The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM

mango is an unknown quantity at this point
Somebody here might like this thing

I don't know who, but...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mango For This Useful Post:
bigbbny (August 23rd, 2013), chronos (August 24th, 2013), HorsePower (August 23rd, 2013), Jozin87 (August 23rd, 2013), Max2009 (August 24th, 2013), toby182 (August 25th, 2013), wanthugemass (August 24th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I like Piana, love his physique, but...I hate being "that guy" who always goes on the tattoo rant, but...what the hell? What are these guys thinking? What possible point is there in going through all the hell it takes to create a great physique, only to deface it with a lot of hideous graffiti? It's like a sculptor spending years on a masterpiece, and then attacking it with spray paint. What is the mental process here? Is it just a desire to be a freak that will gross most people out? In that case, why not get your tongue split and wear a bone through your nose? So much simpler. Or better yet, spend the money on a psychiatrist. I can't imagine the level of self-loathing involved in this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bull For This Useful Post:
calhoun (August 24th, 2013)
  #3   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Tattoos are not graffiti, for most people who have them they are art. I have seen some beautiful ink on some folks.

That disclaimer aside, people who make their living on their appearance, such as bodybuilders and actors, who get all inked up have made a mistake, in my opinion.
There are pics and vids of Lee Priest getting back into competition shape, but I have to say that his tats hide or at least blur some of the conditioning he's working so hard to achieve.
I hear stories about actors who take so much time in make-up because the make-up folks have to cover up tattoos that are inappropriate for the shoot.

Hey, I think anyone should be able to get all the ink they want- it's their body and their choice.

When I was young, people with tattoos were counter-culture rebels. Now the non-inked like myself are the rebellious ones.

Didn't see that one coming.

bulkybud

Last edited by bulkybud; August 24th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
arpeejay (August 24th, 2013)
  #4   Add to HorsePower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM

HorsePower is on a distinguished road
Didn't notice much of the tattoos, was too busy watching the muscles and stuff, yeah it can be a little weird, but there are a lot of people in the world with different ways of thinking and expressing themselves.
  #5   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM

Perados is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I like Piana, love his physique, but...I hate being "that guy" who always goes on the tattoo rant, but...what the hell? What are these guys thinking? What possible point is there in going through all the hell it takes to create a great physique, only to deface it with a lot of hideous graffiti? It's like a sculptor spending years on a masterpiece, and then attacking it with spray paint. What is the mental process here? Is it just a desire to be a freak that will gross most people out? In that case, why not get your tongue split and wear a bone through your nose? So much simpler. Or better yet, spend the money on a psychiatrist. I can't imagine the level of self-loathing involved in this.
To train your body like this and to use drugs to become that big and you ask for a psychiatrist cause of the tattoos??? LOL

I guess its quite simple. Muscles just as tattoos are for many people manly and agressive...
And if you have a look at that guy, he defenetly has a problem with his manlyness.

I love big muscles and tattoos can be hot as well - but this guy defenetly isnt my type
  #6   Add to Uskathoth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM

Uskathoth is on a distinguished road
I think you are way off in equating tattoos with self-loathing.

And similar to what Parados said, I think if you look at pro bodybuilders as a group you can find plenty more significant red flags regarding mental and physical health than something as innocuous as tattoos.

Personally, I think there are a lot of hideous hair-dos out there (Jay Cutler is Heatmeiser!) that are way more distracting than ink on skin.
  #7   Add to tattcub's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:40 PM

tattcub is on a distinguished road
Self loathing ? Really ?

Strangely enough as a very tattooed man I find myself comfortable in my own skin and have no desire or need to see a psychiatrist.

I take issue with people who assume that I do. It does not make me a lesser person, a dumbass or white trash as some would say.

I have a good job and get on pretty much with every person I meet. In fact my ink has been the cause of many great conversations.

I will agree that ink can distract from some muscle, but that is the choice of the individual. No-one has the right to say they're any less of a person just because of the choice to use one of the oldest forms of art in the world.

It's their canvas and it can be as bright and colourful as they want it to be. It can also be as large ( can you see where I'm going with this ?) as they want it to be.

It works for me.

TC
schwermarko (August 24th, 2013)
  #8   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:02 PM

mango is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with you tattcub

All this tatoo talk I was not even vaguely thinking of when I put in that dumb, self-deprecating title, "somebody here might like this". I was ironically joking at maybe my expense that maybe no one would check out a thread wth a title that does the opposite of sizzle. I thought the men, particularly the less tanned, and less, yes tattoo'ed boys, were so hot that everyone on the board would easily fit them into a pleasant day dream. I didn't watch it all, I prefer a different presentation of manly puchritude, less overly masculine, more young and cream puffed - but the tattos didn't cross my mind when I posted it. Did not mean to attack tattoos, though I don't care for the Maori look, so you know my bias and also my ignorance of the issue here. Enjoy your tats, or perhaps better said, I hope some else enjoys them which is why you have them. Among young dudes they are very much appreciated so if you have normal male interest for younger men you're on the right track. Having been built once I wanted a young slim cute horney top or a bottom who was bigger than me. More info than you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to mango For This Useful Post:
gomez (August 24th, 2013)
  #9   Add to calhoun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 05:00 AM

calhoun is on a distinguished road
I don't see tats as self-loathing. But I think they are a fad.....a very popular one at the moment....and that people get them in order to conform and to "look cool" to their peers. And I find that kind of sad....young people have always conformed in various ways, but this fad seems to be on a whole other level. It has gotten so that the person without a tat is now expressing more individualism than the person who does have tat(s).
  #10   Add to tattcub's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 05:19 AM

tattcub is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoun View Post
I don't see tats as self-loathing. But I think they are a fad.....a very popular one at the moment....and that people get them in order to conform and to "look cool" to their peers. And I find that kind of sad....young people have always conformed in various ways, but this fad seems to be on a whole other level. It has gotten so that the person without a tat is now expressing more individualism than the person who does have tat(s).
Huh ?

If they were a fad then I'm sure that would have died out with the Ainu, Egyptians,polynesians, south americans, vikings and oh yes...us Brits too :-)

" the island of Great Britain takes its name from tattooing; Britons translates as "people of the designs", and Picts, the peoples who originally inhabited the northern part of Britain, literally means "the painted people"

Tattooing has changed in modern times...Rather than a form of rebellion it has become an acceptable form of self expression.

By the way. I actually got my tattoos for me and nobody else. It is nice when people comment how they like them but that is not why I got them. Some people maybe.

TC
  #11   Add to wanthugemass's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM

wanthugemass is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wanthugemass
Whilst I would prefer Piana with fewer tattoos I'm sure most of us wouldn't throw him off if he were on top of us.
At 5:30 there's another huge bearded hulk standing behind him.... wow, and you can see the muscle. At 12:04 he looks magnificent.
I don't have an issue with tattoos...its just I can't see past them on Piana which is a pity because there was some seriously huge muscle size and power in that compound that afternoon which attracted lots of attention; and, of course, they love it.
Btw the guy at 14:40 will probably be using that photograph he had taken for blowing off purposes for quite some time

Last edited by wanthugemass; August 24th, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
  #12   Add to Uskathoth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM

Uskathoth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoun View Post
I don't see tats as self-loathing. But I think they are a fad...
I wouldn't call it a fad although I will admit that tattoos are more popular in America now than they were ten years ago (NBC poll says 1 in 4 adults under 50 have tatoo now compared to 1 in 6 in 2003: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/13245154/n.../#.Uhkl7RvkuSo). But fads come and go--tattoos have been around forever though their popularity does spike now and then. Hula Hoops were a fad; tattoos are more like short skirts in that they may become more or less popular but they are always around.
  #13   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:32 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Oooh, we have now added a new bucket list item, once I am up to "full size" I'm gonna have to visit venice beach and see how many tourists I can get to ask me for a picture!

Oh and yes, I have every intention of being covered in tats, I've already started, so :P

I actually really like the heavy tribal tats Rich has added over his obliques, helps minimize the visual impact of the massive roid gut.
  #14   Add to hexdog3f8h's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:21 PM

hexdog3f8h is on a distinguished road
I have always seen tattoos, especially in that amount, distracting to the eye. To me it's almost like someone is putting on a permanent covering. And that many tattoos is almost like putting on a partial shirt. I look at it as hiding the muscular body instead of enhancing it. Why would you want to cover up that muscular magnificence? Just my opinion.
  #15   Add to ytrewq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:56 PM

ytrewq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Or better yet, spend the money on a psychiatrist.
Some of these men have taken drugs that cause radical spikes and dips in their hormones, alter their bloodpressure and even distort the size of their internal organs to the point of bloating their belly, but no, it's the TATOOS they need to see a shrink for?
  #16   Add to fluid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM

fluid is on a distinguished road
Hi guys, went to watch the video. Click on and it says video is unavailable. What's up?
  #17   Add to fluid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM

fluid is on a distinguished road
Watching on my ipad through Safari

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text