The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tpumper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM

tpumper is on a distinguished road
Joe Manganiello

Thought there was a thread about Joe (maybe under a true blood topic)..He has put out a book and the cover is an amazing shredded pic of him...http://ecx.images-amazon.com/../indexes/images/...4,203,200_.jpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:13 AM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Awesome body, but YIKES the hair makes me think of Annette Funicello. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to martinp13 For This Useful Post:
theunknown (January 7th, 2014)
  #3   Add to musclefan85's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 7th, 2014, 05:40 PM

musclefan85 is on a distinguished road
I just finished reading the book, so if you're curious about it here's a short review.

If you want to buy it for pictures of Joe, you won't be disappointed. The middle section is all pictures of him (a mix of B&W and colour, and mostly full page) and there's pics of him showing the workout routines in the second half.

The book is mostly about a 6-week workout program dubbed "Evolution" based on everything he's learned about bodybuilding, from the philosophy of it to the actual techniques and best practices (including dietary suggestions). It says it's for any level, but it's clearly written with beginners or intermediates in mind. It includes some personal history of him to illustrate the point, which is interesting too.

A paperback version is coming later this year, but even the hardcover copy isn't too expensive online. If you're a fan of him I'd say buy it, but if you want a more comprehensive book on all things muscle building or a larger selection of workout routines you should probably look elsewhere.

As for how effective the program is, I'll let you know 6 weeks from tomorrow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musclefan85 For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (January 7th, 2014), Stoneman (January 7th, 2014)
  #4   Add to musclefan85's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Half-Way Point

BUMP

So I'm half-way through the six week program as the last day of the week is rest day.

Weeks 1 and 2 were more "training" as the book describes so the growth is more in later weeks, but already I've seen (and felt) a difference. It's not something most would notice (especially in sweater weather), but what can you really expect in 3 weeks? I definitely look bigger than before and more ripped in the stomach, thanks to some dietary changes. My wrists, ankles and neck don't seem much bigger, but that may just be tall people problems.

The biggest difference for me is with some of my boxer briefs. They feel tighter, not in the waist, but in the the legs, which makes sense since the "dynamic warm-up" for every exercise includes plenty of lunges and squats on top of working legs twice a week.

Last night was biceps/delts and I was shocked to see my arms when I was done. Of course, 30 min later "the pump" was gone, but it's amazing what you can do with even light weights with the right routine.

I'm sticking with this workout for sure. It's the first time I've seen real progress and it's great. Truth be told, as much as I was working out and eating protein bars before, I was probably never doing it the right way to gain size. Now I am and I can't wait to see what I look like 3 weeks or 3 months from now.
The Following User Says Thank You to musclefan85 For This Useful Post:
MuscleMesmerize (January 28th, 2014)
  #5   Add to MuscleMesmerize's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Muscle Mesmerizer

MuscleMesmerize is on a distinguished road
Is it something you need a lot of gym equipment for, or can do at home with dumbbells, or ? Your review of the results has me interested but I am working with just a small gym in my apartment complex and what I have at home including dumbbells.
  #6   Add to musclefan85's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMesmerize View Post
Is it something you need a lot of gym equipment for, or can do at home with dumbbells, or ? Your review of the results has me interested but I am working with just a small gym in my apartment complex and what I have at home including dumbbells.
The exercises it gives are all based on using a professional gym, with those types of equipment. I'm in the same boat as you, so I had to make some minor modifications (like doing curls with dumbbells instead of barbells). I'm sure it's best to go to a "real" gym, but it's working for me so far even with substitutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to musclefan85 For This Useful Post:
MuscleMesmerize (January 28th, 2014)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode