and was watching his muscles) that I really was caught off guard and was not concentrating like I should have.

By that time, we both had to go back to work. I decided that I would pay the check but he grabbed my hand (with the check in it) and said that he was going to pay since he had lost our match. I told him not to worry about it and pretty soon we were having another muscle strength test fighting over who would pay the check (while he was pulling on my hand, I noticed that his shoulders were flexing and they were really getting huge!) However, I managed to pull my hand away from his hand and went up to the cashier. I then realized that the check was totally crumpled up into a tattered little ball (which I guess should be expected when two pumped up muscle-guys are fighting over it). The cashier uncrumpled it and didn’t say anything (but she gave me an annoyed look) and I paid the check. We then said goodbye (we were both really late getting back to work) and agreed to get together again very soon and so forth!

So, that’s what happened. If you want, I’ll keep you posted as to additional developments (muscular or otherwise)!!!

Last edited by MLMuscle; May 26th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MLMuscle For This Useful Post:
BigSteve6ft3 (May 26th, 2013), ihavebigpecs (May 28th, 2013), Jaekel (May 27th, 2013), JeffXeno (May 27th, 2013), littledude (June 21st, 2013), luap82 (May 27th, 2013), milwmuscleguy (May 28th, 2013), stronguns (May 26th, 2013), toby182 (May 27th, 2013)
  #2   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:18 PM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to niko777 For This Useful Post:
BigSteve6ft3 (May 27th, 2013), Mdlftr (May 27th, 2013), MLMuscle (May 27th, 2013), SWMassMan (May 28th, 2013), vlad (May 26th, 2013), wanthugemass (November 22nd, 2013)
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; Yesterday at 06:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
gomez (May 26th, 2013)
  #4   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
http://i.imgur.com/8zHVwyd.jpg

, ummmm.....MLMuscle you are built insanely well!
  #5   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:49 PM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Hey MLMuscle, I'm really enjoying reading about your interactions with your muscular bank teller friend. Sounds like the guy is growing incredibly fast. How's that affecting your own motivation in the gym? Has his progress inspired you to step it up a notch to make sure he doesn't surpass you? Are you worried that he might? What are your stats, and how does he compare?

BTW, you really look impressive in that pic. Awesome vascularity! Looking forward to those before-and-after shots.
  #6   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:43 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
Pity you left out the part where the dicks came out and you two had just the greatest time.........pleeeease
  #7   Add to toby182's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:03 AM

toby182 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to toby182
pics

any chance of pics of you two together?
  #8   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:53 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Really sounds awesome, but we gotta know heights and weights
Maybe he could tell you his size when you first met?
  #9   Add to MLMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:18 PM

MLMuscle is on a distinguished road
It really is an awesome situation watching this guy get bigger, stronger, and more muscular right before my eyes (at least it seems that way to me). I don?t really have any stats on him yet (I?m going to try and get those). But, we both are about the same height (somewhere between 5-8 and 5-9). I weigh around 180 pounds and have a naturally really low bodyfat level (since I started seriously bodybuilding, it usually stays at around 5 - 7% and am very vascular pretty much all the time as my pic above shows: http://i.imgur.com/8zHVwyd.jpg ). I don?t know what he weighs, but I think that he weighs less than me by around 15 - 18 pounds or so (give or take a couple of pounds), but he is really gaining muscle fast and is becoming more vascular as his muscles grow. I noticed that his shirts are looking tighter and tighter and his shoulders are getting so big that they are not easily fitting through the armholes of his sleeveless shirts (he told me that he needs to buy some new ones)! Anyway, I?ll see if I can get more stats on him and keep you posted if you are interested.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MLMuscle For This Useful Post:
Big RR (May 28th, 2013), ihavebigpecs (June 1st, 2013), milwmuscleguy (May 28th, 2013), stronguns (May 28th, 2013), Wynfrith (June 2nd, 2013)
  #10   Add to Dentistclark's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Muscle obsessed worshiper

Dentistclark is on a distinguished road
Firstly ML, this story has had me gripped for ages, I can't wait for the next update. Second, you look amazing in that pic, your bank teller is so lucky to have your muscle for inspiration. Nplease keep the updates coming and some pics of this vision would be nice if possible.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options