The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Staying out of the gym

Does anyone else here have problem staying home to all adequate recovery time between workouts? I've been doing some online research and I have to conclude I'm overtraining and need to take more time between bodypart workouts.

I'm impatient and want to get back sooner than I should to allow proper growth.

Anyone else have that problem?

bulkybud.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to musclstud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM

musclstud has disabled reputation
Yea, I do but sometimes schoolwork forces me to take nights off that I wouldn't have so it occasionally balances out.... though I try like hell to make sure that rarely happens. Actualy had to take all of last week out since I went home from school where I no longer have a gym membership. I think it did me well despite hating it.

Bet bet may be to plan something to do when you would normally be at the gym. Perhaps go out with friends for an extended amount of time or get some more sleep (the sleep will really help).
The Following User Says Thank You to musclstud For This Useful Post:
bulkybud (December 1st, 2013)
  #3   Add to rebeeca's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:42 AM

rebeeca is on a distinguished road
Hey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post
Does anyone else here have problem staying home to all adequate recovery time between workouts?
yes i have same problem and now a days i am working out in home and consulting with trainer.. i suggest you to do so
  #4   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Muscles grow when you sleep, but I must admit I love working out in the gym and often it is difficult to take a rest when needed. The gym is an addiction--a healthy one, but an addiction nonetheless.
  #5   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:31 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
My thing is when I go to the gym I want to lift. Just going for cardio or "active rest" feels like I'm cheating myself out of a real workout.

Maybe a solution is to take a day where you go to the gym and focus on muscle groups that you don't usually do, or to focus on form rather than strength, or do "functional" excercises instead of hypertrophic ones or vice versa.

Rest days can be active days, you just have to time things right.

Or, I guess you could experiment with different splits. If you time things right, you could theoretically go to the gym 7 days a week but still give each body part 48 hours rest.

I guess in a way I'm lucky, because "life" has been providing its own rest days for me, so I'm never worrying about whether or not I'm rested enough. The risk is having the opposite happen, lol.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options