The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to collegebud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:03 AM

collegebud is on a distinguished road
The Shape of Things to Come

This is a question from a total newbie to bodybuilding. So new, I'm practically a pre-newbie. More on that in another post, but just know my knowledge is very minimal, so hopefully this isn't glaringly obvious, common knowledge...

Adam (Adam400m) is one of a bodybuilding hero of mine. The one thing that both drives me crazy (as a gay man) and motivates me (as an aspiring bodybuilder) is the shape of his muscle, unlike anything I've seen before.

I know the shape is muscle is partially genetic, but is there any information on types/methods for controlling the size of muscle? For example: pecs that curve upward like a pair of bowls vs. pecs that are broad, square and flat like a large opened coffee table book.

Hoping to get some insight into this... thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to LeatherGryphon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:53 AM

LeatherGryphon is on a distinguished road
The look of "pecs" is actually generated by several muscles in that area. Primarily the pecs are divided into upper and lower which should both be worked deeply. They generally work together but use certain exercises to concentrate the load on the upper pecs and other exercises for the lower pecs. When done right you'll start to see that dividing line across the middle. Great for showing off rippling chest!

However, underneath the pecs are also smaller muscles that control the rib cage and can add volume to the chest when grown.

Don't forget that the look of the pecs is also very dependent on how the front shoulder muscles tie in under the pecs. The shoulder muscles (deltoids) are themselves comprised of three major muscles, front, side, and back. Not developing them evenly leads to goofy looking shoulders.

If you're really serious about bodybuilding you'll become very familiar with anatomy, real nutrition (not just the latest supplement fad), and the mechanics of exercise.

Muscles rarely work alone. They work in concert and are essential for keeping your balance. Don't neglect any part of the body. Otherwise goofyness results.

And for god's sake don't think the look of the extreme morphed musclemen in this forum is something to be desired. It's all good fantasy but you'll never get there. Workout right, eat right, sleep right, dedicate yourself and you'll end up with a beautiful body.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeatherGryphon For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (October 24th, 2013)
  #3   Add to LeatherGryphon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2013, 05:03 AM

LeatherGryphon is on a distinguished road
Finally, don't damage yourself. Damage is not progress. Keep the weights under control (slow up, slower down). Don't swing & jerk. Don't show-off, leave your macho in bed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options