The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:30 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Whatever Happened to Trey Brewer?

Perhaps this isn't the best place for this thread, but I'm hoping it will yield recent video footage or photos.

One of my biggest bodybuilding crushes of recent years was Trey Brewer, the man called "The Phenom". Perpetually 21 years old lol. Maybe it was just me, but I always thought he was the cutest, thickest, and most beautiful muscle monster out there. He appeared on the scene, blew up unbelievably huge, and then just disappeared. He was criticized for getting "too fat" at times, but the huger and rounder he got, especially in the face, the hotter I thought he was. Plus, and this is just a naughty thought on my part, he had the most luscious lips I've ever seen.

Does anyone know where he is now, and what he's doing? Even if he isn't as big as he used to be, I would still think he's hot. I just want to see recent stuff on him.

Can anyone help a muscle-loving brutha out?
  #2   Add to DragonKnight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:44 PM

DragonKnight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DragonKnight
According to his wiki, he left bodybuilding to be a firefighter/personal trainer in GA. How current this info is, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
http://titanz.net/trey-brewer/
  #4   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
God, I remember the first time I saw him. He blew my mind.
  #5   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
He looks more masculine in the new pic! I love it..I hope his body is still good under that polo!
  #6   Add to theunknown's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:46 PM

theunknown is an unknown quantity at this point
He looks pretty much the same, except not that bloated like he did when he was off-season.
  #7   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
So, the short answer is he burned out and doesn't compete any more. And Yes, I am sure that he probably doesn't cycle as aggressively any more either, so he won't get as bloated.
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (February 3rd, 2014)
  #8   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:58 PM

Perados is on a distinguished road
this guy could have become a true mucke monster, his legs were one of a kind - would have loved to see him grow
  #9   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:38 PM

any current video

Can anyone direct me to any current video of The Trey monster?
  #10   Add to annoyingone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:37 PM

annoyingone is on a distinguished road
I thought he was awesome....a shame he stopped
  #11   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:42 AM

Bear89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post
Can anyone direct me to any current video of The Trey monster?
There is none. He's laying low on purpose.
  #12   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM

Suprise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear89 View Post
There is none. He's laying low on purpose.
Yes, it may surprise many here to learn this, but when you become famous because of pictures of you which are taken under the best conditions when you are at your absolute peak of conditioning, and then you let someone get a picture or video of you when you are not, people on the internet tend not to exhibit any restraint in expressing their disappointment in your physique.

It may also be surprising to learn that having hundreds, or thousands of people express disappointment in how you look hurts your feelings, even if on a rational level you know that all of them are strangers, none of their opinions matter, and most of them are themselves pathetic specimens of the human species. It is a shame that people don't have to compare themselves to the person they are commenting on before they comment, but they don't.

But this is the reason you don't see much of a lot of retired bodybuilders and off season body builders, because no one feels any restraint in throwing around words like "shriveled" and "bloated."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
hero1000 (February 5th, 2014), JeffXeno (February 4th, 2014), Lucas88 (February 4th, 2014), Mdlftr (February 4th, 2014), MuscleMesmerize (February 4th, 2014)
  #13   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 03:59 PM

I loved Trey no matter what his condition. Even when he was "out of shape" for him he was super hot to me.
  #14   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM

Bear89 is on a distinguished road
Well said schwermarko
  #15   Add to theunknown's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:45 PM

theunknown is an unknown quantity at this point
True for most bodybuilders. However, Trey Brewer did get rather out of shape for a bodybuilder when he competed (See below).

Now, I agree that people are quick to judge others when they garner as much attention as he did but I can't help but look at that picture and just think: why?

Right now he looks better than he did on this picture, he's probably even healthier. Maybe it's a bad angle, or something else. I don't know, i'm not an expert I just see an athlete here that was hired to guest pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwermarko View Post
Yes, it may surprise many here to learn this, but when you become famous because of pictures of you which are taken under the best conditions when you are at your absolute peak of conditioning, and then you let someone get a picture or video of you when you are not, people on the internet tend not to exhibit any restraint in expressing their disappointment in your physique.

It may also be surprising to learn that having hundreds, or thousands of people express disappointment in how you look hurts your feelings, even if on a rational level you know that all of them are strangers, none of their opinions matter, and most of them are themselves pathetic specimens of the human species. It is a shame that people don't have to compare themselves to the person they are commenting on before they comment, but they don't.

But this is the reason you don't see much of a lot of retired bodybuilders and off season body builders, because no one feels any restraint in throwing around words like "shriveled" and "bloated."
  #16   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Still a great lookin' guy. I just happen to like solid thickness, even if it isn't all muscle.
  #17   Add to an0n12's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Mobility is for wimps.

an0n12 is on a distinguished road
That photo wasn't of him competing but him guest posing which may of sparked some dislike for him since people were complaining at the time that he was being paid to appear and he didn't bring a physique worthy of what was paid for. There is being on the off season and gaining weight and getting to bodyfat levels around the 30% mark and getting paid to bring your A game.
  #18   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:13 PM

This is not a picture that I had seen before, so there are a couple of things to "unpack" if you will.

I have talked to contest promoters about guest posers, and they always see it as being a gamble as to hiring a guest poser, because some people A) take the task seriously, and B) have an off season physique that is worth watching pose. I think that this picture shows the sort of thing that promoters are trying to avoid, and a bodybuilder doesn't have to show up like that more than a few times in order for them not to be called back.

From the point of view of the bodybuilder, however, they have to balance what they have to do to compete with the other things that help them make money and build their reputation like photo shoots and guest posing. So a person who bulks and cuts hard in order to win will get less guest posing time than someone who is more photogenic all the time, that person may be sacrificing a win on stage or a significant toll on their health in order to do that, however. It also makes a bit of a difference how your body stores fat.

Yes, I can guarantee one thing, he is healthier now than he would be if he chose to continue competing. Bodybuilding isn't good for your health. I powerlift, that isn't good for your health either. If I wanted to win a contest in who gets to be oldest I would do yoga and eat wheatgrass. BUT and this is a big BUT-- What you see in the photograph above is a picture of a man who has allowed this body fat to soar into the range doctors refer to as "Normal" (GASP). It may be as high as 15%! When you see the pictures of Trey where he is truly bloated, because he is retaining water from using a steroid that breaks down into estrogen, he has actually in all likelihood made a choice to forgo something more toxic that would keep him dried out and photogenic. A lot about bodybuilding is perception and illusion. I would urge people not to make judgements about how healthy someone is based on photographs. Likewise I think it is a bit harsh to call someone out of shape when they are carrying much more muscle then you and come up to the same body fat range as you for a month or two each year-- please forgive my assumption, if you are sitting at 230+ lbs and 4%- body-fat, I haven't checked. For my own part, I would guess that in that picture he is the same weight I am right now and has a body fat percentage 5-10% leaner than mine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
calhoun (February 6th, 2014), DragonKnight (February 5th, 2014)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options