The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM

mango is an unknown quantity at this point
the value of lurkers

they make a board richer, like Death Valley.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mango For This Useful Post:
Jozin87 (October 1st, 2013)
  #2   Add to ernest_one23's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM

ernest_one23 is on a distinguished road
Where's the bitch-slap button in this forum?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ernest_one23 For This Useful Post:
bigbearny (October 1st, 2013), caneda (October 1st, 2013), hojo (September 29th, 2013), Jozin87 (October 1st, 2013), n00blet (October 1st, 2013), Otaru_grower (October 1st, 2013), Reeza (September 30th, 2013), The Magus (September 29th, 2013), vector (September 29th, 2013)
  #3   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:15 PM

don't be offended!

I only expressed the vaguest distaste for lurkers and you want this? really?

I was just pointing out that people like the gentleman below don't rank high in my estimation, I didn't mean to insult you personally, but if I did, and you, Miss Iowna Trailor, are offended, well ...maybe you SHOULD bitch slap someone honey. I mean it.

meanwhile, I think I'll step out for a quick smoke.
  #4   Add to tekuno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:36 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 314 Posts
tekuno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tekuno
So wait, you felt like spontaneously being incredibly rude to a bunch of people who, more or less by definition, have done you no harm whatsoever, but rather than put it in the "General" section, you went and dumped it in the "Media" section? Okay, I can understand that maybe you just wanted to make sure we all got our dose of vitamin a-hole today, but why is this a remotely reasonable thing to post in this particular section? If you're going to complain in the media section, at least complain about the choice of media (like the people who think Justin Bieber is a fit subject for posting here).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tekuno For This Useful Post:
Aetas (October 1st, 2013), anglekindle (September 29th, 2013), gildesh (October 1st, 2013), renbear (October 9th, 2013), shatter (October 3rd, 2013)
  #5   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:54 PM

i was drinking margaritas

and so forgot about dinner. it happens.
  #6   Add to Sedoriku's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:40 AM

Sedoriku is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango View Post
they make a board richer, like Death Valley.
So effectively you mean they enrich the forums once in the blue moon much like the years where there is an abundance of rain and the flowers come out?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sedoriku For This Useful Post:
AngryLeek (September 30th, 2013), Mdlftr (September 30th, 2013), Reeza (September 30th, 2013), shatter (October 3rd, 2013), sonic260 (September 30th, 2013), ydt81 (September 30th, 2013)
  #7   Add to vector's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:27 AM

vector is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was just pointing out that people like the gentleman below don't rank high in my estimation
Don't worry, I'm sure the feeling is mutual! But what really matters is... why wasn't this posted in Main Off-Topic Board forum instead? At least lurkers don't clutter the forums with unneccessary posts, so kudos to all lurkers!
  #8   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anpuZA For This Useful Post:
anglekindle (September 30th, 2013), Jozin87 (October 1st, 2013), The Magus (October 3rd, 2013)
  #9   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Way Too Tall

anglekindle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to anglekindle Send a message via Yahoo to anglekindle Send a message via Skype™ to anglekindle
Some of us are just comfortable watching the forums... not all of us need to participate.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must head back to the shadows to lurk some more.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anglekindle For This Useful Post:
Aetas (October 1st, 2013), DragonKnight (October 1st, 2013), EQQUS (September 30th, 2013), littledude (October 1st, 2013), lurker5 (October 2nd, 2013), Otaru_grower (October 1st, 2013), Reeza (September 30th, 2013)
  #10   Add to Poor Horatio's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM

Poor Horatio is on a distinguished road
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poor Horatio For This Useful Post:
Jozin87 (October 1st, 2013), Omiganda (September 30th, 2013), PunkGuy01 (September 30th, 2013), ts1976 (September 30th, 2013)
  #11   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:17 PM

Poor Horatio, I like that

The truth is that I've been uploading stuff and getting a lot of visits but no posts, and so like kicking something that's not moving to see if it's still alive, I said something to see if it would move. And I got a lot of posts, that's all I really wanted. I don't really care about lurkers one way or the other - I've never given any thought to them. But I'm cheered that the board can still move once in a while, if you say something nasty about anything. Controversy is like an electrical current in this monster called an internet board. Without controversy this baby would become stillborn.
Poor Horatio (September 30th, 2013)
  #12   Add to Shippou's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:43 PM

Shippou is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The truth is that I've been uploading stuff and getting a lot of visits but no posts, and so like kicking something that's not moving to see if it's still alive, I said something to see if it would move. And I got a lot of posts, that's all I really wanted. I don't really care about lurkers one way or the other - I've never given any thought to them. But I'm cheered that the board can still move once in a while, if you say something nasty about anything. Controversy is like an electrical current in this monster called an internet board. Without controversy this baby would become stillborn.
Sooo... you're taking the troll-mobile for a test ride. Okay.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shippou For This Useful Post:
arpeejay (September 30th, 2013), Mdlftr (October 1st, 2013), Reeza (September 30th, 2013), The Magus (October 3rd, 2013), ts1976 (September 30th, 2013)
  #13   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; Yesterday at 03:31 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
anglekindle (September 30th, 2013), littledude (October 1st, 2013), LucidDreamer (October 1st, 2013), Omiganda (September 30th, 2013), Reeza (September 30th, 2013), renbear (October 9th, 2013), ts1976 (September 30th, 2013)
  #14   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:21 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
I guess you win mango, i am really two people and we are both kids hehe. Calling someone 'pathetic' for saying something like you did in the first place is very mature of you. I hope I am half as mature and wise as you when I am 63. Have a good day sir!

Last edited by raven79; October 1st, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raven79 For This Useful Post:
littledude (October 1st, 2013), manlion (October 1st, 2013)
  #15   Add to tattcub's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:37 PM

tattcub is on a distinguished road
I agree with Richard (arpeejay) and Raven.

I don't get why you'd post this.

It's pointless and makes waves for no reason.

The number of times I see the post that begins "long time lurker" is actually a pleasing one. It means people are watching and appreciating our stuff even if they are too shy to interact directly which is often the case and was with me before I started posting.

Lurk away folks if you want to. Post away too...

Come say hi when you're ready and able to.

TC
calhoun (October 5th, 2013), caneda (October 1st, 2013), jockmachine (September 30th, 2013), littledude (October 1st, 2013), renbear (October 9th, 2013)
  #16   Add to Shippou's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:12 AM

I think Mango's really enjoying this trollercoaster ride.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shippou For This Useful Post:
LucidDreamer (October 1st, 2013), syntax_error (October 3rd, 2013)
  #17   Add to Otaru_grower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:29 AM

Otaru_grower is on a distinguished road

MANGO IS NOTTA THE DRAMA QUEEN! MANGO CARES TOO MUCH! HE LOVES THE POSTINGS! HE HAS THE PASSION FOR THEM!
The Following User Says Thank You to Otaru_grower For This Useful Post:
mango (October 1st, 2013)
  #18   Add to littledude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:43 AM

littledude is on a distinguished road
biggest lurker

I posted some time ago and got no response for my desire of "strength fetish/being lifted." So i remain silent and just read this site everyday! Love with Londonboy and some of the other authors do stories about strength and lifting other dudes stuff like that. So yeh I am a lurker and it that means i should be banned so be it, but I love this site and have for a very very long time. Please keep the stories and pics and vids comeing cause we (lurkers) like what we see or we would have left along time ago. Thank you to all the people who continue to post you are appreciated by all. lilbilly
The Following User Says Thank You to littledude For This Useful Post:
mango (October 1st, 2013)
  #19   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
I don't agree entirely with Mango. Still, someone has to do "this" so I'm going to bite the bullet and go for it. In his defense:

1) There is no rule that states he has to be a carebear. Many of you seem to mix up "not being sweet enough" with "being a troll." This is the Internet and it's basically an opinion machine. Anything you do not agree with does not automatically make it a trolly thing. You should fully understand a post inside and out before actually replying just to be sure.

2) There is no rule that states he should give a damn about lurkers. They are people too, but this is the Internet. So the only people with any say are the people who actually type/post. I didn't make the rules and in all honesty, this is pretty common/factual knowledge in regards to the Interwebzzz.

3) There is no rule stating that he can't have an opinion. Again. Internet. Opinion machine. And in everyone else's defense, your opinions are also valid bcuz da definition of "opinion" says so. However, there is a line that should not be crossed. Personal threats being implied or used, for (one of the few) example(s), are toats uncool/crossing the line. Unless the person is plainly being stupid or something, then you can call him/her out on it. Yay!

4) Saying something like "lurkers are unproductive or useless" is. Hardly. Considered. Trolling. By. Any. Real. Standard. Of. Trolling.

His only violation is that he posted this in the wrong topic and is also an ass. Albeit, by normal Internet standards he's still rated E for everyone. Funnily enough he managed to PROVE A POINT thanks to YOU - THE POSTERS! Negative and ultimately useless threads get an undeserved amount of attention. While good threads get no attention because everyone's busy lurking/fapping/etc to bother posting in them.

----------------------------------------
In regards to lurkers. Like littledude. . . Well to put it shortly~

Posting is good.
It lets people know what you think or like.
Then you find other people who are like you.
That leads to more lurkers being enticed into posting.
Stuff happens.
Yay.

Worst case scenario is your post gets ignored.
So then you try again later or find posts that interest you.
Post in that topic with your thoughts, then the topic you like then gets bumped.
Basically the same thing you wanted to happen happens, except it's not your topic and you should be OK with that.
Stuff happens.
Yay.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:
JeffXeno (October 1st, 2013), mango (October 1st, 2013)
  #20   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM

The funniest response; I love it. hehehehe

The most pathetic post coming from an adult (?) was Raven's; "I had to come here and say something. Mango this is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen posted on this forum. (ha!!!) Not everyone has to post and what was the reason for you to even post this? (I was bored and pissed to death!)

I won't make any snide comment, but I honestly don't understand why you even decided to post this. " (Raven, I was bored, I posted my little heart out and got a sock full of coals in return. Next,

This is true Shippou:
"I think Mango's really enjoying this trollercoaster ride." Next

and you, dearest arpeejay "Too bad trolling isn't a bannable offense! (talk about running to the kitchen for the first butcher knife you see arpeejay!) Perhaps we need to have a little talk with FlexODus...(I don't know who the hell that is, board politics don't interest me)

And, yes, I'm seriously pissed off so no "xoxo" for this thread! (Arpeejay, I was bored with the board, after 10 years I figured it out, I'm slow, the only crap that gets discussed seriously is controversy and usually pointless pathetic controversy like "lurkers be bad". Like I gave a shit!

A comment Soo true!; "Sooo... you're taking the troll-mobile for a test ride. Okay." Next;

In the true spirit of the party; Poor Horatio

Next

Truely humerous, Anglekindle: "Some of us are just comfortable watching the forums... not all of us need to participate.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must head back to the shadows to lurk some more." Next,

Vector made a valid point (and valid points, like the truth, usually hurt) ; "Don't worry, I'm sure the feeling is mutual! But what really matters is... why wasn't this posted in [COLOR=#d5d5d5]Main Off-Topic Board[/COLOR] forum instead? At least lurkers don't clutter the forums with unneccessary posts, so kudos to all lurkers! (I've never explored all the board's many assets, I have a lot of curiosity but not about pigeoholes, so rack that up to my ignorance and obviously my trollmobile wouldn't have been able to speed over the limit on that dead end highway.)

Sedoriku in expressing his opinions, expressed my only true one on the subject of real lurkers; "So effectively you mean they enrich the forums once in the blue moon much like the years where there is an abundance of rain and the flowers come out?" (But that would have gotten me 0 posts, not my evil intent)

For fans of Breaking Bad this is hilarious and sums up my bad attitude;

But this funny gif is how I really see this board and life in general; not angry, just funny,

" Any last words Mango? Would you like a cigarette before we blindfold you?" No, but hone the axe before you decapitate me. You've already decommissioned me of my phony title and rep power, again like I give a shit.

Also Rarity's comment above this one was that rare ray of intelligent sunlight in the usual board bitch fight. So Board god or gods, do with me as you see fit, it aint my board, I aint all bad, and hell I didn't post any child pornography. I'm just a flawed human being with a nasty cold who is also past his expiration date, covered in house cats, and blankets and hot water bottles. Just a sweet old gentleman. And I got fucking 19 posts! So eat shit and die, or not.
  #21   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; Yesterday at 03:31 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
caneda (October 2nd, 2013), DragonKnight (October 1st, 2013), LucidDreamer (October 1st, 2013), Otaru_grower (October 4th, 2013), renbear (October 9th, 2013)
  #22   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Come up 2 the lab

So many choices... so many choices... eat shit and die... mmm, Anna bring ze scheizetaffel zis instant!

Guys, misplaced as this thread was I am sure it isn't worth half the aggro we've allotted it. Let's all just take a breather...

Lurkers, keep on lurkin' and jerkin' boys (and gals - as such), we don't mind. Except for you Anglekindle.

Thought you could get away did you?

Nope. No way you gorgeous man you, you need to not lurk... at all.

Mango, put a few funny faces in here and there, it helps you know, people need to know you're just poking fun. Like me with Anglekindle...

Or am I?

Or am I?

Lol.

Or no, maybe not lol, maybe the anti lol, spelled backwards which is still... oh fuck it, still lol, but in a less happy voice. More a cough than a laugh, yeah that's it, COL, cough out loud... ha!
  #23   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Wading into the muck....

I am amazed that this thread got people so worked up.

So someone's bored and decided to say something "controversial" about a category of unnamed people.

...And, prepare for the sh*tstorm!!

Wow, I didn't see that coming!

I would ask, "Why does anyone care?" and I guess the answer is,
"trolling tends to lower the level of discourse on a forum, so people are protective of this one!" - as they should be!

Mango, take some Tylenol and snuggle under the blankets until the fever breaks..

....Everyone back to their corners.....nothing to see here......

...Move along, back to the shadows, or corners, or wherever you normally hang out........

It's all good.

Mdlftr
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
JeffXeno (October 1st, 2013), mango (October 1st, 2013)
  #24   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM

Feathers are flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Just a quick reminder FYI. To add someone to your IGNORE list (you will no longer see that person's posts):

* Click on the person's username
* Choose View Public Profile
* Under the user name in the profile there are two drop down menus, one for Send Message and one for User Lists
* Click on User Lists and then Add to Ignore List
* Confirm selection

In 10 years I think my list has finally crept up to about 5 names, including that of this nimrod.

xoxo

Richard

No respect for seniors! You, arpeejay, or "JUST PEE", should eat shit and die. I'm kidding of course, but, on a positive note, I am putting you on my "Bad Boy List" too. So we needn't run across each other again. And please don't comment on my postings in the future. They are meant for seriouss ddiscussion. Not flip xoxo crap.

Last edited by mango; October 1st, 2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: bad title
  #25   Add to Shippou's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
4) Saying something like "lurkers are unproductive or useless" is. Hardly. Considered. Trolling. By. Any. Real. Standard. Of. Trolling.
Not sure what standard you're going by... but...

Definition: A person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Quote:
But I'm cheered that the board can still move once in a while, if you say something nasty about anything. Controversy is like an electrical current in this monster called an internet board.
So... I mean, trolling is a pretty accurate description of what he's doing, no? And I'm sure he meant "Controversy is like a voltage" (which causes currents to flow).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shippou For This Useful Post:
anglekindle (October 1st, 2013), arpeejay (October 2nd, 2013), The Magus (October 3rd, 2013)
  #26   Add to stewbake's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:23 PM

stewbake is on a distinguished road
Even as a simple, worthless lurker, am I the only one who sees the irony in such an inflammatory thread now being labelled 'popular'?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stewbake For This Useful Post:
Lucas88 (October 2nd, 2013), sonic260 (October 2nd, 2013)
  #27   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Let us now replace discourse with intercourse.

Aaaah, men.
  #28   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM

I'm ready, willing and able

If Daryl is. Also there is no shame in being a lurker! or in being a drama queen! or a phony bitch who pretends to be your friend! In 2013 shame is out of place lurkers and queens and phony bitches. All we have now is celebrity. And that is a category apparently above morality. Daryl is fucking hot aint he. And it took a Zombie Apocalypse for the country to see it.

#29   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:06 PM

time to clean up...

I need a peppermint.
Jozin87 (October 5th, 2013)
  #30   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Wasted Pussy? Or perhaps a clever allusion to the fact that Pussy is wasted on this forum.

Well played Mango.
  #31   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:40 AM

thank you Puza

Irony is defintely wasted on this forum and humor usually, and intellect unless it's the cat fighting type. But that's just my personal take based on a lot of experience.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options